- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Dallas
- Head Count: 281
- Gross Revenues: $201,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $720,000
- Profits Per Partner: $855,000
- Year Over Year Change: -4
Thompson & Knight is a Dallas-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Thompson & Knight has 281 attorneys and is the 156th largest firm in the United States. With $201,500,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 145th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in CA, MI, NY and TX.
In the News
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : October 01, 2015
Boston-based Greene & Hafer partners up with Sullivan & Worcester; Greenberg Traurig grows in Texas; Paul Weiss welcomes a “Rising Star”; Skadden snags a new Paris tax head; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
: Texas Lawyer : September 25, 2015
Jeff M. Petersonhas joined McGuire Woods as a partner in Dallas. In his practice, Peterson represents hospitals and health care systems in a wide range of transactions.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : September 20, 2015
David Hardison, co-head of Fried Frank's professional services defense and counseling practice, decamps in Washington, D.C.; Boies Schiller brings back a former partner and adds an employee benefits head; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
: Texas Lawyer : September 11, 2015
Brent Alan Helms has joined Jones Walker as special counsel in the Houston office. He is in the firm's business and commerce transactions practice group.
: Texas Lawyer : September 07, 2015
Quentin Brogdon has joined Crain Lewis Brogdon in Dallas as a partner. He represents plaintiffs in catastrophic personal injury litigation.
: The National Law Journal : September 07, 2015
Laterals and new arrivals in this week's column.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : September 02, 2015
For $376.1 million Permian Basin asset sale, Houston-based W&T Offshore handles transaction in-house.
: New York Law Journal : August 26, 2015
Six firms announce new hires, while Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney has named Philip Hirschhorn as head of its New York office.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 25, 2015
K&L Gates offsets a series of partner departures with hires in Dallas and Asia; Ashurst brings back a private equity pro from Skadden; Boies Schiller bags one from Cravath; a McKenna Long founder decamps; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : August 25, 2015
Kirkland & Ellis and Thompson & Knight represent GEP Haynesville in joint venture's $850 million purchase of shale assets.
Susan Beck : The Am Law Daily : August 24, 2015
China's stock tumble, with its nerve-rattling aftershocks in the U.S., may cause law firms to further scrutinize their strategy in Asia.
: Texas Lawyer : August 21, 2015
William Powers Jr., former University of Texas at Austin president and a former dean of the University of Texas School of Law, has joined the Austin office of Jackson Walker as of counsel.
Miriam Rozen : Texas Lawyer : August 20, 2015
The Securities and Exchange Commission finally adopted this month long-debated pay ratio disclosure rules. Texas Lawyer asked three Texas lawyers, David Kirkland of Baker Botts, Amy Curtis of Thompson & Knight and Stephen Jacobson of Vinson & Elkins, all of whom advise the O&G industry, to respond to questions about the SEC's new rules.
Angela Morris : Texas Lawyer : August 20, 2015
"It was an act of intimidation for someone to never ask for their records again, and I'm glad it failed," said Austin solo Bill Aleshire, who represented defendant law firm Riggs & Ray.
: Texas Lawyer : August 10, 2015
Michael McMillin has joined Thompson & Knight as an associate in the firm's government and regulatory group in Austin.
: The National Law Journal : August 10, 2015
Lateral moves in this week's column.
: Texas Lawyer : July 31, 2015
Bruce Pinegar has joined The Woodlands office of Winstead as an associate in the firm's wealth preservation practice group.
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
: Texas Lawyer : July 24, 2015
Ben Patton has been elected a partner in Katten Muchin Rosenman in Houston, where he focuses on environmental matters.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 22, 2015
Squire Patton Boggs sees more partners depart; two more lawyers peel away from O'Melveny & Myers; another IP litigator leaves Kenyon & Kenyon; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Gabriel Ruiz : Texas Lawyer : July 21, 2015
While the interest of the companies in Mexico's oil and gas potential is real, the opening process coincides with difficult world economic challenges, particularly depressed oil and gas prices and the concomitant impact on the oil and gas industry.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 14, 2015
High-powered plaintiffs shop Hausfeld hires two antitrust litigators from Greenberg Traurig to open in the Big Apple; Greenberg Traurig opens its first office in Germany; Pillsbury picks up two; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
: Texas Lawyer : July 10, 2015
Robert W. "Bob" Dockery has joined Polsinelli as a shareholder in the firm's Dallas office.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 08, 2015
The Beltway base of Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld absorbs two veteran litigators; Hogan Lovells hires three Baker Botts litigators in Texas; McDermott and Pillsbury poach new partners; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Anne Belli Perez : Texas Lawyer : July 02, 2015
For Liz Bonesio, corporate counsel at Dallas-based Topgolf International Inc., every day is a hole-in-one.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 17, 2015
The Magic Circle firm snags a senior Simpson Thacher & Bartlett civil litigation partner in New York; Sheppard Mullin adds a three-lawyer IP team from Pillsbury; King & Spalding opens in Tokyo; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Leigh Jones : The National Law Journal : June 15, 2015
Overall head count at NLJ 350 law firms was static in 2014, but a look at the top 25 U.S. markets shows sizable variations from city to city.
: Texas Lawyer : June 08, 2015
A total of 12 Texas firms are on the Am Law 100 or Am Law 200 lists of the nation's highest-grossing firms.
: Texas Lawyer : June 05, 2015
Jayme Partridge has joined the intellectual property boutique Patterson & Sheridan as a partner in the Houston office.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 04, 2015
On the heels of Avago Technologies' $37 billion buy of Broadcom, a handful of Am Law 100 firms have found themselves at the helm of another big microchip merger between two California-based companies.