- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Designation: Boston
- Head Count: 146
- Gross Revenues: $105,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $720,000
- Profits Per Partner: $845,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
Led by partners Joel Carpenter and William Curry, Sullivan & Worcester specializes in corporate, mergers and acquisitions, litigation, tax, real estate, bankruptcy and environmental law, with notable experience in REITs and mutual fund law. The 144-lawyer firm recently won dismissal of a major Bernie Madoff-related claim for a European bank.
In the News
: New York Law Journal : January 31, 2014
DLA Piper, Carlton Fields Jorden Burt, Sullivan & Worcester and Schulte Roth & Zabel have each added an attorney.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : January 29, 2014
U.S. trademark owners might need to reconsider their international IP strategies.
: The National Law Journal : January 28, 2014
New arrivals and lateral moves in this week's column.
Sheri Qualters : The National Law Journal : January 21, 2014
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Law Technology News : January 17, 2014
The Las Vegas-based Sands Corp. is making a bet the U.S. District Court in Nevada will side with them over claims of trademark infringement.
Mark Hamblett : New York Law Journal : January 08, 2014
Dealing a win to foreign banks and investment service providers, Southern District Judge Jed Rakoff held that the recovery provision of the Bankruptcy Code is subject to the same limits on the extraterritorial reach of U.S. laws that apply to securities transactions under 'Morrison v. National Australia Bank Ltd.'
Jan Wolfe : The Litigation Daily : January 07, 2014
While most people were enjoying the tail end of a long holiday weekend, U.S. District Judge Jed Rakoff was busy Sunday delivering a key victory to foreign banks targeted by Irving Picard, the liquidation trustee for Bernie Madoff's defunct investment firm.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 20, 2014
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe has hired Shawn Atkinson, the former cochair of the venture capital and cross-border M&A practice at Edwards Wildman Palmer in London, where the latter firm is trying to stave off a partner exodus. Plus: Bingham McCutchen bulks up in Asia, a partner trio decamps for top in-house roles and other lateral moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 06, 2014
Edwards Wildman Palmer and Polsinelli poach toxic tort team on opposite coasts, the newly combined Squire Patton Boggs makes its first lateral hire, Foley & Lardner gets a new COO and more lateral moves from across The Am Law 200.
Tania Karas : New York Law Journal : January 27, 2014
Leaders from the New York state bench, bar and legal academy gathered at Pace Law School on Thursday for the latest in a series of national and statewide conversations about how the legal community should respond to changing times for the nation's law schools.
Joel Stashenko : New York Law Journal : January 23, 2014
More than two dozen recent law school graduates have been selected as the pioneer class in a unique program to provide immigrants with much-needed legal assistance.
James R. Silkenat : The National Law Journal : January 12, 2014
High court's ruling on affirmative action is a blow to diversity initiatives, but opportunities remain.
Rick Kopstein, Photographer : New York Law Journal : January 09, 2014
The Lawyers Alliance for New York celebrated the 45th anniversary of its Business and Law Leadership Gala at Gotham Hall in New York City on Wednesday.
Meredith hobbs : Daily Report : January 09, 2014
Marietta lawyer Erika Robinson has been chosen for a new task force on the financing of legal education, formed by the American Bar Association to address the skyrocketing cost of law school when jobs for new lawyers are in short supply.
Richard Acello : The National Law Journal : January 21, 2014
Contracts (distribution agreements, supply agreements, service agreements) make up 65 percent of the legal work, general counsel Eric Nodiff said, with mergers and acquisitions accounting for 15 percent and employment, securities filings, intellectual property, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and litigation comprising the rest.
Richard Acello : The National Law Journal : January 14, 2014
Herzfeld arrives at the office around 9 a.m. and leaves by 7:30 p.m. unless business keeps him later. "Every day is interesting and different," he said.
Howard E. Berkenblit : The National Law Journal : January 14, 2014
As it reviews reporting requirements, SEC would do well to consider what investors really need to know.
: The National Law Journal : January 14, 2014
Federal appellate judges often refer to their colleagues as "friends" — especially when there's disagreement on a panel. Three judges of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit used that word last week in — you got it — a sharply divided 2-1 ruling. Plus more in this week's column.
Todd Ruger : The National Law Journal : January 08, 2014
American Bar Association President James Silkenat wants to convince members of Congress this week that the leading tax reform proposals on Capitol Hill would harm not only law firms and lawyers but also the businesses and other clients who hire them.