A federal judge in Manhattan threw out a lawsuit filed by David Lola, a former contract lawyer for Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, who accused the firm and its legal staffing agency, Tower Legal Staffing, of violating federal overtime pay laws. Lola's attorney vows to appeal the ruling.
- Akin, Skadden Help Russia's Richest Man Get More Social
- Jones Day Continues Deal Spree with SAP's Concur Buy
- Takeover Battle Highlights Skadden's Inversion Expertise
- Am Law Firms Land Roles on Big Real Estate Deals
- Bingham Loses Bulk of London, Frankfurt Offices to Akin
- Freshfields Bags M&A Bigwig From Shearman & Sterling
Three ways to get suspended, fired or disbarred.
Sen. Elizabeth Warren is promoting legislative relief for student debtors, but some law schools are poster children for the larger problem.