- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 805
- Gross Revenues: $1,276,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,585,000
- Profits Per Partner: $3,680,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
Sullivan & Cromwell is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Sullivan & Cromwell has 805 attorneys and is the 43rd largest firm in the United States. With $1,276,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 13th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Sullivan & Cromwell ranked as the 18th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC and NY.
In the News
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : February 11, 2016
A new year brings another new deal for the pharmaceutical giant and its outside lawyers from three firms.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : February 11, 2016
U.S.-based firms may be in for some turbulence, but many say there's still good money to be made down under.
Tony Mauro : Supreme Court Brief : February 10, 2016
When Carter Phillips and Seth Waxman, two titans of the U.S. Supreme Court bar, both want to argue the same side of a case, what are you going to do? You do what the National Football League does every game: flip a coin.
Angela Morris : Texas Lawyer : February 09, 2016
"Given the growing threats to social, racial and economic justice in Texas, TCRP must step boldly into this next chapter," said Mimi Marziani, the new executive director of the Texas Civil Rights Project.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : February 04, 2016
The office cry. It's as routine an occurrence in law as after-work drinks. And it's something that lawyer-turned-therapist Will Meyerhofer can empathize with when he meets his clients, a niche of anxious and depressed corporate lawyers.
Andrew Keshner : New York Law Journal : February 04, 2016
HSBC Bank plans to fight a judge's order to publicly file a redacted compliance monitor's report in a deferred prosecution case, according to court filings.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : February 04, 2016
Simpson Thacher, Davis Polk Clifford Chance and two leading Swiss firms take the lead on the largest outbound M&A deal ever by a Chinese company; and a look at the other big firms behind the latest slate of billion-dollar transactions.
Susan Beck : The American Lawyer : February 01, 2016
Via a new group, the Associates Committee, young lawyers pool donations to support legal nonprofits.
: The American Lawyer : February 01, 2016
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : February 01, 2016
With the world's nations pledging to slow global warming, firms look for ways to cut their greenhouse gas emissions.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : February 01, 2016
Even as the Chinese stock market bubble bursts, lawyers report that they're keeping busy with M&A, tech deals, and restructuring work. Don't count out Hong Kong IPOs, either.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : February 01, 2016
The firm made an exception to its practice of shunning debtor's-side Chapter 11 work—and to billing by the hour.
Andrew Keshner : New York Law Journal : February 01, 2016
Eastern District Judge John Gleeson on Thursday said a report filed in connection with a deferred prosecution case against HSBC Bank was "a judicial record, and that the public has a First Amendment right" to see it.
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : February 01, 2016
Jones Day remains a stable second and DLA Piper and Morgan Lewis are moving up, according to a survey of general counsel by Acritas Research.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : January 28, 2016
Wachtell, Simpson Thacher, Shearman & Sterling and Cleary Gottlieb are advising on a $20 billion corporate tax inversion deal between Johnson Controls and Tyco International; and a look at the other big firms behind the latest round of billion-dollar deals.
The Asian Lawyer : The Asian Lawyer : January 25, 2016
For our third annual Asia Legal Awards, we have selected a short list of 27 categories of deals and matters from the region's leading firms and practitioners. Winners will be announced on Feb. 23 at the Four Seasons Hotel in Hong Kong.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 21, 2016
Unrest in the oil and gas industry and more microchip merger madness have yielded roles for several Am Law 100 firms in The Am Law Daily's look at the latest round of billion-dollar transactions.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : January 21, 2016
After the much-awaited rebound in 2014, the mergers and acquisitions market in New Jersey stayed strong in 2015 with numerous strategic moves by corporations, the Law Journal's annual survey found.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : January 21, 2016
Judge Charles Breyer selected Elizabeth Cabraser of Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein as lead counsel.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 21, 2016
Besides allying with Rudy Giuliani in an election year, Greenberg Traurig has hired several other notable partners this month; Orrick opens in Houston; Paul Weiss litigators start their own boutique; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Vivia Chen : The Careerist : January 19, 2016
The Tea Party darling has friends in Big Law—even in New York City.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : January 19, 2016
After the Supreme Court's decision last week to rule on fundamental questions about the proceedings, lawyers like Finnegan's Erika Arner say "the sooner, the better."
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 18, 2016
Holland & Knight and Sidley Austin hire from Katten Muchin Rosenman and Milbank; a Skadden lawyer returns to public service; Allen & Overy hires in New York; King & Spalding takes two from Jones Day; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Susan Beck : The Am Law Daily : January 15, 2016
A third-year associate at Skadden is taking an ambitious and novel approach to get associates to support legal aid groups and nonprofits that bring impact litigation.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : January 14, 2016
Facing a skeptical judge, the pair scored a welcome defense victory for Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan in a closely watched antitrust case over zinc prices.
Andrew Denney : New York Law Journal : January 12, 2016
Of the many titles held by Judith Kaye over her long career, one of her favorites came in a letter from a prisoner who began with the salutation, "Dear Mother of Justice."
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : January 12, 2016
In acquiring Art Agency, Partners, Sotheby's has also gained a new executive in former investment banker and Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz partner Adam Chinn.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : January 12, 2016
Joshua Grode represented Dalian Wanda in buying the studio behind Jurassic World and the Batman trilogy.
Joel Stashenko : New York Law Journal : January 08, 2016
Judith Kaye, the first woman to become a judge on New York's Court of Appeals and the longest-tenured chief judge in state history, died at her home in Manhattan early Thursday.
Nell Gluckman : The American Lawyer : January 07, 2016
A former Sullivan & Cromwell partner who was sentenced to two years in prison in 2012 for not paying taxes will have to reapply for his law license following a three-year suspension, a Manhattan appeals court has ruled.