- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Boston
- Head Count: 1,106
- Gross Revenues: $1,390,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,255,000
- Profits Per Partner: $2,015,000
- Year Over Year Change: 9
Ropes & Gray is a Boston-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Ropes & Gray has 1041 attorneys and is the 21st largest firm in the United States. With $1,390,000,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 13th on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Ropes & Gray ranked as the 28th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, IL, MA, NY and RI.
In the News
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 25, 2016
Silicon Valley stalwart Fenwick & West is poised to set up shop in the Big Apple; Boies Schiller brings on two more litigators; Ropes & Gray grabs another private equity pro in London; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : May 23, 2016
Roger Furey, an IP litigation partner at Katten Muchin Rosenman in Washington, D.C., is poised to become the new chairman of the Chicago-based firm.
: The National Law Journal : May 23, 2016
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 17, 2016
The restructuring practices at the two top Am Law 100 firms are advising on two more Chapter 11 cases filed Monday by Breitburn Energy Partners LP and SandRidge Energy Inc.
Ben Hancock : The Recorder : May 16, 2016
Monday's 6-2 decision on standing was hotly anticipated but may not represent a big win for business.
Angela Neville : Texas Lawyer : May 16, 2016
Ropes & Gray is requesting approximately $10.9 million in attorney fees for five months of work representing the official committee of unsecured creditors in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy case involving Sabine Oil & Gas Corporation.
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : May 16, 2016
A lack of volatility in bankruptcy lawyers' billing rates, evidenced by a collection of almost 3,000 attorney fee disclosures in bankruptcy records, have calmed practitioners.
Frances Ivens : The Am Law Daily : May 15, 2016
Research into recent recruitment trends by international firms in London has found that they brought in over 20 percent more partners in 2015 than the year before, with total partner numbers climbing by 6 percent across the group year-on-year.
Mark Hamblett : New York Law Journal : May 13, 2016
Former Senate Majority Leader Dean Skelos and his son, Adam, were handed years-long prison terms Thursday for extortion and bribery schemes driven by the father's abuse of power and the son's lust for money.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : May 12, 2016
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : May 11, 2016
After $1.2 billion in settlements and a decade of litigation that swept in antitrust lawyers from more than 50 firms (seriously, did anyone NOT work on this case?), the massive air cargo price fixing litigation is coming in for a landing.
: The Recorder : May 09, 2016
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : May 05, 2016
The first week of May was kind to several Am Law 100 firms, as a handful of health care, real estate and technology deals provided a boon to corporate transactional coffers.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 05, 2016
More comings-and-goings at Kirkland & Ellis; cybersecurity hiring stays hot at Cooley and Covington; Latham & Watkins snags another lateral in Germany; Paul Weiss restocks its litigation group; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : May 04, 2016
Simpson Thacher, Skadden and Ropes & Gray are representing members in a buyout group led by Alibaba, while Shearman & Sterling advises a special committee at the Chinese chat app developer.
James DeGraw and Georgina Jones Suzuki, Ropes & Gray : Legaltech News : April 25, 2016
Businesses are increasingly launching novel products and services that do not fit neatly into existing legal frameworks.
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 25, 2016
Ronald Cami heads to Davis Polk & Wardwell in Silicon Valley; Davis Wright Tremaine adds a former top federal prosecutor; another Bracewell partner departs; a new IP boutique forms inside the Beltway; and other key additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
The Am Law 100 eked out gains across major financial metrics in 2015. But growth was the slowest in years.
Zoe Tillman : The National Law Journal : April 21, 2016
In a rare public speech since his nomination to the U.S. Supreme was announced, Chief Judge Merrick Garland of the D.C. Circuit delivered remarks at the court's annual pro bono recognition breakfast. He urged lawyers to do more to close the access-to-justice gap.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : April 19, 2016
Ahead of the publication next week of the annual Am Law 100 list, The Am Law Daily looked back at what has changed since The American Lawyer first published its rankings in 1985. The biggest difference between that year and 2016 is the size of the firms.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : April 18, 2016
Patrick Smith, co-chair of DLA Piper's white-collar and investigations group, has formed a new firm in New York called Smith Villazor with Rodney Villazor, a fellow former federal prosecutor who joined the global legal giant's litigation group last year.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 18, 2016
The two Am Law 200 firms have been hired by Phillips Exeter Academy to probe sexual abuse allegations roiling the elite New Hampshire-based boarding school.
: The Associated Press : April 18, 2016
A judge has refused to grant a new trial to former New York Senate leader Dean Skelos and his adult son after concluding that evidence produced by the government supported the jury verdict.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 18, 2016
A four-lawyer team leaves Dykema Gossett to start their own shop; Norton Rose Fulbright nabs a dealmaker who nearly died in an African plane crash; a Seyfarth Shaw practice leader joins a high-profile boutique; and other notable additions from The Am Law 200.
: New York Law Journal : April 13, 2016
Six firms announce new additions, including Loeb & Loeb, where Philippe Manteau will serve as chair of the Western Europe corporate practice.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : April 08, 2016
Mossack Fonseca says it hasn't yet hired outside counsel. What kind of lawyers will it need?
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 06, 2016
More moves from the firm formerly known as Bracewell & Giuliani.
: New York Law Journal : April 06, 2016
The New York Law Journal congratulates the 42 young lawyers chosen as 2016 Rising Stars by a panel of 24 esteemed judges.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 06, 2016
A pair of PE partners leave Weil; a rare hire by Wachtell; big firms raid Cadwalader and Reed Smith; Jenner & Block, Jones Day and Schiff Hardin rotate practice leaders; Goodwin Procter goes to Paris; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.