- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Los Angeles
- Head Count: 584
- Gross Revenues: $510,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $875,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,365,000
- Year Over Year Change: 1
Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton is a Los Angeles-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton has 584 attorneys and is the 69th largest firm in the United States. With $510,500,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 64th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton ranked as the 77th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, IL and NY.
In the News
Scott Flaherty : The American Lawyer : June 29, 2015
The hip-hop group wins a copyright infringement case, but only gets a fraction of the legal fees it sought.
: The National Law Journal : June 29, 2015
Laterals, new arrivals and promotions in this week's column.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 28, 2015
Kirkland snags a top London tax partner but loses three others; McKenna Long & Aldridge sees more lateral movement ahead of its deal with Dentons; Shearman & Sterling opens in Saudi Arabia; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Bethany Hengsbach : Corporate Counsel : June 24, 2015
Before jumping into the Cuban market, U.S. companies need to be cognizant of, and prepare for, the significant Foreign Corrupt Practices Act risks of doing business there.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : June 23, 2015
The Federal Circuit's decision affirming Judge Jeffrey White skirts the question of how early Section 101 challenges should be considered.
: The Recorder : June 22, 2015
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
Zoe Ferguson : The Litigation Daily : June 22, 2015
In a turn of events, Sirius XM Radio and its lawyers at O'Melveny & Myers convinced a Florida judge that the founders of the 60s rock group the Turtles can't stop the radio company from playing their music.
: New Jersey Law Journal : June 18, 2015
A server at a New Jersey Houlihan's restaurant has filed a complaint in the District of New Jersey alleging the restaurant chain unlawfully requires servers to engage in tip pooling with employees who are not traditionally tipped.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 17, 2015
The Magic Circle firm snags a senior Simpson Thacher & Bartlett civil litigation partner in New York; Sheppard Mullin adds a three-lawyer IP team from Pillsbury; King & Spalding opens in Tokyo; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : June 16, 2015
The judge declined to award the $2.4 million in legal fees that the Beastie Boys had requested after a copyright victory over the maker of Monster energy drink, granting instead less than $668,000.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : June 15, 2015
Partners to join Del Mar and D.C. offices.
: The Recorder : June 15, 2015
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 14, 2015
Willkie Farr, Winston & Strawn and Sheppard Mullin make hires from two struggling firms with California roots; Blank Rome bolts on an IP boutique in Houston; Fried Frank loses its last partner in Asia; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Robert J. Stumpf Jr., Karin Vogel and Guylyn Cummins : Corporate Counsel : June 12, 2015
In-house counsel who manage their companies' litigation would be wise to establish and facilitate communication between their lead trial counsel and appellate specialists.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 10, 2015
Ahead of its proposed combination with Dentons, more partners have left McKenna Long & Aldridge, even as the latter makes a hire of its own; Latham & Watkins lands another O'Melveny & Myers rainmaker; Nelson Mullins and Barnes & Thornburg open new offices; Delta Air Lines taps Dorsey & Whitney for a new legal chief; and more notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Paul Cowie and Kevin Jackson : Employment Law Strategist : June 09, 2015
It is critical that employers follow accepted best practices and protocols to ensure that electronically distributed documents are enforceable. After all, that's why employees are asked to sign them in the first place.
Amanda Bronstad : The National Law Journal : June 08, 2015
Numbers sank at a few shops that shed underperformers or lost lawyers to the competition.
Michael J. Chilleen and Brad Leimkuhler : Corporate Counsel : June 05, 2015
When the Americans with Disabilities Act was enacted in 1990, the Internet was only in its nascent stage. Now, some courts are extending the ADA's reach to websites that offer and sell goods or services to the public.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 03, 2015
McDermott Will & Emery adds 17 lawyers from K&L Gates and a Chicago-based IP boutique; three firms make additions through mergers; more McKenna Long & Aldridge partners peel away ahead of the latter's deal with Dentons; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Vivia Chen : The Careerist : June 01, 2015
If more couples decided that he should stay home with the kids, women lawyers would thrive.
Randy Evans, Shari Klevens and Suzanne Y. Badawi : The Recorder : June 01, 2015
Attorneys should weigh the risks posed by inconsistent ethics rules and legal malpractice exposure under laws of multiple states.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : June 01, 2015
With case near trial, Panasonic, Hitachi and other electronics manufacturers agreed to settle indirect-purchaser claims over cathode ray tubes.
: The National Law Journal : June 01, 2015
New arrivals and lateral moves in this week's column.
Susan Beck : The Litigation Daily : May 30, 2015
Changing lawyers hasn't changed fortunes so far for Sirius XM Radio Inc. in its copyright battle with the founders of the 60s rock group The Turtles.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 30, 2015
Three partners head to Hogan Loveless; Fried Frank raids Kirkland & Ellis in London; another Dickstein Shapiro partner departs; a Florida firm goes on a hiring spree; and more notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : May 28, 2015
Louis Lehot had been at Cooley for the past two years.
Brian Baxter and
Nell Gluckman : The American Lawyer : May 28, 2015
In messages now posted online, Sony in-house lawyers discuss their outside counsel—not always favorably.
MP McQueen : The American Lawyer : May 28, 2015
The percentage of minorities at large law firms hasn't changed much in seven years, our Diversity Scorecard shows.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : May 21, 2015
The dangers of "consumer-to-consumer" marketing, or giving out product samples in exchange for social media and public relations buzz.
Katelyn Polantz : Legal Times : May 21, 2015
Inside the private law firm oversight of the New Orleans police force, and how one major D.C. law and lobbying firm supports Hillary Clinton's campaign for president. This is a round-up of legal news from ALM and around the country.