- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 355
- Gross Revenues: $405,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,140,000
- Profits Per Partner: $2,330,000
- Year Over Year Change: -2
Schulte Roth & Zabel is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Schulte Roth & Zabel has 351 attorneys and is the 121st largest firm in the United States. With $405,500,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 78th on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Schulte Roth & Zabel ranked as the 93rd highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in DC, FL and NY.
In the News
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 20, 2016
Amid more departures, K&L Gates seeks to grow; Akin Gump and Reed Smith hire from Winston & Strawn; Fox Rothschild reels in a leading Twin Cities litigator; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : June 10, 2016
A Paul Hastings structured finance partner who disappeared from the firm's website in March has joined Schulte Roth & Zabel. Michael Michetti has a practice noted in a recent New York Times business column as presenting a potential conflict of interest.
: New York Law Journal : May 25, 2016
Attorney General Eric Schneiderman presented the Fund for Modern Courts' 2016 John J. McCloy Memorial Award to Harlan Levy, a partner at Boies, Schiller & Flexner and former chief deputy attorney general.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : May 10, 2016
By bringing on two star litigators this week—Paul Shechtman, who is frequently juggling high-profile court cases, and Barbara Jones, a former Southern District judge—Bracewell is looking to regain strength fast in New York, while its newest partners hope to expand their client base.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : May 04, 2016
New York City's efforts to grow as an East Coast technology hub are being helped by Tech:NYC, a new nonprofit headed by a former Loeb & Loeb and Dentons lawyer that has two Am Law 100 alums on its board. Gunderson Dettmer is also involved with the organization.
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
Mixed signals in the financial sector and the end of recession-related litigation held profits down in New York.
MP McQueen and Andrew Denney : New York Law Journal : April 19, 2016
Daniel Shapiro was an active partner in the firm's investment management and tax groups up until his death in London on Friday.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 18, 2016
The two Am Law 200 firms have been hired by Phillips Exeter Academy to probe sexual abuse allegations roiling the elite New Hampshire-based boarding school.
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : April 17, 2016
Daniel Shapiro helped to found Schulte Roth in 1969, opened its London office in 2002 and remained an active partner at the firm.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 13, 2016
Two longtime Am Law 100 partners start post-legal careers; Kirkland & Ellis hires in Germany; Orrick grows in Europe; Reed Smith makes moves amid merger talks; White & Case goes to Boston; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 06, 2016
More moves from the firm formerly known as Bracewell & Giuliani.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : April 05, 2016
A Manhattan judge has found that hundreds of former partners of Dewey & LeBoeuf and legacy firms cannot be held personally liable for lease payments after the film filed for bankruptcy, relieving them of millions of dollars of potential liability.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : April 04, 2016
McGuireWoods adds 13 partners in 13 days; Paul Weiss poaches a high-powered Cravath M&A partner; Kenyon & Kenyon loses two patent prosecution pros to Norton Rose Fulbright; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Bryn Bowen and Holly H, Weiss, Schulte Roth & Zabel : Legaltech News : April 04, 2016
Success is adopting a holistic approach to managing threats on multiple fronts.
: The American Lawyer : March 28, 2016
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : March 21, 2016
Responding to a record volume of mergers and acquisitions, New York law firms advanced scores of corporate and transactional lawyers to partnership in their latest round of promotions.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : March 20, 2016
A barrage of big deals in 2015 didn't translate into explosive growth for many of the country's most profitable firms.
Ben Bedell : New York Law Journal : March 14, 2016
A minority shareholder's $40 million fiduciary breach claims against the directors of a Cayman Islands company were revived Thursday by a Manhattan appeals court, which held that he should be allowed to replead the claims under New York law.
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : March 11, 2016
Schulte Roth & Zabel saw little growth in revenue and profits in 2015, but executive committee chairman Alan Waldenberg said the firm has boosted its appeal on the lateral market.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : March 07, 2016
K&L Gates and Sidley Austin disgorge partners to new Chicago offices for other firms; a bevy of moves at legal giants Baker & McKenzie and Norton Rose Fulbright; Schulte Roth bolts on a broker-dealer group; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : March 03, 2016
Julian Rainero, a barbecue aficionado and head of the broker-dealer and market regulation group at the newly renamed Bracewell, is leading a 10-lawyer team to Schulte Roth & Zabel in New York.
Rick Kopstein, Photographer : New York Law Journal : March 02, 2016
The Fund for Modern Courts presented its 2016 Cyrus R. Vance Tribute Tuesday to New York City Human Resources Commissioner Steven Banks.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : February 18, 2016
Am Law 100 firms Davis Polk and Weil have lead roles as China's Tianjin Tianhai Investment Co. Ltd. pays $6 billion in cash for Irvine, California-based Ingram Micro Inc.
Ben Bedell : New York Law Journal : February 05, 2016
Over the vehement opposition of the victim's family, New York's parole board has decided to release Terry Losicco, who was convicted of the brutal 1980 murder of 67-year-old Eleanor Prouty and the beating of her bedridden husband, Norman.
James Schroeder : The American Lawyer : February 01, 2016
Twenty-five of last year's most notable and intriguing lateral moves.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : January 27, 2016
Vinson & Elkins represents Trican Well Service in pending sale of U.S. assets to Houston-based Keane Group.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : January 21, 2016
St. George's School has retained Foley Hoag to replace a former Proskauer Rose lawyer in conducting an internal investigation at the embattled private boarding school, which is grappling with a decades-old sex abuse scandal.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 21, 2016
Besides allying with Rudy Giuliani in an election year, Greenberg Traurig has hired several other notable partners this month; Orrick opens in Houston; Paul Weiss litigators start their own boutique; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
: New York Law Journal : January 20, 2016
Latham & Watkins has added Louis Trotta, formerly of Goldman Sachs, as counsel; Milbank Tweed has elected four to the firm's partnership; Craig Levine has joined The Bronx Defenders as managing director of the Civil Action Practice and External Affairs; and more.
: The National Law Journal : January 18, 2016
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.