- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 929
- Gross Revenues: $1,245,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,340,000
- Profits Per Partner: $3,485,000
- Year Over Year Change: 3
Simpson Thacher & Bartlett is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett has 929 attorneys and is the 29th largest firm in the United States. With $1,245,500,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 17th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett ranked as the 25th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, NM, NY, OH and TX.
In the News
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : August 31, 2015
Vijay Sekhon is the latest lateral hire for the corporate department there.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : August 27, 2015
Tony Wang, who had been with Weil's Shanghai office, joins OMM's Newport Beach branch.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : August 27, 2015
Dealmakers saw the upside of sunken oil prices yet again this week.
: The American Lawyer : August 24, 2015
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : August 20, 2015
John Minan has hit the sweet spot for lawyers. The University of San Diego School of Law professor, who specializes in water, property and land-use law, has created a greener side hustle by writing about and teaching courses on golf law. This interview is part of an occasional NLJ summer series about diversions from Big Law.
Jennifer Henderson and Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : August 20, 2015
Sprout Pharmaceuticals didn't have to wait long for a big-name buyer to spring big bucks for the nascent drug developer. Sullivan & Cromwell took the lead for the company, founded in 2011, on its $1 billion sale this week to longtime Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom client Valeant Pharmaceuticals International.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : August 13, 2015
The Osaka-based company is the latest Japanese life insurer to seek growth through acquisitions in the U.S.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : August 13, 2015
Google turns to its longtime M&A counsel at Cleary Gottlieb to create a new holding company for the search giant, plus a rundown of this week's other megadeals and the law firms scrambling to keep them on track.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : August 11, 2015
Manatt loses another partner to Sidley in Los Angeles; Debevoise makes do with a pair of IP departures; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : August 10, 2015
The Chinese ecommerce giant has turned again to its U.S. law firm of choice for an investment in bricks-and-mortar electronics retailer Suning.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : August 07, 2015
Simpson Thacher lawyer helped tip the balance in a venue fight between Apple and an Israeli patent holder.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : August 06, 2015
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : August 06, 2015
When Coca-Cola bottlers combine to create the largest independent bottler for the mega beverage brand, they need a fountain of law firms to seal the deal. Plus, the pharma M&A frenzy continues in our latest roundup of billion-dollar deals.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 05, 2015
Alan Schnitzer, a former partner at Simpson Thacher & Bartlett, is named CEO of The Travelers Cos., the same week that financial regulators approve a reform requiring public companies to disclose the pay ratio between their leaders and rank-and-file workers.
Ben Bedell : New York Law Journal : August 05, 2015
A closing argument that alleged the defense's witnesses were liars and their testimony was "disgusting" and "reprehensible" did not deprive the defendants of a fair trial, a split First Department panel ruled Tuesday.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : August 04, 2015
An error by attorneys that rendered a $1.5 billion secured loan to General Motors unsecured has led one loan participant to sue JPMorgan Chase Bank and its counsel, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett, for negligence.
: The National Law Journal : August 03, 2015
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 03, 2015
Kirkland & Ellis makes a pair of key additions in New York and London from Simpson Thacher & Bartlett and Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer; Lewis Brisbois expands again; one partner joins his fourth firm within a year; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : August 03, 2015
Everybody makes mistakes. But what happens when a mistake costs a client $1.5 billion?
: Corporate Counsel : August 01, 2015
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 30, 2015
A bevy of transactions in the pharmaceutical industry and industrial sector in Europe helped make the past week a big one for M&A, with more than a dozen billion-dollar deals being announced.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : July 28, 2015
Burford Capital, the world's largest litigation funder, is getting into the business of lending to law firms, the firm's CEO announced during an earnings call Tuesday. Burford announced record income and record amounts of new investments during the first half of 2015.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : July 28, 2015
Firm leaders say it's a good time to invest in Southern California talent.
David Bario, Susan Beck, Scott Flaherty, Marissa Kendall and Rebekah Mintzer : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
U.S. v. Rainey; Davies v. Broadcom; In the matter of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts; ACE Securities v. DB Structured Products; Cook v. Rockwell; Capitol Records v. Sirius XM; Gold v. Anthem
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 27, 2015
Following the completion Friday of AT&T's $48.5 billion acquisition of DirecTV, The Am Law Daily caught up with AT&T's go-to antitrust lawyers.
Jim Schroeder : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
The next tier of firms in our A-List rankings, and what they need to do to step up.
American Lawyer staff reporting : The Asian Lawyer : July 24, 2015
Am Law 200 and Global 100 firms active in China appear reluctant to join the bar associations around the world that have expressed support for the lawyers detained by the Chinese government in July.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 23, 2015
Anthem's $48 billion takeover bid for Cigna and AT&T's successful $48 billion acquisition of DirecTV provided work for dozens of lawyers at Am Law 100 firms.
Michael D. Goldhaber : The Am Law Daily : July 23, 2015
The contest attracted 225 strong entries across 30 categories, and honors firms and legal departments involved in the globe's most distinguished deals, disputes and social initiatives.
Gina Passarella : The Legal Intelligencer : July 22, 2015
An insured does not have to demonstrate bad faith in order to settle certain claims without its insurance company's consent, the state Supreme Court has ruled, thereby reinstating an $80 million settlement in personal injury actions against a nuclear facility owner.