- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 1,878
- Gross Revenues: $1,503,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $800,000
- Profits Per Partner: $2,005,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
White & Case is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, White & Case has 1878 attorneys and is the 9th largest firm in the United States. With $1,503,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 10th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, White & Case ranked as the 14th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, FL and NY.
In the News
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : February 08, 2016
More law firms are adopting management techniques that their clients embraced long ago. But change has been slowed by partners' resistance, according to a new report.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : February 07, 2016
Greenberg Traurig shuffles its litigation ranks amid plans for global growth; another Kenyon & Kenyon partner departs; Bass Berry and Lewis Brisbois absorb small firms; Holland & Knight hires an ex-governor; and other additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Michael D. Goldhaber : The Am Law Daily : February 04, 2016
The beginning of the end of Argentina's international bondholder battle means that important legal questions raised by the dispute will have to wait for answers.
Noreen Marcus : Daily Business Review : February 02, 2016
Under the backdrop of the U.S. Supreme Court voiding Florida's capital sentencing scheme, the Florida Supreme Court hears a critical case concerning death penalty sentencing.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : February 02, 2016
U.S. District Judge Lucy Koh is expected to be nominated later this month, according to individuals familiar with the administration's vetting process.
: The American Lawyer : February 01, 2016
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : February 01, 2016
With the world's nations pledging to slow global warming, firms look for ways to cut their greenhouse gas emissions.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : February 01, 2016
Even as the Chinese stock market bubble bursts, lawyers report that they're keeping busy with M&A, tech deals, and restructuring work. Don't count out Hong Kong IPOs, either.
Monika Gonzalez Mesa : Daily Business Review : January 28, 2016
Changes to U.S. regulations on exports to Cuba will improve competition, but compliance may keep some banks from offering financing, attorneys say.
Chris Johnson : The Am Law Daily : January 27, 2016
The shakeup of the German legal market shows no signs of abating in 2016, as Latham & Watkins has sought to rebuild its private equity offering in the country by hiring partner and practice head Rainer Traugott in Munich from Magic Circle firm Linklaters.
Samantha Joseph : Daily Business Review : January 27, 2016
Attorneys for would-be condo buyers claim Donald Trump's legal team confused jurors about the real reason behind a failed Fort Lauderdale project.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : January 26, 2016
The megafirm has set its sights on oil and mining-rich Angola through a new local alliance.
The Asian Lawyer : The Asian Lawyer : January 25, 2016
For our third annual Asia Legal Awards, we have selected a short list of 27 categories of deals and matters from the region's leading firms and practitioners. Winners will be announced on Feb. 23 at the Four Seasons Hotel in Hong Kong.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 21, 2016
Unrest in the oil and gas industry and more microchip merger madness have yielded roles for several Am Law 100 firms in The Am Law Daily's look at the latest round of billion-dollar transactions.
Jennifer Henderson : New York Law Journal : January 21, 2016
General Electric Co., which recently announced the move of its corporate headquarters from Connecticut to Boston, struck a deal with leading Chinese home appliance manufacturer Haier Group Corp. for its appliances business.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : January 21, 2016
After the much-awaited rebound in 2014, the mergers and acquisitions market in New Jersey stayed strong in 2015 with numerous strategic moves by corporations, the Law Journal's annual survey found.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : January 20, 2016
On the surface, it may seem more difficult for in-house counsel to perform pro bono legal services than attorneys in family law and criminal defense.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 18, 2016
Holland & Knight and Sidley Austin hire from Katten Muchin Rosenman and Milbank; a Skadden lawyer returns to public service; Allen & Overy hires in New York; King & Spalding takes two from Jones Day; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : January 15, 2016
Sidley Austin and Arnold & Porter have taken the lead for General Electric Co. as the industrial conglomerate continues to reinvent itself through the $5.4 billion sale of its appliance business to China's Haier Group Corp.
Zoe Tillman : The National Law Journal : January 14, 2016
A federal district judge in Washington won't recuse from a regulatory fight between tobacco companies and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. The judge ruled on Wednesday that work his former law firm did for an anti-tobacco group was "too attenuated" from the case to disqualify him.
Julie Kay : Daily Business Review : January 08, 2016
With 240 staffers, Holland & Knight joins a growing list of law firms separating their lawyer and staff offices.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : January 07, 2016
With record-breaking M&A volume pushing past the $5 trillion mark in 2015, it's no surprise that deal-hungry Am Law 100 firms wasted little time scooping up market share to start 2016.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : January 06, 2016
Chicago-based litigation funder Gerchen Keller Capital announced a major expansion Wednesday, boosting both its capital and its executive team.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : January 05, 2016
Former Paul Hastings partner Catherine Tsang moves over.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : January 03, 2016
For litigators, 2016 may be less than happy, according to big-picture forecasts from legal consultants. But at the practice-specific level, lawyers are focused on more tangible shifts and trends.
: New York Law Journal : December 29, 2015
Greenberg Traurig and Reed Smith have added new partners, while Shearman & Sterling, Wilson Sonsini, Dechert and White & Case announce promotions.
Chris Johnson : Focus Europe : December 21, 2015
Foreign law firms keep piling into Europe's hottest legal market. Others are rethinking their strategy there.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : December 21, 2015
Foreign law firms have been in South Korea for three years, but they still can't practice local law. Will they ever be able to? The answer isn't clear.
Rebecca Geiger : Focus Europe : December 21, 2015
In the largest recent M&A deals across Europe, which law firms got the work?
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : December 21, 2015
A legal reform subcommittee urges Hong Kong to pass legislation to permit outside funding in arbitration.