- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 1,895
- Gross Revenues: $1,440,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $760,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,870,000
- Year Over Year Change: -1
White & Case is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, White & Case has 1895 attorneys and is the 9th largest firm in the United States. With $1,440,000,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 10th on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, White & Case ranked as the 14th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, FL and NY.
In the News
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : January 28, 2015
Chadbourne & Parke will open the South African outpost on Feb. 2, to be headed by Lido Fontana, a former project finance partner from one of the country's top corporate firms.
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : January 27, 2015
A stumbling block for some has been the up-front costs; it can take four years to see a return on investment.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : January 26, 2015
Peggy Wang is expected to join the U.S. firm's corporate practice in April.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 25, 2015
Two firms shuffling their COOs saw partners depart in January; DLA Piper and Kirkland & Ellis make some high-profile labor and employment hires; Quinn Emanuel grows in Houston; Wilmer raids MoFo for a new cybersecurity chair; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : January 22, 2015
While law firm leaders and legal observers marvel at the scope and scale of the tie-up between Dentons and China's Dacheng to create the world's largest firm, several also wonder how the two sides will pull off such a massive undertaking, and whether it will ultimately be successful.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : January 21, 2015
Robson Lee is moving over after 20 years at local outfit Shook Lin & Bok.
Mary Hladky : Daily Business Review : January 20, 2015
Carlos Viana and his White & Case team represented the state-owned operator of Santiago, Chile's subway system in obtaining $1.3 billion in financing.
Jenna Greene : The National Law Journal : January 19, 2015
As criticism mounts that its in-house forum is unfair, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission won every administrative case last year, according to an analysis by The National Law Journal.
: New Jersey Law Journal : January 15, 2015
The leading M&As of 2014, where the target or acquirer was based in NJ.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : January 15, 2015
A roundup of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : January 15, 2015
It proved to be a strong rebound year in 2014 for mergers and acquisitions in the U.S., and dealmaking involving New Jersey corporations was no exception. It's a long-awaited development M&A lawyers chalked up largely to a return of confidence to the marketplace.
: New York Law Journal : January 14, 2015
Promotions and new additions at Sidley Austin, White & Case, Baker & McKenzie, Mishcon de Reya, O'Melveny & Myers, Alston & Bird and Reed Smith.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 14, 2015
From Akin's John Dowd to Vinson & Elkins' Joe Dilg, the start of 2015 has led some lions of the bar to retire. Some, like Dilg, are leaving Am Law 100 life early to try their hand on the business side, while others, such as Baker Botts' Robert Jordan and McGuireWoods' Richard Lieberman, are preparing for book tours.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : January 12, 2015
Cooley announced Monday that the firm would open an office in London with 55 lawyers—20 of them partners—from Edwards Wildman Palmer and Morrison & Foerster. The move marks Cooley's second international office opening.
: The National Law Journal : January 12, 2015
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 10, 2015
Davis Wright Tremaine and Dentons absorb two small shops; Cadwalader adds a seven-strong team from Latham & Watkins; a former senator signs on at DLA Piper; McDermott's European antitrust head goes in-house; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Jennifer Genova (compiled from ThomsonReuters Financial and other sources) : New Jersey Law Journal : January 08, 2015
Wellington, Fla.-based country club Polo North Country Club, the legal entity of businessman Glenn Straub, announced on Jan. 5 that it has purchased Atlantic City, N.J., hotel and casino Revel at auction for about $95 million.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : January 06, 2015
Hinshaw & Culbertson, the go-to firm for law firms facing ethics and professional malpractice concerns, announced Monday that Janis Meyer, Dewey & LeBoeuf's longtime general counsel, joined the firm as a partner on Jan. 1.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 06, 2015
An array of high-profile litigators from Irell & Manella and Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi are starting their own firms as January's annual “running of the laterals” begins. Also, Hinshaw & Culbertson hires Dewey & LeBoeuf's former general counsel; a Bingham McCutchen partner and ex-Cadwalader leader find new homes; Blank Rome opens in Pittsburgh; Greenberg Traurig goes to Tokyo; Quinn Emanuel heads to Seattle; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Adolfo Pesquera : Daily Business Review : January 06, 2015
Norberto Quintana of Holland & Knight helped a Colombian bank obtain a $400 million loan facility from JPMorgan, Wells Fargo and two Japanese banking entities.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : January 05, 2015
The U.S. firm has opened its third Asian office in Tokyo by recruiting partners from DLA Piper and White & Case.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : January 05, 2015
Jamie Thomas joins the Los-Angeles firm's finance team as a partner from White & Case.
Joel Stashenko : New York Law Journal : January 05, 2015
A government agency's attempt to reduce the shelter allowance of a disabled woman has prompted the state Court of Appeals to take up what advocates for low-income New Yorkers say is an important access-to-justice issue for individuals before state government.
Chris Johnson : Focus Europe : January 01, 2015
Former Ashurst senior partner Charlie Geffen dishes about his move to Gibson Dunn
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : January 01, 2015
Our annual survey names the biggest law firms in the Asia-Pacific region. This time, we found more law firms embracing ambitious expansion plans.
Rebecca Geiger : Focus Europe : January 01, 2015
Billion-dollar transactions in France, the United Kingdom, Germany, Spain, Italy, and the Nordic countries.
Rebecca Geiger : The Asian Lawyer : January 01, 2015
Asia's Biggest-Ticket Recent Transactions
Julie Kay : Daily Business Review : December 30, 2014
Carlos Viana led White & Case lawyers from Miami, Mexico City, London and New York City in negotiating and drafting three ship-or-pay agreements as well as financing documents with four different banks.
Michael Goldhaber : The Litigation Daily : December 24, 2014
The courts are at an impasse with Argentine bonds. But capital markets have moved on.
Adolfo Pesquera : Daily Business Review : December 23, 2014
The Alvarez Arrieta & Diaz-Silveira firm negotiated the $168 million acquisition of a natural gas processing plant for a consortium of Trinidad and Tobago government agencies.