As the 2014-15 National Basketball season tips off this week, several Am Law 100 firms are getting in on some off-the-court legal action. DLA Piper has been retained to advise on a sale of the NBA's Atlanta Hawks, Sullivan & Cromwell is counseling the owner of the New York Knicks on a potential split of his company's operations and Proskauer Rose its representing the league itself on a landmark deal in Brazil. The NBA players union also filed its annual operating report, which details legal fees paid to Paul Weiss, Orrick, Steptoe, Weil and Winston & Strawn.
- Ex-Mayer Brown CIO Gets 27 Months in Prison
- Kirkland's Latest Raid Targets Skadden, But Simpson Partner Slips Away UPDATED
- Baker & McKenzie, DLA Piper Beef Up Presence in Mexico
- Skadden to Relocate Offices Near Hudson Yards
- Dentons Reps Fired CBC Radio Host
- Former Am Law Associate Parasails to Paradise