- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 267
- Gross Revenues: $702,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $2,630,000
- Profits Per Partner: $5,500,000
- Year Over Year Change: 10
Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz has 267 attorneys and is the 167th largest firm in the United States. With $702,500,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 44th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katzranked as the 52nd highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in NY.
In the News
: The American Lawyer : February 01, 2016
Susan Beck : The American Lawyer : February 01, 2016
Maura Grossman, a Wachtell lawyer, developed a better way to do e-discovery. Why are so few other firms taking a lead with tech?
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : February 01, 2016
Jones Day remains a stable second and DLA Piper and Morgan Lewis are moving up, according to a survey of general counsel by Acritas Research.
Rick Kopstein, Photographer : New York Law Journal : January 28, 2016
Chief Judge Carol Bagley Amon administered the oath of office to Eastern District Judge Ann Donnelly on Friday. Donnelly had been a Court of Claims judge and acting Manhattan Supreme Court justice before the U.S. Senate confirmed her nomination to the federal bench.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : January 28, 2016
Wachtell, Simpson Thacher, Shearman & Sterling and Cleary Gottlieb are advising on a $20 billion corporate tax inversion deal between Johnson Controls and Tyco International; and a look at the other big firms behind the latest round of billion-dollar deals.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : January 21, 2016
After the much-awaited rebound in 2014, the mergers and acquisitions market in New Jersey stayed strong in 2015 with numerous strategic moves by corporations, the Law Journal's annual survey found.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : January 14, 2016
With the Academy Awards just around the corner, a pair of billion-dollar entertainment industry deals awarded work to a handful of Am Law 200 firms and some big names in Canada.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : January 12, 2016
In acquiring Art Agency, Partners, Sotheby's has also gained a new executive in former investment banker and Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz partner Adam Chinn.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : January 07, 2016
With record-breaking M&A volume pushing past the $5 trillion mark in 2015, it's no surprise that deal-hungry Am Law 100 firms wasted little time scooping up market share to start 2016.
Sue Reisinger : Corporate Counsel : January 05, 2016
A year-end report by Dealogic says general counsel most often turned to Goldman Sachs Group Inc. as their global financial adviser on mergers and acquisitions, and to Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom as their law firm in a record-setting year that saw the volume of deals break the $5 trillion mark for the first time.
Ginny LaRoe : The National Law Journal : January 04, 2016
Dana Wagner, Square Inc.'s first general counsel, oversees legal, government relations, compliance and trust and safety, which numbers around 100 people, including lawyers.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : December 21, 2015
Foreign law firms have been in South Korea for three years, but they still can't practice local law. Will they ever be able to? The answer isn't clear.
Rebecca Geiger : Focus Europe : December 21, 2015
In the largest recent M&A deals across Europe, which law firms got the work?
Michael D. Goldhaber : The American Lawyer : December 21, 2015
These 10 law firms stood out for exceptional results in key cases.
: The American Lawyer : December 21, 2015
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : December 17, 2015
Amid megadeals poised to create DowDuPont and Newell Brands, several firms grabbed roles on a pair of transactions announced by Chinese Internet titan Alibaba Group Holding Ltd.
: New York Law Journal : December 11, 2015
The New York City Bar Association presented its annual Thomas E. Dewey Medal Wednesday to outstanding assistant district attorneys in each of the city's five DA's offices as well as the Office of the Special Prosecutor.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : December 11, 2015
Thanks to its role in DuPont's planned merger with Dow, the firm has gained membership in the most exclusive kind of club—the kind with just one member.
William Henderson and Evan Parker : The American Lawyer : December 03, 2015
Most of The Am Law 200 will only be able to grow by taking market share. Here are ways to think about industries and practice areas that will bear fruit for your firm.
Jennifer Hudson : The Am Law Daily : December 03, 2015
With last week's news that pharmaceutical giants Pfizer Inc. and Allergan plc will join together in a tax inversion valued at $160 billion, 2015 appears to be the year of the deal. The transaction brings total M&A value to $3.82 trillion for the year to date—4.3 percent higher than the record set in 2007, according to Mergermarket data.
Susan Beck : The American Lawyer : November 30, 2015
After a hotly contested takeover, the billionaire investor settles with two banks, but not with Wachtell.
: The American Lawyer : November 30, 2015
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : November 28, 2015
Having recently taken on tax-related engagements for Yahoo and Darden Restaurants, lawyers from Skadden handle Pfizer's controversial $152 billion union with Allergan, while four other firms land a role on the $4.6 billion sale of Petco Holdings.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : November 23, 2015
If 2015 is the year of the deal, Pfizer's $160 billion merger with Allergan looks like it'll be the deal of the year for a small army of M&A lawyers.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : November 19, 2015
Four Am Law 100 firms led by Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz have snagged a share of $9 million in legal fees and costs emanating from initial public offerings for online dating giant Match Group and startup mobile payments company Square.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : November 19, 2015
Five years after a nasty takeover battle, industrial gas distribution giant Airgas and its lawyers from Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz present another acquisition to shareholders.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : November 19, 2015
The National Association for Law Placement found a decline in the percentage of women and African-American associates at U.S. law firms.
Susan Beck : The Am Law Daily : November 18, 2015
Four years after fending off Air Products' hostile takeover bid, Wachtell helped Airgas tie the knot with Air Liquide.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : November 12, 2015
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : November 12, 2015
Lawyers from a dozen Global 100 firms are advising on a $106 billion megamerger between Anheuser-Busch InBev and SABMiller, one that moved forward this week as SABMiller agreed to the $12 billion sale of its 58 percent stake in joint venture MillerCoors.