- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 285
- Gross Revenues: $255,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $895,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,155,000
- Year Over Year Change: -3
Stroock & Stroock & Lavan is a Los Angeles-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Stroock & Stroock & Lavan has 285 attorneys and is the 150th largest firm in the United States. With $255,000,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 121st on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in CA, DC, FL, MA and NY.
In the News
: The National Law Journal : September 22, 2014
New arrivals and lateral moves in this week's column.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : September 13, 2014
Sidley Austin has hired Cameron Kerry, a former general counsel and acting secretary at the U.S. Commerce Department and younger brother of U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, as senior counsel in Boston and Washington, D.C. The Am Law Daily looks at Kerry's hire and more in our latest roundup of lateral moves throughout The Am Law 200.
Paul Shechtman : New York Law Journal : September 10, 2014
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : September 09, 2014
The IP litigation exodus from Kirkland & Ellis continued this week as partners William Devitt and Matthew Hertko decamped for Jones Day in Chicago. The Am Law Daily has a look at those moves and more in our latest roundup of notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Ross Todd : The Litigation Daily : September 04, 2014
On Wednesday, lawyers from Gibson Dunn and Kirkland & Ellis were expected to gather before a judge to learn how closely they'd be collaborating in two separate lawsuits challenging New York's tenure system. Instead, a hearing on consolidating the cases has been postponed, and Gibson Dunn confirmed Tuesday that it is withdrawing.
Ross Todd : The Litigation Daily : September 02, 2014
After creating a playbook for overturning public teacher tenure rules on one coast, Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher has been sidelined on the other.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 12, 2014
Dechert, LeClairRyan, Lowenstein Sandler and Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman all announced plans for new offices within the past week, in our latest look at notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Mark Gerlach : Law Technology News : August 11, 2014
U.S. Magistrate Judge Andrew Peck is among the luminaries at upcoming panels in Nashville.
Tania Karas : New York Law Journal : July 11, 2014
Stanley Parness, a former presiding justice of the Appellate Term, First Department, died unexpectedly on July 8. He was 85.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 08, 2014
A day after Hogan Lovells and Squire Patton Boggs started the third quarter with mergers abroad, Venable has gotten into the tie-up game by picking up seven lawyers from Los Angeles litigation boutique Weingarten Brown. The Am Law Daily looks at those moves and more in our latest tally of Am Law 200 hires.
Richard Siegler and Eva Talel : New York Law Journal : July 02, 2014
In their Cooperatives and Condominiums column, Richard Siegler and Eva Talel write that although there have been a number of decisions in the last several years refusing to summarily protect condo or co-op boards under the business judgment rule, the courts' reasoning has remained the same since the rule's inception. When boards act in good faith, within their authority, and in furtherance of a legitimate corporate purpose, their actions will not be questioned by a reviewing court.
Zoe Tillman : Legal Times : June 30, 2014
Vice President Joe Biden expressed his support for law firm pro bono programs during a meeting this month with representatives from more than a dozen firms.
Joel Cohen : New York Law Journal : June 10, 2014
In his Ethics and Criminal Practice column, Joel Cohen write that law enforcement officials are not required to advise individuals who voluntarily offer to speak with them that they are suspects. So is the commotion over what happened to Zachary Warren of Dewey & LeBoeuf, who was asked to attend a meeting with the SEC where the district attorney's office was present without being told that he was a criminal target, justified?
Jerry H. Goldfeder and Myrna Pérez : New York Law Journal : June 04, 2014
In their Government and Election Law column, Jerry H. Goldfeder and Myrna Pérez write: In recent months, federal and state courts throughout the country have been weighing in on the validity of voter ID laws. The more recent decisions seem to be trending against harsh voter ID laws—but, as they say, the jury is still out.
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : June 04, 2014
Weil, Gotshal & Manges is representing American Securities in connection with the transaction, while Stroock & Stroock & Lavan is acting as outside counsel to cast metal maker Grede Holdings.
Aric Press : The American Lawyer : June 02, 2014
Twenty firms in The Am Law 200 performed well last year, while many others just held their own.
John Caher : New York Law Journal : May 29, 2014
A Long Island town justice who steered a defendant to his business partner for legal representation, imposed hundreds of illegal fines and made improper political contributions has been censured.
Julie Kay : Daily Business Review : May 14, 2014
Fox Rothschild is the latest law firm to lease space at the Southeast Financial Center, becoming the 26th to call the 55-story office tower home.
John Caher : New York Law Journal : May 07, 2014
New York State violated the constitutional ban on decreasing judicial salaries by reducing the state's contribution to judges' health insurance premiums, a unanimous First Department panel held on Tuesday.
Eva Talel and E. Gail Suchman : New York Law Journal : May 07, 2014
In their Cooperatives and Condominiums column, Eva Talel and E. Gail Suchman address increasingly assertive techniques used by cable providers in seeking installation access and provides recommendations to boards and managers for protecting the building and its apartment owners from damage to persons or property that may be caused by a cable installation.
Julie Kay : Daily Business Review : May 06, 2014
St. Louis-based Bryan Cave has established a beachhead in Miami, signing a lease for 10,015 square feet at the Southeast Financial Center.