- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 929
- Gross Revenues: $1,245,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,340,000
- Profits Per Partner: $3,485,000
- Year Over Year Change: 3
Simpson Thacher & Bartlett is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett has 929 attorneys and is the 29th largest firm in the United States. With $1,245,500,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 17th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett ranked as the 25th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, NM, NY, OH and TX.
In the News
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : July 28, 2015
Burford Capital, the world's largest litigation funder, is getting into the business of lending to law firms, the firm's CEO announced during an earnings call Tuesday. Burford announced record income and record amounts of new investments during the first half of 2015.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : July 28, 2015
Firm leaders say it's a good time to invest in Southern California talent.
David Bario, Susan Beck, Scott Flaherty, Marissa Kendall and Rebekah Mintzer : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
U.S. v. Rainey; Davies v. Broadcom; In the matter of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts; ACE Securities v. DB Structured Products; Cook v. Rockwell; Capitol Records v. Sirius XM; Gold v. Anthem
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 27, 2015
Following the completion Friday of AT&T's $48.5 billion acquisition of DirecTV, The Am Law Daily caught up with AT&T's go-to antitrust lawyers.
Jim Schroeder : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
The next tier of firms in our A-List rankings, and what they need to do to step up.
American Lawyer staff reporting : The Asian Lawyer : July 24, 2015
Am Law 200 and Global 100 firms active in China appear reluctant to join the bar associations around the world that have expressed support for the lawyers detained by the Chinese government in July.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 23, 2015
Anthem's $48 billion takeover bid for Cigna and AT&T's successful $48 billion acquisition of DirecTV provided work for dozens of lawyers at Am Law 100 firms.
Michael D. Goldhaber : The Am Law Daily : July 23, 2015
The contest attracted 225 strong entries across 30 categories, and honors firms and legal departments involved in the globe's most distinguished deals, disputes and social initiatives.
Gina Passarella : The Legal Intelligencer : July 22, 2015
An insured does not have to demonstrate bad faith in order to settle certain claims without its insurance company's consent, the state Supreme Court has ruled, thereby reinstating an $80 million settlement in personal injury actions against a nuclear facility owner.
Peter E. Kazanoff and Paul C. Gluckow : Delaware Business Court Insider : July 22, 2015
At a July 8 hearing in Delaware Court of Chancery Vice Chancellor J. Travis Laster declined to approve a proposed settlement of shareholder litigation challenging the acquisition of Aeroflex by Cobham PLC, a Great Britain-based manufacturing company.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : July 16, 2015
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 15, 2015
Steptoe & Johnson has snagged two new hires for its New York office, including a veteran in-house lawyer and grandson of a former Republican presidential candidate.
: The Recorder : July 13, 2015
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 13, 2015
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission announced a settlement Monday with mortgage banker Frank Tamayo, a cooperator in its insider trading case against former Simpson Thacher & Bartlett managing clerk and attorney Steven Metro.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : July 12, 2015
The U.S. Supreme Court's 2014 ruling in may have transformed the pleading requirements for ERISA plaintiffs, but it couldn't save claims against the administrators for Lehman Brothers Holding Inc.'s employee stock ownership plan.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 08, 2015
The Beltway base of Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld absorbs two veteran litigators; Hogan Lovells hires three Baker Botts litigators in Texas; McDermott and Pillsbury poach new partners; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : July 07, 2015
Shuang Zhao specializes in taking Chinese companies public in the U.S.
Angela Neville : Texas Lawyer : July 07, 2015
The sale will include 25 renewable energy projects in four states with a total of 65 megawatts of nameplate generating capacity, according to Talen Energy's corporate communications director, George Lewis.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : July 05, 2015
Joshua Walker, a Lex Machina founder, advises on IP transactions.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 05, 2015
Latham & Watkins corporate partner Graeme Sloan in London joined Morrison & Foerster as co-chair of its M&A group; Covington & Burling brings back a high-profile former U.S. attorney general; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : July 03, 2015
Capital markets lawyer Johneth Chongseo Park makes the move from Simpson Thacher & Bartlett.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 03, 2015
M&A league tables for the first half of 2015 compiled by Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters show Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom leading the pack among legal advisers, while several other Am Law 100 firms prepare to fete the Fourth of July with some insurance-related transactional work.
Rebecca Geiger : Global Lawyer News : July 01, 2015
In the largest recent M&A deals across Europe, which law firms got the work?
: Corporate Counsel : July 01, 2015
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : July 01, 2015
As the gateway to Southeast Asia, Singapore continues to be a hot spot for global law firms. To thrive in such a competitive legal market, firms need to be smart about where they invest their resources.
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : June 29, 2015
Tony Mauro and Marcia Coyle : New York Law Journal : June 29, 2015
Same-sex couples have a constitutionally protected right to marry, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled Friday in a history-making victory for the gay civil rights movement.
Sheri Qualters : The National Law Journal : June 29, 2015
The legal team at Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc. makes sure the doors can stay open at the company's more than 4,300 properties and that management, shareholders and regulators have a smooth experience with the legal department.
Scott Flaherty, Scott Graham and Rebekah Mintzer : The American Lawyer : June 29, 2015
Apple v. Samsung; Eon Corp. v. AT&T Mobility; ASCAP v. Pandora; Chicago v. Purdue Pharma
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : June 29, 2015
The Carlyle Group L.P., the Washington-based private-equity firm, went public three years ago, but the legal and compliance teams have kept their close-knit culture.