As Bingham McCutchen engages in merger talks in an effort to reshape its future, the firm is still coping with the fallout from one of its many past combinations. Five years ago this month, Bingham joined with McKee Nelson in a deal that saw every partner from the latter receive a guaranteed contract. Bingham has only now confirmed the guarantees after The Am Law Daily brought them to light.
- Four Am Law 100 Firms Help Zillow Snap Up Trulia
- Dollar Tree Pays Big Bucks for Bargain Retail Rival
- Yukos Scores $50 Billion Arbitration Victory Against Russia
- 21st Century Fox Sells German, Italian Units for $9 Billion
- Under Israel's Iron Dome, Another Law Firm Merger
- Am Law Firms Lead on Breitburn Energy Deal
Legally, the Yukos oligarchs deserve their $50 billion. Morally, it's murky.
If you thought the story of Dewey & LeBoeuf ended when the firm declared bankruptcy, you're wrong. The best is yet to come.