- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 961
- Gross Revenues: $1,278,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,330,000
- Profits Per Partner: $3,470,000
- Year Over Year Change: 1
Simpson Thacher & Bartlett is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2016 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett has 961 attorneys and is the 26th largest firm in the United States. With $1,278,000,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 16th on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett ranked as the 22nd highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, NM, NY, OH and TX.
In the News
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 07, 2016
Those controversial deal tables are out again, with White & Case, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett, Sullivan & Cromwell and Davis Polk & Wardwell all jockeying for position as the quarterly so-called King of M&A.
: New York Law Journal : July 07, 2016
The New York Law Journal announces the 2016 honorees for Lawyers Who Lead by Example in three categories: Lifetime Achievement, Public Service and Pro Bono. The attorneys will be featured in a special section and honored at a dinner on Sept. 20.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 06, 2016
Three new laterals at Orrick; a pair of Honigman practice leaders land at Foley & Lardner; Gibson Dunn recruits from the Justice Department; Latham & Watkins welcomes a top SEC official; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Frances Ivens : Legal Week : July 05, 2016
Allen & Overy's China IP head Benjamin Bai is leaving the firm to join China's Ant Financial as vice-president and chief IP counsel.
Rebecca Geiger : Focus Europe : July 01, 2016
The law firms with roles in the largest recent M&A deals across Europe.
: The American Lawyer : July 01, 2016
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : July 01, 2016
Ricci Dipshan : Legaltech News : June 27, 2016
Cybersecurity risks brought on by high employee turnover and file sharing are easy fixes with proactive information governance.
Zachary Melvin : The American Lawyer : June 27, 2016
Simpson Thacher, Debevoise and other firms partner with a nonprofit to foster commerce in the South Bronx.
: The American Lawyer : June 27, 2016
The American Lawyer's latest survey of Big Law's pro efforts, from law firm rankings to project profiles and the state of the Justice Gap.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : June 24, 2016
As top transactional lawyers sought to calm nervous clients Friday after Britain's vote to leave the EU, several said that they were bracing for the possibility of a two-year drought in their most highly leveraged, profitable business: advising on cross-border M&A deals.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : June 24, 2016
That's one way to understand a data analysis that found the firm's fingerprints all over the agreement to buy LinkedIn for $26.2 billion.
Rose Walker : Legal Week : June 20, 2016
The Magic Circle firm joins the ongoing U.S. associate pay war, announcing pay rise for first-year U.S. associates to $180,000
Anna Zhang and Frances Ivens : The Asian Lawyer : June 20, 2016
While Global firms race to match Cravath's new associate salary scale in New York and the rest of the U.S., they are more cautious when it comes to increasing salaries in Asia.
Rick Kopstein, Photographer : New York Law Journal : June 17, 2016
MFY Legal Services celebrated its 53rd year serving indigent New Yorkers at their yearly theatre benefit at the Edison Ballroom on June 15. Honored were Simpson, Thacher & Bartlett and Pillsbury, Winthrop, Shaw & Pittman for their outstanding pro bono work on behalf of New Yorkers with disabilities.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 17, 2016
From industrial chemicals to traffic cones, one of the last weeks of spring provided a plethora of transactional opportunities for dozens of Am Law 100 firms.
James Booth and Brian Baxter : New York Law Journal : June 16, 2016
A half-dozen Am Law 100 firms have landed roles on one of the year's largest technology deals, Microsoft Corp.'s proposed $26.2 billion acquisition announced Monday of LinkedIn Corp.
: New York Law Journal : June 15, 2016
Skadden has promoted seven attorneys to counsel, while several other firms announce new additions, including Littler Mendelson, Kramer Levin and Greenberg Traurig.
Bloomberg News : Daily Business Review : June 14, 2016
Simpson Thacher advised Microsoft and Wilson Sonsini represents LinkIn on the dela valuing the networking site at $196 per share.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : June 14, 2016
Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton is representing Japanese messaging app Line Corp. on a planned initial public offering that could raise $900 million. Listing is planned for Tokyo and New York.
Frances Ivens and Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : June 14, 2016
Milbank, Kirkland, Simpson Thacher, Paul Weiss, Weil and Davis Polk have confirmed associates pay increase will include those based in Asia.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : June 13, 2016
Davis Polk & Wardwell, Fenwick & West, Ropes & Gray, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett and Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati are advising on Symantec Corp.'s $4.65 billion buy of Blue Coat Systems Inc. from buyout giant Bain Capital LP.
C. Ryan Barber : The National Law Journal : June 13, 2016
Consumer protection lawyers for Pennsylvania and the District of Columbia were mere spectators as federal regulators challenged Staples' proposed $6.3 billion purchase of Office Depot and should not be entitled to tens of thousands of dollars in legal fees, the companies tell a federal judge in Washington.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 13, 2016
Former eBay general counsel Michael Jacobson returns to Cooley in Silicon Valley; a Kirkland & Ellis seeks a shave; Greenberg Traurig grows in Israel; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Ian Lopez : Legaltech News : June 09, 2016
Cyrus Vance's discussion at Bloomberg BNA's Big Law Business Summit addressed phishing, Apple's battle with the FBI, and more.
: New York Law Journal : June 07, 2016
Lesley Peng's practice at Simpson Thacher & Bartlett focuses on corporate finance and general corporate matters, and she has represented both issuers and underwriters in initial public offerings, high-yield and investment grade debt financings, convertible debt offerings, preferred stock offerings and other public and private corporate finance transactions.
: New York Law Journal : June 07, 2016
Daniel Lavon-Krein has brought in more clients than any other private funds partner since joining Kirkland & Ellis in 2011. His global practice reflects his background, language skills and cultural experiences of someone who was born and raised in Europe and is fluent in German and French.
: New York Law Journal : June 07, 2016
Doug Bacon was drawn to mergers and acquisitions by the field's intellectually challenging and dynamic aspects.
: New York Law Journal : June 07, 2016
Growing up in public housing in Hartford, Connecticut, Juan Arteaga was captivated by the turbulent 1960s, particularly the American civil rights movement and the crucial role played by attorneys.
Charles Toutant : New Jersey Law Journal : June 06, 2016
A Tax Court of New Jersey decision has made it easier for plaintiffs challenging the breadth of Princeton University's tax-exempt status.