In the first half of 2015, 48 law firms announced mergers, the highest half-year total in nine years, according to the legal consultancy Altman Weil.
- Mayer Brown to Form Hong Kong Alliance With China's Jingtian
- JPMorgan Taps Ex-S&C Litigator to Lead Legal Department
- Bomb Injures Canadian Lawyer; Client’s Ex-Husband Charged
- The Lawyers Who Saved Iceland's Economy
- Holder to 'Cool Off' for 19 Months at Covington & Burling
- Atlanta Firm Files for Ch. 11 After $20 Million Goes Missing
Is your firm better off without a summer associate program?
Accredited for-profit law schools will soon be subject to a new regulation that restricts federal loans to underperforming colleges. If only the government would hold all law schools similarly accountable.