- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 285
- Gross Revenues: $255,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $895,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,155,000
- Year Over Year Change: -3
Stroock & Stroock & Lavan is a Los Angeles-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Stroock & Stroock & Lavan has 285 attorneys and is the 150th largest firm in the United States. With $255,000,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 121st on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in CA, DC, FL, MA and NY.
In the News
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : December 21, 2014
Locke Lord, Norton Rose Fulbright and Vinson & Elkins reshuffle some energy industry legal chairs in Houston; a K&L Gates partner with a conflict moves on; more Bingham McCutchen refugees find new homes; the federal bench lands some big firm talent and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
: New York Law Journal : December 18, 2014
The state Court of Appeals ordered a new trial Wednesday for a man who admitted his role in a stabbing without counsel present at a meeting where police asked him to wear a wire and collect incriminating statements from another suspect.
: The National Law Journal : December 15, 2014
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : December 14, 2014
Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher grabbed a senior debt finance partner from Kirkland & Ellis in London, as the latter snatches Winston & Strawn's litigation chair in Chicago; Jones Day beefs up in Miami; Sidley Austin snags six from Loeb & Loeb; a half-dozen lawyers leave firms for in-house jobs and more notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The Recorder : December 08, 2014
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : December 02, 2014
Ogletree Deakins, Quinn Emanuel and Winston & Strawn join the Houston hiring frenzy; Bingham McCutchen's exodus continues; three Howrey alums find a new home at Novak Druce; Jenner & Block brings on a former Deepwater Horizon task force head; Skadden adds one in London and more notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : December 01, 2014
Morgan Lewis took on approximately 130 lawyers in the state, including more than 60 in the Bay Area.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : November 10, 2014
Siding with lawyers at Fenwick & West, Magistrate Judge Howard Lloyd ordered IPVX Patent Holdings to pay roughly $820,000 in attorney fees.
: Daily Business Review : October 28, 2014
Ira Teicher helps the developer navigate the tax implications of a $14 million acquisition and $80 million in construction financing.
: The National Law Journal : September 22, 2014
New arrivals and lateral moves in this week's column.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : September 13, 2014
Sidley Austin has hired Cameron Kerry, a former general counsel and acting secretary at the U.S. Commerce Department and younger brother of U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, as senior counsel in Boston and Washington, D.C. The Am Law Daily looks at Kerry's hire and more in our latest roundup of lateral moves throughout The Am Law 200.
Paul Shechtman : New York Law Journal : September 10, 2014
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : September 09, 2014
The IP litigation exodus from Kirkland & Ellis continued this week as partners William Devitt and Matthew Hertko decamped for Jones Day in Chicago. The Am Law Daily has a look at those moves and more in our latest roundup of notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Ross Todd : The Litigation Daily : September 04, 2014
On Wednesday, lawyers from Gibson Dunn and Kirkland & Ellis were expected to gather before a judge to learn how closely they'd be collaborating in two separate lawsuits challenging New York's tenure system. Instead, a hearing on consolidating the cases has been postponed, and Gibson Dunn confirmed Tuesday that it is withdrawing.
Ross Todd : The Litigation Daily : September 02, 2014
After creating a playbook for overturning public teacher tenure rules on one coast, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher has been sidelined on the other.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 12, 2014
Dechert, LeClairRyan, Lowenstein Sandler and Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman all announced plans for new offices within the past week, in our latest look at notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Mark Gerlach : Law Technology News : August 11, 2014
U.S. Magistrate Judge Andrew Peck is among the luminaries at upcoming panels in Nashville.
Tania Karas : New York Law Journal : July 11, 2014
Stanley Parness, a former presiding justice of the Appellate Term, First Department, died unexpectedly on July 8. He was 85.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 08, 2014
A day after Hogan Lovells and Squire Patton Boggs started the third quarter with mergers abroad, Venable has gotten into the tie-up game by picking up seven lawyers from Los Angeles litigation boutique Weingarten Brown. The Am Law Daily looks at those moves and more in our latest tally of Am Law 200 hires.
Richard Siegler and Eva Talel : New York Law Journal : July 02, 2014
In their Cooperatives and Condominiums column, Richard Siegler and Eva Talel write that although there have been a number of decisions in the last several years refusing to summarily protect condo or co-op boards under the business judgment rule, the courts' reasoning has remained the same since the rule's inception. When boards act in good faith, within their authority, and in furtherance of a legitimate corporate purpose, their actions will not be questioned by a reviewing court.
Zoe Tillman : Legal Times : June 30, 2014
Vice President Joe Biden expressed his support for law firm pro bono programs during a meeting this month with representatives from more than a dozen firms.