- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Hartford
- Head Count: 193
- Gross Revenues: $106,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $550,000
- Profits Per Partner: $500,000
- Year Over Year Change: -1
Robinson & Cole is a Hartford-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Robinson & Cole has 201 attorneys and is the 201st largest firm in the United States. With $106,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 192nd on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in AL, CT, FL, MA, NH, NY and RI.
In the News
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 24, 2015
A seven-partner team will open a new Frankfurt office for Reed Smith, which saw a top sports lawyer head for greener fields; Foley Hoag brings on Massachusetts' former attorney general; Cravath hires from Crowell & Moring; and more notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Andrew Keshner : New York Law Journal : May 21, 2015
Hearings into allegations of improperly altered engineering reports in Hurricane Sandy insurance cases began Wednesday in Brooklyn federal court, despite defense concerns about the proceedings turning into "mini-trials" on the merits of denials or perceived underpayments.
Michelle Tuccitto Sullo : The Connecticut Law Tribune : May 18, 2015
When big storms like Superstorm Sandy ravage the coastline and insurance claims come pouring in like floodwaters, teams of Robinson & Cole lawyers work to minimize the insurance companies' losses. The Hartford-based firm has represented the insurance industry in many high-exposure cases, ranging from natural disasters such as Sandy and Hurricane Irene to the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.
: The Connecticut Law Tribune : May 18, 2015
Practice might not always make perfect. But it makes for more successful litigation. That's what we learned this year from the Connecticut Law Tribune's annual Litigation Departments of the Year competition. In addition to a truly impressive array of legal victories achieved by our winning firms, the articles in this special section outline an array of techniques that the firms use to prepare themselves for trial.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 15, 2015
As the one-year anniversary of the firm's creation draws near, several more Squire Patton Boggs partners seek new homes; Baker & Hostetler brings on roughly 30 lawyers from McKenna Long & Aldridge ahead of the latter's June 1 merger with Dentons; Boies, Schiller & Flexner bags another federal prosecutor; Greenberg Traurig grows in Poland; and more notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Erin E. Harrison : Legaltech News : May 13, 2015
SuperConference panel sheds light on navigating the communication and litigation complexities of a data breach.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 28, 2015
Another batch of lawyers departs McKenna Long & Aldridge ahead of its merger with Dentons; several Edwards Wildman Palmer legacy partners find new homes; Boies, Schiller & Flexner brings on a Justice Department veteran; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Thomas B. Scheffey : The Connecticut Law Tribune : April 23, 2015
Timothy Fisher, the dean of the University of Connecticut School of Law, owes his reputation as a private practice attorney in about equal measure to his work for the rich and powerful and the poor and forgotten.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 21, 2015
K&L Gates sees six partners leave for four firms; some of Fried Frank's Asia lawyers find new homes; Jackson Lewis opens two new offices; Mayer Brown adds a practice leader; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : March 20, 2015
Kutak Rock loses eight of its nine lawyers in Wichita to growing Am Law 200 firm Lewis Brisbois; Cahill makes a rare partner hire; Kasowitz and Polsinelli partners take entrepreneurial turns; musical chairs at McDermott; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : March 18, 2015
Robinson & Cole has poached privacy and data protection group head Linn Freedman from Nixon Peabody. Freedman will lead Robinson & Cole's newly formed privacy and security data team, following in the footsteps of a number of Am Law 200 firms that have made hires in a practice area that barely existed several years ago.
: The Connecticut Law Tribune : March 05, 2015
The Connecticut Law Tribune received an unprecedented number of entries in the general litigation categories and in practice area categories that included appellate, employment, family and insurance law.
: New Jersey Law Journal : March 05, 2015
Daily decision alert.
Christian Nolan : The Connecticut Law Tribune : February 13, 2015
Last month, a U.S. District Court judge in Connecticut awarded a Waterbury business $27 million in punitive damages, the largest punitive damages award in Connecticut history, according to the plaintiff's lawyers.
Jay Stapleton : The Connecticut Law Tribune : January 30, 2015
Murphy is 1,300 miles south, perched in a new office building overlooking the crystal-blue waters around Miami. A partner in the firm's insurance and reinsurance group since 2006, Murphy has a new job: overseeing a new office for the Connecticut-based firm.
Christian Nolan : The Connecticut Law Tribune : January 21, 2015
A U.S. District Court judge in Connecticut has awarded a Waterbury-based printing business what plaintiffs lawyers believe is the largest punitive damages award in the state's history.
Jay Stapleton : The Connecticut Law Tribune : January 20, 2015
As always, the new year has brought changes to partership ranks in Connecticut law firms as well as national firms that have offices in the state.
Jay Stapleton : The Connecticut Law Tribune : January 14, 2015
A transgender police officer who was fired from her job with the Middletown Police Department has filed a discrimination lawsuit against the city.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : January 08, 2015
The year starts off in a haze as employers grapple with pot use by workers. Then there's that agency in Washington.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : December 21, 2014
Locke Lord, Norton Rose Fulbright and Vinson & Elkins reshuffle some energy industry legal chairs in Houston; a K&L Gates partner with a conflict moves on; more Bingham McCutchen refugees find new homes; the federal bench lands some big-firm talent; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Jay Stapleton : The Connecticut Law Tribune : December 18, 2014
The merger between Bingham McCutchen and a Philadelphia-based firm continues to make ripples in the Connecticut legal market, as a former Bingham partner is joining Robinson & Cole.
Jay Stapleton : The Connecticut Law Tribune : December 17, 2014
Konieczky claims she was 'abruptly and improperly terminated' for what she considers 'trumped up reasons.' Those reasons, the lawsuit suggests, were based 'on the ridiculous grounds that she did not properly greet defendant Birnbaum during an industry trade group meeting.'
Jay Stapleton : The Connecticut Law Tribune : December 02, 2014
Robinson & Cole has opened a new office in Florida, in part to handle insurance matters stemming from natural disasters in the Southeast.
Julie Kay : Daily Business Review : December 02, 2014
The Connecticut-based insurance law firm has closed its Sarasota office and opened one in Miami with two lawyers.