- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Palo Alto
- Head Count: 698
- Gross Revenues: $735,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,055,000
- Profits Per Partner: $2,215,000
- Year Over Year Change: 8
Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati is a Palo Alto-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2016 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati has 698 attorneys and is the 55th largest firm in the United States. With $735,000,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 45th on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosatiranked as the 62nd highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, DE, NY, TX, UT, VA and WA.
In the News
Rebecca Cohen : The Recorder : July 08, 2016
Valley specialists like Gunderson saw head counts surge, while firms with more general practices like Latham & Watkins also saw an uptick in the state and nationally.
: New Jersey Law Journal : July 07, 2016
Company's Disregard of Its Promise to Protect Online Privacy Actionable
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : July 06, 2016
Celebrity deaths and estate tax repeal efforts have a way of raising the profile of trusts and estate practices. Both of those have been in the news this year, and both highlight the fact that many top law firms turned away from those practices. But at midsized firms in New Jersey, T&E was never dead and buried, practitioners say.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : July 05, 2016
U.S. District Judge Vince Chhabria used his former colleague's Twitter feed to make a point about unwanted texts.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : July 04, 2016
After managing the patent system for the UN, James Pooley goes back to Big Law to help clients with trade secret cases.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : June 30, 2016
Judge Sallie Kim on her decision-making process and what she wants from lawyers in settlement conferences.
: Delaware Law Weekly : June 29, 2016
Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati held a general counsel series discussion on the issues raised by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and how the SEC's heightened focus on Silicon Valley could impact companies.
Amanda Bronstad : The National Law Journal : June 27, 2016
Bay Area-based firm cites work in venture funding deals behind 26 percent rise in head count.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : June 24, 2016
That's one way to understand a data analysis that found the firm's fingerprints all over the agreement to buy LinkedIn for $26.2 billion.
: The National Law Journal : June 20, 2016
The parents of two first-graders killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre are offering to settle their wrongful-death lawsuit against Newtown, Connecticut, and its Board of Education for $5.5 million each. Plus more in this week's column.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 17, 2016
From industrial chemicals to traffic cones, one of the last weeks of spring provided a plethora of transactional opportunities for dozens of Am Law 100 firms.
James Booth and Brian Baxter : New York Law Journal : June 16, 2016
A half-dozen Am Law 100 firms have landed roles on one of the year's largest technology deals, Microsoft Corp.'s proposed $26.2 billion acquisition announced Monday of LinkedIn Corp.
Bloomberg News : Daily Business Review : June 14, 2016
Simpson Thacher advised Microsoft and Wilson Sonsini represents LinkIn on the dela valuing the networking site at $196 per share.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : June 13, 2016
Davis Polk & Wardwell, Fenwick & West, Ropes & Gray, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett and Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati are advising on Symantec Corp.'s $4.65 billion buy of Blue Coat Systems Inc. from buyout giant Bain Capital LP.
Brenda sapino jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : June 13, 2016
Houston-based Vinson & Elkins hires five litigators who do IP work, with four coming from Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld and one from Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 13, 2016
Former eBay general counsel Michael Jacobson returns to Cooley in Silicon Valley; a Kirkland & Ellis seeks a shave; Greenberg Traurig grows in Israel; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : June 09, 2016
When tech companies go public, they almost always hire a single law firm. But Square's initial public offering suggests that could change.
Tom McParland : Delaware Law Weekly : June 08, 2016
After months of judicial reshuffling, the Delaware Court of Chancery's published output for the first five months of the year has hit a low last seen in 2014, when the court underwent a change in its leadership.
DAVID RUIZ : Corporate Counsel : June 08, 2016
Dropbox Inc. general counsel Ramsey Homsany is leaving his post, the company confirmed Tuesday. He will be replaced by Bart Volkmer, head of litigation and regulatory, starting June 20.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : June 07, 2016
Daniel Glazer is the latest lawyer in the technology startup world to switch firms in New York.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 02, 2016
The Lone Star State firms are working with two other Am Law 100 firms in advising on Great Plains Energy Inc.'s $12.2 billion buy of Westar Energy Inc., the latest sign of consolidation in the utilities sector.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : June 02, 2016
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
: Texas Lawyer : June 01, 2016
Round Rock-based Dell's pending acquisition of computer storage company EMC for an estimated $67 billion tops the list of the 10 biggest Texas deals announced in 2015.
Susan Beck : The American Lawyer : May 31, 2016
Inside the clubby world of the trusts and estates bar, which is making a resurgence at some firms.
Tom McParland : Delaware Law Weekly : May 27, 2016
Of the nation's 100 top-grossing law firms, 21 operate offices in Wilmington, highlighting both the prominence of Delaware's legal market and the influence national firms have been able to exert in the First State.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : May 25, 2016
Richard Dickson explains why Fenwick's brand works in New York—and why it waited so long to make its play.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : May 24, 2016
Silicon Valley firm Fenwick & West, in a growth spurt amid rising revenue from tech transactions, will open a six-partner New York office next month, the firm has announced.
MP McQueen : The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
Our Diversity Scorecard finds that just over 15 percent of U.S. lawyers at big firms are members of a minority group.
: The National Law Journal : May 23, 2016
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : May 20, 2016
The KLA-Tencor GC parachuted in mid-sale and handled it with a "ridiculous" amount of grace.