- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 1,878
- Gross Revenues: $1,503,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $800,000
- Profits Per Partner: $2,005,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
White & Case is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, White & Case has 1878 attorneys and is the 9th largest firm in the United States. With $1,503,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 10th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, White & Case ranked as the 14th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, FL and NY.
In the News
: The Associated Press : July 30, 2015
A federal judge refused on Wednesday to throw out a spy case against a Russian banker, rejecting arguments that the U.S. government was overreaching by prosecuting a defendant who was openly working as an agent of a foreign government.
Jasmine Grays : New York Law Journal : July 30, 2015
Anthem Inc. is buying rival Cigna Corp. for $48 billion in a deal that would create the nation's largest health insurer by enrollment, covering about 53 million U.S. patients. Also, Lockheed Martin will acquire Blackhawk helicopter maker Sikorsky Aircraft for $9 billion as it seeks greater access to the military and commercial helicopter market.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 30, 2015
A bevy of transactions in the pharmaceutical industry and industrial sector in Europe helped make the past week a big one for M&A, with more than a dozen billion-dollar deals being announced.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 29, 2015
K&L Gates, which has watched more than 90 partners depart this year, saw another handful leave within the past week; Morrison & Foerster picks up an Asian litigation leader; O'Melveny & Myers adds one in London; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : July 28, 2015
Former Linklaters lawyer Jonathan Bowden joins the U.S. firm's mergers and acquisitions practice.
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
Is Dubai hotter than Abu Dhabi? Herbert Smith Freehills, Latham and Baker Botts think so.
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : July 24, 2015
A roundup of Washington, D.C. lateral moves and promotions.
: New York Law Journal : July 23, 2015
Carolina Fornos and Caroline Harcourt have rejoined Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman; Hugh Verrier, a project finance attorney, has been re-elected chairman of White & Case for a third consecutive term; and more.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 23, 2015
Anthem's $48 billion takeover bid for Cigna and AT&T's successful $48 billion acquisition of DirecTV provided work for dozens of lawyers at Am Law 100 firms.
Michael D. Goldhaber : The Am Law Daily : July 23, 2015
The contest attracted 225 strong entries across 30 categories, and honors firms and legal departments involved in the globe's most distinguished deals, disputes and social initiatives.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 22, 2015
Squire Patton Boggs sees more partners depart; two more lawyers peel away from O'Melveny & Myers; another IP litigator leaves Kenyon & Kenyon; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : July 21, 2015
Huge potential damages make these suits a tempting new target for plaintiffs lawyers. But they shouldn't expect easy victories.
Celia Ampel : Daily Business Review : July 20, 2015
A group of 522 attorneys is asking the Florida Supreme Court to reconsider its 4-3 ruling denying a petition allowing the Florida Bar board of governors to increase annual dues by up to $100.
Noreen Marcus : Daily Business Review : July 20, 2015
The Florida Supreme Court gave the Legislature 100 days to redraw eight districts and realign the boundaries of about 14 more, get voters to vet the new map and submit it to the court, which will oversee the process.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : July 16, 2015
The firm has decided to consolidate its European arbitration practice and relocate its two Geneva partners by Sept. 30, 2015.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 16, 2015
Several Global 100 firms picked up work this week on a pair of acquisitions by companies backed by billionaire Martin Franklin.
Tony Mauro : Supreme Court Brief : July 15, 2015
Two former U.S. Supreme Court law clerks who went to big law firms have jumped ship and landed where few have gone before—a New York litigation boutique.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 14, 2015
High-powered plaintiffs shop Hausfeld hires two antitrust litigators from Greenberg Traurig to open in the Big Apple; Greenberg Traurig opens its first office in Germany; Pillsbury picks up two; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 13, 2015
Andrew Weiler, a corporate partner at White & Case in London, has joined O'Melveny & Myers to lead the firm's European M&A and corporate finance.
Noreen Marcus : Daily Business Review : July 09, 2015
The Florida Supreme Court says thanks, but no thanks to attorneys suggesting higher Florida Bar dues to fund legal aid.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 08, 2015
The Beltway base of Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld absorbs two veteran litigators; Hogan Lovells hires three Baker Botts litigators in Texas; McDermott and Pillsbury poach new partners; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Julie Triedman : Global Lawyer News : July 06, 2015
As Iceland nears a final milestone in its economic recovery from the 2008 financial meltdown, the island nation has a team of foreign law firms and domestic lawyers to thank for resolving its bank insolvency crisis.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : July 03, 2015
Former White & Case lawyer Joel Greer specializes in international arbitration.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : July 02, 2015
Two years after Colin Stretch took over as GC, his department continues to send most legal work to three firms.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : July 01, 2015
A handful of international firms have obtained a Qualifying Foreign Law Practice license, which allows them to hire Singapore-qualified lawyers and practice some local law. Others say it's not worth the trouble.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : July 01, 2015
A few firms set up shop in India during a previous liberalization campaign. Then a lawsuit brought by an Indian lawyers' group shut them down.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : July 01, 2015
Global law firms are keeping a cautious eye on India as the government moves closer to lifting the protectionist regulations that have barred foreign firms from the country.
Rebecca Geiger : Global Lawyer News : July 01, 2015
In the largest recent M&A deals across Europe, which law firms got the work?
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 01, 2015
A leading structured finance team leaves Ashurst for Paul Hastings; a Quinn Emanuel associate development director moves on; Dentons closes on a combination; DLA Piper bolts on a boutique Down Under; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.