A month after Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz executive compensation partner Jeremy Goldstein left the venerable Am Law 100 firm to start his own practice, the country's most profitable shop on a profits-per-partner basis looked outside its ranks to find a replacement in Simpson Thacher & Bartlett partner Andrea Wahlquist. She becomes only the fourth lateral partner hire in Wachtell's storied history.
- Bingham Headlines Latest Round of Merger Rumblings
- Russian Steelmaker Sells U.S. Plants for $2.3 Billion
- Dealmaker of the Week: Davis Polk & Wardwell's William Chudd
- More Lawyers Asking for Help for Alcohol, Drug Abuse
- Amid Shrinking Nameplates, Gordon & Rees Expands
- Four Firms Advise on Latest Deal Arising From North America’s Energy Boom
The latest in gossipy, curious and totally irrelevant news about people in law.
Some law school apologists resist the suggestion of a crisis in legal education; others, like University of North Carolina professor Bernard Burk, have the courage to speak up.