- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 954
- Gross Revenues: $867,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $910,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,695,000
- Year Over Year Change: -3
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe is a San Francisco-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe has 954 attorneys and is the 28th largest firm in the United States. With $867,500,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 30th on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe ranked as the 38th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, NY, OR, WA and WV.
In the News
: The American Lawyer : March 30, 2015
Levinson managed the Stockton, California bankruptcy and the restructuring of hundreds of millions of dollars in long-term obligations. Levinson had reached new agreements in 2013 with the city's nine labor unions, as well as with monoline insurers who backed about $275 million in debt. The city has since exited Chapter 9.
: The American Lawyer : March 30, 2015
Our Dealmakers of the Year package is no rote examination of the 2014's biggest transactions. Instead, we spotlight creative thinking, novel approaches and innovative work. Here we present 20 transactions—some big, some small—where effective lawyering truly made the difference.
Vivia Chen : The Careerist : March 30, 2015
Orrick's sad, funny ad; the anti-sodomite lawyer.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : March 30, 2015
Orrick's Lynne Hermle discusses the verdict, why she welcomed jurors' questions and how it feels to get hate mail.
: The Recorder : March 27, 2015
Plus, federal judge gives low marks to Perfect 10. And McDermott's IP group proves it's still breathing.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : March 27, 2015
After some unexpected chaos with the jury, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe partner Lynne Hermle scoops up a total defense win.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : March 26, 2015
No. 7: When that juror yelled out: "What's going on?"
Jenna Greene : Legal Times : March 25, 2015
A round up of legal news from ALM publications and around the web: closing arguments in the Kleiner Perkins gender discrimination case; Italy's high court weighs Amanda Knox's fate; are law firm arbitration client agreements enforceable?
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : March 25, 2015
In final arguments before jurors began deliberations, Therese Lawless urged them to reject the performance- and personality-based explanations put forth by Kleiner Perkins.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : March 24, 2015
Ellen Pao's lawyers tell the jury that she was fired because of her gender. But attorneys for the venture-capital firm offer a different take.
: New York Law Journal : March 23, 2015
In this Special Report from the New York Law Journal: "Ride-Sharing Companies Face Novel Liability Questions," "Avoiding Contract Disputes That Arise in Disaster Aftermath," "Commercial Arbitration: Expeditious Resolution, Or Wormhole of Unpredictability?" and "Advancement of Fees Is Alive and Well in the Commercial Division."
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : March 23, 2015
Winston & Strawn has confirmed its hire of Mats Carlston as co-chairman of its global finance practice, in addition to five more hires from Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman. Carlston spoke with The Am Law Daily about his move, which follows a group of 11 corporate, finance and private equity partners jumping to Winston & Strawn from Pillsbury earlier this month.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : March 20, 2015
Judge Harold Kahn said a reasonable juror could find Kleiner Perkins acted with malice, fraud or oppression.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : March 20, 2015
With closing arguments set for Tuesday, it's hard to guess who has the advantage.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : March 19, 2015
A Harvard Business School professor testified Thursday that the Silicon Valley V.C. firm is an industry leader in providing opportunities to women.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : March 18, 2015
Orrick's Lynne Hermle called a witness Wednesday who remembers a key conversation quite differently than Ellen Pao.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : March 17, 2015
Venture capitalist Randy Komisar told jurors a poetry collection he gave to Ellen Pao containing erotic imagery was an innocent gesture.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : March 16, 2015
As the defense launched its case Monday, Mary Meeker called Kleiner Perkins a great place to be a woman.
: The Recorder : March 13, 2015
Plus: Employment lawyers get a Lyft.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : March 13, 2015
Judging by the questions jurors asked, Kleiner Perkins' lawyer Lynne Hermle managed to make the gender-bias plaintiff look unprofessional and difficult.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : March 13, 2015
Having just completed his first year as chairman of Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson, David Greenwald is happy with his firm's "realignment." Fried Frank, which in January announced plans to shutter its offices in Asia, saw gross revenue remain flat in 2014, although profits per partner and revenue per lawyer both hit the highest marks in the firm's history.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : March 12, 2015
Kleiner Perkins lawyer elicits testimony that Ellen Pao impeded an investigation into her claims and said eight figures would buy her silence.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : March 11, 2015
Jay Gould and Michael Wu are joining Winston & Strawn's financial services and investment practice, which Gould will help lead.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : March 11, 2015
Less than a week after Winston & Strawn hired Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman's structured products practice head, it is poised to pick up another 10 corporate, finance and private equity partners from the same firm.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : March 11, 2015
The firm's attacks on Ellen Pao get personal on Day 2 of an aggressive cross-examination.
: New York Law Journal : March 10, 2015
Among other honors, the New Rochelle Bar Association received the New York Conference of Bar Leaders 2014 Bar Leaders Innovation Award for Small Bar Associations and Montgomery McCracken chairman Richard Scheff has been honored by the Partnership for After School Education as its 2015 Afterschool Champion.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : March 10, 2015
Orrick's Lynne Hermle questioned Ellen Pao on Tuesday about an office affair and whether she had the skills to succeed as a venture capitalist.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : March 09, 2015
Ellen Pao testified Monday that male leaders of the venture-capital firm repeatedly ignored her grievances.
Recorder Staff : The Recorder : March 06, 2015
In addition to overall and speciality practice awards, honorees include high-impact in-house counsel.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : March 06, 2015
Judge Harold Kahn is allowing jurors to submit written questions, like one that asked why more women don't rise in venture capital.