Rumored for weeks to be mulling a potential union, the two Am Law 100 firms saw their leaders reach an agreement on a merger deal Friday that could create a 2,100-lawyer firm with offices in 28 cities. The potential combination, which does net yet include a letter of intent, comes after months of lateral partner departures at Bingham. The firm has gone through a leadership change as it seeks to rebound from a tough year financially in 2013.
- Freshfields Poaches Fried Frank Capital Markets Team
- Law Firm Lawsuit-Palooza: Latham, Baker & McKenzie Under Fire
- Judge Dismisses Contract Attorney's Suit Against Skadden
- Akin, Skadden Help Russia's Richest Man Get More Social
- Jones Day Continues Deal Spree with SAP's Concur Buy
- Takeover Battle Highlights Skadden's Inversion Expertise
Three ways to get suspended, fired or disbarred.
Sen. Elizabeth Warren is promoting legislative relief for student debtors, but some law schools are poster children for the larger problem.