A year after its bid to merge with now-defunct Canadian firm Heenan Blaikie fell through, DLA Piper has found a partner up north in Davis LLP, a 260-lawyer midtier firm based in Vancouver. The combination, effective in April, marks the latest combination of a U.S.-based global firm with one in Canada.
- The Am Law 100, the Early Numbers: Willkie Farr Achieves Personal Best in 2014
- Dealmaker of the Week: Alison Ressler of Sullivan & Cromwell
- CNN’s New 'Above the Law' Series Rankles Legal Blog
- The Am Law 100, the Early Numbers: Paul Hastings’ Revenue Surpasses $1 Billion
- The Am Law 100, the Early Numbers: Nixon Peabody’s Revenue Dips, But Partner Profits Climb
- The Am Law 100, the Early Numbers: Kaye Scholer Grows PPP While Shrinking Head Count
News for law students and lawyer wanna-bees.
Congress may stall, but as agencies speed to enact Obama's regulatory agenda, firms will have plenty of business.