- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Chicago
- Head Count: 808
- Gross Revenues: $818,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,015,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,805,000
- Year Over Year Change: -1
Winston & Strawn is a Chicago-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2016 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Winston & Strawn has 808 attorneys and is the 42nd largest firm in the United States. With $818,500,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 39th on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2015 Global 100 survey, Winston & Strawn ranked as the 47th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in AZ, CA, DC, IL, NC, NJ, NY and TX.
In the News
: The National Law Journal : July 11, 2016
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : July 11, 2016
The largest law firms in New York showed wide disparity in attorney head count growth, and gains at some firms were outweighed by deep drops at others.
: New York Law Journal : July 05, 2016
Among other moves, Jared Hershberg joined Reed Smith as a partner in its corporate and transactional advisory group, and Morgan Lewis named six of its attorneys as partners.
: The National Law Journal : July 04, 2016
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : June 29, 2016
Many of June's most notable lateral hires involved litigators exiting the Justice Department and the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York. Other significant moves featured lawyers who specialize in being adverse to the government. Thanks, Uncle Sam.
Roy Strom : The Am Law Daily : June 28, 2016
After the the efforts of attorney Thomas Geoghegan, Chicago sci-fi fans hoping to pore over "Star Wars" memorabilia may have to travel to a city far, far away.
Rebecca Cohen : The Recorder : June 27, 2016
Stanford Law School's first Women in the Law Hackathon generated unique ideas to improve gender equality in the law.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 27, 2016
Several new recruits join Reed Smith; Latham & Watkins welcomes a former Sullivan & Cromwell partner in New York; Gibson Dunn grabs one and loses another; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : June 23, 2016
Thomas Laryea, co-chair of Dentons' global government sector and former head of the firm's Africa initiative, has joined a new shop specializing in the diverse legal needs of African governments and diaspora from the continent.
Lisa Shuchman : Corporate Counsel : June 23, 2016
Suits by trolls still bedevil patent holders, despite efforts to rein them in.
Lizzy McLellan : The Legal Intelligencer : June 21, 2016
Pennsylvania Attorney General Kathleen Kane's bid to have her criminal charges thrown out on grounds of selective prosecution was rejected by the trial judge in the case.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 20, 2016
Amid more departures, K&L Gates seeks to grow; Akin Gump and Reed Smith hire from Winston & Strawn; Fox Rothschild reels in a leading Twin Cities litigator; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : June 16, 2016
Christopher Salis, a former global vice president for the enterprise software company, tipped off a friend to an upcoming merger, according to an SEC complaint.
Amanda Bronstad : The Litigation Daily : June 16, 2016
David Dahlquist and J. Robert Robertson handed the Federal Trade Commission a rare loss in a hospital merger case.
Gina Passarella : The Recorder : June 16, 2016
Neal Marder, the head of Winston & Strawn's consumer class action practice, left the firm after 16 years for Akin Gump in Los Angeles.
Lizzy McLellan : The Legal Intelligencer : June 15, 2016
The Pennsylvania Superior Court has quashed an appeal by Attorney General Kathleen Kane, in which she argued that the charges against her should have been dismissed, and that the entire Montgomery County Court of Common Pleas bench should recuse from her case.
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : June 15, 2016
Law firms and their former associates are taking notice as an incubator for budding tech lawyers takes shape in New York City.
Roy Strom : The National Law Journal : June 14, 2016
A Chicago federal district judge on Tuesday shot down the Federal Trade Commission's efforts to block a merger of two hospitals in Chicago's north suburbs that could create a $7 billion health system. A federal judge in Pennsylvania last month denied the agency's attempt to enjoin a merger there. That case is on appeal in the Third Circuit.
Roy Strom : The National Law Journal : June 13, 2016
New Yorker Michael Coscia, Chicago-based Russian immigrant Igor Oystacher and Londoner Navinder Sarao have made headlines for sharing a dubious distinction: They were among the first to be accused of an en vogue financial crime known as "spoofing."
: New York Law Journal : June 07, 2016
Ari Waldman is a full-time associate professor of law at New York Law School and director of its Innovation Center for Law and Technology. He is the founder and director of the Tyler Clementi Institute for CyberSafety that was launched last year.