Onetime White House special counsel and former McDermott Will & Emery; Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe; and Patton Boggs partner Lanny Davis was profiled by The American Lawyer in 2010. A recent email dump by the U.S. Department of State reveals how he sought to have Hillary Clinton speak with us for that piece.
- Dinsmore, Brownstein and Duane Morris Bolt-On IP Boutiques
- After Dismissal Arguments, Judge Says Dewey & LeBoeuf Headed to Jury
- Dechert Forms Association With Saudi Firm
- At Sidley Austin, A Pro Bono Project Involves Hundreds
- Report: Revenue Grows By 4 Percent Among Am Law 100 Firms
- Arent Fox Partner Moonlights as Montauk Nightclub Owner
The billable hour may rule for now, but alternative fee arrangements are being used in almost every type of legal work, even in the largest transactions and disputes. Clients say they like the predictability; some firms are openly resistant. Who will win?