Chiquita Brands International has agreed to acquire Irish rival Fyffes in a $526 million stock-for-stock deal that would create the world's largest supplier of bananas. Chiquita is being advised by Skadden, as well as Taft Stettinius & Hollister and Irish firm McCann FitzGerald. Simpson Thacher and Arthur Cox are representing Fyffes, which is receiving antitrust advice from King & Wood Mallesons SJ Berwin. Freshfields and Kirkland are serving as antitrust counsel to Chiquita.
- Mineral Company Taps Cravath for Big M&A Buy
- Revenue Growth Can't Keep Husch Playing in Peoria
- Emails Aren't Only Challenge in Dewey Defense, Experts Say
- Searching for Zachary Warren, the Other Dewey Defendant
- Patton Boggs Will Survive, Even With More Reductions, Managing Partner Says
- Legal Sector Shed 300 Jobs in February
Special Reports and Features
Six years after Lehman Brothers died, technology-driven changes in the market are slow to arrive.
When smart people are determined to see things a certain way, facts get ignored and the truth becomes a casualty.
Sara Randazzo ,The American Lawyer
- The Churn: Kaye Scholer Adds Cybersecurity Expert, Plus More Lateral Moves
- The Churn: Dentons Continues Heenan Blaikie Hiring, Plus More Lateral Moves
- The Churn: Dinsmore Absorbs Bond Firm, Plus More Lateral Moves
- The Churn: Latham Adds from Ropes in Boston, Plus More Lateral Moves