- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Boston
- Head Count: 1,106
- Gross Revenues: $1,390,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,255,000
- Profits Per Partner: $2,015,000
- Year Over Year Change: 9
Ropes & Gray is a Boston-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2016 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Ropes & Gray has 1106 attorneys and is the 19th largest firm in the United States. With $1,390,000,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 13th on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Ropes & Gray ranked as the 28th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, IL, MA, NY and RI.
In the News
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : July 11, 2016
The Am Law 100 firm is poised to pick up six lawyers, including the two founding partners, from Los Angeles-based Zaccaro Morgan. Thomas Zaccaro is a former Paul Hastings partner who started the boutique just over a year ago, only to return to his former home.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 11, 2016
Jones Day recruits two new partners on opposite coasts after a top restructuring duo departs; Milbank makes a rare lateral hire; Paul Hastings makes some high-profile additions; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Greg Land : Daily Report : July 07, 2016
Voting rights group Project Vote has sued Georgia Secretary of State Brian Kemp in an effort to force the release of voter registration records the group says it needs to determine if voters were improperly rejected or purged from voter rolls.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : July 07, 2016
Ropes & Gray patent litigation partners Hiroyuki Hagiwara and Hassen Sayeed have joined Paul Hastings in Tokyo and New York, respectively.
Marcia Coyle : Supreme Court Brief : July 06, 2016
The University of Southern California's Adam Feldman and Alexander Kappner studied 93,000 cert petitions between 2001 and 2015 to try to glean what factors make a petition more or less likely to be granted. A firm's success "with their aggregate cert filings does not guarantee success on a per-case basis," according to the study.
Ben Hancock : The Recorder : July 05, 2016
The Harvard-linked venture capital fund accuses former partner Hugo Van Vuuren of trying to seize control of the fund's bank accounts and website.
: The National Law Journal : July 04, 2016
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Rebecca Geiger : Focus Europe : July 01, 2016
The law firms with roles in the largest recent M&A deals across Europe.
: The American Lawyer : July 01, 2016
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : July 01, 2016
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 30, 2016
A look at the Am Law 100 firms behind Lions Gate's bid to buy Starz; Apollo's latest acquisition effort; and a pair of big health care transactions.
REBEKAH MINTZER : Corporate Counsel : June 28, 2016
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has issued the final version of a rule requiring many companies in the resource extraction business to disclose most payments they make to the U.S. federal government or foreign governments related to commercial development of gas, oil and minerals.
Mark Hamblett : New York Law Journal : June 28, 2016
Sheldon Silver and Dean Skelos may think they have fresh ammunition for their appeals on political corruption charges following a major U.S. Supreme Court decision today, but prosecutors beg to differ.
Zoe Tillman : The National Law Journal : June 27, 2016
Firm will donate $100K to National Center for Lesbian Rights, which also worked on Tennessee same-sex marriage litigation, and use the rest for other pro bono cases.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : June 21, 2016
The firm has filed its formal application for employment to advise Gawker Media Group as the company seeks to navigate Chapter 11 proceedings in New York.
: New York Law Journal : June 20, 2016
Seven firms announce new additions; Fox Rothschild announces promotions.
: The National Law Journal : June 20, 2016
The parents of two first-graders killed in the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre are offering to settle their wrongful-death lawsuit against Newtown, Connecticut, and its Board of Education for $5.5 million each. Plus more in this week's column.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 20, 2016
Amid more departures, K&L Gates seeks to grow; Akin Gump and Reed Smith hire from Winston & Strawn; Fox Rothschild reels in a leading Twin Cities litigator; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Katheryn Hayes Tucker : Daily Report : June 17, 2016
Hoping to reverse their losing streak, a coalition of doctors and gun safety advocates head back to the appeals court Tuesday.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : June 17, 2016
Since 49 people were gunned down at Orlando's Pulse nightclub last weekend, law firms have offered to ramp up their support for gun control efforts.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 17, 2016
From industrial chemicals to traffic cones, one of the last weeks of spring provided a plethora of transactional opportunities for dozens of Am Law 100 firms.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 16, 2016
A year after WilmerHale consolidated its London operations, one longtime partner has left for McDermott Will & Emery; Jones Day hires a trio; Shearman & Sterling snags one from Boies Schiller; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : June 15, 2016
Movement of IP attorneys in Asia has been active this year
Sue Reisinger and Ed Silverstein : Corporate Counsel : June 13, 2016
The Justice Department revealed how it reached decisions under its new pilot enforcement program.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : June 13, 2016
Davis Polk & Wardwell, Fenwick & West, Ropes & Gray, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett and Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati are advising on Symantec Corp.'s $4.65 billion buy of Blue Coat Systems Inc. from buyout giant Bain Capital LP.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : June 11, 2016
Who is IP litigation boutique Desmarais and why are they a new leader in the associate salary wars; Dating tips from the SEC; Gawker goes bust; a hot argument before the Third Circuit
: New York Law Journal : June 07, 2016
Like many new attorneys starting work at a big New York City law firm, Anna Friedberg was asked her choice of pro bono work. Her answer—prison reform—proved fateful in ways no one could have imagined in 2011.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : June 02, 2016
Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo must face a discrimination suit filed by a former female associate following a ruling this week by the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 25, 2016
Silicon Valley stalwart Fenwick & West is poised to set up shop in the Big Apple; Boies Schiller brings on two more litigators; Ropes & Gray grabs another private equity pro in London; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : May 23, 2016
Roger Furey, an IP litigation partner at Katten Muchin Rosenman in Washington, D.C., is poised to become the new chairman of the Chicago-based firm.