- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Dallas
- Head Count: 312
- Gross Revenues: $204,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $655,000
- Profits Per Partner: $960,000
- Year Over Year Change: N/A
Winstead is a Dallas-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Winstead has 312 attorneys and is the 140th largest firm in the United States. With $204,500,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 142nd on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in DC, LA, NC, NY and TX.
In the News
: Texas Lawyer : January 28, 2016
Your Jan. 4 article incorrectly described lawyer and philanthropist Joe Jamail as "The King of Torts." Joe's former law partner, Judge George Cire, made the definitive statement on this topic in 1977 when I clerked for the judge.
: Texas Lawyer : January 28, 2016
Brant J. Stogner, a trial lawyer, has been named a partner in Houston-based Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Sorrels, Agosto & Friend.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : December 18, 2015
Dallas-based Thompson, Coe, Cousins & Irons will open an office in New Orleans on Jan. 1, 2016 with laterals from Burleson LLP, which is closing on Dec. 31.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : December 17, 2015
Winstead, along with California firm Ervin Cohen & Jessup, represented a group led by Gabriel Brener in its purchase of a majority interest in the MLS team in Houston.
Margie Menzel, News Service of Florida : : November 30, 2015
More children are coming into Florida's foster-care system after a sweeping child-welfare reform law went into effect 19 months ago, but officials say the state is trying to focus on what's best for kids in difficult situations.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : November 20, 2015
Texas firms have ways to identify and deal with lawyer substance abuse and depression problems among lawyers.
Angela Morris : Texas Lawyer : November 05, 2015
High-level staff who are the closest to Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton feel stressed and worried about his indictments, said first assistant AG Chip Roy. But there's a caveat for Roy. "It's not cancer," he explained.
: Texas Lawyer : October 30, 2015
Rory Hatch has joined Winstead as an associate in the Houston office. He is in the firm's commercial litigation practice group.
Angela Morris : Texas Lawyer : October 26, 2015
Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton's indictment has prompted his recusal from some duties in his office. The last time a sitting attorney general was indicted, there were no recusals, but it definitely affected the AG's office.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : October 25, 2015
Stone Ridge Asset Management recruits a Davis Polk & Wardwell corporate partner to be its new head of legal; McKenna Long's former cybsecurity co-chair finds a new home; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Susan Beck and Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : The American Lawyer : October 16, 2015
As out-of-state firms gain market share in the Lone Star State, native Texas firms are having to rethink their strategies.
: Texas Lawyer : October 09, 2015
Dara Hegar has been named managing attorney of The Lanier Law Firm. She will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating litigation efforts in the firm's Houston, Los Angeles and New York offices.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : October 01, 2015
Boston-based Greene & Hafer partners up with Sullivan & Worcester; Greenberg Traurig grows in Texas; Paul Weiss welcomes a “Rising Star”; Skadden snags a new Paris tax head; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Miriam Rozen : Texas Lawyer : September 28, 2015
Despite the firm's international reach, Greenberg's management honors local autonomy, she said. "It's not a New York firm coming along and telling us what to do," Venditti said.
: Texas Lawyer : September 18, 2015
Esmeralda Tinajero has joined the Dallas office of Winstead as an associate in the firm's real estate development and investment practice.
: Texas Lawyer : September 07, 2015
Quentin Brogdon has joined Crain Lewis Brogdon in Dallas as a partner. He represents plaintiffs in catastrophic personal injury litigation.
: Texas Lawyer : August 21, 2015
William Powers Jr., former University of Texas at Austin president and a former dean of the University of Texas School of Law, has joined the Austin office of Jackson Walker as of counsel.
Zach Warren : Legaltech News : August 21, 2015
Ashley Madison may have people from government agents to Josh Duggar sweating, but these five cybersecurity hacks have already paved the way for potential embarrassment.