In yet another high-profile lateral addition, Kirkland & Ellis poached Weil, Gotshal & Manges private equity partner Douglas Ryder in New York. The hire is the latest in a series of notable moves by Kirkland, which also recently raided Ropes & Gray in Hong Kong, but will lose the founding partner of its San Francisco office to a longtime private equity client.
- IBM Pays Globalfoundries $1.5B to Take Over Chip Business
- Wachtell, Cleary Gottlieb Grab Lead Roles as TPG Ups Stake in CAA
- Two Am Law 100 Firms With California Roots Expand Abroad
- Six Am Law 100 Firms Smooth Way for Another Pipeline Deal
- Skadden Continues M&A Hot Streak With Two Big Deals UPDATED
- Report: Rents Up, Square Footage Down for Am Law 200 Firms