- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 710
- Gross Revenues: $1,103,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,555,000
- Profits Per Partner: $4,925,000
- Year Over Year Change: 3
Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, is a Los Angeles-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, has 673 attorneys and is the 58th largest firm in the United States. With $972,500,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 26th on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, ranked as the 33rd highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, IL and NY.
In the News
Ross Todd : The Recorder : May 21, 2015
Two men represented by Quinn Emanuel claim Palmer Luckey passed off their joint work on virtual reality technology as his own.
Saranac Hale Spencer : The Legal Intelligencer : May 19, 2015
Lawyers bringing the case alleging that Zoloft caused birth defects in babies born to women who took the antidepressant have to turn over the report that their expert produced in similar litigation over Prozac, the federal judge handling the case has ruled.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : May 19, 2015
Two months after the Supreme Court refused to undo certification of a "gargantuan" antitrust class action, a half-dozen foam manufacturers have agreed to pay big bucks to bow out of the price-fixing case.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : May 18, 2015
Judge Haywood Gilliam is asked to decide if "pin" is an online metaphor like trash and folder—or if the names are as likely to generate confusion as the lawyers' pronunciation of them suggest.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : May 18, 2015
Federal Circuit Chief Judge Sharon Prost rejected $382 million in trade dress damages awarded to Apple, saying its phones' rounded corners and other features weren't merely stylish, but functional.
Julie Triedman : The Litigation Daily : May 18, 2015
Amid its $20 billion triumph for the FHFA, Quinn Emanuel is facing scrutiny over the firm's latest litigation venture for the U.S. government.
David Bario : The Litigation Daily : May 14, 2015
Even if Selendy had lost his landmark securities trial for the Federal Housing Finance Agency, it would be hard to call the FHFA's litigation campaign against Wall Street anything but a victory. But boy, did he ever win.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 12, 2015
The American Lawyer announced this week the finalists of its 2015 Transatlantic Legal Awards. These awards recognize law firms for excellence in handling transatlantic matters across the key areas of corporate, finance and disputes, as well as highlighting law firm innovation, commitment to pro bono, outstanding transatlantic strategy and in-house leaders.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : May 12, 2015
In yet another dispute alleging that Goldman Sachs marketed a CDO that it was wagering would fail, a FINRA panel sided with the bank's adversaries at Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : May 11, 2015
Sullivan & Cromwell and Simpson Thacher couldn't pull off a surprise win before U.S. District Judge Denise Cote.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : May 08, 2015
GC Salle Yoo has had to quickly assemble an in-house army to fend off a widening array of global regulatory and litigation challenges.
Susan Beck : The Litigation Daily : May 06, 2015
Siding with Quinn Emanuel, a judge dismissed the last in a series of cases targeting AIG and its former CEO Maurice Greenberg for a decades-old fraud involving workers' compensation premiums.
: The National Law Journal : May 04, 2015
: The American Lawyer : April 27, 2015
Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz becomes the first firm to crack the $5 million profits-per-partner mark, coming in at $5.5 million. Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan was just shy of breaching the $5 million barrier with $4.925 million.
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : April 27, 2015
It was a year of solid gains for The Am Law 100, especially for a burgeoning group of top firms.
Scott Flaherty and Rebekah Mintzer : The American Lawyer : April 27, 2015
Chen-Oster v. Goldman Sachs; SmartFlash v. Apple; Carpenter v. Ace Foam; In re Forex Benchmark Rates Antitrust Litigation
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : April 27, 2015
To help add context to our reporting on law firm profits, this year's Am Law 100 report adds a new metric, profits per lawyer.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : April 24, 2015
Across practice areas, Latham litigators gave masterful courtroom performances, taking home key jury wins while also persuading judges to make new law that helped the whole corporate defense bar.
: The Litigation Daily : April 24, 2015
The deal comes three years after AIG accused billionaire Steven Udvar-Hazy of pilfering its aircraft leasing unit, and three months after Quinn Emanuel stepped into the case.
Recorder staff : The Recorder : April 24, 2015
Ross Todd : The Recorder : April 23, 2015
They scored big wins -- including a $26.1 million verdict -- playing both offense and defense.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : April 20, 2015
Beth Wilkinson led a trial team that persuaded St. Louis jurors to clear Pfizer in the first trial of hundreds of pending cases linking Zoloft to birth defects.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : April 17, 2015
The company seems to be consolidating high-stakes cases with Gibson Dunn.
: The National Law Journal : April 15, 2015
The National Law Journal presents 75 of the most accomplished female attorneys working in the legal profession today.
Susan Beck : The Litigation Daily : April 15, 2015
In the latest case sparked by the alleged CDO shenanigans of hedge fund Magnetar Capital, the Second Circuit ruled that FGIC can pursue claims over a $1.5 billion CDO gone bad.
: The National Law Journal : April 13, 2015
Laterals and new arrivals in this week's column.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : April 08, 2015
Ninth Circuit judges seem ready to say Motorola waived objections to rate-setting method, which would leave Microsoft the winner and do little to clarify how such disputes should be litigated.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : April 06, 2015
Latham & Watkins' Gregory Garre helped convince a federal appeals court to throw out the mega-award on Monday, reversing a government victory in a roller-coaster case against UTC over fighter jet contracts.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 03, 2015
Crowell & Moring's environmental and natural resources chair decamps for a key client; Fried Frank hires a new litigation chief; McGuireWoods adds a former top Milbank litigator in Los Angeles; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Susan Beck : The American Lawyer : March 30, 2015
What could be more harmless than baby powder? But some studies have connected the use of talc products to ovarian cancer. Companies are lawyering up.