Onetime White House special counsel and former McDermott Will & Emery; Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe; and Patton Boggs partner Lanny Davis was profiled by The American Lawyer in 2010. A recent email dump by the U.S. Department of State reveals how he sought to have Hillary Clinton speak with us for that piece.
- Brownstein, Dinsmore and Duane Morris Bolt On IP Boutiques
- After Dismissal Arguments, Judge Says Dewey & LeBoeuf Case Going to Jury
- Four Am Law 100 Firms Open New Middle East, U.S. Offices
- At Sidley Austin, A Pro Bono Project Involves Hundreds
- Florida Real Estate Resurgence Bolsters GrayRobinson's Bottom Line UPDATED
- Pennsylvania Firms See Rates, Demand Rise Above National Averages
The billable hour may rule for now, but alternative fee arrangements are being used in almost every type of legal work, even in the largest transactions and disputes. Clients say they like the predictability; some firms are openly resistant. Who will win?