- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 821
- Gross Revenues: $845,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,030,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,905,000
- Year Over Year Change: -1
Shearman & Sterling is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Shearman & Sterling has 821 attorneys and is the 41st largest firm in the United States. With $845,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 34th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Shearman & Sterling ranked as the 42nd highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC and NY.
In the News
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : October 08, 2015
Anheuser-Busch InBev has sidled up with Sullivan & Cromwell in its ongoing effort to merge with alcoholic beverage industry rival SABMiller.
Mark Hamblett : New York Law Journal : October 06, 2015
Southern District U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara has lost his last chance to reverse a decision that makes it more difficult for prosecutors to win convictions in insider trading cases.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : October 04, 2015
Another practice leader leaves Kaye Scholer; Blank Rome bags a handful of new hires; Day Pitney poaches a five-partner real estate team; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : October 04, 2015
U.S. firms have adopted ambitious growth strategies in Germany, shaking up that country's lateral market.
: The American Lawyer : September 29, 2015
The third annual American Lawyer Global Legal Awards honor the deals or disputes that best exemplify the challenges of transnational legal practice.
Patience Haggin, Jennifer Henderson and David Ruiz : The American Lawyer : September 28, 2015
Google Reorganization; Berkshire Hathaway / Precision Castparts Fidelity National / SunGard General Electric Asset Sale Symantec Asset Sale Sumitomo Life / Symetra Financial Terex / Konecranes CF Industries / OCI NV Nokia Asset Sale Allergan Asset Sale Solvay / Cytec Industries Honeywell /Melrose Industries/ Elster Group Industrial Income Trust Asset Sale Anthem / Cigna Nikkei / FT Group Sikorsky Aircraft Asset Sale Pinnacle Entertainment Asset Sale Blackstone / Corsair / First Eagle St. Jude Medical / Thoratec
Michael D. Goldhaber : The American Lawyer : September 28, 2015
For 15 years, Shearman & Sterling sent legions of associates to support the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda.The firm wins the Global Legal Award for lifetime citizenship work.
: The American Lawyer : September 25, 2015
The American Lawyer Global Citizenship Awards honor global matters dedicated to the spirit of pro bono and social responsibility.
: The Am Law Daily : September 24, 2015
The American Lawyer Global M&A Deals of the Year recognize transactions that redrew the corporate map in every corner of the globe.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : September 24, 2015
Microchips, airport services, rental properties and baby formula make up the latest batch of billion-dollar deals fueling the corporate coffers of global firms.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : September 24, 2015
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
: The American Lawyer : September 23, 2015
The American Lawyer Global Disputes of the Year honor the winning team in transnational cases regardless of the venue.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : September 21, 2015
Jones Day represented the San Jose chipmaker, while Davis Polk advised London-based Dialog.
Katherine Jo : The Asian Lawyer : September 21, 2015
On Sept. 17, nearly 200 leading legal professionals attended the 9th annual China Law & Practice Awards at the JW Marriott Hotel in Beijing—our first awards since joining the ALM Media network in August.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : September 17, 2015
At least two London-based legal giants and one leading Am Law 100 firm have taken the lead for Anheuser-Busch InBev and SABMiller as they prepare to toast a potential combination.
Susan Beck : The Am Law Daily : September 10, 2015
Two lawyers with Am Law 200 pedigrees, including a former Sullivan & Cromwell lawyer and the former head of Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney's China practice, have been ensnared in the latest troubles of Chinese stock promoter Ben Wey.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : September 09, 2015
The demise of Dewey & LeBoeuf bankrupted Geoffrey Coll, but the securities litigator has found a new home at Baker & Hostetler; Greenberg Traurig brings on Ted Kennedy's widow; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Nell Gluckman and Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : September 01, 2015
Shearman & Sterling launches in Dubai; Dechert forms an alliance in Saudi Arabia; Ogletree Deakins and Jackson Lewis expand in the U.S.; and litigation boutique Kobre & Kim heads to South Korea.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : August 20, 2015
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : August 18, 2015
In the the latest example of U.S. firms with merit-based compensation systems poaching from their lockstep Magic Circle rivals, Latham & Watkins has hired another partner in Germany from Clifford Chance.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : August 13, 2015
Google turns to its longtime M&A counsel at Cleary Gottlieb to create a new holding company for the search giant, plus a rundown of this week's other megadeals and the law firms scrambling to keep them on track.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : August 10, 2015
The latest Arbitration Scorecard finds only seven—out of 128—billion-dollar disputes that are being heard in Asia. But Asian arbitral institutes in Singapore, Hong Kong, China and beyond see no shortage of smaller cases.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : August 06, 2015
When Coca-Cola bottlers combine to create the largest independent bottler for the mega beverage brand, they need a fountain of law firms to seal the deal. Plus, the pharma M&A frenzy continues in our latest roundup of billion-dollar deals.
Amaris Elliott-Engel : Delaware Business Court Insider : August 05, 2015
JPMorgan Chase has beaten back a Delaware Court of Chancery lawsuit alleging its board of directors failed to oversee the banking giant's compliance with federal anti-money laundering laws and thus cost shareholders $2 billion in governmental fines.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 03, 2015
Kirkland & Ellis makes a pair of key additions in New York and London from Simpson Thacher & Bartlett and Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer; Lewis Brisbois expands again; one partner joins his fourth firm within a year; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
: Corporate Counsel : August 01, 2015
A lawyer migrates from a virtual world to the tangible kind; and other Moves.
: Corporate Counsel : August 01, 2015
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : July 31, 2015
The latest report from Cornerstone Research and Stanford Law School finds that suits against Asian companies—most of them Chinese—account for more than half of shareholder class actions filed in the United States during the first six months of 2015.
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 27, 2015
Following the completion Friday of AT&T's $48.5 billion acquisition of DirecTV, The Am Law Daily caught up with AT&T's go-to antitrust lawyers.