- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 805
- Gross Revenues: $1,276,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,585,000
- Profits Per Partner: $3,680,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
Sullivan & Cromwell is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Sullivan & Cromwell has 804 attorneys and is the 42nd largest firm in the United States. With $1,278,000,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 13th on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Sullivan & Cromwell ranked as the 17th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC and NY.
In the News
Zoe Tillman : The National Law Journal : May 04, 2015
For almost a decade, Sudanese officials largely ignored lawsuits in the United States that accused the country of aiding terrorists who bombed two U.S. embassies in 1998. Billions of dollars in damages were awarded to victims and their families. Sudan last year jumped back in.
Susan Beck : The American Lawyer : May 03, 2015
The sudden exit of its future leader plus disappointing financials put The Am Law 100's oldest firm to the test.
: Corporate Counsel : May 01, 2015
Ben Bedell : New York Law Journal : April 30, 2015
The Appellate Division, First Department, affirmed dismissal of a Commercial Division case Tuesday, holding that the transaction at issue did not have a "substantial nexus" to the state.
Erin E. Harrison : Law Technology News : April 29, 2015
Inside counsel identify 9 percent more law firms using technology as a source of innovation in 2015, according to a new BTI Consulting report.
Susan Beck : The Litigation Daily : April 29, 2015
Sullivan & Cromwell's Bob Giuffra scored a win in the latest chapter of a litigation saga involving Charles Ergen of DISH Network and Philip Falcone of Harbinger Capital Partners.
: New York Law Journal : April 28, 2015
Three firms have added new partners, while two announce promotions.
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : April 27, 2015
It was a year of solid gains for The Am Law 100, especially for a burgeoning group of top firms.
: The American Lawyer : April 27, 2015
Shine represented Merck & Co. in its $14.2 billion sale of consumer brands to Germany's Bayer AG, which in turn tapped Hurd for counsel on the giant carve-out.
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : April 27, 2015
Scott Flaherty and Rebekah Mintzer : The American Lawyer : April 27, 2015
Chen-Oster v. Goldman Sachs; SmartFlash v. Apple; Carpenter v. Ace Foam; In re Forex Benchmark Rates Antitrust Litigation
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : April 27, 2015
To help add context to our reporting on law firm profits, this year's Am Law 100 report adds a new metric, profits per lawyer.
Drew Combs : The American Lawyer : April 27, 2015
Most Am Law 100 firms had solid results in 2014, but some sector bets paid off especially well.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : April 27, 2015
Can Sullivan & Cromwell's Bob Giuffra succeed where his predecessors failed?
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : April 26, 2015
Barclays' lawyers at Sullivan & Cromwell managed to trim but not defeat claims that the bank misled investors about safeguards in its Liquidity Cross dark pool.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 26, 2015
The head of McKenna Long & Aldridge's national tax group leaves ahead of a merger with global legal giant Dentons; Arnold & Porter and Cozen O'Connor both make bulk hires from smaller firms; a Jones Day bankruptcy baron returns; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 23, 2015
Dozens of New York lawyers have landed lead roles on the dissolution of General Electric Co.'s financial unit in a bid by the industrial conglomerate to return $90 billion to shareholders.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 23, 2015
Sullivan & Cromwell's Alison Ressler is advising her brother-in-law Antony Ressler, founder of buyout giant Ares Management, on his $850 million acquisition of the National Basketball Association's Atlanta Hawks. Ressler's familial relations also came up this week in leaked Sony emails.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : April 23, 2015
The buyers and sellers of the Atlanta Hawks turned to lawyers in Los Angeles and New York to advise on the transaction.
: New York Law Journal : April 22, 2015
Announcements from Reed Smith, White & Case, Debevoise & Plimpton, Nixon Peabody, Winston & Strawn, Sidley Austin and the Eastern District U.S. Attorney's Office.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 20, 2015
Boies, Schiller & Flexner is rebuilding its small corporate group by hiring O'Melveny & Myers corporate and project finance partner Dev Sen, who joined his now former firm nearly three years ago, prior to the historic collapse of Dewey & LeBoeuf.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 17, 2015
Gorrell advised General Electric Co. in the $26.5 billion sale of GE Capital's real estate portfolio to funds managed by Blackstone LP, along with Wells Fargo & Co. and additional buyers.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : April 16, 2015
Wenseng Pan was most recently a counsel at O'Melveny & Myers advising on mergers and acquisitions.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 16, 2015
As hundreds of Am Law 100 lawyers work on the dissolution of General Electric's financial unit, three more big firms grab roles on Nokia's $16.6 billion acquisition of Alcatel-Lucent.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : April 16, 2015
Bank of America, represented by Shearman & Sterling, is the third bank to settle of the dozen targeted in antitrust litigation alleging widespread manipulation in the $5 trillion-per-day foreign exchange market.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : April 13, 2015
Not necessarily, lawyers say. Alibaba and other Chinese newcomers to U.S. exchanges are far different from the companies, like now-defunct Sino Forest, that came before. Here's why.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 09, 2015
Oil and gas tops off this week's list of billion-dollar deals, with Royal Dutch Shell plc's $70 billion acquisition of BG Group plc. Magic Circle and Am Law firms landed roles on the mega deal, with Slaughter and May, Cravath, Swaine & Moore and De Brauw Blackstone Westbroek advising Shell, and Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer working on behalf of BG Group.
Katelyn Polantz : Legal Times : April 09, 2015
This is a round-up of legal news from ALM and around the country, focused on Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, Ted Cruz, West Virginia's attorney general and the major merger law firms.
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : April 07, 2015
In a year filled with hostile bids, the Allergan-Valeant fight had it all: strange alliances, trash talk, lawsuits and plenty of scorched earth.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : April 06, 2015
Bain Capital is selling some of its shares in the Australian enterprise software company four years after buying it from Archer Capital for $1.3 billion.