- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Boston
- Head Count: 1,006
- Gross Revenues: $997,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $990,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,710,000
- Year Over Year Change: -1
Ropes & Gray is a Boston-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Ropes & Gray has 1006 attorneys and is the 23rd largest firm in the United States. With $997,500,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 24th on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Ropes & Gray ranked as the 31st highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, IL, MA, NY, RI and VA.
In the News
: Corporate Counsel : February 01, 2015
: The American Lawyer : January 29, 2015
PetSmart, Riverbed LBOs; Merck / Cubist; Visteon Stake Sale; GIC / IndCor Properties; NextEra / Hawaiian Electric; Paramount Group IPO
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : January 29, 2015
The $18 billion merger between Energy Transfer Partners and Regency Energy Partners tops a roundup of nine deals breaking the billion-dollar mark this week.
: The National Law Journal : January 26, 2015
New arrivals and lateral moves in this week's column.
Tony Mauro and Marcia Coyle : The National Law Journal : January 26, 2015
History-making arguments before the U.S. Supreme Court on same-sex marriage are still more than three months away, but the strategizing among lawyers has already begun.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : January 22, 2015
A roundup of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : January 21, 2015
Marc Kesselman is joining Dean Foods Co. as executive vice president, general counsel and corporate secretary.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 16, 2015
A Davis Polk & Wardwell corporate partner in Silicon Valley leaves the firm to return to the business side; Greenberg Traurig grows in Mexico City; Hogan Lovells expands in Vietnam; Wilmer adds a new lobbying cochair and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Justin Y.K. Chu and Leah Quadrino : New York Law Journal : January 16, 2015
Justin Y.K. Chu and Leah Quadrino write that last month, the Commercial Division in Manhattan broke with a nationwide trend among state courts, applying what is sometimes referred to as a "fiduciary exception" to the attorney-client privilege to permit a former client to take discovery relating to otherwise confidential internal communications between a lawyer and his firm's general counsel.
: The Legal Intelligencer : January 15, 2015
Jon A. Baughman, a trial lawyer who served as chairman of Pepper Hamilton's executive committee from 1992-94, died Monday following a long illness.
: New Jersey Law Journal : January 15, 2015
The leading M&As of 2014, where the target or acquirer was based in NJ.
Monica Paquette : New York Law Journal : January 14, 2015
With plans under way for a new facility, United Cerebral Palsy of New York City Inc. has closed on the sale of its Midtown South office building for $135 million.
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : January 14, 2015
Three years ago, Bingham McCutchen was literally a case study in successful management.
Now it's dead. A look at last days of a high flyer and the stumbles that sealed its fate.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 10, 2015
Davis Wright Tremaine and Dentons absorb two small shops; Cadwalader adds a seven-strong team from Latham & Watkins; a former senator signs on at DLA Piper; McDermott's European antitrust head goes in-house; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : January 08, 2015
A roundup of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : January 06, 2015
Ed Sheremeta was previously a partner at DLA Piper.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 06, 2015
An array of high-profile litigators from Irell & Manella and Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi are starting their own firms as January's annual “running of the laterals” begins. Also, Hinshaw & Culbertson hires Dewey & LeBoeuf's former general counsel; a Bingham McCutchen partner and ex-Cadwalader leader find new homes; Blank Rome opens in Pittsburgh; Greenberg Traurig goes to Tokyo; Quinn Emanuel heads to Seattle; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The National Law Journal : January 05, 2015
A quick look at the petitions and their counsels of record scheduled for the justices' Jan. 9 conference.
: The American Lawyer : January 05, 2015
Allergan / Actavis; Halliburton / Baker Hughes; Publicis / Sapient; LabCorp / Covance; BB&T / Susquehanna; Cott / DSS Group; Chiquita / Cutrale
Jonathan Schmidt, Kevin Daly and Lauren Modelski : Corporate Counsel : January 05, 2015
While deferred prosecution agreements remain a staple of the government's enforcement arsenal, sophisticated players no longer necessarily assume that a DPA is preferable to a plea agreement.
Nathalie Pierrepont : The Asian Lawyer : January 01, 2015
An influx of foreign firms in Korea has led to rock-bottom rates for some legal services.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : January 01, 2015
As China cracks down on corruption, international firms with FCPA expertise are gearing up.
Chris Johnson : Focus Europe : January 01, 2015
Former Ashurst senior partner Charlie Geffen dishes about his move to Gibson Dunn
Rebecca Geiger : Focus Europe : January 01, 2015
Billion-dollar transactions in France, the United Kingdom, Germany, Spain, Italy, and the Nordic countries.
Mark Hamblett : New York Law Journal : December 31, 2014
Attorneys for plaintiffs and New York City are working on settling major elements of the litigation over inmate safety and use of excessive force at Rikers Island.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : December 30, 2014
A team from Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr has been hired by Sony Pictures to represent the company as it confronts a series of class actions in the wake of a cyberattack. The firm is no stranger to handling such cases, having represented JP Morgan in its own massive security breach.
Wenxiong Zhang : The Am Law Daily : December 24, 2014
The frantic pace of inversion deals that once saved U.S. corporations millions of dollars in taxes while heaping riches on the law firms that helped structure them are slowing to a crawl. But M&A attorneys interviewed by The Am Law Daily say there is still plenty of other deal work to keep them busy.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : December 19, 2014
Just weeks after Target Corp. failed to escape claims that it's liable for a massive data breach that cost banks billions of dollars, a judge refused to dismiss most of a proposed consumer class action over the same late-2013 hack attack.
: New York Law Journal : December 19, 2014
The Justice Department moved to intervene in a class action challenging punitive segregation and widespread violence against 16-to-18-year-old inmates at Rikers Island.
Mark Gerlach : Law Technology News : December 16, 2014
Docket Alarm analyzes Patent Trial and Appeals Board data to predict outcomes and settlements.