- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 261
- Gross Revenues: $831,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $3,185,000
- Profits Per Partner: $6,600,000
- Year Over Year Change: 7
Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2016 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz has 261 attorneys and is the 165th largest firm in the United States. With $831,500,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 37th on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katzranked as the 52nd highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in NY.
In the News
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 07, 2016
Those controversial deal tables are out again, with White & Case, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett, Sullivan & Cromwell and Davis Polk & Wardwell all jockeying for position as the quarterly so-called King of M&A.
Rebecca Geiger : Focus Europe : July 01, 2016
The law firms with roles in the largest recent M&A deals across Europe.
: The American Lawyer : July 01, 2016
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 30, 2016
A look at the Am Law 100 firms behind Lions Gate's bid to buy Starz; Apollo's latest acquisition effort; and a pair of big health care transactions.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : June 29, 2016
Many of June's most notable lateral hires involved litigators exiting the Justice Department and the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York. Other significant moves featured lawyers who specialize in being adverse to the government. Thanks, Uncle Sam.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : June 09, 2016
When tech companies go public, they almost always hire a single law firm. But Square's initial public offering suggests that could change.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 09, 2016
The $1.65 billion sale of New York's 1285 Sixth Avenue saw more than 50 partners from Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison—a key tenant in the office tower—invest roughly $10 million in the transaction.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : June 08, 2016
Less than a week after Baker Botts saw a former energy industry restructuring client retain a rival for its second bankruptcy filing in six months, the firm picked up a lead Chapter 11 role for Seventy Seven Energy Inc. on its bankruptcy case.
: New York Law Journal : June 07, 2016
Carrie Reilly played key roles in Wachtell's representation of Bank of America against a wide range of claims arising out of the 2008 financial crisis, and in the bank's $8.5 billion settlement of claims relating to 530 mortgage-backed securitization trusts which received final court approval this year; the bank's comprehensive multibillion-dollar settlement with the Department of Justice, federal agencies, and state attorneys general; and litigation and settlements with monoline insurers.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 02, 2016
The Lone Star State firms are working with two other Am Law 100 firms in advising on Great Plains Energy Inc.'s $12.2 billion buy of Westar Energy Inc., the latest sign of consolidation in the utilities sector.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : June 02, 2016
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
: Texas Lawyer : June 01, 2016
Round Rock-based Dell's pending acquisition of computer storage company EMC for an estimated $67 billion tops the list of the 10 biggest Texas deals announced in 2015.
David A. Katz and Laura A. McIntosh : New York Law Journal : May 26, 2016
In their Corporate Governance column, David A. Katz and Laura A. McIntosh write: Lawmakers are taking significant steps toward much-needed regulation of proxy advisory firms. With a bipartisan bill introduced this week, Congress outlined a comprehensive oversight framework for increasing the transparency and accountability of proxy advisory firms.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : May 26, 2016
Just in time for Memorial Day, four Am Law 100 firms sought to stoke and celebrate their transactional expertise by advising on an $8.4 billion combination of two leading real estate investment trusts.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 25, 2016
Silicon Valley stalwart Fenwick & West is poised to set up shop in the Big Apple; Boies Schiller brings on two more litigators; Ropes & Gray grabs another private equity pro in London; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
Average profits per partner for Second Hundred firms inched up 0.1 percent in 2015, to $737,470.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : May 23, 2016
Eight months after Monsanto Co. abandoned its $45 billion saga to acquire Switzerland's Syngenta AG, the agribusiness giant is the recipient of a $62 billion takeover bid by Germany's Bayer AG.
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
Overall, the firms in the bottom half of the Am Law 200 had a rougher year than their richer counterparts.
: The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
David Ruiz : The Recorder : May 20, 2016
It launched IPOs of Square, GoDaddy and NantKwest, the biggest biotech to date, all during a slow year.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : May 19, 2016
A half-dozen big firms are advising on two key transactions in the embattled energy space, as a pair of oil field services companies and natural gas producers agree to combine.
Rebekah Mintzer : Corporate Counsel : May 17, 2016
The company's historic split was just another task for these lawyers.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : May 11, 2016
After $1.2 billion in settlements and a decade of litigation that swept in antitrust lawyers from more than 50 firms (seriously, did anyone NOT work on this case?), the massive air cargo price fixing litigation is coming in for a landing.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : May 05, 2016
The first week of May was kind to several Am Law 100 firms, as a handful of health care, real estate and technology deals provided a boon to corporate transactional coffers.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : April 28, 2016
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 28, 2016
Abbott Labs seeks to buy St. Jude Medical for $25 billion; Sanofi makes a $9.3 billion bid for Medivation; AbbVie offers $5.8 billion for Stemcentrx; and a look at the big firms behind those proposed megadeals.
Georgina Stanley : Legal Week : April 27, 2016
Despite one of their most challenging years since the early 1990s, the leading U.S. law firms continue to dwarf their U.K. counterparts in revenues and profits.
Susan Beck : The Am Law Daily : April 26, 2016
Carl Icahn isn't ready to walk away from his malpractice battle with Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz.
ALM Intelligence : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz registered the highest combined year-over-year growth rates for revenue per lawyer and profits per partner, while several firms experienced slowdowns on both counts.
: The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
Our Value Per Lawyer metric demonstrates how much, on average, each of a firm's lawyers contributes to total partner compensation. Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz has topped the ranking since VPL was introduced in 2005.