- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 805
- Gross Revenues: $1,276,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,585,000
- Profits Per Partner: $3,680,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
Sullivan & Cromwell is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Sullivan & Cromwell has 805 attorneys and is the 43rd largest firm in the United States. With $1,276,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 13th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Sullivan & Cromwell ranked as the 17th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC and NY.
In the News
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : July 29, 2015
Israel's Teva Pharmaceutical announced its $40.5 billion buy of Allergan's generics business this week, a move that saw the acquirer drop its hostile bid for Mylan NV, which it had pursued since April. While that cooled off a heated takeover battle, Mylan remains embroiled in a pair of suits, including a putative shareholder class action and another case against Teva's ex-corporate lawyers at Kirkland & Ellis.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : July 27, 2015
Latham's Charles Ruck, who advised Allergan on the sale of its generics business for $40.5 billion, has been busy.
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 27, 2015
Following the completion Friday of AT&T's $48.5 billion acquisition of DirecTV, The Am Law Daily caught up with AT&T's go-to antitrust lawyers.
Jim Schroeder : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
The next tier of firms in our A-List rankings, and what they need to do to step up.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 23, 2015
Anthem's $48 billion takeover bid for Cigna and AT&T's successful $48 billion acquisition of DirecTV provided work for dozens of lawyers at Am Law 100 firms.
Michael D. Goldhaber : The Am Law Daily : July 23, 2015
The contest attracted 225 strong entries across 30 categories, and honors firms and legal departments involved in the globe's most distinguished deals, disputes and social initiatives.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : July 21, 2015
Law firms are merging at the highest rate since the Great Recession, but consultants say there are checks within the legal industry that will prevent consolidation on the scale of other professional service industries.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : July 20, 2015
For the Robbins Geller lawyers, who could earn close to $100 million in fees for their work, a $388 million settlement with JPMorgan must be all the sweeter since they first had to defeat efforts to disqualify them from spearheading the case.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : July 16, 2015
H. Rodgin Cohen, senior chairman of Sullivan & Cromwell, spoke Wednesday about the challenges facing the banking industry and how lawyers should respond.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 15, 2015
Steptoe & Johnson has snagged two new hires for its New York office, including a veteran in-house lawyer and grandson of a former Republican presidential candidate.
Vivia Chen : The Careerist : July 09, 2015
News and gossip about the private lives of Am Law partners.
Sue Reisinger : Corporate Counsel : July 06, 2015
As Stephen Cutler prepares to become the bank's vice chairman, JPMorgan Chase & Co. picks Stacey Friedman for the general counsel job.
Angela Neville : Texas Lawyer : July 06, 2015
Since April 2014, Energy Future Holdings has been embroiled in a Chapter 11 bankruptcy suit in Delaware. In a recent surprise move, Energy Future Holdings attorneys announced in the bankruptcy court that they now have an agreement with multiple creditors to hand over Oncor.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 03, 2015
M&A league tables for the first half of 2015 compiled by Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters show Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom leading the pack among legal advisers, while several other Am Law 100 firms prepare to fete the Fourth of July with some insurance-related transactional work.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : July 02, 2015
The First Department said that a ruling that Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel and its client failed to notify their adversary of a mistaken representation "is not based on a fair interpretation of the evidence."
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : July 01, 2015
Vice Chancellor John Noble implied he was troubled by some pay decisions at Cablevision, but deferred to the company's compensation committee.
Gina Passarella : The Legal Intelligencer : July 01, 2015
The current general counsel of Kraft Foods will be leaving the company after its planned merger with H.J. Heinz Co. and her deputy GC will take over the legal functions of the combined entity, the companies said this week.
Gina Passarella : The Legal Intelligencer : July 01, 2015
The current general counsel of Kraft Foods will be leaving the company after its planned merger with H.J. Heinz Co., and her deputy GC will take over the legal functions of the combined entity, the companies said this week.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : July 01, 2015
Global law firms are keeping a cautious eye on India as the government moves closer to lifting the protectionist regulations that have barred foreign firms from the country.
Rebecca Geiger : Global Lawyer News : July 01, 2015
In the largest recent M&A deals across Europe, which law firms got the work?
: Corporate Counsel : July 01, 2015
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : June 29, 2015
A Los Angeles judge found no breach of fiduciary duty and ordered the couple to split more than $15 million in assets.
David Bario : The American Lawyer : June 29, 2015
In the Teva-Mylan takeover fight, a magistrate judge advises that Kirkland's previous work for Mylan should bar it from advising Teva.
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : June 29, 2015
Scott Flaherty : The American Lawyer : June 29, 2015
Ruling in litigation over the 2008 bailout of American International Group, a judge cites formerly privileged emails from Davis Polk & Wardwell lawyers to bolster his criticism of the federal government's actions.
Miriam Rozen : Texas Lawyer : June 26, 2015
"It is now the law of the land," said Arthur Anthony, a partner in Locke Lord's Dallas office, who dispatched an alert prior to the ruling telling clients to pay attention to it, and now plans to assemble another missive explaining the court's decision.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 25, 2015
The Am Law 100 firm took the lead this week for clients such as The Williams Companies, Cigna and Delhaize on a trio of potential deals totaling some $124 billion in value.
Julie Triedman : New York Law Journal : June 22, 2015
One of the country's best-known and most experienced commercial litigators, Barry Ostrager, has joined New York's state judiciary and is hearing cases in his area of specialty, commercial law.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : June 16, 2015
While lamenting how much deference it had to give a lower court judge, the court cleared away a derivative shareholder lawsuit against JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon and others over massive trading losses.