- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Winston-Salem, N.C.
- Head Count: 492
- Gross Revenues: $282,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $575,000
- Profits Per Partner: $605,000
- Year Over Year Change: -1
Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice is a Winston-Salem-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice has 492 attorneys and is the 86th largest firm in the United States. With $282,000,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 110th on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in CA, DC, DE, GA, MD, NC, SC and VA.
In the News
: The Recorder : January 12, 2015
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 10, 2015
Davis Wright Tremaine and Dentons absorb two small shops; Cadwalader adds a seven-strong team from Latham & Watkins; a former senator signs on at DLA Piper; McDermott's European antitrust head goes in-house; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Jeff Mordock : Delaware Business Court Insider : January 07, 2015
Several of the Delaware law firms focused on corporate law made some big moves in 2014. The year also welcomed some new players into the arena with one firm entering Delaware and another, established firm launching a Chancery Court practice.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : January 07, 2015
Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice's newly elected chairwoman, Betty Temple, represents several firsts for the firm.
: Daily Report : December 29, 2014
This year's top 20 articles rated by number of page views on www.dailyreportonline.com between Jan. 1 and Dec. 29.
Jeff Mordock : Delaware Law Weekly : December 24, 2014
Delaware's legal landscape changed slightly in 2014. Four new firms entered the market while firms established in Delaware expanded, relocated or launched a new office. Lateral activity was also busy with several well-known names moving to new firms.
Jeff Mordock : Delaware Law Weekly : December 10, 2014
Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice has launched a Delaware Court of Chancery litigation group in its Delaware office and tapped corporate law practitioner Jill K. Agro as the new unit's first hire.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : December 09, 2014
A leading French M&A lawyer heads to Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom in Paris; King & Spalding brings back a former partner and sees its M&A cohead head to the NFL; Squire Patton Boggs makes it rain Down Under and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Greg Land : Daily Report : December 02, 2014
The onetime owners of a Kennesaw-based company are seeking more than $33 million in a legal malpractice suit against Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice and four lawyers over what the plaintiffs claim was a mishandled corporate sale.
David Bario : The Litigation Daily : November 21, 2014
Five months after the U.S. Supreme Court decided Aereo's business model was in direct conflict with copyright law, the online television company announced Friday that it filed for bankruptcy protection. But Aereo says its lawyers still have plenty of work to do.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : November 19, 2014
Law firms again led the top scorers in this year's Corporate Equality Index rating by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation. Of Atlanta's six largest firms, four scored 100 percent and two scored 90 percent in the rating, which measures how supportive the nation's top law firms and corporations are of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : November 18, 2014
Douglas Chandler and Bret Moore have joined forces to form Chandler & Moore Law, handling legal malpractice and personal injury cases.
: The National Law Journal : November 17, 2014
Laterals and new arrivals in this week's column.
Richard Acello : The National Law Journal : November 17, 2014
"Our department may be small, but what we lack in size we make up for in stamina and a passion for getting the job done right."
: The National Law Journal : November 10, 2014
New arrivals and lateral moves in this week's column.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : November 09, 2014
Covington & Burling picks up a leading consumer financial services lawyer from Morrison & Foerster, a firm that recently saw a technology transactions partner join the NBA; Gibson Dunn makes a government hire after election season; two more firms raid Bingham; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : November 04, 2014
Jones Day has landed former federal prosecutor Jack Williams from Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice. Williams joined Jones Day as a partner in the business and tort litigation practice.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : October 31, 2014
In a push to raise Atlanta's profile as a location of choice for international arbitration, the Atlanta International Arbitration Society is looking toward Africa.
Katelyn Polantz : Legal Times : October 28, 2014
The NLJ looks at how the legal industry supports certain interests and people, and where lobbying horsepower could focus in the coming years. In this report, we've highlighted midterm election contributions to three powerful members of Congress.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : October 28, 2014
Three more Edwards Wildman Palmer partners head elsewhere amid the firm's looming merger vote with Locke Lord; Kirkland's latest lateral raid targets Skadden; a Bingham McCutchen restructuring partner heads in-house; Tom Daschle joins forces with Baker Donelson; and more notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : October 27, 2014
Concord Hospitality Enterprises Co. has named Heather Mallard as its first-ever senior vice president and general counsel.
Mark Gerlach : Law Technology News : October 23, 2014
ACC conference will examine e-discovery, vendor contracts, Big Data, FRCP amendments and more.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : October 18, 2014
Another Edwards Wildman Palmer partner departs ahead of the firm's proposed merger later this year with Locke Lord; a Bingham partner heads to the FCC; Fried Frank and Kirkland & Ellis add a pair of new partners; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : October 14, 2014
Elizabeth Bondurant and her litigation team have joined Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice from Smith Moore Leatherwood. They handle insurance and fiduciary litigation, including ERISA claims.
John Pacenti : Daily Business Review : September 17, 2014
Allan B. Kaiser and Chris Gottfried won $28 million for the family of a dead smoker by linking his two kinds of lung cancer to smoking.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : September 15, 2014
Eco-friendly approach to major office renovation is rewarded with the rare certification of an office buildout for an Atlanta law firm
: The National Law Journal : September 08, 2014
Cases recently filed in the Washington-area district courts.
John Pacenti : Daily Business Review : September 03, 2014
A Miami-Dade jury awards $28 million to the estate of a late smoker in a case against R.J. Reynolds.
Mary Welch : Daily Report : August 18, 2014
When Phillip McCorkle wanted to add an associate to his Savannah-based law firm, he would make an offer each time to his nephew, Robert L. McCorkle III, who repeatedly rejected it.
Sheri Qualters : The National Law Journal : August 11, 2014
The chief legal officer of Hanesbrands Inc. handles a myriad of tasks for the $4.6 billion apparel company with a lean legal staff.