- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 1,895
- Gross Revenues: $1,440,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $760,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,870,000
- Year Over Year Change: -1
White & Case is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, White & Case has 1895 attorneys and is the 9th largest firm in the United States. With $1,440,000,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 10th on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, White & Case ranked as the 14th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, FL and NY.
In the News
Susan Postlewaite : Global Lawyer News : November 21, 2014
Mexican corporate lawyers are in high demand as international law firms recruit attorneys and open offices to handle the expected work that will come from Mexico's opening of key economic sectors to foreign investment.
: The National Law Journal : November 17, 2014
The Roxanne Wars of the mid-'80s get reignited in a Long Island library, and mourning legal tech too soon gone in this week's column.
: The National Law Journal : November 17, 2014
Laterals and new arrivals in this week's column.
: New Jersey Law Journal : November 14, 2014
A chart of 114 law firms used most frequently by 30 New Jersey companies.
Mark Gerlach : New Jersey Law Journal : November 13, 2014
Legal tech professionals reminisce about long-gone technologies.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : November 12, 2014
*Five firms on near billion-dollar offer by CITIC, KKR for Singapore's United Envirotech*Jones Day, Milbank lead Philippines retailer SSI Group on its recent IPO*Clifford Chance acts for Australia's AMP as it buys a stake in China Life Pension
Adolfo Pesquera : Daily Business Review : November 11, 2014
Gov. Rick Scott made two appointments Monday to the Miami-Dade Circuit Court.
Mark Gerlach : Law Technology News : November 11, 2014
12 on 12: Legal tech professionals reminisce about long-gone technologies.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : November 11, 2014
Latham & Watkins makes a major bid to become a Hollywood heavyweight by luring six high-profile media and entertainment partners from O'Melveny & Myers; Proskauer Rose loses three while Duane Morris adds two; Sidley Austin and Wilson Elser partners go in-house and more notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The National Law Journal : November 10, 2014
New arrivals and lateral moves in this week's column.
: New York Law Journal : November 04, 2014
Eight firms announce new additions, while Nancy Hoppock has been named first deputy director of the Mayor's Office of Criminal Justice.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : November 04, 2014
One of the world's largest firms expands in the Garden State and Casablanca; Katten Muchin Rosenman adds a former Dealmaker of the Year; Norton Rose Fulbright gets into cybersecurity; Willkie Farr & Gallagher goes to Houston and more notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Julie Kay : Daily Business Review : November 03, 2014
Holland & Knight partners Daniel Fridman and Michael Garcia have jumped ship to White & Case, where they will work out of the firm's Miami office on white-collar matters.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : November 01, 2014
A Steptoe & Johnson crisis manager joins a spin shop, while a former special counsel quietly departs; Kirkland adds another Skadden partner; King & Spalding brings on Bobby Jindal's brother; Baker & Hostetler bags three across the country; a Bingham IP star departs; and more notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : October 31, 2014
Praxair Inc. general counsel Jim Breedlove announced his retirement, and the company has named Guillermo Bichara to succeed him.
Louise Tsang and Oz Benamram : Law Technology News : October 30, 2014
Part 1: Four scenarios for law firms that want to establish competitive intelligence teams.
Rebekah Mintzer : Corporate Counsel : October 30, 2014
U.S. companies aren't facing the dangers of employee classification solely on domestic turf or under domestic employment laws.
Louise Tsang and Oz Benamram : Law Technology News : October 30, 2014
Part 2: To build an effective competitive intelligence team involves nuanced, challenging planning.
: New York Law Journal : October 29, 2014
As part of National Pro Bono Celebration Week, the New York State Courts Access to Justice Program, New York State Bar Association and the New York County Lawyers' Association honored attorneys from NYCLA's pro bono programs on Thursday.
Aric Press : The American Lawyer : October 29, 2014
Amid generally flat revenue but rising partner profits, four fundamental changes are roiling the legal marketplace. Is your firm prepared?
Mark Hamblett : New York Law Journal : October 29, 2014
The family of the late Robert Fuller, whom the Castro regime arrested and executed by firing squad in 1960, cannot access electronic funds frozen in banks under U.S. government sanctions against Cuba to satisfy a default judgment, the Second Circuit has ruled.
Review staff : Daily Business Review : October 28, 2014
The South Florida lawyers will be honored at an event Dec. 5 at the JW Marriott Miami at 1109 Brickell Ave. in Miami.
Sheri Qualters : The National Law Journal : October 27, 2014
Morrison's Levitt took on opponents in ResCap's monumental bankruptcy and orchestrated a tidy win.
: The National Law Journal : October 27, 2014
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Brian Baxter and Wenxiong Zhang : The Am Law Daily : October 24, 2014
Eight months after leaving Kirkland & Ellis for McDermott Will & Emery, private equity partner Leonard Klingbaum is on the move again; Greenberg Traurig hires a former California Senate leader; Weil, Gotshal & Manges adds a high-yield partner in London; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Julie Triedman : The Litigation Daily : October 23, 2014
In a decision with major implications for New York and its resident global financial institutions, the state's highest court ruled Thursday that banks with New York branches needn't turn over customers' overseas assets to claimants attempting to enforce U.S. court judgments.
: New York Law Journal : October 22, 2014
Kramer Levin, White & Case, Borah Goldstein and Bracewell & Giuliani have each added attorneys, while White & Case has promoted four attorneys to partner.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : October 21, 2014
Chen Yih Pong was formerly a capital markets partner at WongPartnership.
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : October 20, 2014
The downsizing trend for office space continues but is starting to slow as many firms already have given up space per lawyer to save money, according to the latest survey by commercial real estate services company Jones Lang LaSalle.
Noreen Marcus : Daily Business Review : October 20, 2014
Miami-Dade Circuit Judge Jorge Cueto's finding that workers' comp fails to provide "a reasonable alternative remedy to the tort remedy it supplanted" would upend a system that dates to the Great Depression.