- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 1,654
- Gross Revenues: $2,315,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,400,000
- Profits Per Partner: $2,905,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom has 1654 attorneys and is the 13th largest firm in the United States. With $2,315,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 4th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom ranked as the 4th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, DE, IL, MA, NJ, NY, TX and VA.
In the News
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 03, 2015
M&A league tables for the first half of 2015 compiled by Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters show Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom leading the pack among legal advisers, while several other Am Law 100 firms prepare to fete the Fourth of July with some insurance-related transactional work.
Zoe Tillman : Legal Times : July 01, 2015
Former White House lawyer J. Michael Farren, who was found guilty last year of attempted murder for assaulting his former wife, has been disbarred in the District of Columbia.
Michael D. Goldhaber : Focus Europe : July 01, 2015
The 10 biggest disputes from our 2015 survey, ranked by the amount in controversy.
Tom Brennan and Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : July 01, 2015
China National Nuclear Power IPO, 58.com/Ganji, Daiichi/Sun Pharma and more of the Asia-Pacific region's largest recent transactions.
Rebecca Geiger : Global Lawyer News : July 01, 2015
In the largest recent M&A deals across Europe, which law firms got the work?
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 01, 2015
A leading structured finance team leaves Ashurst for Paul Hastings; a Quinn Emanuel associate development director moves on; Dentons closes on a combination; DLA Piper bolts on a boutique Down Under; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : July 01, 2015
As the gateway to Southeast Asia, Singapore continues to be a hot spot for global law firms. To thrive in such a competitive legal market, firms need to be smart about where they invest their resources.
Celia Ampel : Daily Business Review : June 30, 2015
A team of South Florida attorneys won a class action settlement from Anheuser-Busch Cos. on false advertising claims about the origin of Beck's beer.
Susan Beck : The American Lawyer : June 29, 2015
Some firms famously underwrite public service stints for young lawyers, but many don't.
: New York Law Journal : June 29, 2015
The First Decade Committee of the Federal Bar Council, in conjunction with its Public Service Committee, presented awards for pro bono service.
Ginny LaRoe : The National Law Journal : June 29, 2015
For smaller legal departments, formal policies aren't necessarily as effective as something more intimate.
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : June 29, 2015
Amanda Bronstad : The National Law Journal : June 29, 2015
After a judge tossed out a bellwether case in 2013, lawyers at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom moved for the dismissal of 650 additional lawsuits that linked osteoporosis drug Fosamax to femoral fractures.
: The National Law Journal : June 29, 2015
In this special report, The National Law Journal takes the measure of litigation departments in our nation's capital.
Scott Flaherty, Scott Graham and Rebekah Mintzer : The American Lawyer : June 29, 2015
Apple v. Samsung; Eon Corp. v. AT&T Mobility; ASCAP v. Pandora; Chicago v. Purdue Pharma
Susan Beck : The American Lawyer : June 29, 2015
At best, the nation's biggest and wealthiest firms donate 0.1 percent of revenue to legal aid, an institution in crisis. Isn't it time for more of them to pledge serious money?
Scott Flaherty : The American Lawyer : June 29, 2015
Ruling in litigation over the 2008 bailout of American International Group, a judge cites formerly privileged emails from Davis Polk & Wardwell lawyers to bolster his criticism of the federal government's actions.
Andrew Denney : New York Law Journal : June 26, 2015
Alan Levine, a senior litigation partner in Cooley's New York office, on July 1 will become the chair of the board of trustees for The Jewish Theological Seminary, the flagship institution for Conservative Judaism.
Jeff Storey : New York Law Journal : June 26, 2015
McGregor Smyth, 41, is the executive director of New York Lawyers for the Public Interest (NYLPI), part of what he calls a "community lawyering" movement that "augments the necessary work of traditional legal services by combining individual representation and impact litigation with policy advocacy and community organizing. "
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 25, 2015
The Am Law 100 firm took the lead this week for clients such as The Williams Companies, Cigna and Delhaize on a trio of potential deals totaling some $124 billion in value.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : June 25, 2015
Lone Star Funds of Dallas has agreed to acquire Home Properties, of Rochester, for $7.6 billion, including assumed debt.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 25, 2015
From Fitbit to Fogo de Chão, capital markets lawyers at Am Law 100 firms are reaping the benefits from a fresh round of initial public offerings, as June shapes up to be potentially the best month by volume for U.S. listings since 1999.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : June 25, 2015
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Mark Dubois : The Connecticut Law Tribune : June 25, 2015
The case of made it to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit the other day, and should make for some interesting reading, though I doubt it will change the law any.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : June 24, 2015
State-owned Tsinghua University is paying $2.3 billion for a majority stake in a new joint venture that includes Hewlett-Packard's network, server and storage business in China.
Joel Stashenko : New York Law Journal : June 23, 2015
Chief Judge Jonathan Lippman has appointed Alvin Perlmutter to the state Commission on Judicial Nomination, a move that will allow Perlmutter to help find Lippman's successor.
Tania Karas : Global Lawyer News : June 23, 2015
A new Competition Commissioner and a surge in M&A are keeping antitrust lawyers busy in the European Union's capital.
: The Recorder : June 22, 2015
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
Joel Stashenko : New York Law Journal : June 22, 2015
Less than a month before the state Commission on Judicial Nomination must give the governor seven candidates for chief judge, Judith Kaye, who chairs the panel, said only a "very small" number of people have applied.
Julie Triedman : New York Law Journal : June 22, 2015
One of the country's best-known and most experienced commercial litigators, Barry Ostrager, has joined New York's state judiciary and is hearing cases in his area of specialty, commercial law.