- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 710
- Gross Revenues: $1,103,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,555,000
- Profits Per Partner: $4,925,000
- Year Over Year Change: 3
Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, is a Los Angeles-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, has 710 attorneys and is the 52nd largest firm in the United States. With $1,103,500,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 23rd on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, ranked as the 33rd highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, IL and NY.
In the News
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : August 03, 2015
Covington & Burling, at the top of The National Law Journal's list of Washington's largest firms for the second consecutive year, added about 15 total lawyers last year in a time when elite firms, especially ones that focus on litigation, find the most ability to expand in Washington.
: Corporate Counsel : August 01, 2015
The Recorder Staff : The Recorder : July 31, 2015
This year's list of 60 women includes 10 "power players" who are using their positions and achievements to advocate for women.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : July 30, 2015
Judge Marsha Berzon OK'd the procedure a trial court developed to set royalty rates for standard-essential patents owned by Motorola.
MP McQueen : The American Lawyer : July 30, 2015
More than 40 percent of partners at Am Law 200 firms are in their 50s and 60s.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : July 30, 2015
Apple waited too long to seek stay of a patent suit filed by Smartflash, the Federal Circuit ruled 2-1.
Patience Haggin : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
A Q&A with Quinn Emanuel chair John Quinn on how his firm is overhauling its recruitment program.
David L. Brown : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
Am Law 200 firms get the lion's share of oral argument, an analysis finds.
Ben Bedell : New York Law Journal : July 24, 2015
Holding that a contract lawyer doing document review work for Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom "provided services that a machine could have provided," the Second Circuit overruled a lower court Thursday and said the lawyer could proceed with his claim for overtime pay.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : July 23, 2015
Raising novel questions about what it means to practice law, Kirschenbaum is taking on top law firms over their failure to pay overtime for the drudgery of contract lawyer document review.
P.J. D'Annunzio : The Legal Intelligencer : July 15, 2015
The plaintiffs in the Zoloft multidistrict litigation have asked the court to order discovery of ex parte email chains between drugmaker Pfizer's expert witness and authors of studies used in the litigation.
Richard Acello : The National Law Journal : July 13, 2015
"I love what we do; we protect those who protect us."
: The National Law Journal : July 13, 2015
As the U.S. Department of Justice investigates whether airlines conspired to keep ticket prices high, consumers are already going to court. Plus more in this week's column.
Zoe Tillman : The National Law Journal : July 13, 2015
The Washington Redskins football team vowed to fight a federal district judge's order last week canceling the team's trademark registrations as likely disparaging to Native Americans.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : July 10, 2015
Lawyers for Apple asked the Federal Circuit to halt a patent case poised for retrial on damages.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : July 10, 2015
The firm is hosting externs from local law schools through programs that are primarily geared toward public interest work.
Mark Hamblett : New York Law Journal : July 09, 2015
Immigration law that requires unwed fathers to live in the United States longer than unwed mothers when considering their children born abroad for citizenship is unconstitutional, the Second Circuit ruled Wednesday.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : July 09, 2015
Joshua Stein shares his reaction to ADP's defamation suit, explains why he turned to Orrick and praises California's anti-SLAPP law for evening the scales.
Zoe Tillman : The National Law Journal : July 08, 2015
A federal district judge in Virginia on Wednesday rejected the Washington Redskins' challenge to the cancellation of the team's trademarks as disparaging to Native Americans.
Julie Triedman : The Litigation Daily : July 07, 2015
In what is likely the leading edge of a rash of multibillion-dollar disputes involving the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the first round has gone to a group of bondholders.
Zoe Tillman : The National Law Journal : July 07, 2015
As the U.S. Department of Justice investigates whether airlines conspired to keep ticket prices high, consumers are already going to court, filing class actions in federal district courts across the country.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : July 06, 2015
Eitan Konstantino breached his fiduciary duty by developing a rival product while still a board member of AngioScore, ruled U.S. District Judge Yvonne Gonzalez Rogers.
Vivia Chen : The Careerist : July 06, 2015
Is your firm better off without a summer associate program?
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : July 06, 2015
The technology giant hasn't escaped the massive infringement verdict, but defense lawyers at Ropes & Grey headed off a potential $1.6 billion trebled damages award.
: The Recorder : July 02, 2015
Plus, a litigator's cautionary tale. And Fenwick's in demand.
Andrew Keshner : New York Law Journal : July 01, 2015
Sheila Birnbaum, a partner at Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, and Barry Cozier, senior counsel at LeClair Ryan and a former state judge, have been chosen by the state court system as members of a commission on judicial compensation.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : July 01, 2015
The firm's chair says Quinn Emanuel's cachet will be enough to draw aspiring litigators.
Michael D. Goldhaber : Focus Europe : July 01, 2015
Our survey finds more billion-dollar cases than ever—and they're being heard by the same tiny club of arbitrators.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 01, 2015
A leading structured finance team leaves Ashurst for Paul Hastings; a Quinn Emanuel associate development director moves on; Dentons closes on a combination; DLA Piper bolts on a boutique Down Under; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
: Corporate Counsel : July 01, 2015