- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 280
- Gross Revenues: $260,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $930,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,230,000
- Year Over Year Change: 1
Stroock & Stroock & Lavan is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Stroock & Stroock & Lavan has 280 attorneys and is the 157th largest firm in the United States. With $260,500,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 120th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in CA, DC, FL and NY.
In the News
: The National Law Journal : July 06, 2015
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 05, 2015
Latham & Watkins corporate partner Graeme Sloan in London joined Morrison & Foerster as co-chair of its M&A group; Covington & Burling brings back a high-profile former U.S. Attorney General; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : July 02, 2015
Pillsbury chair Jim Rishwain answered our questions about a spate of recent partner defections, the firm's merger outlook, and the search for his eventual replacement.
: The National Law Journal : June 29, 2015
Laterals, new arrivals and promotions in this week's column.
Andrew Denney : New York Law Journal : June 26, 2015
Alan Levine, a senior litigation partner in Cooley's New York office, on July 1 will become the chair of the board of trustees for The Jewish Theological Seminary, the flagship institution for Conservative Judaism.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 23, 2015
A month after opening a second office in Los Angeles, Sidley Austin raids Paul Hastings for a real estate pro; Proskauer Rose picks up a regional private equity head from Baker & McKenzie; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 22, 2015
Robert Bell, co-head of Kaye Scholer's antitrust practice in Washington, D.C., has joined Hughes Hubbard & Reed as a partner. Bell is the third practice leader to leave Kaye Scholer in recent weeks.
Ben Bedell : New York Law Journal : June 18, 2015
The First Department last week ruled on five appeals from Manhattan's Commercial Division, upholding three and reversing two.
: New York Law Journal : June 17, 2015
Among other announcements, Robert E. Rice, a veteran regulatory enforcement lawyer and former federal prosecutor who most recently served as chief counsel to SEC Chair Mary Jo White, has joined Ropes & Gray.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 17, 2015
The Magic Circle firm snags a senior Simpson Thacher & Bartlett civil litigation partner in New York; Sheppard Mullin adds a three-lawyer IP team from Pillsbury; King & Spalding opens in Tokyo; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 14, 2015
Willkie Farr, Winston & Strawn and Sheppard Mullin make hires from two struggling firms with California roots; Blank Rome bolts on an IP boutique in Houston; Fried Frank loses its last partner in Asia; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
: New York Law Journal : June 12, 2015
Announcements from Drinker Biddle, DLA Piper, Akin Gump, Arent Fox and Cadwalader.
: The National Law Journal : June 01, 2015
A roundup of Washington, D.C. lateral moves and promotions.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 30, 2015
Three partners head to Hogan Loveless; Fried Frank raids Kirkland & Ellis in London; another Dickstein Shapiro partner departs; a Florida firm goes on a hiring spree; and more notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
: New York Law Journal : May 28, 2015
Four firms announce new additions, while Mintz Levin has promoted an attorney to member of the firm.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 28, 2015
The two Am Law 100 firms have brought on a pair of entertainment industry experts in the City of Angels.
Eleazar David Melendez : Daily Business Review : May 27, 2015
The marina and retail complex that contains Monty's Raw Bar was attractive because it was within walking distance of a growing Coconut Grove neighborhood.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 26, 2015
Litigation giant Quinn Emanuel opens its first office in mainland China; Steptoe & Johnson snags four in Silicon Valley; Dentons follows up on its Newt Gingrich hire with several new additions; and other hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : May 25, 2015
U.S. pension fund California Public Employees' Retirement System is investing $764 million in an Asia Pacific infrastructure portfolio that will be managed by Australian investment company QIC Ltd.
: The National Law Journal : May 18, 2015
Laterals and new arrivals in this week's column.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 11, 2015
McKenna Long & Aldridge, O'Melveny & Myers and Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman see more partners peel away; a former Bingham McCutchen tax partner rejoins her former colleagues at Morgan, Lewis & Bockius; a Latham & Watkins antitrust litigator launches her own boutique; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The Recorder : May 08, 2015
: The Recorder : May 04, 2015
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
Mark Hamblett : New York Law Journal : April 29, 2015
Former New York State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver pleaded not guilty Tuesday to a superseding indictment on public corruption charges and said he welcomed a trial, which is set to start Nov. 2.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 28, 2015
Another batch of lawyers departs McKenna Long & Aldridge ahead of its merger with Dentons; several Edwards Wildman Palmer legacy partners find new homes; Boies, Schiller & Flexner brings on a Justice Department veteran; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The American Lawyer : April 27, 2015
Low oil prices are sending more energy companies into Chapter 11. A look at the law firms that are getting the work and what they're charging.
: New York Law Journal : April 16, 2015
Stroock & Stroock & Lavan, O'Melveny & Myers, Schiff Hardin and Pavia & Harcourt have each added a new partner.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 15, 2015
Having recently announced mergers in the U.S. and China, the ever-expanding global legal giant is now adding a 30-strong team from White & Case in the Hungarian capital. The move is essentially another merger, as Dentons will absorb the entire local affiliate of White & Case, a firm that opened in Budapest in 1990.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 14, 2015
Duane Morris and McKool Smith saw a pair of oenophiles pull up stakes for new endeavors; Kirkland & Ellis adds one litigator and loses two more; Paul Hastings bolsters its banking group in London; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Andrew Denney : New York Law Journal : April 14, 2015
New York City violated the constitutional rights of a babysitter by fining her more than $11,000 for posting handbills advertising her business on city-owned property, a state trial court ruled.