- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 1,914
- Gross Revenues: $1,523,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $795,000
- Profits Per Partner: $2,020,000
- Year Over Year Change: -2
White & Case is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2016 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, White & Case has 1914 attorneys and is the 7th largest firm in the United States. With $1,523,500,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 12th on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, White & Case ranked as the 14th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, FL and NY.
In the News
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 27, 2016
While Friday's Brexit vote has likely cast a potential shadow over cross-border M&A activity, a number of timely billion-dollar tie-ups were announced amid the U.K.'s decision to leave the European Union.
Jennifer Henderson : Daily Business Review : June 24, 2016
When it comes to matching Cravath, Swaine & Moore's base salary bump for associates — which will see first-years earn $180,000 and eighth-years rake in $315,000 — firms with big Florida bases are a mixed bag, with the definition of "top of market" becoming increasingly nuanced.
Chris Johnson : The Am Law Daily : June 21, 2016
The Big Four accounting firms are continuing to invest heavily in their legal services arms, expanding their presence in the Americas even as their footprint grows in the United Kingdom.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : June 21, 2016
The Shenzhen-based technology company is leading a consortium to buy an 84.3 percent stake in game developer Supercell from Japan's SoftBank and the game maker's employees. The deal, Tencent's largest-ever acquisition, values Supercell at $10.2 billion.
: The American Lawyer : June 21, 2016
How do the country's largest law firms stack up when it comes to hiring minorities?
Carla Vianna : Daily Business Review : June 15, 2016
The 55-story tower and 15-story garage being offered by JPMorgan Chase is expected to trade for north of $645 million.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : June 15, 2016
As S&C dips its toes into debtor's side Chapter 11 work for Arctic tanker company Primorsk, a creditor says that the firm might have squandered $2 million in hourly billings.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 13, 2016
Former eBay general counsel Michael Jacobson returns to Cooley in Silicon Valley; a Kirkland & Ellis seeks a shave; Greenberg Traurig grows in Israel; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 09, 2016
The $1.65 billion sale of New York's 1285 Sixth Avenue saw more than 50 partners from Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison—a key tenant in the office tower—invest roughly $10 million in the transaction.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : June 08, 2016
LDR Holding Corp., of Austin and Troyes, France, is using Andrews Kurth for its pending $1 billion acquisition by Zimmer Biomet, an Indiana company that turned to White & Case.
Rose Walker and Frances Ivens : Legal Week : June 01, 2016
The firm has struck a partnership with Jakarta-based Dewi Negara Fachri & Partners, seven months after previous arrangement with Hermawan Juniarto ended.
: Texas Lawyer : June 01, 2016
Round Rock-based Dell's pending acquisition of computer storage company EMC for an estimated $67 billion tops the list of the 10 biggest Texas deals announced in 2015.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 01, 2016
Fox Rothschild snags three from Kenyon & Kenyon; Hogan Lovells goes on a hiring spree; Latham lands an arbitration head; Sheppard Mullin raids Steptoe; Wilmer welcomes a top federal prosecutor; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : May 31, 2016
A month after a settlement smoothed the way for Argentina's return to the global capital markets, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton and Davis Polk & Wardwell led the way on a $280.5 million initial public offering by a Buenos Aires-based bank.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : May 30, 2016
Fujian Grand Chip Investment Fund is buying Germany's Aixtron as Chinese investors continue shopping spree in Europe's technology sector.
: The National Law Journal : May 30, 2016
Hogan Lovells, Latham & Watkins and White & Case were among the group of firms that paid $1.75 million into Hillary and Bill Clinton coffers. Plus more in this week's column.
Monika Gonzalez Mesa : Daily Business Review : May 26, 2016
U.S. contractors face different legal challenges in Latin America, but there are strategies that can help.
Chris Johnson : The Am Law Daily : May 25, 2016
Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan is expanding its European presence with the launch of a new office in Switzerland under partner Thomas Werlen. Zurich-based FIFA, soccer's global governing body, is a major client of the firm.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : May 24, 2016
According to a new database based on financial disclosures by Bill and Hillary Clinton, a handful of large law firms have paid nearly $2 million to the political power couple to make speeches. One talk came at a global partners' meeting for an Am Law 100 firm.
: The Am Law Daily : May 23, 2016
For the third time in row, White & Case leads the pack in The American Lawyer's annual Diversity Scorecard
MP McQueen : The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
Our Diversity Scorecard finds that just over 15 percent of U.S. lawyers at big firms are members of a minority group.
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
The firm adopts a bold growth plan in London. What if it works?
: The National Law Journal : May 23, 2016
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 18, 2016
A half-dozen big firms shuffled practice leaders within the past week; Skadden snags a high-profile arbitration expert in Hong Kong; the founding partner of Weil's Rhode Island office departs; and other notable laterals from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The National Law Journal : May 16, 2016
Laterals and new arrivals in this week's column.
Frances Ivens : The Am Law Daily : May 15, 2016
Research into recent recruitment trends by international firms in London has found that they brought in over 20 percent more partners in 2015 than the year before, with total partner numbers climbing by 6 percent across the group year-on-year.
Clare Foley, Opus 2 Magnum : Legaltech News : May 12, 2016
In the final installment of this series, we examine the U.S.' approach to courtroom technologies and compare it to those abroad.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : May 12, 2016
The federal magistrate judge will join Facebook next month as vice president and deputy general counsel of litigation.
: Daily Business Review : May 09, 2016
As part of Chile's push for renewable energy, a White & Case team helped secure financing of the nation's largest wind farm with a dedicated transmission line. Commercial lenders and an export credit agency backed the San Juan wind power project with a $306 million credit facility. The project includes construction of an 86-kilometer transmission line that will connect to Chile's electrical grid.