- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Boston
- Head Count: 1,106
- Gross Revenues: $1,390,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,255,000
- Profits Per Partner: $2,015,000
- Year Over Year Change: 9
Ropes & Gray is a Boston-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Ropes & Gray has 1041 attorneys and is the 21st largest firm in the United States. With $1,115,500,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 22nd on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Ropes & Gray ranked as the 28th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, IL, MA, NY and RI.
In the News
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : May 04, 2016
Simpson Thacher, Skadden and Ropes & Gray are representing members in a buyout group led by Alibaba, while Shearman & Sterling advises a special committee at the Chinese chat app developer.
James DeGraw and Georgina Jones Suzuki, Ropes & Gray : Legaltech News : April 25, 2016
Businesses are increasingly launching novel products and services that do not fit neatly into existing legal frameworks.
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 25, 2016
Ronald Cami heads to Davis Polk & Wardwell in Silicon Valley; Davis Wright Tremaine adds a former top federal prosecutor; another Bracewell partner departs; a new IP boutique forms inside the Beltway; and other key additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
The Am Law 100 eked out gains across major financial metrics in 2015. But growth was the slowest in years.
Zoe Tillman : The National Law Journal : April 21, 2016
In a rare public speech since his nomination to the U.S. Supreme was announced, Chief Judge Merrick Garland of the D.C. Circuit delivered remarks at the court's annual pro bono recognition breakfast. He urged lawyers to do more to close the access-to-justice gap.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : April 19, 2016
Ahead of the publication next week of the annual Am Law 100 list, The Am Law Daily looked back at what has changed since The American Lawyer first published its rankings in 1985. The biggest difference between that year and 2016 is the size of the firms.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : April 18, 2016
Patrick Smith, co-chair of DLA Piper's white-collar and investigations group, has formed a new firm in New York called Smith Villazor with Rodney Villazor, a fellow former federal prosecutor who joined the global legal giant's litigation group last year.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 18, 2016
The two Am Law 200 firms have been hired by Phillips Exeter Academy to probe sexual abuse allegations roiling the elite New Hampshire-based boarding school.
: The Associated Press : April 18, 2016
A judge has refused to grant a new trial to former New York Senate leader Dean Skelos and his adult son after concluding that evidence produced by the government supported the jury verdict.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 18, 2016
A four-lawyer team leaves Dykema Gossett to start their own shop; Norton Rose Fulbright nabs a dealmaker who nearly died in an African plane crash; a Seyfarth Shaw practice leader joins a high-profile boutique; and other notable additions from The Am Law 200.
: New York Law Journal : April 13, 2016
Six firms announce new additions, including Loeb & Loeb, where Philippe Manteau will serve as chair of the Western Europe corporate practice.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : April 08, 2016
Mossack Fonseca says it hasn't yet hired outside counsel. What kind of lawyers will it need?
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 06, 2016
A pair of PE partners leave Weil; a rare hire by Wachtell; big firms raid Cadwalader and Reed Smith; Jenner & Block, Jones Day and Schiff Hardin rotate practice leaders; Goodwin Procter goes to Paris; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 06, 2016
More moves from the firm formerly known as Bracewell & Giuliani.
: New York Law Journal : April 06, 2016
The New York Law Journal congratulates the 42 young lawyers chosen as 2016 Rising Stars by a panel of 24 esteemed judges.
Zach Warren : Legaltech News : April 05, 2016
E-discovery experts can run into choppy waters when trying to adapt to local culture while still maintaining U.S. discovery standards.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : April 05, 2016
Demand for litigators seems to be lagging behind corporate, regulatory and transactional specialists--consistent with predictions by some consultants earlier this year. So what do recent lateral moves tell us about the market for litigators?
Noreen Marcus : Daily Business Review : April 05, 2016
A federal judge issues summary judgment in an order highly critical of Florida state agencies in companion same-sex marriage cases.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : April 05, 2016
The silver lining? There are still nine months to go.
Frances Ivens : The Am Law Daily : April 04, 2016
Partners and security experts reacted with alarm to news of the massive document leak from Panama offshore firm Mossack Fonseca.
: The National Law Journal : April 04, 2016
George Mason University School of Law will be renamed for the late U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia at the request of an anonymous donor who gave $20 million to the school. Plus more in this week's column.
: The Recorder : March 28, 2016
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : March 28, 2016
Will Latham & Watkins' high-profile new hires in Hong Kong allow it to pull away from the pack?
Zoe Tillman : The National Law Journal : March 25, 2016
A federal district judge in Tennessee on Friday awarded $2 million in legal fees and costs to Ropes & Gray and other firms that successfully fought the state's same-sex marriage ban.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : March 23, 2016
McGuireWoods heads to San Francisco after a Reed Smith raid; Kirkland launches a Houston tax practice; Sidley Austin snags a high-powered IP team from Ropes & Gray; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : March 22, 2016
Sidley Austin has hired a trio of IP partners from Ropes & Gray and Holland & Knight has added partners from Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe and now-defunct Dickstein Shapiro.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : March 18, 2016
More than three years after former Ropes & Gray partner and Jones Walker special counsel Sanford “Sandy” Kaynor Jr. was shot twice and left for dead, his assailant was given a 362-year prison sentence in a New Orleans criminal court.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : March 07, 2016
Sharp Corp., the struggling Japanese electronics manufacturer, is on the verge of being bought by Taiwan's Foxconn Technology Co. Ltd. in a nearly $6 billion deal.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : March 07, 2016
K&L Gates and Sidley Austin disgorge partners to new Chicago offices for other firms; a bevy of moves at legal giants Baker & McKenzie and Norton Rose Fulbright; Schulte Roth bolts on a broker-dealer group; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.