Burford Capital, the world’s largest litigation funder, is getting into the business of lending to law firms, the firm’s CEO announced during an earnings call Tuesday. Burford announced record income and record amounts of new investments during the first half of 2015.
- Chicago’s Freeborn & Peters Snags Fast-Moving Lateral
- Two Suits Entwine Teva-Allergan-Mylan Pharma M&A Nexus
- Boies Schiller to Abandon Suburbs for Downtown D.C.
- Susman Godfrey Founder Donates $2 Million to Jury Project
- Ex-Manager Details Dewey & LeBoeuf’s False Accounting Entries
- ‘Best Firms’ Report Shows Top 50 Shops for Women
The ABA's task force on law school financing was convened to push much-needed student loan reforms. Instead it concluded that everything is fine.
Here's a roundup of news from the law school scene.