Four Am Law 100 firms are facing off in a $2.2 billion takeover fight involving Endo International's bid to acquire Auxilium Pharmaceuticals, a deal that would stymie a $345 million tax inversion deal forged by the latter this summer with Canadian biotechnology firm QLT. Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, which is currently advising Auxilium, has also done inversion work for Endo.
- Am Law Firms Land Roles on Big Real Estate Deals
- Bingham Loses Bulk of London, Frankfurt Offices to Akin
- Freshfields Bags M&A Bigwig From Shearman & Sterling
- The American Lawyer Names Global Legal Awards Grand Prize Winners
- Detroit Trial Elicits Unusual Apology From Kirkland, Syncora
- Am Law 100 Trio Revs Up for Auto Parts Megamerger
Women are losing ground in client origination, says study.
Sen. Elizabeth Warren is promoting legislative relief for student debtors, but some law schools are poster children for the larger problem.