- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 792
- Gross Revenues: $1,314,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,660,000
- Profits Per Partner: $3,870,000
- Year Over Year Change: -2
Sullivan & Cromwell is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Sullivan & Cromwell has 805 attorneys and is the 43rd largest firm in the United States. With $1,276,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 13th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Sullivan & Cromwell ranked as the 18th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC and NY.
In the News
Tom McParland : Delaware Business Court Insider : April 27, 2016
The mother of TransPerfect Global co-founder and CEO Philip Shawe will not be allowed to assert derivative claims against the company's other founder, Elizabeth Elting, in the latest development to a protracted legal battle over the future of the language services and technology solutions company.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 27, 2016
The five remaining U.S. presidential candidates all have a need for outside counsel on the campaign trail, and not surprisingly it's the two frontrunners that have accrued the most in legal expenses.
Vivia Chen : The Careerist : April 26, 2016
A quick and dirty take on the news.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : April 26, 2016
Revenue and profit growth cooled at most of the largest New York law firms in 2015 after several years of rapid growth.
MP McQueen : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
Targeting a new generation of clients, website designs aim to make attorneys seem more likable.
Kim Kleman : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
From the editor: Key metrics are up at Am Law 100 firms, but growth has slowed.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : April 25, 2016
The Chinese ecommerce company is buying a controlling stake in Singapore-based online retailer Lazada in its largest overseas investment.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : April 25, 2016
Though it differs from district court, Justice Sonia Sotomayor sounded comfortable with the standard for claim construction used by the Patent Trial and Appeal Board.
Brian Baxter : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
Kirkland & Ellis is siphoning off a big share of the work as more distressed companies in the energy industry file for Chapter 11.
Amanda Bronstad, Scott Flaherty and Jenna Greene : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
MetLife v. Financial Stability Oversight Council; Sanofi SA Securities Class Action; Suture Express v. Cardinal Health; In re DePuy Orthopaedics Hip Implant Product Liability Litigation
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
Mixed signals in the financial sector and the end of recession-related litigation held profits down in New York.
Ben Hancock : The Recorder : April 21, 2016
U.S. District Judge Charles Breyer implored lawyers on Thursday not to float figures before the deal is done.
Ben Hancock : The Recorder : April 21, 2016
In a settlement announced Thursday, the German car maker has agreed to buy back approximately 480,000 diesel vehicles in the U.S. or pay for their repair.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : April 21, 2016
The firm is advising solar energy giant SunEdison Inc. on its Chapter 11 filing in New York, the largest by any U.S. company so far this year.
Richard Acello : The National Law Journal : April 18, 2016
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : April 18, 2016
New York lawyers are playing a multitude of roles in the campaigns of presidential candidates in preparation for the New York primary Tuesday. The level of lawyer involvement in the campaigns varies by candidate, with Hillary Clinton having the most support and infrastructure involving attorneys. Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders have less formal but still-strong ties to New York attorneys.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : April 15, 2016
Attorneys who have worked with presidential candidate Donald Trump as a client and an adversary said his blunt and blustery persona on the campaign trail matches the businessman they know.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : April 15, 2016
Seven major banks flunked a regulatory test this week. Luckily for the law firms involved, there's still time for a do-over.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 14, 2016
A week after snagging a top spot in quarterly league transactional tables, White & Case has been tapped for some big oil work in Mother Russia.
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : April 13, 2016
Big Law tends to attract and reward aggressive personalities. What happens when the aggression is turned against a partner's own firm?
Tony Mauro : Supreme Court Brief : April 13, 2016
The final argument cycle of the current U.S. Supreme Court term will begin and end with a bang, with a roster of veteran advocates traipsing to the lectern in between.
Ed Silverstein : Legaltech News : April 08, 2016
Stanford Law School and Sullivan & Cromwell team up for FCPA clearinghouse, while McDermott Will & Emery offers corporate services
Joel Stashenko : New York Law Journal : April 08, 2016
Robert MacCrate, long-time Sullivan & Cromwell partner and former president of both the ABA and the NYSBA, died Wednesday. He was known in legal circles as a staunch advocate for law schools' development of graduates with solid legal skills and a sense of obligation to their profession and to the good of society in general.
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : April 08, 2016
Vanity Fair-like portraits. Profiles that convey spark and personality. Throughout The Am Law 200, firms are remaking their sites—to the tune of $200,000 to more than $1 million.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 07, 2016
Amid a downturn in deal volume on the heels of a record-breaking 2015, White & Case and Simpson, Thacher & Bartlett found themselves front and center for M&A league tables for the first quarter of 2016.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : April 05, 2016
After creating the definitive database on securities litigation, Joseph Grundfest is turning his academic gaze to enforcement of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : April 05, 2016
The silver lining? There are still nine months to go.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : April 04, 2016
Structured as an exchange offer, the $1.2 billion deal can move more rapidly through the approval process.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : April 01, 2016
Eugene Scalia has long been known as a regulation killer, the go-to lawyer for attacking government overreach. This week, the Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher partner slayed one of his biggest dragons yet: the designation of MetLife Inc. as a “systemically important financial institution.”