- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 1,072
- Gross Revenues: $1,151,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,075,000
- Profits Per Partner: $2,405,000
- Year Over Year Change: -1
Weil, Gotshal & Manges is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Weil, Gotshal & Manges has 1072 attorneys and is the 20th largest firm in the United States. With $1,151,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 20th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Weil, Gotshal & Manges ranked as the 24th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, DE, FL, KY, MA, NJ, NY, RI and TX.
In the News
: New York Law Journal : July 06, 2015
In this Special Report from the New York Law Journal: "New York's Unitary Combined Reporting Rules: Guidance Is Needed," "Leveling the Playing Field for Community Developers," "FATCA in a Nutshell for Foreign Trusts, Trustees and Beneficiaries" and "Obtaining a Higher Tax Basis: Acquisition Strategy or Trap?"
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 05, 2015
Latham & Watkins corporate partner Graeme Sloan in London joined Morrison & Foerster as co-chair of its M&A group; Covington & Burling brings back a high-profile former U.S. attorney general; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 03, 2015
M&A league tables for the first half of 2015 compiled by Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters show Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom leading the pack among legal advisers, while several other Am Law 100 firms prepare to fete the Fourth of July with some insurance-related transactional work.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : July 02, 2015
Charles Ching is relocating from Hong Kong to join the U.S. firm's China practice.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : July 01, 2015
Global law firms are keeping a cautious eye on India as the government moves closer to lifting the protectionist regulations that have barred foreign firms from the country.
Rebecca Geiger : Global Lawyer News : July 01, 2015
In the largest recent M&A deals across Europe, which law firms got the work?
: Corporate Counsel : July 01, 2015
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : June 29, 2015
: The National Law Journal : June 29, 2015
Laterals, new arrivals and promotions in this week's column.
Tony Mauro and Marcia Coyle : New York Law Journal : June 29, 2015
Same-sex couples have a constitutionally protected right to marry, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled Friday in a history-making victory for the gay civil rights movement.
Susan Beck : The American Lawyer : June 29, 2015
At best, the nation's biggest and wealthiest firms donate 0.1 percent of revenue to legal aid, an institution in crisis. Isn't it time for more of them to pledge serious money?
Scott Flaherty : The American Lawyer : June 29, 2015
Ruling in litigation over the 2008 bailout of American International Group, a judge cites formerly privileged emails from Davis Polk & Wardwell lawyers to bolster his criticism of the federal government's actions.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 28, 2015
Kirkland snags a top London tax partner but loses three others; McKenna Long & Aldridge sees more lateral movement ahead of its deal with Dentons; Shearman & Sterling opens in Saudi Arabia; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 25, 2015
The Am Law 100 firm took the lead this week for clients such as The Williams Companies, Cigna and Delhaize on a trio of potential deals totaling some $124 billion in value.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 25, 2015
From Fitbit to Fogo de Chão, capital markets lawyers at Am Law 100 firms are reaping the benefits from a fresh round of initial public offerings, as June shapes up to be potentially the best month by volume for U.S. listings since 1999.
Amanda Bronstad : The National Law Journal : June 23, 2015
More than 40 class actions have been filed over last month's highly publicized fight between Floyd Mayweather and Emmanuel “Manny” Pacquiao, alleging that the boxers, their promoters and the cable networks airing the match misled viewers about the “Fight of the Century.”
Zoe Ferguson : The Litigation Daily : June 22, 2015
In a turn of events, Sirius XM Radio and its lawyers at O'Melveny & Myers convinced a Florida judge that the founders of the 60s rock group the Turtles can't stop the radio company from playing their music.
: Texas Lawyer : June 19, 2015
Gemma Descoteaux, a Dallas shareholder in Polsinelli's corporate and transactional practice, has been appointed by the Dallas-Fort Worth chapter of Association for Corporate Growth to be its Women in ACG DFW chairwoman.
Sheri Qualters : The National Law Journal : June 18, 2015
Despite the ho-hum results for law firm growth on this year's NLJ 350, Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison attained standout status.
Gina Passarella : Delaware Business Court Insider : June 17, 2015
The Delaware Court of Chancery has whittled down the claims against Dow Chemical Co. in a suit over a failed joint development agreement with Akzo Nobel Coatings.
: The National Law Journal : June 15, 2015
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 15, 2015
As the wait for a permanent successor to Benjamin Lawsky continues, it will fall to his deputy, former Weil partner Anthony Albanese, to keep the banks on their toes as acting head of New York's Department of Financial Services.
David Bario : The Am Law Daily : June 15, 2015
Long after the Colt .45 tamed the American West, Samuel Colt's namesake company is waving the white flag in a showdown with its creditors.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : June 11, 2015
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : June 10, 2015
David Gibbons returns to firm life after about four years operating as a solo practitioner in Singapore and New York.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : June 09, 2015
Prosecutors in the criminal trial of three former Dewey & LeBoeuf executives for the first time Tuesday presented evidence that sought to show that defendants lied to their bankers about how the now-defunct firm spent the money it received from lenders. Meanwhile, a former entertainment partner at the firm lost a court fight in London.
Karen Sloan : The National Law Journal : June 08, 2015
The number of junior lawyers fell by 27 on the entire NLJ 350, dropping 0.04 percent.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : June 05, 2015
While Michael Hausfeld presses for massive class action fees in California, a similar case over the use of college players' likenesses has fizzled in Tennessee.
Gina Passarella : The Legal Intelligencer : June 05, 2015
Richard Silfen has left his role as general counsel at the embattled American Realty Capital Properties to rejoin his former firm, Duane Morris.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : June 05, 2015
In arguments pitting lawyers from Weil Gotshal and Irell & Manella, the panel wrestled with nitty-gritty questions of appealability and jurisdiction.