- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 1,063
- Gross Revenues: $1,164,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,095,000
- Profits Per Partner: $2,520,000
- Year Over Year Change: 1
Weil, Gotshal & Manges is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Weil, Gotshal & Manges has 1072 attorneys and is the 20th largest firm in the United States. With $1,164,000,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 19th on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Weil, Gotshal & Manges ranked as the 26th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, DE, FL, KY, MA, NJ, NY, RI and TX.
In the News
Amanda Bronstad : The National Law Journal : May 25, 2016
Class actions alleging defects in some of the nation's top brands of residential air conditioner units have gotten a cold reception from federal judges who have denied class certification in at least five cases in the past nine months.
: New York Law Journal : May 24, 2016
Seven firms have added new partners, and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer has appointed a new chief legal officer.
Nell Gluckman : The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
Law firms wake up to the reality that they are vulnerable to cybersecurity threats.
: The National Law Journal : May 23, 2016
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 23, 2016
Steptoe & Johnson's Korea practice co-head finds a new home; a Bryan Cave practice leader joins the Kentucky Derby; a longtime Paul Weiss litigator becomes a regulator; Perkins Coie hires from Microsoft; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Susan Beck : The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
Inside the clubby world of the trusts and estates bar, which is making a resurgence at some firms.
: The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
David Ruiz : The Recorder : May 20, 2016
The head of M&A for Intel was "unflappable" during six months of negotiations in the blockbuster Altera deal.
Rebecca Cohen : The Recorder : May 20, 2016
These 10 M&A lawyers are the trusted voices of the region's tech companies.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : May 18, 2016
Butler Snow, based in Jackson, Mississippi, hires three laterals to launch two offices in Texas.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 18, 2016
A half-dozen big firms shuffled practice leaders within the past week; Skadden snags a high-profile arbitration expert in Hong Kong; the founding partner of Weil's Rhode Island office departs; and other notable laterals from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The Recorder : May 18, 2016
Latham & Watkins has taken the top honor, followed by finalists Skadden and Wilson Sonsini.
C. Ryan Barber : The National Law Journal : May 17, 2016
In her defense of Staples Inc.'s proposed $6.3 billion acqusition of Office Depot Inc., Diane Sullivan described Amazon.com Inc. as a rising behemoth poised to revolutionize the market for office supply sales to large corporate customers. But U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan didn't buy the trial attorney's bullish view, according to the opinion released Tuesday that lays out his reasons for blocking the deal.
Miriam Rozen : Texas Lawyer : May 17, 2016
Texas deal lawyers are working fast and furiously on oil and gas industry mergers and acquisitions. But the total value of such deals in that industry nationwide dropped in the first quarter of this year, compared with the same time in the prior year.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 17, 2016
The restructuring practices at the two top Am Law 100 firms are advising on two more Chapter 11 cases filed Monday by Breitburn Energy Partners LP and SandRidge Energy Inc.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : May 13, 2016
U.S.-qualified Frank Sun moves over in Hong Kong.
Rick Kopstein, Photographer : New York Law Journal : May 12, 2016
Weil, Gotshal & Manges partner Marcia Goldstein was recognized for her pro bono service to Her Justice at the organization's annual photography auction & benefit Tuesday at the Grand Hyatt Hotel.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : May 12, 2016
The federal magistrate judge will join Facebook next month as vice president and deputy general counsel of litigation.
Tom McParland : Delaware Business Court Insider : May 11, 2016
In affirming the Chancery Court's unusual two-part dismissal of a shareholder challenge to the 2014 merger of Zale Corp. and Signet Jewelers, the Delaware Supreme Court last week sounded notes of caution, distancing itself from some of the lower court's findings.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : May 11, 2016
David Ruschke, Medtronic's chief patent counsel, will be the second permanent chief judge of the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
: New York Law Journal : May 11, 2016
Debevoise & Plimpton had promoted five attorneys to partner, and Mayer Brown and Kirkland & Ellis have added new partners.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : May 11, 2016
Besides leading to big breakup fees, lawyers say foiled mergers involving giants like Staples and Halliburton may be deterring other megadeals from being proposed.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 11, 2016
A quartet of cybersecurity pros plies their wares at new firms; Blank Rome hires a former U.S. senator; Cooley adds a high-powered private equity team; Orrick adds again in Paris; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Ricci Dipshan : Legaltech News : May 10, 2016
Scott Graham : The Recorder : May 10, 2016
General counsel Lee Cheng says the district has adopted a rigid rule that forecloses fee awards in most patent cases.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : May 09, 2016
The firm announced the addition of seasoned transactional lawyers in New York, Silicon Valley and London, including former Cadwalader private equity chief Ronald Hopkinson.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 09, 2016
A nonprofit published a database of offshore entities culled from leaked documents at Panama's Mossack Fonseca. But while the names of dozens of law firms emerged in the disclosures, internal emails and other source materials remained out of public view.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 06, 2016
Kirkland & Ellis may have cornered the market on debtor-side cases for troubled energy clients, but Weil, Gotshal & Manges snagged roles this week on three other recent Chapter 11 cases of note for Aéropostale, CHC Group and Fairway.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : May 05, 2016
The first week of May was kind to several Am Law 100 firms, as a handful of health care, real estate and technology deals provided a boon to corporate transactional coffers.
Brad Blickstein, Blickstein Group : Legaltech News : May 05, 2016
Law firm breaches are a wake-up call for department operations professionals.