- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Houston
- Head Count: 608
- Gross Revenues: $627,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,030,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,885,000
- Year Over Year Change: -5
Vinson & Elkins is a Houston-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2016 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Vinson & Elkins has 608 attorneys and is the 69th largest firm in the United States. With $627,500,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 55th on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2015 Global 100 survey, Vinson & Elkins ranked as the 67th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, NY, TX and VA.
In the News
Marcia Coyle : Supreme Court Brief : July 06, 2016
The University of Southern California's Adam Feldman and Alexander Kappner studied 93,000 cert petitions between 2001 and 2015 to try to glean what factors make a petition more or less likely to be granted. A firm's success "with their aggregate cert filings does not guarantee success on a per-case basis," according to the study.
Tirzah S. Lollar and Ralph C. Mayrell : Corporate Counsel : July 01, 2016
The U.S. Supreme Court decision in on June 16 held that the implied false certification theory can be a basis for False Claims Act liability.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : June 29, 2016
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld ranked the highest among Texas Am Law 200 firms on The American Lawyer's Pro Bono report.
kristen rasmussen : Texas Lawyer : June 28, 2016
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has accused executives at a Dallas oil and gas energy company, including the CEO and general counsel, of a "long-lasting and egregious fraud" that included spending investors' money at gentlemen's clubs.
Brenda sapino jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : June 27, 2016
Dallas-based Thompson & Knight is the latest large Texas firm to increase base salaries for its U.S. associates.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : June 26, 2016
Putting the Supreme Court's immigration reform decision in context; plus the SEC goes after the "Frack Master" and his GC--a former Skadden lawyer. Also, the Kansas AG has his hands full and a Georgia judge goes way over the line.
brenda sapino jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : June 22, 2016
Dallas-based Haynes and Boone announced raises for U.S. associates effective July 1, ranging from a $180,000 starting base salary to $325,000.
: The National Law Journal : June 20, 2016
The parents of two first-graders killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre are offering to settle their wrongful-death lawsuit against Newtown, Connecticut, and its Board of Education for $5.5 million each. Plus more in this week's column.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 20, 2016
Amid more departures, K&L Gates seeks to grow; Akin Gump and Reed Smith hire from Winston & Strawn; Fox Rothschild reels in a leading Twin Cities litigator; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : June 17, 2016
Houston-based Andrews Kurth is the latest large Texas firm to raise associate salaries to the new, higher market rate set by Cravath, Swaine & Moore.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : June 15, 2016
Movement of IP attorneys in Asia has been active this year
Brenda Sapino jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : June 14, 2016
Following the market rate set by Cravath, Swaine & Moore, Houston-based Bracewell will raise salaries of U.S. associates on July 1.
Frances Ivens and Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : June 14, 2016
Milbank, Kirkland, Simpson Thacher, Paul Weiss, Weil and Davis Polk have confirmed associates pay increase will include those based in Asia.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : June 13, 2016
Baker Botts, based in Houston, joins Texas firm Vinson & Elkins in raising the base salary for entry-level U.S. associates to $180,000.
Miriam Rozen : Texas Lawyer : June 13, 2016
In his bankruptcy case, onetime billionaire and Texan Sam Wyly asked the court this week to exempt from the clutches of claimants, including the Internal Revenue Service, his annuities, his 401(k), his religious books and his $9 million-appraised Dallas home. Federal prosecutors, however, argue that because Wyly had been found liable in a New York federal court for securities fraud, he should not get to keep such a high-priced abode away from claimants.
Brenda sapino jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : June 13, 2016
Houston-based Vinson & Elkins hires five litigators who do IP work, with four coming from Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld and one from Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : June 13, 2016
Locke Lord will move to new $180,000 market base salary rate for beginning associates in large markets as of July 1 and increase to $155,000 in smaller markets.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : June 10, 2016
McKool Smith of Dallas and Houston-based Susman Godfrey raise associate salaries in the wake of Cravath, Swaine & Moore's move last week.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : June 09, 2016
Vinson & Elkins, based in Houston, notified U.S. associates on June 9 that it will raise associate salaries starting July 1.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 09, 2016
A bevy of big firms continue this week to match the new base pay scale for associates set Monday by Cravath, Swaine & Moore. Sullivan & Cromwell sought to up the ante for its most senior associates, as other firms like Latham & Watkins joined the pay raise party.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 09, 2016
The $1.65 billion sale of New York's 1285 Sixth Avenue saw more than 50 partners from Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison—a key tenant in the office tower—invest roughly $10 million in the transaction.