- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Miami
- Head Count: 249
- Gross Revenues: $147,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $590,000
- Profits Per Partner: $740,000
- Year Over Year Change: N/A
Shutts & Bowen is a Miami-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Shutts & Bowen has 235 attorneys and is the 175th largest firm in the United States. With $147,000,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 168th on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in FL.
In the News
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 16, 2016
A year after WilmerHale consolidated its London operations, one longtime partner has left for McDermott Will & Emery; Jones Day hires a trio; Shearman & Sterling snags one from Boies Schiller; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Carla Vianna : Daily Business Review : June 15, 2016
The 55-story tower and 15-story garage being offered by JPMorgan Chase is expected to trade for north of $645 million.
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : June 14, 2016
More charts from The American Lawyer's annual Diversity Scorecard reveal the racial and ethnic demographics of individual law firms.
Carla Vianna : Daily Business Review : June 08, 2016
Antonio "Tony" Martinez retires from Shutts & Bowen after 52 years. He speaks about the changes he's witnessed since his first day at the firm.
Samantha Joseph : Daily Business Review : June 02, 2016
George Andrews leaves Shutts & Bowen to take on consumer protection litigation.
Noreen Marcus : Daily Business Review : May 24, 2016
The case of a man walking down the street with a holstered .38-caliber pistol raises all kinds of gun-rights issues.
Julie Kay : Daily Business Review : May 23, 2016
Florida law firms, in contrast to the national average, pushed up revenue to climb in the Am Law 200 rankings.
Associated Press : Daily Business Review : May 11, 2016
Two children of Hugh Sulverhouse Sr.'s late widow are refusing to release her body from a funeral home in a dispute with a grandson, who had power of attorney.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 09, 2016
A nonprofit published a database of offshore entities culled from leaked documents at Panama's Mossack Fonseca. But while the names of dozens of law firms emerged in the disclosures, internal emails and other source materials remained out of public view.
Julie Kay : Daily Business Review : April 20, 2016
Gov. Rick Scott has appointed Shutts & Bowen partner Linda Robison to the Broward Health board, filling one of two seats left open when he suspended two members.
Noreen Marcus : Daily Business Review : April 19, 2016
A federal appeals court rules for the operator of a defunct imaging company and against U.S. Bancorp in a case that hinged on filing deadlines.
Celia Ampel : Daily Business Review : March 29, 2016
Former City Commissioner Marc Sarnoff of Shutts & Bowen was appointed to the Florida International University board of trustees.
Julie Kay : Daily Business Review : March 29, 2016
Alumni of the Florida International University evening law program have donated more than $50,000 to help second-career law students.
Mary Hladky, Special to the Review : Daily Business Review : March 23, 2016
Shutts & Bowen's Florentino Gonzalez, Jean-Charles Dibbs and David Coviello needed about 13 months to lock up a deal for NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises to build a $250 million global headquarters.
Noreen Marcus : Daily Business Review : March 15, 2016
A decision by Circuit Judge William Pryor cites a book by the late Justice Antonin Scalia is rejecting a consumer appeal.
Julie Kay : Daily Business Review : February 29, 2016
Akerman, Florida's largest law firm by number of attorneys, ended the fiscal year on solid ground, reporting a 4 percent boost in gross revenue to $337 million and a 5.5 percent rise in profit per partner to $675,000.
Julie Kay : Daily Business Review : February 18, 2016
Greenberg Traurig reports a 4 percent increase in gross revenue to $1.32 billion and a 4.5 percent increase to 1,809 lawyers.
Julie Kay : Daily Business Review : February 18, 2016
In a tepid year for the legal industry, Miami-based Shutts & Bowen had record revenue and a 7.7 percent gain in gross revenue.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : February 15, 2016
After closing its Moscow office, K&L Gates doubles down in Australia; Greenberg Traurig grabs a Goodwin Procter securities litigator; high-powered lawyers leave Vinson & Elkins and Morgan Lewis in Houston; and other key additions from around The Am Law 200.
: Daily Business Review : February 11, 2016
Reports for the Daily Business Review's annual firm finance coverage are coming in. Check back often to this page for the latest insights on firm revenue, net income and other metrics.
Samantha Joseph : Daily Business Review : February 04, 2016
A long-running dispute over the distribution of proceeds from the sale of the ritzy Surf Club has become "a test of wits" for the lawyers, according to club attorney Robert Zarco, who said former members filed a 227-page lawsuit with 30 causes of action to intimidate the other side.
Julie Kay : Daily Business Review : February 02, 2016
Marc Sarnoff, who was forced out of office in November by term limits, is a partner in ithe law firm's Miami office.
: The National Law Journal : January 11, 2016
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.