- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Washington
- Head Count: 596
- Gross Revenues: $477,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $800,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,060,000
- Year Over Year Change: 2
Venable is a Washington, D.C.-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2016 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Venable has 596 attorneys and is the 72nd largest firm in the United States. With $477,000,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 66th on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2015 Global 100 survey, Venable ranked as the 81st highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, DE, MD, NY, TX and VA.
In the News
Ross Todd : The Recorder : July 11, 2016
An appellate court on Monday gave new life to a lawsuit accusing law firm Venable and former partner David Meyer of helping a con man who claimed to have a line on pre-IPO Facebook stock pilfer $11 million.
: The Recorder : July 11, 2016
C. Ryan Barber : The National Law Journal : July 11, 2016
On Monday, the FTC showed that a company can make disclosures about native advertising but still fall short of being fair to customers. The agency reached a settlement with Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Inc. over allegations the company failed to clearly disclose that it paid online "influencers" for videos promoting "Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor," a video game loosely based on The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : July 06, 2016
As thousands of law graduates across the country are preparing for the test this summer, we asked prominent Washington lawyers who made it through to the other side to share their quirky rituals or behaviors that helped them succeed.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 06, 2016
Three new laterals at Orrick; a pair of Honigman practice leaders land at Foley & Lardner; Gibson Dunn recruits from the Justice Department; Latham & Watkins welcomes a top SEC official; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : July 05, 2016
Anchorage office head Jahna Lindemuth was profiled in The Am Law Daily last year when she helped secure the release of one of the Fairbanks Four.
: New York Law Journal : June 27, 2016
In this Special Report from the New York Law Journal: "Don't Ignore Liquor License Issues in Transactions," "Standing the Test of 'Time Is of the Essence'," "Policy Change for Offerings of Out-of-State Condominiums in New York" and "Paths Forward for Multifamily Properties and Conversions to Residential Use."
: The National Law Journal : June 27, 2016
New arrivals and lateral moves in this week's column.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : June 23, 2016
Thomas Laryea, co-chair of Dentons' global government sector and former head of the firm's Africa initiative, has joined a new shop specializing in the diverse legal needs of African governments and diaspora from the continent.
Ed Silverstein : Legaltech News : June 20, 2016
The federal government should formalize the process it uses to disclose vulnerabilities to vendors and make that process more transparent, experts say.
: The National Law Journal : June 20, 2016
New arrivals and lateral moves in this week's column.
C. Ryan Barber : The National Law Journal : June 15, 2016
The U.S. Education Department is taking steps to strip its recognition of the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools, a move that could jeopardize future federal aid to 243 institutions, many of them for-profit colleges.
C. Ryan Barber : The National Law Journal : June 15, 2016
A federal judge on Wednesday kept secret the names of five companies that sued the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau last year, standing by an earlier decision to release basic details in the case but protect the targets of the agency's investigation from the "substantial harm" of public disclosure.
Sue Reisinger and Ed Silverstein : Corporate Counsel : June 13, 2016
The Justice Department revealed how it reached decisions under its new pilot enforcement program.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 09, 2016
The $1.65 billion sale of New York's 1285 Sixth Avenue saw more than 50 partners from Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison—a key tenant in the office tower—invest roughly $10 million in the transaction.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : June 01, 2016
Los Angeles, New York and Washington, D.C., were hot markets for lateral litigators in May, with firms including Boies, Schiller & Flexner; Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan; Morrison & Foerster; and Bracewell coming out on top. Here are The Lit Daily's picks for the most notable litigator moves in May.
: The National Law Journal : May 30, 2016
Lateral moves, new arrivals, and a new practice group in this week's column.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : May 26, 2016
Just in time for Memorial Day, four Am Law 100 firms sought to stoke and celebrate their transactional expertise by advising on an $8.4 billion combination of two leading real estate investment trusts.
Roy Strom : The National Law Journal : May 23, 2016
The firm's litigation practice last year won a notable series of court victories that will allow client EPR Properties to build a casino development in upstate New York.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 23, 2016
Steptoe & Johnson's Korea practice co-head finds a new home; a Bryan Cave practice leader joins the Kentucky Derby; a longtime Paul Weiss litigator becomes a regulator; Perkins Coie hires from Microsoft; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Jennifer Williams-Alvarez : Corporate Counsel : May 15, 2016
Even if a company's website doesn't expressly mislead consumers, the Federal Trade Commission may still go after it because the “net impression” is deceiving.
Ben Hancock : The Recorder : May 05, 2016
No prudent banking lawyer will admit it, but more class actions means more business for both sides.
: The National Law Journal : May 02, 2016
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : April 26, 2016
Michael Gollin, a Venable partner, has turned his experience living with the debilitative disease ALS into a series of reflections on life and his work.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 25, 2016
Ronald Cami heads to Davis Polk & Wardwell in Silicon Valley; Davis Wright Tremaine adds a former top federal prosecutor; another Bracewell partner departs; a new IP boutique forms inside the Beltway; and other key additions from throughout The Am Law 200.