- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 710
- Gross Revenues: $1,103,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,555,000
- Profits Per Partner: $4,925,000
- Year Over Year Change: 3
Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, is a Los Angeles-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, has 710 attorneys and is the 52nd largest firm in the United States. With $1,103,500,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 23rd on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, ranked as the 33rd highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, IL and NY.
In the News
Ross Todd : The Recorder : July 06, 2015
Eitan Konstantino breached his fiduciary duty by developing a rival product while still a board member of AngioScore, ruled U.S. District Judge Yvonne Gonzalez Rogers.
Vivia Chen : The Careerist : July 06, 2015
Is your firm better off without a summer associate program?
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : July 06, 2015
The technology giant hasn't escaped the massive infringement verdict, but defense lawyers at Ropes & Grey headed off a potential $1.6 billion trebled damages award.
: The Recorder : July 02, 2015
Plus, a litigator's cautionary tale. And Fenwick's in demand.
Andrew Keshner : New York Law Journal : July 01, 2015
Sheila Birnbaum, a partner at Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, and Barry Cozier, senior counsel at LeClair Ryan and a former state judge, have been chosen by the state court system as members of a commission on judicial compensation.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : July 01, 2015
The firm's chair says Quinn Emanuel's cachet will be enough to draw aspiring litigators.
Michael D. Goldhaber : Focus Europe : July 01, 2015
Our survey finds more billion-dollar cases than ever—and they're being heard by the same tiny club of arbitrators.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 01, 2015
A leading structured finance team leaves Ashurst for Paul Hastings; a Quinn Emanuel associate development director moves on; Dentons closes on a combination; DLA Piper bolts on a boutique Down Under; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
: Corporate Counsel : July 01, 2015
Amanda Bronstad : The National Law Journal : June 30, 2015
A federal judge has tentatively upheld a nearly $7.4 million jury verdict in the copyright battle over the hit song “Blurred Lines” but plans to reduce the damages amount.
Tony Mauro and Marcia Coyle : New York Law Journal : June 29, 2015
Same-sex couples have a constitutionally protected right to marry, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled Friday in a history-making victory for the gay civil rights movement.
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : June 29, 2015
Senate Finance Committee chair Orrin Hatch joins Microsoft in attacking the IRS' choice of counsel in a case against the tech giant.
Scott Flaherty, Scott Graham and Rebekah Mintzer : The American Lawyer : June 29, 2015
Apple v. Samsung; Eon Corp. v. AT&T Mobility; ASCAP v. Pandora; Chicago v. Purdue Pharma
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : The American Lawyer : June 29, 2015
Who's playing offense and defense in the U.S. government's massive anticorruption suit against officials of the international soccer organization.
Kim Kleman, editor-in-chief : The American Lawyer : June 23, 2015
We've uncovered some sobering statistics in our special report on women in Big Law.
Lisa Shuchman : Corporate Counsel : June 22, 2015
The Patent Trial and Appeal Board has granted pharmaceutical company Celgene Corp. permission to file a motion for sanctions for abuse of process against an organization created by hedge fund manager Kyle Bass.
Charles Toutant : New Jersey Law Journal : June 16, 2015
A former oil company executive who had faced 20 years in prison for bribing a Colombian government official has been sentenced to probation after a co-defendant who testified for the prosecution admitted giving false testimony.
: The National Law Journal : June 15, 2015
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 14, 2015
Willkie Farr, Winston & Strawn and Sheppard Mullin make hires from two struggling firms with California roots; Blank Rome bolts on an IP boutique in Houston; Fried Frank loses its last partner in Asia; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Gina Passarella : The Legal Intelligencer : June 12, 2015
A Philadelphia jury Thursday handed up a defense win in a suit brought by an Illinois woman who said her use of the antidepressant Zoloft during pregnancy was the cause of her daughter's congenital heart defects.
Andrew Keshner : New York Law Journal : June 09, 2015
The case has set off speculation among legal observers about the ultimate shape of the litigation and who has the advantage—the prosecution or defense.
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : June 08, 2015
Katherine Kimpel could look around a room of nearly 300 lawyers, mostly women, Monday night and see less than a half-dozen like her, a name partner of a prominent law firm. Clients need to hold firms accountable for gender imparity, said Kimpel, one of 75 honorees at The National Law Journal's Outstanding Women Lawyers dinner in New York.
: The Am Law Daily : June 05, 2015
At a London event, lawyers and firms are honored for excellence in transatlantic matters involving corporate, finance and litigation work, innovation, commitment to pro bono, outstanding transatlantic strategy and rising stars under 40.
Mike Scarcella : Legal Times : June 05, 2015
Dennis Hastert was more a big name than a revenue-generator at Dickstein Shapiro. Quinn Emanuel takes the field for FIFA. Justice Antonin Scalia offers graduation-day insight to an all-girls school in suburban Maryland. And a Brooklyn appeals court says a 31-year-old undocumented immigrant from Mexico is allowed to practice law. This is a roundup of news from ALM and other publications.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : The Am Law Daily : June 04, 2015
William Burck, a former deputy counsel to President George W. Bush, is advising soccer's embattled world governing body on a massive corruption investigation initiated by the U.S. Department of Justice and the FBI. Sidley Austin has also been called in to counsel CONCACAF, while Clifford Chance, Cleary Gottlieb and Holland & Knight are lining up for individual defendants.
Chris Johnson : The Am Law Daily : June 01, 2015
News that Linklaters is to finally modify its lockstep has raised fresh questions over the long-term future of the compensation system. But with some tinkering, lockstep may prove more durable than many think.
: Corporate Counsel : June 01, 2015
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : May 31, 2015
The appeal, which could help decide the fate of overtime claims against both Skadden and Quinn Emanuel, explores whether some contract lawyers' work shouldn't be considered legal practice.
Drew Combs : The American Lawyer : May 28, 2015
The group showed improvement, but its results lagged behind The Am Law 100's.
Scott Flaherty and Rebekah Mintzer : The American Lawyer : May 28, 2015
U.S. v. United Technologies; Pao v. Kleiner Perkins; Spinelli v. NFL; Pesante v. Pfizer