- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 1,072
- Gross Revenues: $1,151,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,075,000
- Profits Per Partner: $2,405,000
- Year Over Year Change: -1
Weil, Gotshal & Manges is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Weil, Gotshal & Manges has 1072 attorneys and is the 20th largest firm in the United States. With $1,151,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 20th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Weil, Gotshal & Manges ranked as the 26th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, DE, FL, KY, MA, NJ, NY, RI and TX.
In the News
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : February 04, 2016
Simpson Thacher, Davis Polk Clifford Chance and two leading Swiss firms take the lead on the largest outbound M&A deal ever by a Chinese company; and a look at the other big firms behind the latest slate of billion-dollar transactions.
: The American Lawyer : February 01, 2016
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : February 01, 2016
With the world's nations pledging to slow global warming, firms look for ways to cut their greenhouse gas emissions.
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : February 01, 2016
Jones Day remains a stable second and DLA Piper and Morgan Lewis are moving up, according to a survey of general counsel by Acritas Research.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : January 29, 2016
A team of Weil Gotshal & Manges litigators rebuffed a bid for class certification in a product liability suit, handing client Nortek Global HVAC a win on Thursday in Miami federal court.
Zoe Tillman : The National Law Journal : January 29, 2016
Holocaust survivors can pursue claims against the state-owned railroad in Hungary for its role in stealing property of Jews who were sent by train to concentration camps, a federal appeals court in Washington ruled Friday.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : January 28, 2016
Wachtell, Simpson Thacher, Shearman & Sterling and Cleary Gottlieb are advising on a $20 billion corporate tax inversion deal between Johnson Controls and Tyco International; and a look at the other big firms behind the latest round of billion-dollar deals.
Chris Johnson : The Am Law Daily : January 27, 2016
The shakeup of the German legal market shows no signs of abating in 2016, as Latham & Watkins has sought to rebuild its private equity offering in the country by hiring partner and practice head Rainer Traugott in Munich from Magic Circle firm Linklaters.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : January 22, 2016
Benjamin Au, the boutique firm's second lateral partner hire, is a Keker & Van Nest alum and joins from Caldwell Leslie & Proctor.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 21, 2016
Unrest in the oil and gas industry and more microchip merger madness have yielded roles for several Am Law 100 firms in The Am Law Daily's look at the latest round of billion-dollar transactions.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : January 21, 2016
After the much-awaited rebound in 2014, the mergers and acquisitions market in New Jersey stayed strong in 2015 with numerous strategic moves by corporations, the Law Journal's annual survey found.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : January 19, 2016
After the Supreme Court's decision last week to rule on fundamental questions about the proceedings, lawyers like Finnegan's Erika Arner say "the sooner, the better."
Tony Mauro : The National Law Journal : January 18, 2016
Solitary confinement has become a hot topic for debate nationwide, especially after U.S. Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy spotlighted it as exacting "a terrible price" from inmates, physically and mentally, in a June 2015 opinion.
: The National Law Journal : January 18, 2016
“Faster, higher, stronger,” may be the Olympic creed, but it could also serve as the battle cry of the law firms on our 2016 Pro Bono Hotlist.
: The National Law Journal : January 18, 2016
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 10, 2016
An L.A. boutique adds four from Dickstein Shapiro; Barclays bags a Jenner & Block partner; Latham & Watkins lands a chief judge; Locke Lord hires from Volkswagen; Louis Freeh leaves Pepper Hamilton; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : January 08, 2016
A team from Weil, Gotshal & Manges won dismissal of a securities fraud class action against French drug giant Sanofi, which was accused of using an illegal kickback scheme to pump up sales of its diabetes drugs.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : January 07, 2016
With record-breaking M&A volume pushing past the $5 trillion mark in 2015, it's no surprise that deal-hungry Am Law 100 firms wasted little time scooping up market share to start 2016.
Miriam Rozen : Texas Lawyer : January 06, 2016
A Beaumont federal court hearing scheduled on Jan. 14 motions to dismiss claims in a sprawling complaint filed by two African American plaintiffs. Their complaint alleges more than 30 defendants, motivated by racial animus, engaged in a civil conspiracy and that well-known plaintiff lawyer Wayne Reaud acted as "one of the ringleaders."
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 06, 2016
Falling oil and gas prices continue to bedevil Am Law 200 firms. When Magnum Hunter Resources filed for bankruptcy last month, the company owed millions in fees to several firms, including Andrews Kurth, Bracewell & Giuliani and Norton Rose Fulbright.
Julie Kay : Daily Business Review : January 05, 2016
The Miami managing partner for Weil, Gotshal & Manges is remembered as a selfless, even-keeled "lawyer's lawyer."
: New York Law Journal : December 30, 2015
Robins Kaplan, Orrick Herrington, Pryor Cashman and Axinn, Veltrop & Harkrider have added attorneys, while other firms announce promotions.
: The National Law Journal : December 28, 2015
Laterals, new arrivals, and promotions in this week's column.
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : December 21, 2015
The Wall Street powerhouse becomes the first law firm to chalk up more than $1 trillion in deals in one year.
Rebecca Geiger : Focus Europe : December 21, 2015
In the largest recent M&A deals across Europe, which law firms got the work?
: The American Lawyer : December 21, 2015
Am Law Daily Staff : The American Lawyer : December 21, 2015
Celebrity clients and high-profile cases come with the territory when you're one of the nation's top litigation teams. Here are headline-grabbing suits from among 108 contest submissions for our Litigation Department of the Year awards.
Chris Johnson : Focus Europe : December 21, 2015
Law firms have to be resourceful to thrive in one of Europe's toughest markets. Here's how they do it.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : December 18, 2015
It took Big Law resources, marshaled by Weil's Anne Cappella, to reform solitary confinement practices at California prisons.
Jennifer Henderson and Andrew Denney : New York Law Journal : December 17, 2015
Dow Chemical and DuPont are merging to form a company valued at about $130 billion as they try to counter falling commodities prices and weakness in some key markets that have pressured their giant agriculture and chemicals businesses.