- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 961
- Gross Revenues: $1,278,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,330,000
- Profits Per Partner: $3,470,000
- Year Over Year Change: 1
Simpson Thacher & Bartlett is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett has 929 attorneys and is the 29th largest firm in the United States. With $1,245,500,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 17th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett ranked as the 22nd highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, NM, NY, OH and TX.
In the News
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : April 26, 2016
Revenue and profit growth cooled at most of the largest New York law firms in 2015 after several years of rapid growth.
Ben Bedell : New York Law Journal : April 25, 2016
A unanimous First Department panel said Thursday that even though the appeal was moot, rulings of Family Court Judge Stewart Weinstein that a fetus is a "child" under New York's Family Court Act had to be dropped because they "may spawn legal consequences or be cited as precedent."
MP McQueen : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
Targeting a new generation of clients, website designs aim to make attorneys seem more likable.
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
Mixed signals in the financial sector and the end of recession-related litigation held profits down in New York.
James Booth : Legal Week : April 22, 2016
The law firms are acting in battle for French electrical retailer Darty, which is being pursued by South Africa's Steinhoff and French company Fnac.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 21, 2016
Wachtell, Skadden, Cleary Gottlieb and King & Wood Mallesons are advising on a $3.6 billion acquisition of U.S. printer maker Lexmark International Inc. by a Chinese-led consortium.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : April 18, 2016
A team from Simpson Thacher & Bartlett won a groundbreaking appellate decision reversing class certification in a securities action against firm client Best Buy Co. Inc.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 18, 2016
A four-lawyer team leaves Dykema Gossett to start their own shop; Norton Rose Fulbright nabs a dealmaker who nearly died in an African plane crash; a Seyfarth Shaw practice leader joins a high-profile boutique; and other notable additions from The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 17, 2016
After a slow start to 2016, capital markets in the U.S. are finally warming up with a bevy of high-profile public listings for a pair of big casino companies, as well as an electronic exchange operator, all of whom are sending millions in legal fees to Am Law 100 coffers.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : April 12, 2016
The U.S. private equity firm is buying the Indian outsourcing company from Hewlett Packard Enterprise in its largest acquisition in the country.
: The National Law Journal : April 11, 2016
: New York Law Journal : April 11, 2016
Mary Kay Vyskocil was inducted as a U.S. Bankruptcy Judge for the Southern District of New York on April 7, at a ceremony at the Thurgood Marshall Courthouse in Foley Square.
Ben Bedell : New York Law Journal : April 11, 2016
The Commercial Division justice assigned to hear residential mortgage-backed securities cases issued companion rulings March 29 that limited the use of the CPLR's "savings provision" by the plaintiffs' bar to revive cases dismissed on statute of limitations grounds.
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : April 08, 2016
Vanity Fair-like portraits. Profiles that convey spark and personality. Throughout The Am Law 200, firms are remaking their sites—to the tune of $200,000 to more than $1 million.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 07, 2016
Amid a downturn in deal volume on the heels of a record-breaking 2015, White & Case and Simpson, Thacher & Bartlett found themselves front and center for M&A league tables for the first quarter of 2016.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : April 06, 2016
Tokyo-based passenger-car tire maker Yokohama Rubber is buying industrial tire manufacturer Alliance Tire Group from buyout firm KKR.
: New York Law Journal : April 06, 2016
The New York Law Journal congratulates the 42 young lawyers chosen as 2016 Rising Stars by a panel of 24 esteemed judges.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : April 05, 2016
Lateral partner moves in Big Law tend to be highly scripted affairs, but sometimes the players go off script.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : April 05, 2016
The silver lining? There are still nine months to go.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : April 04, 2016
Out-of-state firms continue to move into Houston, the nation's energy capital, despite the low oil and gas prices.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : April 03, 2016
Did the documentary "Blackfish" hurt attendance at SeaWorld? A federal judge last week ruled that plaintiffs in a putative securities fraud class action couldn't prove that it did.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : March 31, 2016
The firm advised on two deals announced this week worth a combined $5 billion.
: The American Lawyer : March 28, 2016
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : March 28, 2016
Will Latham & Watkins' high-profile new hires in Hong Kong allow it to pull away from the pack?
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : March 28, 2016
Simpson Thacher & Bartlett and Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom took the lead in the biggest tech-industry deal ever.
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : March 28, 2016
In a year of superlatives, Am Law 200 firms took the lead on some of the biggest, most complicated deals ever.
Kim Kleman : The American Lawyer : March 28, 2016
The American Lawyer recognizes the best-of-the-best transactional lawyers during a record year.
: The Am Law Daily : March 28, 2016
It was a cherry of a year for corporate transactions. Meet the lawyers behind the best work.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : March 28, 2016
Wiley Rein's food and drug leader decamps for DLA Piper; Mayer Brown recruits a key Verizon in-house lawyer; Skadden hires from a high-profile boutique; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.