- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 792
- Gross Revenues: $1,314,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,660,000
- Profits Per Partner: $3,870,000
- Year Over Year Change: -2
Sullivan & Cromwell is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Sullivan & Cromwell has 805 attorneys and is the 43rd largest firm in the United States. With $1,314,000,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 15th on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Sullivan & Cromwell ranked as the 18th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC and NY.
In the News
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : May 23, 2016
Eight months after Monsanto Co. abandoned its $45 billion saga to acquire Switzerland's Syngenta AG, the agribusiness giant is the recipient of a $62 billion takeover bid by Germany's Bayer AG.
Michael D. Goldhaber : The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
Sullivan & Cromwell and Dechert struggle to balance client and regulator.
Scott Flaherty, Ben Hancock and Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
Epic Systems v. Tata Consultancy Services; O'Connor v. Uber; SunEdison Chapter 11; In re VW 'Clean Diesel' Product Liability Litigation; Prosterman v. Airline Tariff Publishing.
Susan Beck : The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
Inside the clubby world of the trusts and estates bar, which is making a resurgence at some firms.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : May 23, 2016
Darren Robbins is one of the most successful advocates ever for injured shareholders. He spoke with The Litigation Daily about how he and his partners have built Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd, what they look for in laterals and the next big thing in complex litigation.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
: The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 18, 2016
A half-dozen big firms shuffled practice leaders within the past week; Skadden snags a high-profile arbitration expert in Hong Kong; the founding partner of Weil's Rhode Island office departs; and other notable laterals from throughout The Am Law 200.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : May 09, 2016
The first quarter of 2016 delivered a shock to firms focused on corporate and capital markets who saw a freeze in deals. Looking ahead, several law firm leaders say the uncertainty prompted by global events and the presidential election could impact legal spend for the rest of the year.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 09, 2016
The former Beltway-based leader of Chadbourne & Parke starts his own shop; Bracewell and Sidley make some big New York hires; a boutique investment bank recruits from Sullivan & Cromwell; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : May 05, 2016
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Andrew Denney : New York Law Journal : May 04, 2016
Robert Giuffra Sr., an attorney who practiced for almost 60 years, died on Saturday. "My father was someone who really loved the law, but who really loved his family," Robert Giuffra Jr., a partner at Sullivan & Cromwell, said, adding that his father often brought him to court when he was a child. Giuffra Jr. and two of his siblings went on to become attorneys.
: The American Lawyer : May 03, 2016
These awards recognize law firms for excellence in handling transatlantic matters across the key areas of corporate, finance and disputes, as well as highlighting in-house leaders and law firm innovation, commitment to pro bono and outstanding transatlantic strategy.
: New York Law Journal : May 02, 2016
Among other honors and appointments, Fund for Modern Courts has elected new directors, Robert Giuffra was elected board chairman of the American Swiss Foundation and Sarah Baird and Stavros Karageorgiou of Farrell Fritz were recognized for their pro bono service at the second annual Access to Justice event hosted by the Nassau County Bar Association, Nassau/Suffolk Law Services and The Safe Center LI.
Brian Baxter : The American Lawyer : April 28, 2016
The administrative office of the U.S. Courts said Thursday that bankruptcy filings fell 8.5 percent over the past year. But one sector where Chapter 11 work hasn't dried up is the energy industry, where Kirkland & Ellis and Jones Day are siphoning off new assignments.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 28, 2016
Abbott Labs seeks to buy St. Jude Medical for $25 billion; Sanofi makes a $9.3 billion bid for Medivation; AbbVie offers $5.8 billion for Stemcentrx; and a look at the big firms behind those proposed megadeals.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 27, 2016
The five remaining U.S. presidential candidates all have a need for outside counsel on the campaign trail, and not surprisingly it's the two frontrunners that have accrued the most in legal expenses.
Tom McParland : Delaware Business Court Insider : April 27, 2016
The mother of TransPerfect Global co-founder and CEO Philip Shawe will not be allowed to assert derivative claims against the company's other founder, Elizabeth Elting, in the latest development to a protracted legal battle over the future of the language services and technology solutions company.
Vivia Chen : The Careerist : April 26, 2016
A quick and dirty take on the news.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : April 26, 2016
Revenue and profit growth cooled at most of the largest New York law firms in 2015 after several years of rapid growth.
MP McQueen : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
Targeting a new generation of clients, website designs aim to make attorneys seem more likable.
Kim Kleman : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
From the editor: Key metrics are up at Am Law 100 firms, but growth has slowed.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : April 25, 2016
The Chinese ecommerce company is buying a controlling stake in Singapore-based online retailer Lazada in its largest overseas investment.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : April 25, 2016
Though it differs from district court, Justice Sonia Sotomayor sounded comfortable with the standard for claim construction used by the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
Amanda Bronstad, Scott Flaherty and Jenna Greene : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
MetLife v. Financial Stability Oversight Council; Sanofi SA Securities Class Action; Suture Express v. Cardinal Health; In re DePuy Orthopaedics Hip Implant Product Liability Litigation
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
Mixed signals in the financial sector and the end of recession-related litigation held profits down in New York.
Ben Hancock : The Recorder : April 21, 2016
U.S. District Judge Charles Breyer implored lawyers on Thursday not to float figures before the deal is done.
Ben Hancock : The Recorder : April 21, 2016
In a settlement announced Thursday, the German car maker has agreed to buy back approximately 480,000 diesel vehicles in the U.S. or pay for their repair.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : April 21, 2016
The firm is advising solar energy giant SunEdison Inc. on its Chapter 11 filing in New York, the largest by any U.S. company so far this year.