- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Winston-Salem, N.C.
- Head Count: 494
- Gross Revenues: $296,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $600,000
- Profits Per Partner: $650,000
- Year Over Year Change: N/A
Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice is a Winston-Salem-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice has 494 attorneys and is the 88th largest firm in the United States. With $296,500,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 112th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in CA, DC, DE, GA, MD, NC, SC and VA.
In the News
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : May 04, 2016
Elizabeth “Betty” Temple, the new leader of Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice, talks about building the “superregional” firm of the future, and how she landed a job she hadn't even considered seeking.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 18, 2016
A four-lawyer team leaves Dykema Gossett to start their own shop; Norton Rose Fulbright nabs a dealmaker who nearly died in an African plane crash; a Seyfarth Shaw practice leader joins a high-profile boutique; and other notable additions from The Am Law 200.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : April 11, 2016
Arnall Golden Gregory reported a breakout 2015. Revenue shot up 10.8 percent—almost three times 2014's revenue increase—to $88 million. Net income jumped 24.7 percent to $35.5 million.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : April 08, 2016
The program exposes high school students to a career in law through paid summer internships in the legal world—and offers intensive training and mentoring in navigating the professional workplace.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : April 08, 2016
An in-house lawyer at Accenture Federal Services, Shawn Haque, recently teamed up with Alison Bost of Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice to write an in-house lawyer's guide to protecting attorney-client privilege.
Charles Toutant : New Jersey Law Journal : March 03, 2016
A federal judge in Camden has dismissed a food company's suit claiming a competitor offered to buy a portion of its business as a ruse to obtain its burrito recipes and other trade secrets.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : February 29, 2016
Hogan Lovells goes global for new recruits; a rough week for K&L Gates; Crowell & Moring brings back a top prosecutor; Debevoise bags a federal judge; DLA Piper plucks a longtime ESPN lawyer; and other notable additions from around The Am Law 200.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : February 18, 2016
Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton's chairman, J. Henry Walker IV, summed up 2015 as "a solid year with strong growth in some key practice areas."
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : February 17, 2016
Corporate lawyers John "Sandy" Smith and Lou Barbieri have joined Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton as partners from Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Smith. Plus more in this week's column.
Tom McParland : Delaware Law Weekly : February 10, 2016
Philadelphia-based national law firm Drinker Biddle & Reath announced for the second time in as many weeks that it has bolstered its Wilmington ranks, this time with the addition of Steven K. Kortanek as a partner on its bankruptcy and corporate restructuring team.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : February 09, 2016
A year after Morgan Lewis absorbed Bingham McCutchen, several lawyers from the latter find new homes; Fried Frank welcomes back an ex-partner; Jenner & Block brings on an M&A leader; and other additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : January 20, 2016
More firms are promoting lawyers to partner—and promoting more of them—than last year, based on the steady stream of partner promotion announcements the Daily Report has received this month.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 06, 2016
Two litigation partners depart Dickstein Shapiro's shrinking New York office; Cooley lands a high-profile M&A partner from O'Melveny & Myers; Pillsbury plucks an insurance team from Orrick; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : January 05, 2016
After 24 years solo, Decatur personal injury lawyer Bruce Hagen has formed a new firm, Hagen Rosskopf & Earle, with Ken Rosskopf, who focuses exclusively on bicycle wreck cases, and Hagen's senior associate, Myrlin Earle.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : December 31, 2015
Betty Temple is Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice's new leader, effective Jan. 1. Temple, a corporate and securities lawyer, succeeds Keith Vaughan, a litigator, who ran the firm for 14 years. Her partners voted her in as Womble's next chair and chief executive a year ago, and during the transitional year she has been vice chair and a member of the executive committee.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : December 22, 2015
Thompson & Knight welcomes back a father and son attorney team in Mexico; King & Spalding grabs a Skadden counsel in D.C.; Latham & Watkins takes on a Goldman Sachs executive; and other key hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : November 29, 2015
A year after rejoining Skadden, Cyrus Amir-Mokri heads to JPMorgan Chase; a top Squire Patton Boggs public policy partner departs; four Perkins Coie lawyers head in-house; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : November 24, 2015
: The National Law Journal : November 23, 2015
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.