- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Washington
- Head Count: 304
- Gross Revenues: $403,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,325,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,560,000
- Year Over Year Change: -2
Williams & Connolly is a Washington, D.C.-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2016 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Williams & Connolly has 304 attorneys and is the 139th largest firm in the United States. With $403,000,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 79th on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2015 Global 100 survey, Williams & Connolly ranked as the 96th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in DC.
In the News
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : July 07, 2016
While the spotlight has been on its work for Hillary Clinton, Williams & Connolly has undergone a quiet shift at the top, including the end of Bob Barnett's tenure as executive committee chair this month.
Marcia Coyle : Supreme Court Brief : July 06, 2016
The University of Southern California's Adam Feldman and Alexander Kappner studied 93,000 cert petitions between 2001 and 2015 to try to glean what factors make a petition more or less likely to be granted. A firm's success "with their aggregate cert filings does not guarantee success on a per-case basis," according to the study.
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : July 06, 2016
As thousands of law graduates across the country are preparing for the test this summer, we asked prominent Washington lawyers who made it through to the other side to share their quirky rituals or behaviors that helped them succeed.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : July 06, 2016
Fixed-fee arrangement with Fish & Richardson could be a catch in motion for "exceptional case" fees.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : June 19, 2016
Robbins Geller settles a long-running suit against HSBC for $1.575 billion; Arnold & Porter's piece of history; Where might Solicitor General Donald Verrillii land when he steps down Friday? Plus a Winston & Strawn partner wins acquittal for a dentist charged with murder.
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : June 13, 2016
The firm on Monday became the first of Washington's traditional “Big Four” legal giants to announce that it will hike its base associate salaries to $180,000.
Miriam Rozen : Texas Lawyer : June 13, 2016
Texas Solicitor General Scott Keller might be taking multiple victory laps when he makes a July 6 scheduled speaking appearance at a conservative Washington, D.C. think tank's post-term symposium review of U.S. Supreme Court rulings. If the high court rules in the Lone Star state's favor in two pending cases, Keller will have achieved in his first 18 months as Texas' top appellate lawyer a 4-to-1 record before the justices. The cases he has argued are about controversial legal questions, which have generated plenty of nationwide attention.
: The Recorder : June 10, 2016
Plus, pay bumps for (some) associates.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : June 09, 2016
A pair of Williams & Connolly partners could be called to testify against their client Morris Zukerman, an energy investor and former Morgan Stanley banker accused of tax evasion by federal prosecutors.
Rebekah Mintzer : Corporate Counsel : June 09, 2016
Business groups, in friend-of-court brief, back the media company in D.C. Circuit fight.
MP McQueen and Susan Beck : The Am Law Daily : June 07, 2016
At least four large New York firms have moved quickly to match the new base pay scale for associates set Monday by Cravath, Swaine & Moore. And some consultants say more big firms will follow suit.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : May 26, 2016
The pair knocked out a billion-dollar judgment against Bank of America that had stood out as a bright spot for prosecutors in the wake of the financial crisis.
Zoe Tillman : The National Law Journal : May 24, 2016
Merrick Garland's nomination to the U.S. Supreme Court in March catapulted the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit into the national spotlight. Still, the business of the court pressed on. And many cases on the 2015-2016 docket were newsworthy in their own right. A look at 10 of the most significant cases argued this term that haven't been decided yet.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : May 23, 2016
Darren Robbins is one of the most successful advocates ever for injured shareholders. He spoke with The Litigation Daily about how he and his partners have built Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd, what they look for in laterals and the next big thing in complex litigation.
Zoe Tillman : The National Law Journal : May 04, 2016
A federal judge in Washington issued an order on Wednesday that left open the possibility that Hillary Clinton could be subpoenaed to testify about her use of a private email server as secretary of State.