- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Houston
- Head Count: 608
- Gross Revenues: $627,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,030,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,885,000
- Year Over Year Change: -5
Vinson & Elkins is a Houston-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Vinson & Elkins has 624 attorneys and is the 62nd largest firm in the United States. With $653,500,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 50th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Vinson & Elkins ranked as the 58th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, NY and TX.
In the News
Miriam Rozen : Texas Lawyer : April 29, 2016
Since his own legal troubles began last summer, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton has not received the love –specifically, in the form of cash contributions to his officeholder's account--from big Texas law firms that his predecessor netted.
Brian Baxter : The American Lawyer : April 28, 2016
The administrative office of the U.S. Courts said Thursday that bankruptcy filings fell 8.5 percent over the past year. But one sector where Chapter 11 work hasn't dried up is the energy industry, where Kirkland & Ellis and Jones Day are siphoning off new assignments.
MP McQueen : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
Targeting a new generation of clients, website designs aim to make attorneys seem more likable.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : April 25, 2016
Five large Texas firms were among the 100 highest-grossing firms in 2015, as reported in the Am Law 100 list.
Angela Neville : Texas Lawyer : April 21, 2016
White Star Petroleum is using the firm of Porter Hedges for its pending acquisition of Mississippi Lime and Woodford Shale assets for $200 million from Devon Energy Corp., which is being represented in the deal by two Houston Vinson & Elkins partners.
: New York Law Journal : April 20, 2016
Four firms announce new additions, while Littler Mendelson announces new co-chairs of the firm's financial services industry group and Skadden names six new partners.
: The Am Law Daily : April 20, 2016
Before The American Lawyer's complete annual Am Law 100 report is released on April 25, take a peek at preliminary reporting on law firm financials from The Am Law Daily and its regional affiliates.
: Texas Lawyer : April 12, 2016
Reports for Texas Lawyer's annual firm finance coverage are coming in. Check back often to this page for the latest insights on firm revenue, net income and other metrics. Included below Texas Lawyer's articles is a link to The American Lawyer's growing list of financial reports.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 11, 2016
Holland & Knight keeps hiring; Kirkland picks up one from Paul Weiss; Proskauer Rose reels in some heavy-hitters; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : April 07, 2016
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : April 05, 2016
Lateral partner moves in Big Law tend to be highly scripted affairs, but sometimes the players go off script.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : April 04, 2016
The moves continue a trickle of recent departures from Hunton & Williams across several practices.
Angela Neville : Texas Lawyer : April 04, 2016
Sanjel Corporation, which is based in Alberta, Canada, recently announced that it has signed an agreement for the sale of its U.S. fracturing, coiled tubing and cementing assets to Liberty Oilfield Services for an undisclosed amount.
: Texas Lawyer : April 04, 2016
Douglas A. Yeager, a Houston partner in Locke Lord, has been named chairman of the firm's Finance, Banking and Real Estate Department.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : April 04, 2016
Out-of-state firms continue to move into Houston, the nation's energy capital, despite the low oil and gas prices.
Mary Alice Robbins : Texas Lawyer : April 04, 2016
With the price of oil plunging from more than $100 a barrel to less than $30, energy companies are struggling with a myriad of labor and employment challenges, including some that have forced them into the courts.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : March 31, 2016
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : March 28, 2016
Vinson & Elkins represents Nexeo Solutions Holdings of The Woodlands in pending acquisition by WL Ross Holdings in deal valued at $1.575 billion.
: The National Law Journal : March 28, 2016
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Angela Neville : Texas Lawyer : March 24, 2016
Targa recently announced that it has received definitive agreements from a number of investors for the purchase of its preferred stock totaling approximately $1 billion.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : March 24, 2016
A bucket of Am Law 100 firms have soaked up work on a big-time paint industry purchase.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : March 21, 2016
The U.S. Department of Commerce adds a high-profile partner from Katten Muchin Rosenman; Greenberg Traurig and Holland & Knight trade hires; Winston & Strawn's arbitration co-chair departs; and other notable additions from around The Am Law 200.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : March 19, 2016
Sullivan & Cromwell, Skadden, Mayer Brown, Crowell & Moring and a trio of leading Canadian firms are advising on TransCanada Corp.'s proposed $13 billion acquisition of Columbia Pipeline Group Inc.
: The National Law Journal : March 14, 2016
More than 350 legal scholars last week called on the Senate to fulfill its constitutional obligation to consider President Barack Obama's upcoming U.S. Supreme Court nominee. Plus more in this week's column.
: The American Lawyer : March 14, 2016
The American Lawyer invites firms to send us the names of their new partners for 2016. Please send submissions to email@example.com.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : March 09, 2016
Peter Martelli, a corporate partner at Simpson Thacher & Bartlett in New York, recently resigned from the firm. After serving a 90-day gardening leave, Martelli will join Kirkland & Ellis, which has frequently raided Simpson Thacher in recent years.
Katelyn Polantz : Legal Times : March 07, 2016
Vinson & Elkins partner Michael Charness has stepped down as managing partner of the Washington office, and antitrust partner Craig Seebald will take on the job, the firm said this month.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : March 04, 2016
Wilson, Fenwick and Joe Conroy's Cooley see revenues and profits surge, while other California-focused firms delivered modest to healthy gains in 2015.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : March 04, 2016
Chairman Mark Kelly said flat financials in 2015 follow the firm's record year of 2014.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : March 01, 2016
Former Dewey & LeBoeuf lawyers Dirk Walker and Dina Yin both advise state-owned Chinese oil and gas companies on cross-border transactions.