- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 1,878
- Gross Revenues: $1,503,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $800,000
- Profits Per Partner: $2,005,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
White & Case is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, White & Case has 1895 attorneys and is the 9th largest firm in the United States. With $1,440,000,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 10th on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, White & Case ranked as the 14th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, FL and NY.
In the News
: The National Law Journal : May 04, 2015
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Zoe Tillman : The National Law Journal : May 04, 2015
For almost a decade, Sudanese officials largely ignored lawsuits in the United States that accused the country of aiding terrorists who bombed two U.S. embassies in 1998. Billions of dollars in damages were awarded to victims and their families. Sudan last year jumped back in.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : May 03, 2015
A top bankruptcy and restructuring lawyer from Miami and Manhattan heads to horse country.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 02, 2015
Covington & Burling and Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman pick up partners from McKenna Long & Aldridge as the latter prepares to merge with Dentons; Kirkland & Ellis and Mayer Brown make European antitrust hires; a Sidley Austin litigator flies solo; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : April 28, 2015
A year after earning only a temporary extension of its Qualifying Foreign Law Practice license, the New York-based firm has been approved to practice local law for an additional four years.
Michael D. Goldhaber : The American Lawyer : April 27, 2015
A 7 percent rise in profits pushes the firm over the threshold.
: The National Law Journal : April 27, 2015
Laterals and new arrivals in this week's column.
: The American Lawyer : April 27, 2015
The American Lawyer's annual report on the nation's top-grossing law firms.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : April 22, 2015
While going to trial is "always nerve-wracking," sometimes a company has to take a stand, says Facebook's IP chief.
: New York Law Journal : April 22, 2015
Announcements from Reed Smith, White & Case, Debevoise & Plimpton, Nixon Peabody, Winston & Strawn, Sidley Austin and the Eastern District U.S. Attorney's Office.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : April 22, 2015
The bank has filed a complaint against former Dewey & LeBoeuf partner John Altorelli, claiming he misrepresented his assets when he sought to delay repayment of a $500,000 loan he'd taken out in 2012.
Gina Passarella : The Legal Intelligencer : April 21, 2015
Mylan Pharmaceuticals has lost its bid to deem an Australian producer of acne medication in violation of antitrust laws for alleged “product-hopping.”
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 19, 2015
Goodwin Procter launches a London private equity practice; Dentons arrives in Budapest; Fox Rothschild opens in Chicago; Polsinelli puts down stakes in Nashville; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : April 17, 2015
Arnold & Porter's Lisa Blatt quickly pounced on a ruling by a Philadelphia federal judge that echoed her arguments earlier this week in a closely watched Second Circuit appeal related to Actavis' Alzheimer's drug Namenda.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 15, 2015
Having recently announced mergers in the U.S. and China, the ever-expanding global legal giant is now adding a 30-strong team from White & Case in the Hungarian capital. The move is essentially another merger, as Dentons will absorb the entire local affiliate of White & Case, a firm that opened in Budapest in 1990.
Eleazar David Melendez : Daily Business Review : April 15, 2015
A yearlong bureaucratic and political battle over a proposed Lincoln Road development has moved to court, pitting preservationists against a prominent developer with grand plans for the future.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : April 14, 2015
Smith Gambrell & Russell posted a strong 2014 following a solid 2013.
Julie Kay : Daily Business Review : April 14, 2015
K&L Gates partner Elisa D'Amico is named Attorney of the Year by the Daily Business Review, recognizing her work against revenge porn.
: Daily Business Review : April 13, 2015
On Tuesday evening, the Daily Business Review will be using Twitter's new live streaming tool, Periscope, to broadcast - live - our Attorney of the Year presentation from the Coral Gables Country Club.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : April 10, 2015
Arnold & Porter's Lisa Blatt will try to create important new precedent for the pharmaceutical industry—and save Actavtis' plan to extend patent protection for its blockbuster Alzheimer's drug Namenda.
Jennifer Genova (compiled from ThomsonReuters Financial and other sources) : New Jersey Law Journal : April 09, 2015
Atlantic City-based hotel and gaming resort Revel Casino Hotel has been sold for $82 million to Wellington, Fla.-based real estate investor Glenn Straub and his business entity, Polo North Country Club Inc.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : April 09, 2015
Min-tze Lean was most recently a director at the former Stamford Law Corp.
Marcia Coyle : Supreme Court Brief : April 01, 2015
There are briefs by first responders, 303 former and sitting Republican government officials and activists, major churches and a former clerk to Justice Antonin Scalia who argues that "originalism" supports the right to same-sex marriage.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : March 31, 2015
Former Linklaters partner Thomas Ng is relocating from Beijing to join Freshfields three weeks after former Hong Kong partner David Ludwick made his own move to the rival Magic Circle firm.
Barbara Yu Levy : Corporate Counsel : March 31, 2015
Companies that play it smart will be well positioned to leverage recent political developments and China's demand for low-cost renewable energy technologies into safe, lucrative and long-term business opportunities.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : March 31, 2015
Adam Streisand, head of Loeb & Loeb's trusts and estates litigation group, is headed to Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton; Hogan Lovells heads to Australia and hires a DLA Piper practice leader; Baker Botts bulks up in the Middle East; and more notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : March 30, 2015
Former Linklaters counsel Kyungseok Kim is the second PE partner to join White & Case from the Magic Circle firm's Hong Kong office this year.
MP McQueen : The American Lawyer : March 30, 2015
Transactions work was up across the board in 2014, with record-setting years in M&A and capital markets activity.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : March 29, 2015
Kirkland & Ellis loses two and hires one from Skadden; Wilmer expands in Denver; Winston & Strawn hires two more from Pillsbury and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The Asian Lawyer : March 25, 2015
Global banking practice leader Eric Berg has come east to take on the newly created role of Asia practice head.