- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 1,072
- Gross Revenues: $1,151,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,075,000
- Profits Per Partner: $2,405,000
- Year Over Year Change: -1
Weil, Gotshal & Manges is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Weil, Gotshal & Manges has 1072 attorneys and is the 20th largest firm in the United States. With $1,151,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 20th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Weil, Gotshal & Manges ranked as the 24th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, DE, FL, KY, MA, NJ, NY, RI and TX.
In the News
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : August 27, 2015
Tony Wang, who had been with Weil's Shanghai office, joins OMM's Newport Beach branch.
Amaris Elliott-Engel : Delaware Business Court Insider : August 26, 2015
The Delaware Court of Chancery has scuttled a stockholder class action challenging an energy infrastructure company's reorganization of its publicly traded master limited partnership and limited liability companies in order to stave off financial collapse.
: The National Law Journal : August 24, 2015
Lateral moves, new arrivals and distinctions in this week's column.
: The American Lawyer : August 24, 2015
David Ruiz : The Recorder : August 20, 2015
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Jennifer Henderson and Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : August 20, 2015
Sprout Pharmaceuticals didn't have to wait long for a big-name buyer to spring big bucks for the nascent drug developer. Sullivan & Cromwell took the lead for the company, founded in 2011, on its $1 billion sale this week to longtime Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom client Valeant Pharmaceuticals International.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 19, 2015
Two top data privacy and security partners leave McDermott Will & Emery for Ropes & Gray; Latham & Watkins hires again from Clifford Chance in Germany; and more notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Amanda Bronstad : The National Law Journal : August 18, 2015
Emmanuel "Manny" Pacquiao and Home Box Office Inc. won the first round in the litigation over his highly publicized match against Floyd Mayweather after a federal panel sent more than 40 consumer class actions to a judge in Los Angeles.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : August 17, 2015
Erick Robinson most recently worked as Qualcomm's director of intellectual property in India.
: New York Law Journal : August 10, 2015
Among other moves, Steptoe & Johnson has added Wendell Willkie II as of counsel, joining the firm from MeadWestvaco, where he was senior vice president, general counsel and secretary.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 09, 2015
Eight lawyers are leaving DLA Piper's outpost in Sacramento for King & Spalding; Weil, Gotshal & Manges loses two structured finance partners; more partnership changes at K&L Gates; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Heather D. Nevitt : Texas Lawyer : August 07, 2015
What makes the 20 lawyers on this list so extraordinary? In a word: impact. The Texas Lawyer editorial department began the four-month selection process by asking readers to nominate licensed minority Texas attorneys who have had an impact in the state within the past five years.
Jasmine Grays : New York Law Journal : August 06, 2015
Israel's Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. is purchasing Dublin-based Allergan PLC's generic pharmaceuticals business for $40.5 billion, in what Israeli analysts called the largest-ever acquisition by an Israeli company.
Gina Passarella : The Legal Intelligencer : August 06, 2015
Dechert has expanded its international arbitration capabilities to the United States with the hire of two Weil, Gotshal & Manges partners in Washington, D.C.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : August 06, 2015
When Coca-Cola bottlers combine to create the largest independent bottler for the mega beverage brand, they need a fountain of law firms to seal the deal. Plus, the pharma M&A frenzy continues in our latest roundup of billion-dollar deals.
Andrew Denney : New York Law Journal : August 05, 2015
Charles Goldstein, who worked for decades as a prominent real estate attorney before discovering his passion for recovering art that the Nazis had looted from German Holocaust victims, has died. He was 78.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 04, 2015
Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy brings on a Jones Day M&A duo in New York, as the firm watched two others head for the door; Morrison & Foerster adds a pair from Crowell & Moring; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : August 03, 2015
The parent of Hainan Airlines is buying the world's largest ground and cargo handling company, Swissport International Ltd.
: Corporate Counsel : August 01, 2015
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : July 31, 2015
Sonal Mehta is the latest to leave a legendary litigation practice that at its peak counted 120 lawyers nationwide.
The Recorder Staff : The Recorder : July 31, 2015
This year's list of 60 women includes 10 "power players" who are using their positions and achievements to advocate for women.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 31, 2015
The managing partner of Sullivan & Cromwell's M&A group stepped in for Kirkland & Ellis on Teva Pharmaceutical Industries' hostile bid for Mylan and subsequently picked up work on the Israeli drugmaker's $40.5 billion buy of Allergan's generics business.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 30, 2015
A bevy of transactions in the pharmaceutical industry and industrial sector in Europe helped make the past week a big one for M&A, with more than a dozen billion-dollar deals being announced.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : July 30, 2015
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Jim Schroeder : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
Paul Hastings keeps its top spot in The American Lawyer's latest survey of the best of the best in Big Law.
Ben Bedell : New York Law Journal : July 27, 2015
Judge Colleen McMahon denied Morgan Stanley's motion for summary judgment on the grounds that "there is plenty of evidence—most of it out of the mouths of Morgan Stanley's own personnel—from which a jury could conclude" that Morgan Stanley traded on insider information for the benefit of its own account.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 27, 2015
Baker & McKenzie opens a back-office outpost in Northern Ireland while making a high-profile addition in London; a bevy of moves at Buchanan Ingersoll; Stroock raids Squire Patton Boggs; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Kim Kleman, editor-in-chief : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
The overall scores in our yearly A-List survey keep rising. But even among A-Listers, there's room to improve.
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 27, 2015
Following the completion Friday of AT&T's $48.5 billion acquisition of DirecTV, The Am Law Daily caught up with AT&T's go-to antitrust lawyers.