- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 1,895
- Gross Revenues: $1,440,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $760,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,870,000
- Year Over Year Change: -1
White & Case is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, White & Case has 1895 attorneys and is the 9th largest firm in the United States. With $1,440,000,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 10th on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, White & Case ranked as the 14th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, FL, London, NY and Paris.
In the News
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : October 31, 2014
Praxair Inc. general counsel Jim Breedlove announced his retirement, and the company has named Guillermo Bichara to succeed him.
Louise Tsang and Oz Benamram : Law Technology News : October 30, 2014
Part 1: Four scenarios for law firms that want to establish competitive intelligence teams.
Rebekah Mintzer : Corporate Counsel : October 30, 2014
U.S. companies aren't facing the dangers of employee classification solely on domestic turf or under domestic employment laws.
Louise Tsang and Oz Benamram : Law Technology News : October 30, 2014
Part 2: To build an effective competitive intelligence team involves nuanced, challenging planning.
: New York Law Journal : October 29, 2014
As part of National Pro Bono Celebration Week, the New York State Courts Access to Justice Program, New York State Bar Association and the New York County Lawyers' Association honored attorneys from NYCLA's pro bono programs on Thursday.
Aric Press : The American Lawyer : October 29, 2014
Amid generally flat revenue but rising partner profits, four fundamental changes are roiling the legal marketplace. Is your firm prepared?
Mark Hamblett : New York Law Journal : October 29, 2014
The family of the late Robert Fuller, whom the Castro regime arrested and executed by firing squad in 1960, cannot access electronic funds frozen in banks under U.S. government sanctions against Cuba to satisfy a default judgment, the Second Circuit has ruled.
Review staff : Daily Business Review : October 28, 2014
The South Florida lawyers will be honored at an event Dec. 5 at the JW Marriott Miami at 1109 Brickell Ave. in Miami.
Sheri Qualters : The National Law Journal : October 27, 2014
Morrison's Levitt took on opponents in ResCap's monumental bankruptcy and orchestrated a tidy win.
: The National Law Journal : October 27, 2014
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Brian Baxter and Wenxiong Zhang : The Am Law Daily : October 24, 2014
Eight months after leaving Kirkland & Ellis for McDermott Will & Emery, private equity partner Leonard Klingbaum is on the move again; Greenberg Traurig hires a former California Senate leader; Weil, Gotshal & Manges adds a high-yield partner in London; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Julie Triedman : The Litigation Daily : October 23, 2014
In a decision with major implications for New York and its resident global financial institutions, the state's highest court ruled Thursday that banks with New York branches needn't turn over customers' overseas assets to claimants attempting to enforce U.S. court judgments.
: New York Law Journal : October 22, 2014
Kramer Levin, White & Case, Borah Goldstein and Bracewell & Giuliani have each added attorneys, while White & Case has promoted four attorneys to partner.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : October 21, 2014
Chen Yih Pong was formerly a capital markets partner at WongPartnership.
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : October 20, 2014
The downsizing trend for office space continues but is starting to slow as many firms already have given up space per lawyer to save money, according to the latest survey by commercial real estate services company Jones Lang LaSalle.
Noreen Marcus : Daily Business Review : October 20, 2014
Miami-Dade Circuit Judge Jorge Cueto's finding that workers' comp fails to provide "a reasonable alternative remedy to the tort remedy it supplanted" would upend a system that dates to the Great Depression.
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : October 19, 2014
As sanctions have dried up cross-border deal flow in Russia, U.S. firms are feeling the pinch.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : October 18, 2014
Another Edwards Wildman Palmer partner departs ahead of the firm's proposed merger later this year with Locke Lord; a Bingham partner heads to the FCC; Fried Frank and Kirkland & Ellis add a pair of new partners; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
: New Jersey Law Journal : October 17, 2014
The highlights the state's up-and-coming attorneys in the Associates Class of 2014.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : October 16, 2014
*Simpson Thacher, Sullivan & Cromwell lead two Tokyo IPOs worth $2.6 billion*Morgan Lewis guides Kazakhstan through its first dollar bond issue in 14 years*Skadden acts on the first listing by a Malaysian company in the U.S.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : October 15, 2014
Regulatory partner Ben Hammond joins from Slaughter and May's London office.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : October 15, 2014
White & Case advised the underwriters on the Central Asian country's first dollar notes issuance in fourteen years.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : October 14, 2014
Manatt, Phelps & Phillips adds a three-partner West Coast IP team from struggling Dickstein Shapiro; Boies Schiller loses a litigator to Barclays, but grabs Al Franken's former general counsel; Davis Polk and Willkie Farr bring back partners from public service; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : October 13, 2014
Nandakumar Ponniya joins the Chicago-based firm after five years with White & Case.
Mary Alice Robbins : Texas Lawyer : October 13, 2014
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : October 10, 2014
One of the few whistleblower practices at an Am Law 100 firm is heading out on its own; fast-growing Parker Ibrahim & Berg raids Edwards Wildman Palmer to branch out in Boston; Ballard Spahr's mortgage banking head goes in-house; and more notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
: New Jersey Law Journal : October 08, 2014
Chart tracking In-House Counsel at Large Public Companies.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : October 07, 2014
Bingham McCutchen has one partner left in London following the departure of a restructuring specialist for King & Spalding, which lost the founder of its London office to General Electric. Meanwhile, Schiff Hardin heads to Dallas, along with other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The National Law Journal : October 06, 2014
Lateral moves at Bryan Cave, Dentons, Manatt Phelps and Venable in this week's column.
Nathalie Pierrepont : The Am Law Daily : October 06, 2014
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius has doubled down in Kazakhstan with an office in the country's new capital Astana. Meanwhile, Baker & McKenzie's Saudi affiliate, Legal Advisors, Abdulaziz I. Al-Ajlan & Partners, announced its opening of an office in Jeddah.