- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Palo Alto
- Head Count: 620
- Gross Revenues: $575,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $925,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,765,000
- Year Over Year Change: 2
Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati is a Palo Alto-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati has 620 attorneys and is the 61st largest firm in the United States. With $575,000,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 56th on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosatiranked as the 66th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, DE, NY, TX, UT, VA and WA.
In the News
: The American Lawyer : April 17, 2015
Ringler counseled online real estate service Trulia in its $3.5 billion merger with rival Zillow.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : April 17, 2015
Sallie Kim, a partner with GCA Law Partners, will sit in the San Francisco courthouse.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : April 17, 2015
Arnold & Porter's Lisa Blatt quickly pounced on a ruling by a Philadelphia federal judge that echoed her arguments earlier this week in a closely-watched Second Circuit appeal related to Actavis' Alzheimer's drug Namenda.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : April 16, 2015
The two firms are divvying up the task of advising Google on antitrust claims leveled at the technology giant this week by the European Union.
: The National Law Journal : April 15, 2015
The National Law Journal presents 75 of the most accomplished female attorneys working in the legal profession today.
Matthew Sumida and Kira Kimhi : The Intellectual Property Strategist : April 14, 2015
The Federal Circuit recently clarified the limits of patent exhaustion as it applies to "authorized acquirers" and "complementary goods."
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : April 13, 2015
Not necessarily, lawyers say. Alibaba and other Chinese newcomers to U.S. exchanges are far different from the companies, like now-defunct Sino Forest, that came before. Here's why.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 11, 2015
J. Christopher Groobey spent 25 years in Big Law before heading for the high seas; Fried Frank makes more litigation hires; Latham & Watkins lures three from Sidley Austin; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : April 10, 2015
The advertising software company hires a Silicon Valley vet to guide its legal trajectory.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 09, 2015
Oil and gas tops off this week's list of billion-dollar deals, with Royal Dutch Shell plc's $70 billion acquisition of BG Group plc. Magic Circle and Am Law firms landed roles on the mega deal, with Slaughter and May, Cravath, Swaine & Moore and De Brauw Blackstone Westbroek advising Shell, and Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer working on behalf of BG Group.
Gina Passarella : Delaware Law Weekly : April 08, 2015
A Delaware state senator is looking to codify through a constitutional amendment a long-standing agreement in the state that the Supreme and Chancery courts have at least one member from each of Delaware's three counties.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : April 07, 2015
Private equity, pension funds ink deal to take cloud-computing company private.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 07, 2015
Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr and Morrison & Foerster tap the U.S. Department of Justice for two notable hires; Kramer Levin adds a life sciences practice head; Nixon Peabody nabs a Jones Day band leader and other moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : April 02, 2015
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Sean Doherty : Law Technology News : April 02, 2015
Lex Machina's Legal Analytics software as a service analyzes copyright and trademark cases as well as patent and antitrust cases.
Eva Hibnick : The Recorder : April 01, 2015
Jobs at early-stage companies are highly competitive, so startup founder Eva Hibnick offers ways to make yourself a stand-out candidate.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : March 31, 2015
Andrew Miller expensed personal trips to Bali and South Africa, as well as expensive dinners, spa treatments and a plant-watering service, the agency alleges.
MP McQueen : The American Lawyer : March 30, 2015
Transactions work was up across the board in 2014, with record-setting years in M&A and capital markets activity.
: The American Lawyer : March 30, 2015
Our Dealmakers of the Year package is no rote examination of the 2014's biggest transactions. Instead, we spotlight creative thinking, novel approaches and innovative work. Here we present 20 transactions—some big, some small—where effective lawyering truly made the difference.
: The Recorder : March 30, 2015
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
: The American Lawyer : March 30, 2015
Energy Transfer Partners/Regency Energy; Deals in Brief
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : March 25, 2015
William Kellermann says Hanson's client base of small and midsized companies need more help with document processes.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : March 25, 2015
The SEC pushed out final rules for Regulation A+ offerings, but lawyers say there are easier and better ways for small companies to raise capital.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : March 24, 2015
King & Spalding and Winston & Strawn continue their recent hiring sprees; Latham & Watkins lands one partner and lose two others; a longtime Reed Smith partner departs; Stroock snags a Goldman Sachs alum from Kirkland & Ellis; Wilmer brings back another former federal regulator; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : March 16, 2015
Shanghai-based Summitview Capital is leading a Chinese consortium to buy U.S. chipmaker Integrated Silicon Solutions Inc. and delisted it from the Nasdaq.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : March 13, 2015
In seeing a need for a warrant, Judge Susan Illston has joined a national scrum over citizens' privacy interest in their digital footprints.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : March 12, 2015
Our latest roundup of transactions sees Sullivan & Cromwell, Skadden, Freshfields and Davis Polk take the lead for companies in the analytics, entertainment and pharmaceutical sectors.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : March 12, 2015
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : March 12, 2015
Biopharmaceutical company AbbVie Inc. will buy Pharmacyclics, which specializes in cancer treatment, for $21 billion.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : March 10, 2015
Deal paves way for data-security company that went private in 2012 to go public again.