- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 261
- Gross Revenues: $831,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $3,185,000
- Profits Per Partner: $6,600,000
- Year Over Year Change: 7
Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz has 267 attorneys and is the 167th largest firm in the United States. With $702,500,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 44th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katzranked as the 52nd highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in NY.
In the News
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : May 05, 2016
The first week of May was kind to several Am Law 100 firms, as a handful of health care, real estate and technology deals provided a boon to corporate transactional coffers.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : April 28, 2016
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 28, 2016
Abbott Labs seeks to buy St. Jude Medical for $25 billion; Sanofi makes a $9.3 billion bid for Medivation; AbbVie offers $5.8 billion for Stemcentrx; and a look at the big firms behind those proposed megadeals.
Georgina Stanley : Legal Week : April 27, 2016
Despite one of their most challenging years since the early 1990s, the leading U.S. law firms continue to dwarf their U.K. counterparts in revenues and profits.
Susan Beck : The Am Law Daily : April 26, 2016
Carl Icahn isn't ready to walk away from his malpractice battle with Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz.
ALM Intelligence : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz registered the highest combined year-over-year growth rates for revenue per lawyer and profits per partner, while several firms experienced slowdowns on both counts.
: The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
Our Value Per Lawyer metric demonstrates how much, on average, each of a firm's lawyers contributes to total partner compensation. Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz has topped the ranking since VPL was introduced in 2005.
: The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
Revenue Per Lawyer, the metric that we've long regarded as the most reliable measure of a firm's financial health, increased by 2.6 percent at Am Law 100 firms in 2015.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : April 25, 2016
The Am Law 100 comes out today, and it will be eagerly scrutinized by thousands of readers who want to know who made the most money. But it's not the be-all, end-all of being a lawyer. Just ask Ronald Safer, a name partner at Riley Safer Holmes & Cancila, who got a man wrongly convicted of murder set free last week.
Kim Kleman : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
From the editor: Key metrics are up at Am Law 100 firms, but growth has slowed.
: The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz becomes the first firm to crack the $6 million profits-per-partner mark, with average PPP of $6.6 million. For The Am Law 100 as a whole, average profits per partner rose by 4.0 percent in 2015, falling short of 2014's increase of 5.3 percent.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 25, 2016
Kirkland & Ellis goes back a long way with the beleaguered Tribune Publishing Co., which is now eyeing an $815 million offer from Gannett Co.
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
The Am Law 100 eked out gains across major financial metrics in 2015. But growth was the slowest in years.
: The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
The American Lawyer's annual report on the nation's 100 top-grossing law firms. Full financial results, in-depth analysis, firm profiles, and more.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : April 22, 2016
The list is out! And California firms outpaced their peers in a year of glacial growth.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 21, 2016
Wachtell, Skadden, Cleary Gottlieb and King & Wood Mallesons are advising on a $3.6 billion acquisition of U.S. printer maker Lexmark International Inc. by a Chinese-led consortium.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : April 20, 2016
Chinese printer chip maker Apex Technology is buying the Lexington, Kentucky-based company.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : April 19, 2016
Ahead of the publication next week of the annual Am Law 100 list, The Am Law Daily looked back at what has changed since The American Lawyer first published its rankings in 1985. The biggest difference between that year and 2016 is the size of the firms.
Richard Acello : The National Law Journal : April 18, 2016
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 14, 2016
A week after snagging a top spot in quarterly league transactional tables, White & Case has been tapped for some big oil work in Mother Russia.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 06, 2016
A pair of PE partners leave Weil; a rare hire by Wachtell; big firms raid Cadwalader and Reed Smith; Jenner & Block, Jones Day and Schiff Hardin rotate practice leaders; Goodwin Procter goes to Paris; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : April 06, 2016
The demise of a controversial tax inversion deal with Allergan may have frustrated Pfizer, but it doesn't leave the U.S. drug giant that much poorer.
: New York Law Journal : April 06, 2016
The New York Law Journal congratulates the 42 young lawyers chosen as 2016 Rising Stars by a panel of 24 esteemed judges.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : April 05, 2016
Marshall Miller, a top U.S. Department of Justice official before stepping down last year, joined Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz as of counsel on Monday. The hiring is not common for Wachtell, which infrequently hires lateral counsel.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : April 05, 2016
The silver lining? There are still nine months to go.
: New York Law Journal : April 04, 2016
Res Judicata Noted in Dismissal of Energy Company's Malpractice Suit Against Law Firm
: The National Law Journal : April 04, 2016
A summary of the week's notable cases.
Nell Gluckman and Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : April 01, 2016
While it's no secret that law firms are often targeted by cyber criminals seeking sensitive client information, it's rare for breaches to become public. But not this week.
Nell Gluckman and Christine Simmons : The Am Law Daily : March 30, 2016
Law firms usually manage to keep the public in the dark when it comes to data breaches and hacking attacks. But not this week.