- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Dallas
- Head Count: 281
- Gross Revenues: $201,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $720,000
- Profits Per Partner: $855,000
- Year Over Year Change: N/A
Thompson & Knight is a Dallas-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Thompson & Knight has 281 attorneys and is the 156th largest firm in the United States. With $201,500,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 145th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in CA, MI, NY and TX.
In the News
: The Am Law Daily : April 20, 2016
Before The American Lawyer's complete annual Am Law 100 report is released on April 25, take a peek at preliminary reporting on law firm financials from The Am Law Daily and its regional affiliates.
: Texas Lawyer : April 12, 2016
Reports for Texas Lawyer's annual firm finance coverage are coming in. Check back often to this page for the latest insights on firm revenue, net income and other metrics. Included below Texas Lawyer's articles is a link to The American Lawyer's growing list of financial reports.
June D. Bell : : March 28, 2016
Travis Torrence, Jiffy Lube's only in-house lawyer, coordinates legal services for the company and is a member of its leadership team.
: New York Law Journal : March 24, 2016
Five Dickstein Shapiro partners have moved to Blank Rome, and Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer and Thompson & Knight have each announced a promotion.
John Council : Texas Lawyer : March 24, 2016
Her name was Bonnie Arnett Horinek. She was a young Jackson Walker labor and employment partner who was fatally shot in her Fort Worth home in 1995 after a night out drinking with her husband. And the tale of how a group of influential attorneys helped put Bonnie's killer in prison and kept him there is a tale that's worth retelling for the final weekly edition of this newspaper.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : March 14, 2016
New York's Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center adds a high-ranking Akin Gump partner to serve as its new legal chief; a troubled Kaye Scholer partner departs; Kirkland makes another high-profile hire; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : March 09, 2016
Busy trial, transactional and bankruptcy/restructuring practices led to a 12.3 percent increase in net income in 2015 for Dallas-based Thompson & Knight.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : February 21, 2016
King & Wood Mallesons' private equity leader in Germany joins Mayer Brown; two more Edwards Wildman Palmer alums leave Locke Lord; Polsinelli keeps growing; Wachtell adds an e-discovery expert; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : February 19, 2016
The estate of Dr. Craig Jefferies of Houston alleges the defendants did not directly inform him of developments in a lawsuit.
: Texas Lawyer : February 12, 2016
Trevor Wommack has joined the Houston office of Vinson & Elkins as a partner in the firm's finance practice group. He focuses his practice on syndicated lending in the energy sector.
Angela Morris : Texas Lawyer : February 01, 2016
Founded in 1996, Texas Appleseed works to find justice and solutions to social and economic problems for underrepresented Texans, such as children, disabled people and low-income families.
: Texas Lawyer : January 28, 2016
Brant J. Stogner, a trial lawyer, has been named a partner in Houston-based Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Sorrels, Agosto & Friend.
Angela Neville : Texas Lawyer : January 19, 2016
Houston-based Fieldwood Energy's Mexican subsidiary, Fieldwood Energy E&P Mexico, recently locked into a production-sharing contract agreement for Area 4, which was awarded in the Round 1 Call 2 bid process with the Mexican government.
: Texas Lawyer : January 07, 2016
Patrice B. Childress has been elected a partner in Beck Redden in Houston. She represents a diverse set of clients in the energy, legal, business and real estate sections.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 06, 2016
Falling oil and gas prices continue to bedevil Am Law 200 firms. When Magnum Hunter Resources filed for bankruptcy last month, the company owed millions in fees to several firms, including Andrews Kurth, Bracewell & Giuliani and Norton Rose Fulbright.
: Texas Lawyer : December 23, 2015
Kris Alborz has joined the family law boutique of Orsinger, Nelson, Downing and Anderson as an associate in its Dallas office.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : December 22, 2015
Thompson & Knight welcomes back a father and son attorney team in Mexico; King & Spalding grabs a Skadden counsel in D.C.; Latham & Watkins takes on a Goldman Sachs executive; and other key hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : November 30, 2015
One-third of lawyers promoted to partner this year were women, a study finds.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : November 22, 2015
Mayer Brown adds a cybersecurity expert in Washington, D.C., while watching its Brazilian affiliate ramp up in São Paulo; Baker Botts makes some anniversary additions; a lobbying shakeup at Wilson Elser; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : November 20, 2015
Texas firms have ways to identify and deal with lawyer substance abuse and depression problems among lawyers.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : November 17, 2015
Mark Sloan, a partner in Dallas, will take charge of firm in February.
: Texas Lawyer : November 13, 2015
Buena Vista Lyonshas rejoined FordHarrison as a partner in Dallas. She focuses on defending management in discrimination and other employment-related actions.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : November 10, 2015
Just over a third of the U.S. lawyers promoted to partner by the country's largest firms last year were female, according to a new study, while several Am Law firms invited only men to the partner ranks.
: Texas Lawyer : November 06, 2015
James E. Smith has joined Schirrmeister Diaz-Arrastia Brem in Houston as senior counsel.