- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Designation: Chicago
- Head Count: 779
- Gross Revenues: $540,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $695,000
- Profits Per Partner: $925,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
Seyfarth Shaw is a Chicago-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Seyfarth Shaw has 779 attorneys and is the 46th largest firm in the United States. With $540,000,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 60th on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2012 Global 100 survey, Seyfarth Shaw ranked as the 71st highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, FL, GA, IL, London, MA, NY and TX.
In the News
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : August 28, 2014
Nonprofits have to protect both, even when doing so creates tension for the organization.
Joe Utsler : Law Technology News : August 27, 2014
Five technologists reveal their tactics to change their firms and stay (relatively) under the radar.
: The National Law Journal : August 25, 2014
We asked top litigation practices in Chicago to tell us about their operations — head counts and revenues, biggest wins and even their losses. The NLJ staff then pored over the information and selected the nine firms you'll read about here.
Tony Mauro : The National Law Journal : August 25, 2014
Rebekah Mintzer : Corporate Counsel : August 22, 2014
When a company promises "zero tolerance" for certain workplace wrongdoing, it had better mean it, particularly when unions are involved.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 19, 2014
Ashurst and Squire Patton Boggs, two growing global legal giants that have recently gone the merger route, both reshuffled overseas alliances this week as the latter saw 23 lawyers in the Middle East decamp en masse, while the former was busy raiding two Am Law 100 rivals. The Am Law Daily looks at those developments and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
: New Jersey Law Journal : August 14, 2014
District Court to Decide Availability of Classwide Arbitration
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : August 08, 2014
Eight of this year's 50 Best Law Firms for Women chosen by Flex-Time Lawyers and Working Mother magazine have an Atlanta office—but none are based here.
John Caher : New York Law Journal : August 07, 2014
As was anticipated in light of a New York Court of Appeals holding last month, the Second Circuit has held that a bankruptcy trustee overseeing the dissolution of the Thelen law firm cannot recover the fees generated from unfinished cases that were transferred to another firm.
Rebekah Mintzer : Corporate Counsel : August 07, 2014
Having a larger percentage of older people in the U.S. workforce brings myriad advantages, but also some additional risks for employers.
Vivia Chen : The Careerist : August 06, 2014
A look at the subtext behind Working Woman magazine's "50 best firms for women."
Valori Corral-Nava : Corporate Counsel : August 04, 2014
The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission may be moving beyond law enforcement and into murkier law-making waters.
Susan Beck : The American Lawyer : August 04, 2014
From IBM research facilities in New York to tiny startups in Silicon Valley, technology companies have set their sights on upending the legal services industry.
Charles Toutant : New Jersey Law Journal : August 01, 2014
The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit ruled July 30 that a federal judge, not an arbitrator, should make the call on whether an agreement between individuals to arbitrate employment disputes should extend to classwide arbitration.
Julia Love : The Recorder : July 29, 2014
Bankruptcy judge must decide if Howrey estate's clawback claims are valid under D.C. law.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : July 28, 2014
Sorry accountants, but your professional designation makes you a professional and thus excluded from overtime under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
: The National Law Journal : July 28, 2014
New arrivals and lateral moves in this week's column.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : July 25, 2014
The legal department doesn't start the company's fires, but there are strategies for being proactive about in-house fire management.
Arthur J. Ciampi : New York Law Journal : July 25, 2014
In his Law Firm Partnership Law column, Arthur J. Ciampi, the coauthor of the treatise 'Law Firm Partnership Agreements' and the managing member of Ciampi LLC, analyzes the Court of Appeals decision in 'Geron v. Seyfarth Shaw' ('In re Thelen') and discusses some of the decision's immediate and long-term implications.
Valori Corral-Nava : Corporate Counsel : July 23, 2014
Seyfarth Shaw is making available a new guide, "50 State Desktop Reference: What Employers Need To Know About Non-Compete and Trade Secrets Law."
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 22, 2014
A high-powered litigator leaves Dechert, more departures from Bingham McCutchen and a rare outside hire by Wachtell Lipton in our latest look at lateral moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Mary Welch : Daily Report : July 22, 2014
Robert "Robbie" Kamerschen serves as executive vice president, general counsel and corporate secretary at Aaron's Inc. In this role, he manages all legal, regulatory and governance issues.
Adolfo Pesquera : Daily Business Review : July 22, 2014
The Panama Canal Authority and the contractor expanding its locks are arbitrating a $1.6 billion dispute in Miami.
Jenna Greene : The National Law Journal : July 21, 2014
Lawyers who practice before the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau agree on one thing: "It's been good for law firms," said Ballard Spahr partner Alan Kaplinsky. Created by the Dodd-Frank Act, the agency turned 3 years old Monday.
Jenna Greene : The National Law Journal : July 21, 2014
Lawyers who practice before the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau agree on one thing: “It's been good for law firms,” said Ballard Spahr partner Alan Kaplinsky. Created by the Dodd-Frank Act, the agency turned 3 years old Monday.
Kenneth R. Dolin : The National Law Journal : July 21, 2014
Supreme Court's rejection of President Obama's labor board picks could upset hundreds of decisions.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : July 18, 2014
It's now more important than ever for Golden State employers to guard their employees from the sunshine and provide "cool-down" periods.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 18, 2014
A flurry of moves at DLA Piper; a longtime Quinn Emanuel partner departs; and Bingham loses two more amid merger talks in our latest look at notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 15, 2014
Baker & McKenzie heads to Brisbane, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan takes its litigation prowess to Houston and a trio of partners leave Kirkland & Ellis in our latest look at notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Sherry Karabin : Corporate Counsel : July 14, 2014
Business owners often aren't sure how far they can go in investigating an employee complaint about a coworker's Internet conduct.