- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 710
- Gross Revenues: $1,103,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,555,000
- Profits Per Partner: $4,925,000
- Year Over Year Change: 3
Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, is a Los Angeles-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, has 673 attorneys and is the 58th largest firm in the United States. With $972,500,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 26th on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, ranked as the 33rd highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, IL and NY.
In the News
: The American Lawyer : April 27, 2015
Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz becomes the first firm to crack the $5 million profits-per-partner mark, coming in at $5.5 million. Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan was just shy of breaching the $5 million barrier with $4.925 million.
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : April 27, 2015
It was a year of solid gains for The Am Law 100, especially for a burgeoning group of top firms.
Scott Flaherty and Rebekah Mintzer : The American Lawyer : April 27, 2015
Chen-Oster v. Goldman Sachs; SmartFlash v. Apple; Carpenter v. Ace Foam; In re Forex Benchmark Rates Antitrust Litigation
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : April 27, 2015
To help add context to our reporting on law firm profits, this year's Am Law 100 report adds a new metric, profits per lawyer.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : April 24, 2015
Across practice areas, Latham litigators gave masterful courtroom performances, taking home key jury wins while also persuading judges to make new law that helped the whole corporate defense bar.
: The Litigation Daily : April 24, 2015
The deal comes three years after AIG accused billionaire Steven Udvar-Hazy of pilfering its aircraft leasing unit, and three months after Quinn Emanuel stepped into the case.
Recorder staff : The Recorder : April 24, 2015
Ross Todd : The Recorder : April 23, 2015
They scored big wins -- including a $26.1 million verdict -- playing both offense and defense.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : April 20, 2015
Beth Wilkinson led a trial team that persuaded St. Louis jurors to clear Pfizer in the first trial of hundreds of pending cases linking Zoloft to birth defects.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : April 17, 2015
The company seems to be consolidating high-stakes cases with Gibson Dunn.
: The National Law Journal : April 15, 2015
The National Law Journal presents 75 of the most accomplished female attorneys working in the legal profession today.
Susan Beck : The Litigation Daily : April 15, 2015
In the latest case sparked by the alleged CDO shenanigans of hedge fund Magnetar Capital, the Second Circuit ruled that FGIC can pursue claims over a $1.5 billion CDO gone bad.
: The National Law Journal : April 13, 2015
Laterals and new arrivals in this week's column.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : April 08, 2015
Ninth Circuit judges seem ready to say Motorola waived objections to rate-setting method, which would leave Microsoft the winner and do little to clarify how such disputes should be litigated.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : April 06, 2015
Latham & Watkins' Gregory Garre helped convince a federal appeals court to throw out the mega-award on Monday, reversing a government victory in a roller-coaster case against UTC over fighter jet contracts.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 03, 2015
Crowell & Moring's environmental and natural resources chair decamps for a key client; Fried Frank hires a new litigation chief; McGuireWoods adds a former top Milbank litigator in Los Angeles; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Susan Beck : The American Lawyer : March 30, 2015
What could be more harmless than baby powder? But some studies have connected the use of talc products to ovarian cancer. Companies are lawyering up.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : March 25, 2015
Willkie Farr & Gallagher's revelation that a former partner engaged in questionable communications with an opposing counsel has given ammunition to retailers who object to massive settlements in two antitrust cases involving credit card companies.
Jenna Greene : The National Law Journal : March 24, 2015
United States Telecom Association on Monday asked a federal appeals court in Washington to review the Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality rules.
Julie Triedman : The Litigation Daily : March 12, 2015
After four years of courtroom wrangling and more than $20 billion in settlements, the first trial is set to begin Monday in the Federal Housing Finance Agency's litigation campaign against banks that packaged and sold mortgage-backed securities.
Michael A. Riccardi : Delaware Business Court Insider : March 11, 2015
A Delaware federal judge has kicked out a $135 million lawsuit by a Texas-based company against Michael Milken and an associate over their sale of an education technology company.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : March 10, 2015
A Delaware judge threw out fraud allegations that Perelman's Harland Clarke Holdings had leveled against Michael Milken and GroupOn executive Raman Srinivasan.
Recorder Staff : The Recorder : March 06, 2015
In addition to overall and speciality practice awards, honorees include high-impact in-house counsel.
: The Asian Lawyer : March 04, 2015
On Tuesday night, The Asian Lawyer held its second annual Asia Legal Awards, celebrating the region's top law firms. As promised, here's the list of lucky winners.
Sheri Qualters : The National Law Journal : March 02, 2015
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : March 02, 2015
Declining to review a price-fixing case that defense lawyers have dubbed the "largest class action ever certified," the Supreme Court on Monday deprived Gibson Dunn's Ted Boutrous of a chance to slay another giant class suit, as he did in.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : February 25, 2015
Apple and its lawyers at Ropes & Gray lost the year's first mega-patent infringement verdict this week, when a jury in Tyler, Texas, awarded nearly $533 million to patent licensing company Smartflash LLC after finding that Apple willfully infringed three data storage patents.
Saranac Hale Spencer : The Legal Intelligencer : February 24, 2015
The first trial in the multidistrict litigation over Zoloft has been set for Nov. 9, which would trail the first state-court cases by about six months.
Amanda Bronstad : The National Law Journal : February 19, 2015
It's that time of year again: The red carpet rolls out in Hollywood, celebrities dress in their finest attire—and intellectual property lawyers scour the country to protect the Oscars brand.
Mark Hamblett : New York Law Journal : February 19, 2015
A U.S. Marine seeking to block a disciplinary proceeding he claims was brought because he alleged information was concealed in the 2012 murders of three fellow Marines in Afghanistan has lost his bid for a preliminary injunction.