- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Hartford
- Head Count: 201
- Gross Revenues: $110,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $545,000
- Profits Per Partner: $465,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
Robinson & Cole is a Hartford-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Robinson & Cole has 201 attorneys and is the 201st largest firm in the United States. With $110,000,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 191st on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in AL, CT, FL, MA, NH, NY and RI.
In the News
Christian Nolan : The Connecticut Law Tribune : February 13, 2015
Last month, a U.S. District Court judge in Connecticut awarded a Waterbury business $27 million in punitive damages, the largest punitive damages award in Connecticut history, according to the plaintiff's lawyers.
Jay Stapleton : The Connecticut Law Tribune : January 30, 2015
Murphy is 1,300 miles south, perched in a new office building overlooking the crystal-blue waters around Miami. A partner in the firm's insurance and reinsurance group since 2006, Murphy has a new job: overseeing a new office for the Connecticut-based firm.
Christian Nolan : The Connecticut Law Tribune : January 21, 2015
A U.S. District Court judge in Connecticut has awarded a Waterbury-based printing business what plaintiffs lawyers believe is the largest punitive damages award in the state's history.
Jay Stapleton : The Connecticut Law Tribune : January 20, 2015
As always, the new year has brought changes to partership ranks in Connecticut law firms as well as national firms that have offices in the state.
Jay Stapleton : The Connecticut Law Tribune : January 14, 2015
A transgender police officer who was fired from her job with the Middletown Police Department has filed a discrimination lawsuit against the city.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : January 08, 2015
The year starts off in a haze as employers grapple with pot use by workers. Then there's that agency in Washington.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : December 21, 2014
Locke Lord, Norton Rose Fulbright and Vinson & Elkins reshuffle some energy industry legal chairs in Houston; a K&L Gates partner with a conflict moves on; more Bingham McCutchen refugees find new homes; the federal bench lands some big-firm talent; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Jay Stapleton : The Connecticut Law Tribune : December 18, 2014
The merger between Bingham McCutchen and a Philadelphia-based firm continues to make ripples in the Connecticut legal market, as a former Bingham partner is joining Robinson & Cole.
Jay Stapleton : The Connecticut Law Tribune : December 17, 2014
Konieczky claims she was 'abruptly and improperly terminated' for what she considers 'trumped up reasons.' Those reasons, the lawsuit suggests, were based 'on the ridiculous grounds that she did not properly greet defendant Birnbaum during an industry trade group meeting.'
Jay Stapleton : The Connecticut Law Tribune : December 02, 2014
Robinson & Cole has opened a new office in Florida, in part to handle insurance matters stemming from natural disasters in the Southeast.
Julie Kay : Daily Business Review : December 02, 2014
The Connecticut-based insurance law firm has closed its Sarasota office and opened one in Miami with two lawyers.
Jay Stapleton : The Connecticut Law Tribune : November 10, 2014
For Simsbury lawyer April Arrasate, getting involved in the new medical marijuana industry in Connecticut was very personal.
Isaac Avilucea : The Connecticut Law Tribune : November 05, 2014
There was a lot of high-powered legal help in a Hartford courtroom on Nov. 4, as a Connecticut gubenatorial election spilled into the legal arena for a second straight time.
ISAAC AVILUCEA : The Connecticut Law Tribune : November 04, 2014
Hartford Superior Court Judge Carl Schuman ordered two Hartford polling places to stay open until 8:30 p.m. on Election Night, or 30 minutes later than the normal 8 p.m. closing time.
Isaac Avilucea : The Connecticut Law Tribune : November 04, 2014
Gov. Dannel Malloy has asked a judge to grant an emergency injunction that would give voters an extra hour to cast ballots at Hartford's polling places after the governor's campaign said an early-morning snafu “discouraged” people from voting.
Jay Stapleton : The Connecticut Law Tribune : October 23, 2014
One Hartford-based law firm continues to expand its lawyer head count with the addition of five new associates, including four of them in Connecticut offices.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : October 23, 2014
Ahead of a looming merger vote with Locke Lord, a 20-lawyer IP group from Edwards Wildman Palmer in Boston is poised to depart for Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo as a result of a conflict between their representation of a large pharmaceutical company and Locke Lord's work for a generic drug manufacturer.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : October 18, 2014
Another Edwards Wildman Palmer partner departs ahead of the firm's proposed merger later this year with Locke Lord; a Bingham partner heads to the FCC; Fried Frank and Kirkland & Ellis add a pair of new partners; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Amaris Elliott-Engel : The Connecticut Law Tribune : October 17, 2014
It's not every day that red-state Texas is pointed out as a paragon for reform that blue-state Connecticut should emulate.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : October 03, 2014
Gibson Dunn, Kaye Scholer and Paul Hastings all made major lateral hires in London this week by raiding their British brethren. The Am Law Daily looks at those moves and more in our latest tally of hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Christian Nolan : The Connecticut Law Tribune : September 30, 2014
A Superior Court judge has added $76,000 to a recent $1.5 million jury verdict in the case of a man who sued his insurance company for failing to cover his losses after his home caught fire.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : September 26, 2014
The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has been coming after companies over specific language used in these agreements.
Jay Stapleton : The Connecticut Law Tribune : September 19, 2014
The fall hiring season at Connecticut law firms has been notably brisk, with more fresh-out-of-law-school associates being added to a mix of lateral partners.
Mark Hamblett : The Connecticut Law Tribune : September 11, 2014
A federal appeals court has struck down a Connecticut law that forced an insurance company and auto glass repair business to mention a competitor's name if the insurer violated a ban on promoting its own repair shops.
Mark Hamblett : New York Law Journal : September 09, 2014
A federal appeals court has struck down a law that forced an insurance company and auto glass repair business to mention a competitor's name if the insurer violated a ban on promoting its own repair shops.