- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Palo Alto
- Head Count: 620
- Gross Revenues: $575,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $925,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,765,000
- Year Over Year Change: 2
Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati is a Palo Alto-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati has 620 attorneys and is the 61st largest firm in the United States. With $575,000,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 56th on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosatiranked as the 66th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, DE, NY, TX, UT, VA and WA.
In the News
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : November 18, 2014
Two Andrews Kurth partners peel off for Sidley Austin in Houston's hot lateral market; a handful of firms make big hires in London; Blank Rome adds a pair from Bingham McCutchen; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : November 17, 2014
A former technology employee for Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati who was charged with using the firm's client information to acquire stock and options pleaded guilty Thursday to insider trading.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : November 17, 2014
Palo Alto Networks made its first-ever acquisitions in the past year, beefing up its network and endpoint security offerings.
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : November 17, 2014
A small, enthusiastic community of lawyers is providing legal advice—and more—to a new generation of Canadian startups.
Katelyn Polantz : Legal Times : November 14, 2014
Justices speak to conservatives and President Obama plans for immigration policy changes: This is a round-up of legal news from ALM affiliated publications and news outlets around the country. For more legal news, visit law.com.
: New Jersey Law Journal : November 14, 2014
A chart of 114 law firms used most frequently by 30 New Jersey companies.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : November 14, 2014
Dimitry Braverman made more than $300,000 by trading stock based on information he learned about firm clients, prosecutors alleged.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : November 11, 2014
Steven Baik is joining Sidley's Valley office while Shane Brun moves to Goodwin's S.F. office.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : November 09, 2014
Covington & Burling picks up a leading consumer financial services lawyer from Morrison & Foerster, a firm that recently saw a technology transactions partner join the NBA; Gibson Dunn makes a government hire after election season; two more firms raid Bingham; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The Recorder : November 07, 2014
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : November 06, 2014
The company is taking strikes from plaintiffs lawyers, competitors and regulators.
Cheryl Miller : The Recorder : November 05, 2014
A look at the winners and losers around the state.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : November 04, 2014
Firm's lawyers play host to tech entrepreneurs.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : October 31, 2014
Lawyers at Wilson Sonsini say discovery demands aimed at the security company are burdensome and "misguided."
Cheryl Miller : The Recorder : October 31, 2014
Cash spent against Campos, other causes may serve as a warning to would-be regulators.
Andrew Ramonas : Legal Times : October 30, 2014
A federal trial judge in Washington hit the stop button on a suit over the removal of the YouTube video "LuvYa LuvYa LuvYa," sending the case against Google to a California judge to decide.
Nathalie Pierrepont : The Am Law Daily : October 29, 2014
David Tresch, Mayer Brown's former chief information officer who in April 2013 admitted to running an eight-year scheme to defraud the firm, was sentenced to 27 months in prison and also ordered to pay $1.1 million in restitution.
: The Recorder : October 27, 2014
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
: The National Law Journal : October 27, 2014
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : October 24, 2014
When it comes to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, executives in Silicon Valley are on heightened alert.
Jeff Mordock : Delaware Law Weekly : October 22, 2014
Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati has expanded its Delaware presence with the opening of a second office in downtown Wilmington.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : October 21, 2014
Six weeks after joining Fried Frank, former Sidley Austin securities and derivatives enforcement head David Katz returns to the firm; Kirkland & Ellis makes two more high-profile additions; Schulte Roth snags Patterson Belknap's trusts and estates chair; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : October 20, 2014
The firm's growing privacy practice has more than 40 lawyers.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : October 17, 2014
Pure litigation shops, like Clement Roberts' Durie Tangri, need to partner with PTO practitioners for what's become a team sport.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : October 16, 2014
Stephen Kim, who'd been a tech lawyer earlier in his career, makes move after almost a decade with nut packaging company.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : October 16, 2014
A roundup of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : October 16, 2014
Wireless technology company Qualcomm tapped Covington & Burling to advise on its proposed $2.5 billion acquisition of CSR, a British chipmaker known for its Bluetooth technology. At the same time, the firm saw two top litigators handling Deepwater Horizon-related oil spill work for BP depart its Beltway base for Kirkland & Ellis.
: The National Law Journal : October 13, 2014
Nearly three decades after two New York City police officers carried out murders for organized crime, families of "Mafia Cops" victims can proceed with claims against the city. Plus more from NLJ.com and other ALM publications.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : October 13, 2014
The city's once-booming capital markets had prompted a big push into local law, but the slowdown that followed has forced at least one firm—Milbank—to reconsider. Still, others see value in the practice, though for different reasons. Here's why.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : October 13, 2014
For tax reasons, deal was structured as a Reverse Morris Trust—a rarity in tech circles.