Irell & Manella partner Steven Thomas negotiated the sale of Gustav Klimt’s famous gold painting "Adele Bloch-Bauer I," which drew headlines for fetching the highest price for any artwork in 2006. The painting, along with four others, was stolen by the Nazis and recovered by the Bloch-Bauer heirs after an eight-year legal battle with the Austrian government, and is now the subject of "Woman in Gold," a film starring Helen Mirren that will be released Wednesday.
- Report: Law Firms to Keep Chipping Away at Real Estate Costs
- Hogan Lovells Makes First Move into Australia
- Norton Rose Fulbright Reclaims Top Spot in Canadian Brand Survey
- Cadwalader Special Counsel Helps Author FBI Report
- Cozen O'Connor Could Fill Market Void With Chicago Merger
- Slater & Gordon Offers $947M for U.K. Claims Processor