Onetime White House special counsel and former McDermott Will & Emery; Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe; and Patton Boggs partner Lanny Davis was profiled by The American Lawyer in 2010. A recent email dump by the U.S. Department of State reveals how he sought to have Hillary Clinton speak with us for that piece.
- How Much Should Firms Pay to Protect Themselves From Hackers?
- Opposing Counsel Seek to Save Antitrust Accord Involving Ex-Willkie Partner
- Signing a New Lease? Seven Traps to Avoid
- Dilworth Paxson to Close in DC, Stop Staffing NYC
- Brownstein, Dickinson, Dinsmore and Duane Morris Bolt On IP Boutiques UPDATED
- Four Am Law 100 Firms Open New Middle East, U.S. Offices
The billable hour may rule for now, but alternative fee arrangements are being used in almost every type of legal work, even in the largest transactions and disputes. Clients say they like the predictability; some firms are openly resistant. Who will win?