John Altorelli, cochair of the U.S. finance practice at DLA Piper in New York, has become at least the third former Dewey & LeBoeuf partner to file for personal bankruptcy protection. The Chapter 7 filing by Altorelli in Connecticut comes after a recent ruling in Dewey’s own bankruptcy case precluding ex-partners from invoking a key defense against clawback claims by the defunct firm’s liquidating trustee.
- Continental Breakfast with Charlie Geffen, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher
- Skadden’s Senior Associate Bonuses Top the Market—For Now UPDATED
- Big British Firm Seeks U.S. Merger Partner in 2015
- The American Lawyer Archives: The Two Faces of Scientology
- Bingham McCutchen Diaspora Brings Bevy of Lateral Moves
- Morgan Lewis Finalizes Bingham McCutchen Deal
Some creators of ranking systems try to avoid responsibility for the behavior their rankings produce.
Law school news: bar passage rates hit new low; B-school instead of law school; predicting your class standing.