- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Winston-Salem, N.C.
- Head Count: 494
- Gross Revenues: $296,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $600,000
- Profits Per Partner: $650,000
- Year Over Year Change: -2
Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice is a Winston-Salem-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice has 494 attorneys and is the 88th largest firm in the United States. With $296,500,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 112th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in CA, DC, DE, GA, MD, NC, SC and VA.
In the News
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : June 08, 2015
Less than 1 percent increase in total partners and zero expansion in associate ranks in 2014.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 02, 2015
The National Football League Players Association filed its annual financial report with the U.S. Department of Labor, which shows that the powerful professional sports union has paid big money to lawyers from five leading Am Law 100 firms.
Carlyn Kolker : The American Lawyer : May 25, 2015
The original "Engle" tobacco class action is long gone, but its progeny live on. Now the verdicts and settlements are mounting.
Monica Bay : Legaltech News : May 18, 2015
How e-discovery managed services can streamline litigation processes and costs.
Michael A. Riccardi : Delaware Law Weekly : May 13, 2015
A final judgment may not be vacated in the "interest of justice" in order to give a party that has not had notice of the award a fresh chance to file a challenge, the Delaware Supreme Court ruled last week.
Lisa Shuchman : The Litigation Daily : May 08, 2015
Three years after Aereo Inc. first rattled the broadcast television industry with its online TV streaming service, the company's copyright battle with the nation's major networks is finally over.
Saranac Hale Spencer : The Legal Intelligencer : May 05, 2015
An executive at a tech company got out of a lawsuit over a soured business deal after he got the declaration of a lawyer struck.
: New Jersey Law Journal : April 15, 2015
Secured Creditor Status Insufficient to Confer Standing in Underlying Dispute
: The Recorder : April 06, 2015
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
: The Recorder : April 03, 2015
Plus, Downey Brand makes a play in the Valley. And Morgan Lewis doesn't like what it's hearing.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : March 31, 2015
The Sacramento firm poached five lawyers and five patent agents from Womble Carlyle.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : March 31, 2015
Adam Streisand, head of Loeb & Loeb's trusts and estates litigation group, is headed to Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton; Hogan Lovells heads to Australia and hires a DLA Piper practice leader; Baker Botts bulks up in the Middle East; and more notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Mary Welch : Daily Report : February 20, 2015
The pipeline to partnership has been clogged by residue from the recession, lateral partner movement and lifestyle issues, but observers have noticed a renewed interest by firms in developing top-tier attorneys so they have more of an unobstructed path.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : February 17, 2015
Scott Grubman, a former federal prosecutor focused on health care fraud investigations, joined Chilivis, Cochran, Larkins & Bever on Monday as a partner from Rogers & Hardin.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : February 04, 2015
Boies Schiller & Flexner partner Kathleen Smalley is headed to newly merged Locke Lord; Davis Polk poaches Greenberg Traurig's real estate chair in New York; three DLA Piper finance lawyers depart; Littler Mendelson heads to Maine; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : February 01, 2015
Polsinelli, one of the Am Law 100's fastest-growing firms, churns through its partnership; Alston & Bird adds eight in Dallas; Freshfields hires again in New York; a Skadden practice leader goes in-house; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Alyson M. Palmer : Daily Report : January 29, 2015
A class action over so-called junk faxes that at one point produced a $459 million verdict has settled for $10 million in cash—with additional money and litigation possible.
: The Recorder : January 12, 2015
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 10, 2015
Davis Wright Tremaine and Dentons absorb two small shops; Cadwalader adds a seven-strong team from Latham & Watkins; a former senator signs on at DLA Piper; McDermott's European antitrust head goes in-house; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Jeff Mordock : Delaware Business Court Insider : January 07, 2015
Several of the Delaware law firms focused on corporate law made some big moves in 2014. The year also welcomed some new players into the arena with one firm entering Delaware and another, established firm launching a Chancery Court practice.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : January 07, 2015
Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice's newly elected chairwoman, Betty Temple, represents several firsts for the firm.