- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 1,072
- Gross Revenues: $1,151,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,075,000
- Profits Per Partner: $2,405,000
- Year Over Year Change: -1
Weil, Gotshal & Manges is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Weil, Gotshal & Manges has 1072 attorneys and is the 20th largest firm in the United States. With $1,151,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 20th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Weil, Gotshal & Manges ranked as the 26th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, DE, FL, KY, MA, NJ, NY, RI and TX.
In the News
Jenna Greene : The National Law Journal : November 23, 2015
It's hard to imagine a world more removed from Weil, Gotshal & Manges' Fifth Avenue offices in Manhattan than a dusty rodeo ring.
Nell Gluckman : New York Law Journal : November 23, 2015
John Zuccotti, a prominent figure in the New York City real estate community for decades who was senior counsel at Weil, Gotshal & Manges, died on Friday.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : November 23, 2015
If 2015 is the year of the deal, Pfizer's $160 billion merger with Allergan looks like it'll be the deal of the year for a small army of M&A lawyers.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : November 22, 2015
For the first time in a decade, Morgan Stanley tried a case to verdict in front of a real, live jury. What happened? Also, results from Alix's litigation survey; SEC head Mary Jo White gets personal; and a letter to the editor.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : November 22, 2015
Mayer Brown adds a cybersecurity expert in Washington, D.C., while watching its Brazilian affiliate ramp up in São Paulo; Baker Botts makes some anniversary additions; a lobbying shakeup at Wilson Elser; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : November 20, 2015
Zuccotti, whose name graces the lower Manhattan park that played host to protesters during the Occupy Wall Street movement, helped to revitalize lower Manhattan after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.
: Texas Lawyer : November 20, 2015
Allison Carroll has joined Cantey Hanger in Fort Worth as an associate.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : November 18, 2015
Partner Anne Cappella and a Weil Gotshal team will fight claims that Apple's new Wi-Fi assist feature led to unexpected charges.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : November 17, 2015
Former Proskauer Rose associate Jason Nelms has joined the San Francisco-based firm's funds group.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : November 16, 2015
In a win for lawyers at Durie Tangri, the Federal Circuit gave Ariosa Diagnostics another chance at invalidating a rival's patent.
: The National Law Journal : November 16, 2015
New arrivals and lateral moves in this week's column.
: Texas Lawyer : November 13, 2015
Buena Vista Lyonshas rejoined FordHarrison as a partner in Dallas. She focuses on defending management in discrimination and other employment-related actions.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : November 11, 2015
The newly formed Elite Rodeo Association and three Texas rodeo athletes filed an antitrust complaint against the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : November 09, 2015
It's hard to imagine a world more removed from Weil, Gotshal & Manges' Fifth Avenue offices in Manhattan than a dusty rodeo ring. But Weil partners James Quinn and Eric Hochstadt are leading the charge on behalf of championship rodeo riders, filing an antitrust class action on their behalf in Dallas federal court on Monday.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : November 05, 2015
The offshore firm has nabbed a partner from rival Ogier to open in Shanghai.
Andrew Denney : New York Law Journal : November 05, 2015
Walgreens is buying rival Rite Aid for about $9.41 billion in cash, creating a drugstore giant with nearly 18,000 stores around the world. Also, KeyCorp will expand deeper into the Northeast with a $4.1 billion deal to buy First Niagara Financial Group and create the 13th largest commercial bank in the United States.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : November 04, 2015
The National Hockey League's 2015-2016 season is underway, and Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom has checked some of its competitors vying for the league's legal work over the board; plus other notable bills from big law.
Tom McParland : Delaware Law Weekly : November 04, 2015
Tamika Montgomery-Reeves was unanimously confirmed by the Delaware Senate last week to serve as the next vice chancellor on the Court of Chancery.
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : November 02, 2015
Firms involved in detainee representation.
: New York Law Journal : November 02, 2015
In this Special Report from the New York Law Journal: "The Next Big Thing: 'Internet of Things' Litigation and Regulatory Risk," "'Lexmark' Redefines the False Advertising Landscape," "U.S. Supreme Court to Address Class Action Standing in Upcoming Term" and "Determining the 'Fair Value' of Shares of Closely Held Corporations."
: The American Lawyer : November 02, 2015
: Texas Lawyer : November 02, 2015
Scott Flaherty and Gina Passarella : The American Lawyer : November 02, 2015
United States v. General Motors; Federal Trade Commission v. Steris; In re Processed Egg Products Antitrust Litigation; EM v. Banco Central De La Republica Argentina; Gomez v. Tyson Foods; Acosta v. Tyson Foods
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : October 30, 2015
Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz represents CB&I in $299 million deal.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : October 29, 2015
A tie-up of big pharmacy chains came with a healthy price tag, as the proposed $17.2 billion union between the Walgreens Boots Alliance and Rite Aid yielded roles for a handful of Am Law 100 firms.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : October 29, 2015
Caren Stacy hopes a little competition may help firms find ways to attract and retain women lawyers.
Tom McParland : Delaware Business Court Insider : October 28, 2015
Tamika Montgomery-Reeves was unanimously confirmed by the Delaware Senate on Wednesday to serve as the next vice chancellor on the Court of Chancery.
Gina Passarella : The Legal Intelligencer : October 26, 2015
Dechert has grown its Washington, D.C., office with the addition of the chairman of Baker Botts' white-collar crime and corporate investigations group, continuing a years-long trend for Dechert of hiring practice area leaders away from other Am Law 100 firms.
: Texas Lawyer : October 23, 2015
Christopher M. Schultz has become executive vice president and general counsel of Dallas-based Level 2 Legal Solutions, an e-discovery and legal services outsourcing firm.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : October 22, 2015
Despite continued consolidation in the chipmaking sector, it was a real estate deal with a history steeped in the global financial crisis that was a reunion of sorts for several Am Law 100 firms.