- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 891
- Gross Revenues: $877,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $985,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,595,000
- Year Over Year Change: -1
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe is a San Francisco-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe has 954 attorneys and is the 28th largest firm in the United States. With $867,500,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 30th on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe ranked as the 38th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, NY, OR, WA and WV.
In the News
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : April 27, 2015
It was a year of solid gains for The Am Law 100, especially for a burgeoning group of top firms.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : April 27, 2015
Perfect World will be the third Chinese gaming company, including Giant Interactive and Shanda Games, to delist in the last 18 months in the face of low valuations from investors.
Drew Combs : The American Lawyer : April 27, 2015
Most Am Law 100 firms had solid results in 2014, but some sector bets paid off especially well.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : April 24, 2015
Among its wins, the firm persuaded federal judges to reject a California Supreme Court ruling that was bad news for employers.
: The Recorder : April 24, 2015
When the stakes couldn't be higher, companies and executives turned to Latham to deliver.
Recorder staff : The Recorder : April 24, 2015
Ginny LaRoe : The Recorder : April 23, 2015
Strottman battled a giant utility, a government agency and three law firms to pin blame on PG&E for the massive pipeline rupture in San Bruno.
Billy Jacobson and Suzanne Rich Folsom : Corporate Counsel : April 23, 2015
The term "risk assessment" is thrown around early and often in ethics and compliance circles, but it often is hard to define what it means and what should be included in an ethics and compliance risk assessment.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : April 23, 2015
The venture-capital firm will waive its costs of $972,815 if Pao agrees to skip an appeal.
Vivia Chen : The Careerist : April 22, 2015
Despite low female partner rates, the firm gets Yale Law Women's top honors.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : April 22, 2015
While going to trial is "always nerve-wracking," sometimes a company has to take a stand, says Facebook's IP chief.
Tony Mauro : Supreme Court Brief : April 22, 2015
By loosening the deadlines for litigation against the federal government, the U.S. Supreme Court on Wednesday delivered a significant 5-4 win to plaintiffs including veterans and their families who bring tort claims against the United States.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : April 21, 2015
Latham & Watkins and Arnold & Porter will fight antitrust claims related to the resale of Golden State Warriors tickets.
: The American Lawyer : April 21, 2015
Levinson managed the Stockton, California bankruptcy and the restructuring of hundreds of millions of dollars in long-term obligations for Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe. Levinson had reached new agreements in 2013 with the city's nine labor unions, as well as with monoline insurers who backed about $275 million in debt. The city has since exited Chapter 9.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 21, 2015
K&L Gates sees six partners leave for four firms; some of Fried Frank's Asia lawyers find new homes; Jackson Lewis opens two new offices; Mayer Brown adds a practice leader; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Lisa Shuchman : Corporate Counsel : April 21, 2015
Remember the stacks of pirated DVDs, the copycat cars, the bogus phones? They still exist, but increasingly at the margins as China gets its intellectual property act together.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : April 20, 2015
Former Skadden counsel Hiroshi Sarumida will oversee the firm's Japan-related transactions practice in the U.S.
Karen Sloan : The National Law Journal : April 20, 2015
Law firms and corporate legal departments need creative thinking if they want the profession to become more inclusive, said attorneys who gathered in New York last week for a symposium organized by the Institute for Inclusion in the Legal Profession.
Brian Baxter and Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : April 19, 2015
Internal emails hacked from Sony Pictures Entertainment late last year have been released in a searchable database form by WikiLeaks. The document dump reveals frank discussions between the company's in-house lawyers and outside counsel on everything from legal fees and conflict waivers to pitches for business.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : April 17, 2015
The company seems to be consolidating high-stakes cases with Gibson Dunn.
: The National Law Journal : April 15, 2015
The National Law Journal presents 75 of the most accomplished female attorneys working in the legal profession today.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : April 15, 2015
Ralph Baxter became almost synonymous with his firm during his 22 years at the helm of Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe. On Monday, he announced his first official plans for his post-firm life: taking on board roles at two data analytics-oriented legal services innovators and chairing a new industry think tank.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 14, 2015
Duane Morris and McKool Smith saw a pair of oenophiles pull up stakes for new endeavors; Kirkland & Ellis adds one litigator and loses two more; Paul Hastings bolsters its banking group in London; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : April 10, 2015
Businesses want a consistent and clear standard, says Morgan Lewis' Reece Hirsch, but the federal government probably won't be able to deliver one any time soon.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : April 10, 2015
Times are tough for plaintiffs lawyers, who hope the court resists pressure to clamp down even further.
Douglas Luftman and Neel Chatterjee : Corporate Counsel : April 09, 2015
It's a bad time to be a patent troll. Thanks to recent reforms and court developments, greater efficiency and accountability have been injected into the patent system.
: The Am Law Daily : April 08, 2015
Africa is one of the world's final frontiers for large law firms, but despite a burgeoning market for legal services, some local leaders still reign supreme.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 07, 2015
Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr and Morrison & Foerster tap the U.S. Department of Justice for two notable hires; Kramer Levin adds a life sciences practice head; Nixon Peabody nabs a Jones Day band leader and other moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : April 06, 2015
U.S. District Judge Lucy Koh ruled that a suit accusing major studios of capping workers' salaries is barred by a a four-year statute of limitations.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : April 06, 2015
Paul Clement, the former U.S. solicitor general who is now a partner at high-profile appellate firm Bancroft PLLC in Washington, D.C., had his hourly rates slashed by a Northern District judge from $1,100 to $300 in an attorney fee award.