- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Hartford
- Head Count: 198
- Gross Revenues: $109,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $550,000
- Profits Per Partner: $505,000
- Year Over Year Change: N/A
Robinson & Cole is a Hartford-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Robinson & Cole has 193 attorneys and is the 208th largest firm in the United States. With $109,000,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 184th on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in CT, FL, MA, NY and RI.
In the News
MEGAN SPICER : The Connecticut Law Tribune : June 21, 2016
Connecticut employee said she complained to HR about pay disparities and was told she'd be fired if she did so again.
CHRISTIAN NOLAN : The Connecticut Law Tribune : June 13, 2016
Competitors in the niche market of stormwater chamber manufacturing are also going head-to-head in a Connecticut federal court after one accused the other of patent infringement.
Joel Stashenko : New York Law Journal : June 02, 2016
Southern District Judge Kenneth Karas wrote that the Village of Pomona's actions represented a "rare case where bad faith, and a clear intent to deprive plaintiffs of evidence at issue, is sufficiently clear from the face of the record" for him to grant the sanctions.
MICHELLE TUCCITTO SULLO : The Connecticut Law Tribune : May 31, 2016
The latest class of Connecticut law school graduates donned their caps and gowns and marched to get their diplomas in May. After years of study and hard work, their new challenge is finding a job. The good news is the legal employment market continues to improve here in Connecticut, just as it has on the national level.
MP McQueen : The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 11, 2016
A quartet of cybersecurity pros plies their wares at new firms; Blank Rome hires a former U.S. senator; Cooley adds a high-powered private equity team; Orrick adds again in Paris; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Ian Lopez : Legaltech News : May 09, 2016
From the courtroom to the computer, Richard Borden's career in cyber and law will be used to bolster Robinson & Cole.
Ed Silverstein : Legaltech News : May 09, 2016
Toronto's corporate base 'skews heavily toward Axiom's strengths in the financial services, technology, real estate, media, life sciences and CPG industries.'
Zach Warren : Legaltech News : May 09, 2016
Judy Selby will primarily focus on cyberinsurance in her new practice, along with cybersecurity, privacy and insurance issues.
CHRISTIAN NOLAN : The Connecticut Law Tribune : April 25, 2016
A woman who developed cancer after years of smoking Salem cigarettes is one step closer to collecting a $28 million judgment against tobacco manufacturer R.J. Reynolds.
: The Connecticut Law Tribune : March 31, 2016
The Law Tribune is proud to announce the winners of its second annual Professional Excellence Awards.
MEGAN SPICER : The Connecticut Law Tribune : March 02, 2016
Often, it's patients who leave a dental office feeling a bit distressed. But dentists in one Berlin-based practice said that a real estate company that allegedly allowed sewage to get into their office inflicted emotional distress on them.
MICHELLE TUCCITTO SULLO : The Connecticut Law Tribune : February 25, 2016
In his new role as managing partner of Robinson & Cole, Stephen E. Goldman says he plans to continue building the Hartford-based firm's culture of "collaboration and loyalty. It is a key reason why Robinson & Cole has continued to exist for 170 years."
MEGAN SPICER : The Connecticut Law Tribune : February 18, 2016
'When a religious entity seeks to construct a single building with multiple uses, the inquiry as to whether the construction of the building constitutes religious exercise becomes complicated,' wrote U.S. District Judge Janet Hall.
MICHELLE TUCCITTO SULLO : The Connecticut Law Tribune : February 18, 2016
Former state lawmaker accused of 'looting' father's estate.
MICHELLE TUCCITTO SULLO : The Connecticut Law Tribune : February 09, 2016
With many of Robinson & Cole's business clients focused on how to be more eco-friendly, the law firm has dedicated a new team to help with any legal matters associated with the quest to go green.
MEGAN SPICER and MICHELLE TUCCITTO SULLO : The Connecticut Law Tribune : January 22, 2016
Often, the new year brings seismic change to Connecticut's legal community. Sometimes that manifests itself in firms merging or adding entire practice groups, occasionally at the expense of a rival firm. To date, it would appear, 2016 has not brought those sorts of major changes.
James T. Shearin : The Connecticut Law Tribune : January 15, 2016
The title says it all. Nationwide, legal aid funding has suffered mightily since the recession.
MEGAN SPICER : The Connecticut Law Tribune : December 31, 2015
Attorneys involved in sexual abuse lawsuits against a Litchfield County prep school literally dug for evidence after a federal judge allowed the parties to search the grounds of Indian Mountain School.
Law Tribune Staff : The Connecticut Law Tribune : December 29, 2015
Two of Connecticut's largest law firms have elevated a number of attorneys to partner status.