- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Washington
- Head Count: 591
- Gross Revenues: $560,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $950,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,165,000
- Year Over Year Change: -1
Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman has 591 attorneys and is the 68th largest firm in the United States. With $560,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 60th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman ranked as the 71st highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, CT, DC, FL, NY, TN, TX and VA.
In the News
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : October 02, 2015
Forbes unveiled its tally of America's 400 wealthiest people this week, and while Texas lawyer Joe Jamail Jr. fell off the list, two former lawyers with real estate backgrounds—Rick Caruso and Sanford Diller—broke into the exclusive ranks.
Patience Haggin and Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : September 30, 2015
Consultants, recruiters and former partners weigh in on what Chadbourne & Parke and Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman stand to gain by merging with one another.
Patience Haggin and Brian Baxter : The Recorder : September 30, 2015
The appeal for James Rishwain's Pillsbury seems to be broader reach and a boost to depleted ranks.
Mike Sacks : Legal Times : September 29, 2015
Roberto Gonzalez, a top Treasury Department lawyer, joins Paul Weiss in D.C. Pillsbury elects D.C. lawyer David Dekker as the firm's next chairman. And Sen. Robert Menendez loses the bulk of his challenge to public corruption charges. This is a roundup of news from ALM and other publications.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : September 28, 2015
The D.C.-based successor to James Rishwain will have 15 months to get up to speed before assuming his new duties.
Ginny LaRoe : The National Law Journal : September 28, 2015
"Having lived through a war gave me a pretty good perspective on what is truly a bad day versus what is a normal bad day here. I tend to handle stress pretty well."
Christine Simmons/Julie Triedman : New York Law Journal : September 24, 2015
Chadbourne & Parke and Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman may be discussing a union. The two firms are actively engaged in discussions about a potential combination, according to four sources familiar with the matter, two of whom said a deal could be completed by October.
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : September 24, 2015
Some law firms see lateral movement and merger talks, several celebrities lawyer up, and our collection of coverage as Pope Francis traverses downtown: This is a round-up of legal news from ALM and around the country.
: The American Lawyer : September 23, 2015
The American Lawyer Global Disputes of the Year honor the winning team in transnational cases regardless of the venue.
Julie Triedman and Christine Simmons : The Am Law Daily : September 23, 2015
The two Am Law 100 firms, both of which have mulled the possibility of a combination in the past, could be poised to pull off a union by October.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : September 20, 2015
David Hardison, co-head of Fried Frank's professional services defense and counseling practice, decamps in Washington, D.C.; Boies Schiller brings back a former partner and adds an employee benefits head; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
: Texas Lawyer : September 18, 2015
Esmeralda Tinajero has joined the Dallas office of Winstead as an associate in the firm's real estate development and investment practice.
Angela Neville : Texas Lawyer : September 18, 2015
TDE Petroleum Data Solutions,recently a patent infringement lawsuit that it brought against AKM Enterprise d/b/a Moblize involving its patent on its technology for monitoring oil wells.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : September 17, 2015
A roundup of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : September 15, 2015
Chicago-based Winston & Strawn, an Am Law 100 firm long known for its litigation work, has announced that New York-based litigator Jeffrey Kessler will join Dan Webb in the largely ceremonial role as chairman of the firm.
: The National Law Journal : September 07, 2015
Laterals and new arrivals in this week's column.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : September 01, 2015
Private equity lawyer Gloria Liu joins from Goodwin Procter.
Marisa Kendall : Corporate Counsel : September 01, 2015
And if it's not enough, the plaintiff is trying to unredact the rest.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : September 01, 2015
The Beijing-based boutique firm has poached a mixed team of partners and senior counsel whose practices range from mergers and acquisitions to employment law.
: The National Law Journal : August 31, 2015
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Sue Reisinger : Corporate Counsel : August 28, 2015
Delaware's Chancery Court found the pair had misled investors when they took the company private.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : August 26, 2015
A decision that representing rival patent-seekers amounts to a conflict of interest would have dire consequences for lawyers and clients, according to an amicus brief from Morrison & Foerster, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman and several other firms.
: The Recorder : August 24, 2015
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
Susan Beck : The Am Law Daily : August 24, 2015
China's stock tumble, with its nerve-rattling aftershocks in the U.S., may cause law firms to further scrutinize their strategy in Asia.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : August 21, 2015
Maynard Cooper's low-cost base of operations means lower prices for clients, says managing partner Andrew Kitchen.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 19, 2015
Two top data privacy and security partners leave McDermott Will & Emery for Ropes & Gray; Latham & Watkins hires again from Clifford Chance in Germany; and more notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : August 17, 2015
Michael Sullivan specializes in emerging growth companies and venture capital.
: The National Law Journal : August 17, 2015
Kermit Roosevelt, the great-great-grandson of Theodore Roosevelt, has written a provocative new novel, "Allegiance." It recalls the World War II Supreme Court, when justices and clerks grappled with the cases that resulted in support for the U.S. exclusion policy toward Japanese-Americans. Plus more in this week's column.
Happy Carlock : Legal Times : August 13, 2015
Defending lawsuits filed by one of the most outspoken 2016 presidential candidates against a pair of celebrity chefs, Washington lawyers Paul Kiernan and Deborah Baum look like they can take the heat.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : August 13, 2015
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.