The number of first-year associate jobs at law firms across the U.S. and Canada is set to rise slightly over the next 12 months, a new survey has found.
- Dentons Reviewing 32 Support Roles After Scottish Deal
- Trump Picks Jones Day Partner to Flip Product Safety Agency
- City by City: A Regional Breakdown of Summer Associate Satisfaction
- Practice Area Monopoly: Straight to Jail or Pass Go Collect $200
- PwC to Launch US Law Firm as Big Four Expand Legal Offerings
- Online Imposters Add to Law Firms' Cyber Risks
Of all the things for a firm to worry about, the financial and tax structure should not top the list, consultant Brad Hildebrandt argues in support of the verein model.
Women now represent 19 percent of equity partners—a record high, though still a sad showing. For those of us who've been covering women in the legal profession for over a decade, "depressing" is the usual standard. And while 19 percent remains woefully low, women seem to be on a forward march.
Execute depositions outside the U.S. seamlessly with this ultimate guide to coordinating international depositions. Find country-specific restrictions, thorough process checklists, and best practices.
In an effort to increase innovation and profits in a burgeoning global economy, companies need to attract and retain a highly skilled immigrant workforce. Could Canada be the solution?