- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 267
- Gross Revenues: $702,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $2,630,000
- Profits Per Partner: $5,500,000
- Year Over Year Change: 10
Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz has 267 attorneys and is the 167th largest firm in the United States. With $702,500,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 44th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katzranked as the 63rd highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in NY.
In the News
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 03, 2015
M&A league tables for the first half of 2015 compiled by Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters show Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom leading the pack among legal advisers, while several other Am Law 100 firms prepare to fete the Fourth of July with some insurance-related transactional work.
Rebecca Geiger : Global Lawyer News : July 01, 2015
In the largest recent M&A deals across Europe, which law firms got the work?
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : June 29, 2015
Susan Beck : The American Lawyer : June 29, 2015
At best, the nation's biggest and wealthiest firms donate 0.1 percent of revenue to legal aid, an institution in crisis. Isn't it time for more of them to pledge serious money?
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 26, 2015
Hall advised Delhaize Group in its merger with Koninklijke Ahold NV, which will create a combined company valued at $29 billion.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : June 25, 2015
U.S. District Judge Beth Labson Freeman seemed disinclined to rule that the court lacks jurisdiction.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 25, 2015
The Am Law 100 firm took the lead this week for clients such as The Williams Companies, Cigna and Delhaize on a trio of potential deals totaling some $124 billion in value.
Angela Neville : Texas Lawyer : June 24, 2015
Recently The Williams Group publicly rejected the $53.1 billion acquisition offer made by Dallas-based Energy Transfer Equity.
Julie Triedman : New York Law Journal : June 22, 2015
One of the country's best-known and most experienced commercial litigators, Barry Ostrager, has joined New York's state judiciary and is hearing cases in his area of specialty, commercial law.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : June 18, 2015
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 18, 2015
Nearly a dozen billion-dollar deals were announced over the past week, ranging from homebuilders and retail buys to the privatization of a U.S.-listed Chinese technology company. At the same time, Am Law 100 firms had to look no further than the active pharmaceutical arena to add a few notable M&A engagements to their transactional ledger.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 11, 2015
The firm is advising Tokio Marine in its $7.5 billion insurance company buy and has unexpectedly picked up work on Teva's $40 billion bid for Mylan.
David Bario : The Am Law Daily : June 10, 2015
A judge found that Kirkland & Ellis ignored ethical obligations to snag a role as deal counsel to Teva Pharmaceutical in its $40 billion hostile bid for Mylan. But Kirkland's loss is Sullivan & Cromwell's gain, as Teva announced that S&C will step in to advise the company in the takeover fight.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : June 09, 2015
If approved by U.S. District Judge Charles Breyer, the proposed settlement would be one of the largest of its kind in Northern District history.
Julie Triedman : The Litigation Daily : June 06, 2015
Simpson Thacher & Bartlett partner Barry Ostrager, freshly retired from the firm at 67, reported to his new chambers at 60 Centre Street in Manhattan this week as New York's newest acting Supreme Court justice.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : June 04, 2015
The following deals, involving at least one Texas-based company, were announced in 2014. Sources include Texas Lawyer, The Am Law Daily, Thomson Reuters and corporate press releases.
Hank Grezlak and Gina Passarella : The Connecticut Law Tribune : June 01, 2015
The standard law firm model that has been in effect for the better part of the last 20 years is becoming less viable and the way law firms are run is undergoing a subtle, yet significant change, driven largely by information.
: Corporate Counsel : June 01, 2015
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : May 29, 2015
The veteran dealmaker took the lead for Time Warner Cable on its proposed $55 billion merger with Charter Communications, a deal that comes a month after the former's proposed combination with Comcast Corp. fell apart due to regulatory opposition.
Drew Combs : The American Lawyer : May 28, 2015
The group showed improvement, but its results lagged behind The Am Law 100's.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : May 28, 2015
Latham & Watkins and Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom both had roles on two megamergers in the telecommunications and technology space this week: Avago's $37 billion buy of semiconductor maker Broadcom and the proposed $78 billion union of Charter Communications, Bright House Networks and Time Warner Cable.
: The American Lawyer : May 28, 2015
Tali Arbel : The Associated Press : May 28, 2015
As TV watchers increasingly look online for their fix, cable companies are bulking up. In the latest round, Charter Communications is buying Time Warner Cable for $55.33 billion, and executives say they're confident regulators will allow the creation of another U.S. TV and Internet giant.
Ginny LaRoe : The National Law Journal : May 25, 2015
Berger Singerman's work is classic Florida, from deals for citrus growers to cleaning up after failed and fraudulent businesses.
Jennifer Genova (compiled from ThomsonReuters Financial and other sources) : New Jersey Law Journal : May 21, 2015
Endo International, of Dublin, Ireland, with U.S. headquarters in Malvern, Penn., on May 18 announced it has acquired fellow pharmaceutical company Par Pharmaceutical Holdings Inc. of Woodcliff Lake, for about $8 billion in cash and stock.
: New York Law Journal : May 21, 2015
The Ascena Retail Group is buying the owner of Ann Taylor and Loft in a deal valued at about $2.16 billion. Washington, D.C.-based Danaher plans to purchase Port Washington, New York-based filtration specialist Pall for $13.6 billion.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : May 21, 2015
Firms Prescribed Work on $12.7 Billion CVS, Omnicare Deal
: New York Law Journal : May 20, 2015
The Fund for Modern Courts on Monday presented its John McCloy Memorial Award for 2015 to Gary Naftalis, co-chair of Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel, and its Career Public Service Award for 2015 to former Court of Appeals Judge Victoria Graffeo, a member of Harris Beach.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : May 20, 2015
Approving a record $275 million settlement in a derivative case, a Delaware judge opted not to allow some of the money to go directly to shareholders, as another court recently did.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : May 15, 2015
Frederick Green, co-chair of Weil, Gotshal & Manges' transactions practice, took the lead for Verizon Communications on its $4.4 billion acquisition of AOL.