- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Dallas
- Head Count: 335
- Gross Revenues: $212,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $635,000
- Profits Per Partner: $975,000
- Year Over Year Change: N/A
Winstead is a Dallas-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2016 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Winstead has 331 attorneys and is the 127th largest firm in the United States. With $212,500,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 137th on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in DC, LA, NC, NY and TX.
In the News
: Texas Lawyer : July 01, 2016
James Ruiz, an Austin shareholder in Winstead, has been appointed chair of the firm's litigation and dispute resolution department. The department has more than six practice groups with more than 100 attorneys.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : June 29, 2016
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld ranked the highest among Texas Am Law 200 firms on The American Lawyer's Pro Bono report.
: The National Law Journal : June 20, 2016
New arrivals and lateral moves in this week's column.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 13, 2016
Former eBay general counsel Michael Jacobson returns to Cooley in Silicon Valley; a Kirkland & Ellis seeks a shave; Greenberg Traurig grows in Israel; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
MARY ALICE ROBBINS : Texas Lawyer : June 08, 2016
Rachel S. Giani has joined the Austin office of Winstead as of counsel in the firm's corporate, securities and mergers and acquisitions practice group. Plus other On the Move News.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : June 07, 2016
Three bankruptcy lawyers leave Winstead to join Haynes and Boone as partners in Dallas.
: Texas Lawyer : June 01, 2016
James T. Thompson has joined Porter Hedges in Houston as a partner in the firm's energy section.
Angela Neville : Texas Lawyer : May 24, 2016
Chesapeake Energy and Total E&P USA recently reached a global settlement under which they will pay out a combined total of $52.5 million to more than 13,000 clients of two Texas-based law firms who claimed they were shortchanged related to their natural gas royalties.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : May 23, 2016
Dallas-based Haynes and Boone is the Texas firm with the highest ranking on The American Lawyer's Diversity Scorecard 2016.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 23, 2016
Steptoe & Johnson's Korea practice co-head finds a new home; a Bryan Cave practice leader joins the Kentucky Derby; a longtime Paul Weiss litigator becomes a regulator; Perkins Coie hires from Microsoft; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : May 20, 2016
Seven Texas firms were among the second hundred highest-grossing firms in 2015 and appear on The American Lawyer's The Second Hundred.
Mary Alice Robbins : Texas Lawyer : May 19, 2016
Sean M. Whyte has joined Gardere Wynne Sewell in Dallas as a partner. Whyte has a multifaceted litigation practice that involves complex commercial litigation, consumer class actions and products liability.
Mary Alice Robbins : Texas Lawyer : May 06, 2016
Gino J. Rossini has been promoted to partner in Dallas-based Hermes Law. Rossini's practice is devoted to handling post-trial and appellate matters in state and federal court as well as providing related support at all stages of litigation.
: Texas Lawyer : May 02, 2016
Richard O. Faulk, an appellate attorney, has joined Alexander Dubose Jefferson & Townsend as a partner in the firm's Houston office. Faulk, who focuses on complex toxic tort and environmental litigation, will split his time between Houston and Washington, D.C.
Miriam Rozen : Texas Lawyer : April 29, 2016
Since his own legal troubles began last summer, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton has not received the love –specifically, in the form of cash contributions to his officeholder's account--from big Texas law firms that his predecessor netted.
Mary Alice Robins : Texas Lawyer : April 27, 2016
Laura Whiting has joined Gardere Wynne Sewell as an environmental partner in the firm's Dallas office. She will assist clients with all aspects of compliance and permitting for heavily regulated industry and real estate development.
Mary Alice Robbins : Texas Lawyer : April 20, 2016
Winstead has hired a number of attorneys in recent months and promoted several others.
: Texas Lawyer : April 12, 2016
Reports for Texas Lawyer's annual firm finance coverage are coming in. Check back often to this page for the latest insights on firm revenue, net income and other metrics. Included below Texas Lawyer's articles is a link to The American Lawyer's growing list of financial reports.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : April 07, 2016
Gross revenue for Dallas-based Winstead improves by 3.9 percent in 2015 and sets a record for firm.
: Texas Lawyer : April 04, 2016
Douglas A. Yeager, a Houston partner in Locke Lord, has been named chairman of the firm's Finance, Banking and Real Estate Department.
Miriam Rozen : Texas Lawyer : March 28, 2016
In a race-discrimination employment lawsuit in Dallas federal court, corporate defendants filed a motion for sanctions against the plaintiff, a certified nursing assistant. The defendants' motion alleges the plaintiff's side engaged in spoliation of evidence and specifically that the plaintiff's lawyer failed to produce relevant email correspondence.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : March 25, 2016
New managing shareholder Tom Van Arsdel joined the firm right out of law school in 1998.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : March 07, 2016
K&L Gates and Sidley Austin disgorge partners to new Chicago offices for other firms; a bevy of moves at legal giants Baker & McKenzie and Norton Rose Fulbright; Schulte Roth bolts on a broker-dealer group; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Angela Morris : Texas Lawyer : February 25, 2016
As the primary election approaches, it's interesting to note that American lawyers tend to be more liberal than the public, but Texas lawyers skew conservative. Some of the most conservative big firms are in Texas.
: Texas Lawyer : February 22, 2016
Michelle Rosenblatt has joined Armbrust & Brown in Austin as senior counsel; Mark C. Howland and Samuel E. Joyner have joined Carrington, Coleman, Sloman & Blumenthal in Dallas as partners; and more.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : February 15, 2016
After closing its Moscow office, K&L Gates doubles down in Australia; Greenberg Traurig grabs a Goodwin Procter securities litigator; high-powered lawyers leave Vinson & Elkins and Morgan Lewis in Houston; and other key additions from around The Am Law 200.
: Texas Lawyer : February 12, 2016
Trevor Wommack has joined the Houston office of Vinson & Elkins as a partner in the firm's finance practice group. He focuses his practice on syndicated lending in the energy sector.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : February 11, 2016
A month after it lured away a group from Dickstein Shapiro in Connecticut, Holland & Knight is opening in North Carolina's commercial hub with three banking and finance partners from Bryan Cave and Winstead.