- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Philadelphia
- Head Count: 494
- Gross Revenues: $388,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $785,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,025,000
- Year Over Year Change: -2
Pepper Hamilton is a Philadelphia-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2016 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Pepper Hamilton has 494 attorneys and is the 87th largest firm in the United States. With $388,500,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 82nd on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Pepper Hamilton ranked as the 100th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, DE, FL, MA, MI, NJ, NY, PA and VA.
In the News
Lizzy McLellan : The Legal Intelligencer : July 07, 2016
As law firms nationwide experience a record pace for mergers and acquisitions, Philadelphia-area firms have accounted for a significant share of the activity.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : July 01, 2016
How directly the decision may impact any particular political corruption case, including that of U.S. Sen. Robert Menendez in New Jersey, is unclear. Criminal lawyers offer differing opinions.
Lizzy McLellan : The Legal Intelligencer : June 30, 2016
We asked several prominent Pennsylvania lawyers how they managed the stress of studying for the bar exam.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : June 27, 2016
New data on law firm mergers this year shows fewer international deals and a slowdown in major combinations.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 27, 2016
Several new recruits join Reed Smith; Latham & Watkins welcomes a former Sullivan & Cromwell partner in New York; Gibson Dunn grabs one and loses another; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
John Council : Texas Lawyer : June 16, 2016
Three women have filed a federal lawsuit against Baylor University in a Waco U.S. District Court, alleging that the university ignored their allegations of sexual assault while they were students.
Lizzy McLellan : The Legal Intelligencer : June 16, 2016
Dechert has raised its associate salaries across the country, starting at $180,000 for first-year associates.According to a memo obtained by The Legal, the new salary scale will be effective July 1. It includes salary increases for each class of associates, up to $315,000 for eighth-year associates and above.
The Legal Intelligencer : The Legal Intelligencer : June 16, 2016
Here are the 2016 Lawyers on the Fast Track.
Max Mitchell : The Legal Intelligencer : June 15, 2016
Labor leader John Dougherty will have to sit for a videotaped deposition under a ruling by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court in which five of the seven partiicipants are temporary members of the high court because of recusals.
Andrew Denney : New York Law Journal : June 14, 2016
A mother who lost custody of her children after she broke windows at their father's house and set fire to his clothes in the driveway should have received an evidentiary hearing, the state Court of Appeals has ruled.
Tom McParland : Delaware Business Court Insider : June 13, 2016
The Delaware Court of Chancery has disqualified a retired federal judge from serving as the sole member of parallel special litigation committees assessing derivative claims on behalf of two limited liability companies because he is not a manager of either entity.
Manny D. Pokotilow : The Legal Intelligencer : June 03, 2016
The 37th annual Philadelphia Bar Association 5K Charity Run/Walk took place May 15 with 1,300 participants either running or walking the 5K course. The race annually benefits the Support Center for Child Advocates' efforts to combat child abuse and to defend its unfortunate victims in Philadelphia.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 03, 2016
With Anheuser-Busch/InBev and SABMiller poised to create a beer industry giant, lawyers from several Am Law 200 firms have become founding members of a new nonprofit trade group for the craft beer industry.
Christopher B. Chuff, Joanna J. Cline, Douglas D. Herrmann and James H.S. Levine : Delaware Business Court Insider : June 01, 2016
On May 19, in Pell v. Kill, C.A. No. 12251-VCL, the Delaware Court of Chancery preliminarily enjoined certain directors of Cogentix Medical Inc. from completing a board reduction plan, under which such directors sought to reduce the size of the board from eight to five members.
John Council : Texas Lawyer : June 01, 2016
After being demoted last week from his job as Baylor University's president for not doing enough to stop rape on campus, Ken Starr has now announced that he's also leaving his job as the school's chancellor.
Gina Passarella : The Legal Intelligencer : May 31, 2016
From lawsuits alleging defamation to threats of physical violence from disgruntled employees, attorneys who conduct high-profile internal investigations face a bevy of risks as they delicately balance the needs of the client with what the public may come to learn.
Gina Passarella : The Legal Intelligencer : May 31, 2016
It would take a long trip down Legal affiliate The American Lawyer's diversity rankings to find a Pennsylvania-based law firm, but of the 16 firms in the state that were ranked based on percentages of minority attorneys, many saw notable improvements while a handful slid further down the ranks.
Tom McParland : Delaware Law Weekly : May 27, 2016
Of the nation's 100 top-grossing law firms, 21 operate offices in Wilmington, highlighting both the prominence of Delaware's legal market and the influence national firms have been able to exert in the First State.
JOHN COUNCIL : Texas Lawyer : May 26, 2016
Baylor University President Ken Starr, who is best known as the special prosecutor for investigating former President Bill Clinton's affair with an intern, was demoted from his job as president after the school's governing board found he didn't do enough to stop rape on campus.
John Council : Texas Lawyer : May 24, 2016
Baylor University President Ken Starr, who is best known as the special prosecutor for investigating former President Bill Clinton's affair with an intern, has reportedly been dismissed from his post by the school's Board of Regents—a move that shocked many prominent alumni of the school.
Sara J. Rose : The Legal Intelligencer : May 23, 2016
The U.S. Supreme Court called it "a form of punishment more primitive than torture," but banishment, a government action that bars someone from living in a given area, is having a resurgence in Pennsylvania. Municipalities that want to keep out certain kinds of residents are turning to their rental ordinances to restrict who can live in their communities.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 18, 2016
A half-dozen big firms shuffled practice leaders within the past week; Skadden snags a high-profile arbitration expert in Hong Kong; the founding partner of Weil's Rhode Island office departs; and other notable laterals from throughout The Am Law 200.
Lizzy McLellan : The Legal Intelligencer : May 10, 2016
In a case where the appeal itself has become the source of questions over recusals and quorum, an attorney for labor union leader John Dougherty argued before the Pennsylvania Supreme Court for new law to keep video depositions confidential, so they are not used for purposes other than litigation.
: The Legal Intelligencer : May 04, 2016
Jamie L. Augustinsky joined the Philadelphia office of Rawle & Henderson.