- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Newark
- Head Count: 140
- Gross Revenues: N/A
- Revenue Per Lawyer: N/A
- Profits Per Partner: N/A
- Year Over Year Change: 0
Sills Cummis & Gross is a Newark-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Sills Cummis & Gross has 137 attorneys and is the 299th largest firm in the United States. The firm has offices in CA, DC, NJ and NY.
In the News
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : October 08, 2015
A trio of laterals that has helped Price, Meese, Shulman & D'Arminio grow its attorney roster by about a third is also the latest in a string of defections from the firm known until recently as Nowell Amoroso Klein Bierman.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : October 05, 2015
After shedding its three-lawyer family law unit earlier this year, Riker Danzig Scherer Hyland & Perretti has relaunched that practice with a pair of laterals, including a former Fox Rothschild partner.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : September 25, 2015
New Jersey firms once again have a presence in an annual survey of which firms are getting the call to advise the country's top-earning corporations in litigation matters.
: New Jersey Law Journal : September 25, 2015
Michael Booth : New Jersey Law Journal : September 16, 2015
Environmental groups hoping to have New Jersey's controversial $225 million settlement with Exxon Mobil Corp. rejected on appeal are going to have to come to court armed with more than just the argument that the state could and should have gotten more money, according to appellate and environmental attorneys.
Michael Booth : New Jersey Law Journal : August 06, 2015
Burlington County Superior Court Judge Michael Hogan, who retired on New Year's Day 2012 and who has been serving on a recall basis since January 2013, finds himself very much in the spotlight in what has become one the most polarizing lawsuits in the state: Hogan is expected to decide by the end of the month whether to approve the $225 million settlement agreement reached between the administration of Gov. Chris Christie and ExxonMobil over contamination claims.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : July 30, 2015
In the wake of the U.S. Supreme Court's landmark ruling that legalized same-sex marriage nationwide, observers were quick to point out the obvious benefits to family practitioners. Weeks later, however, lawyers in family and related practice areas in New Jersey appear skeptical whether significant business gains are in the offing.
: New Jersey Law Journal : July 30, 2015
: New Jersey Law Journal : July 24, 2015
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : July 14, 2015
A federal appeals panel has upheld the dismissal of a suit claiming that a former employee of Sills Cummis & Gross, apparently a casualty of layoffs, was actually let go because of his advanced age.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 01, 2015
A leading structured finance team leaves Ashurst for Paul Hastings; a Quinn Emanuel associate development director moves on; Dentons closes on a combination; DLA Piper bolts on a boutique Down Under; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : June 29, 2015
After a decade of referring out matrimonial and related matters, Sills Cummis & Gross has launched a new family practice with defectors from two other New Jersey firms.
: New Jersey Law Journal : June 19, 2015
Kelley Drye & Warren in Parsippany has brought on board 10 attorneys. Plus: Summer associates at Lindbury and Petro Cohen Petro Matarazzo opens a new office in this week's column.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : June 10, 2015
Connell Foley, making good on plans to reestablish a meaningful physical presence in the city it called home for nearly five decades, has opened the doors to its new office space in Newark.
: New Jersey Law Journal : June 09, 2015
Earlier this year, the Law Journal asked the New Jersey legal community to submit nominations for our annual New Leaders of the Bar. The nominations came pouring in, dozens upon dozens of them, all demonstrating the impressive work being done by young lawyers across the state.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : June 08, 2015
Though nationwide lawyer head count was essentially flat last year, New Jersey firms still lost ground in a ranking of the most populous firms in the U.S.
: New Jersey Law Journal : June 04, 2015
Tracking summer hiring at N.J.'s largest firms.
: New Jersey Law Journal : May 29, 2015
Tracking revenue and census changes at New Jersey-based firms.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : May 29, 2015
Though individual performance has varied greatly, a majority of New Jersey's largest homegrown firms took steps back in gross revenue and attorney head count last fiscal year, and a few are even behind where they were five years ago.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : May 28, 2015
Once again just four New Jersey-based firms made the cut in the recently released Am Law 200, and none gained or lost significant ground in the rankings despite some revenue changes.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : May 15, 2015
A recent $1.2 million fee suit by Sills Cummis & Gross against an ex-client has turned out to be just the latest chapter in a much lengthier saga: The underlying case—which includes an allegedly botched contract in a $24 million real estate deal and accusations of unethical conduct against a New Jersey attorney—is a story still unfolding.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : May 12, 2015
Sills Cummis & Gross of Newark has filed a suit against an attorney, her husband and their financial advisory firm, claiming the couple failed to pay more than $1.2 million in legal fees racked up in connection with a business dispute.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : May 07, 2015
The number of nonequity partners has continued to grow at bellwether firms and branches in New Jersey, and now makes up nearly half of partner ranks.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : April 30, 2015
Add up all the time spent on the practice, firm management, securing new clients and keeping current one's law license, and there's not abundant time left to ponder the future. But it's something firms small and large need to improve upon, attorneys and legal consultants said.
: New Jersey Law Journal : April 24, 2015
In this year's survey, the has ranked firms based on head counts and revenue from New Jersey offices and lawyers only, even for firms headquartered in the state.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : April 24, 2015
The New Jersey Law Journal's 2015 survey of top-grossing firms and branches in the state looks different in many ways from years past, but almost all the familiar names remain.