- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 267
- Gross Revenues: $702,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $2,630,000
- Profits Per Partner: $5,500,000
- Year Over Year Change: 10
Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz has 267 attorneys and is the 167th largest firm in the United States. With $702,500,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 44th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katzranked as the 63rd highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in NY.
In the News
Jasmine Grays : New York Law Journal : July 30, 2015
Anthem Inc. is buying rival Cigna Corp. for $48 billion in a deal that would create the nation's largest health insurer by enrollment, covering about 53 million U.S. patients. Also, Lockheed Martin will acquire Blackhawk helicopter maker Sikorsky Aircraft for $9 billion as it seeks greater access to the military and commercial helicopter market.
MP McQueen : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
More than 40 percent of Am Law 200 partners are in their 50s and 60s.
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 23, 2015
Anthem's $48 billion takeover bid for Cigna and AT&T's successful $48 billion acquisition of DirecTV provided work for dozens of lawyers at Am Law 100 firms.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : July 23, 2015
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
David A. Katz and Laura A. McIntosh : New York Law Journal : July 23, 2015
David A. Katz and Laura A. McIntosh discuss the 2015 proxy season (the "Season of Shareholder Engagement") and write: With an awareness of the general trends of the recent proxy season, and by taking specific actions as appropriate, boards can prepare and adapt effectively to position themselves as well as possible to achieve their strategic objectives.
Michael D. Goldhaber : The Am Law Daily : July 23, 2015
The contest attracted 225 strong entries across 30 categories, and honors firms and legal departments involved in the globe's most distinguished deals, disputes and social initiatives.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 17, 2015
The two Am Law 100 firms and a pair of Canadian shops have picked up work on a pickup site deal that will see Barry Diller-backed The Match Group buy PlentyofFish Media for $575 million in cash.
Tony Mauro : Supreme Court Brief : July 15, 2015
Two former U.S. Supreme Court law clerks who went to big law firms have jumped ship and landed where few have gone before—a New York litigation boutique.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 15, 2015
Steptoe & Johnson has snagged two new hires for its New York office, including a veteran in-house lawyer and grandson of a former Republican presidential candidate.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : July 14, 2015
But company will still have to face an amended complaint, U.S. District Judge Beth Labson Freeman ruled.
Zach Warren : Legaltech News : July 13, 2015
E-discovery experts discussed “continuous active learning” as the key to advancing technologically-assisted review (TAR) capabilities at Legaltech West Coast.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 03, 2015
M&A league tables for the first half of 2015 compiled by Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters show Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom leading the pack among legal advisers, while several other Am Law 100 firms prepare to fete the Fourth of July with some insurance-related transactional work.
Rebecca Geiger : Global Lawyer News : July 01, 2015
In the largest recent M&A deals across Europe, which law firms got the work?
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : June 29, 2015
Susan Beck : The American Lawyer : June 29, 2015
At best, the nation's biggest and wealthiest firms donate 0.1 percent of revenue to legal aid, an institution in crisis. Isn't it time for more of them to pledge serious money?
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 26, 2015
Hall advised Delhaize Group in its merger with Koninklijke Ahold NV, which will create a combined company valued at $29 billion.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : June 25, 2015
U.S. District Judge Beth Labson Freeman seemed disinclined to rule that the court lacks jurisdiction.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 25, 2015
The Am Law 100 firm took the lead this week for clients such as The Williams Companies, Cigna and Delhaize on a trio of potential deals totaling some $124 billion in value.
Angela Neville : Texas Lawyer : June 24, 2015
Recently The Williams Group publicly rejected the $53.1 billion acquisition offer made by Dallas-based Energy Transfer Equity.
Julie Triedman : New York Law Journal : June 22, 2015
One of the country's best-known and most experienced commercial litigators, Barry Ostrager, has joined New York's state judiciary and is hearing cases in his area of specialty, commercial law.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : June 18, 2015
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 18, 2015
Nearly a dozen billion-dollar deals were announced over the past week, ranging from homebuilders and retail buys to the privatization of a U.S.-listed Chinese technology company. At the same time, Am Law 100 firms had to look no further than the active pharmaceutical arena to add a few notable M&A engagements to their transactional ledger.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 11, 2015
The firm is advising Tokio Marine in its $7.5 billion insurance company buy and has unexpectedly picked up work on Teva's $40 billion bid for Mylan.
David Bario : The Am Law Daily : June 10, 2015
A judge found that Kirkland & Ellis ignored ethical obligations to snag a role as deal counsel to Teva Pharmaceutical in its $40 billion hostile bid for Mylan. But Kirkland's loss is Sullivan & Cromwell's gain, as Teva announced that S&C will step in to advise the company in the takeover fight.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : June 09, 2015
If approved by U.S. District Judge Charles Breyer, the proposed settlement would be one of the largest of its kind in Northern District history.
Julie Triedman : The Litigation Daily : June 06, 2015
Simpson Thacher & Bartlett partner Barry Ostrager, freshly retired from the firm at 67, reported to his new chambers at 60 Centre Street in Manhattan this week as New York's newest acting Supreme Court justice.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : June 04, 2015
The following deals, involving at least one Texas-based company, were announced in 2014. Sources include Texas Lawyer, The Am Law Daily, Thomson Reuters and corporate press releases.
Hank Grezlak and Gina Passarella : The Connecticut Law Tribune : June 01, 2015
The standard law firm model that has been in effect for the better part of the last 20 years is becoming less viable and the way law firms are run is undergoing a subtle, yet significant change, driven largely by information.
: Corporate Counsel : June 01, 2015