After a spate of lateral departures following a tough financial year in 2013, Bingham McCutchen has reportedly sounded out several Am Law 100 firms for potential tie-up talks, which come at a record-setting time for law firm mergers.
- Wachtell Raids Simpson Thacher for Executive Compensation Expert
- Russian Steelmaker Sells U.S. Plants for $2.3 Billion
- Dealmaker of the Week: Davis Polk & Wardwell's William Chudd
- More Lawyers Asking for Help for Alcohol, Drug Abuse
- Amid Shrinking Nameplates, Gordon & Rees Expands
- Four Firms Advise on Latest Deal Arising From North America’s Energy Boom
The latest in gossipy, curious and totally irrelevant news about people in law.
Some law school apologists resist the suggestion of a crisis in legal education; others, like University of North Carolina professor Bernard Burk, have the courage to speak up.