- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 891
- Gross Revenues: $877,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $985,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,595,000
- Year Over Year Change: -1
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe is a San Francisco-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe has 891 attorneys and is the 33rd largest firm in the United States. With $877,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 31st on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe ranked as the 38th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, NY, OR, WA and WV.
In the News
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : August 27, 2015
Patrick Ellisen joins the firm's Silicon Valley office from Greenberg Traurig.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 25, 2015
K&L Gates offsets a series of partner departures with hires in Dallas and Asia; Ashurst brings back a private equity pro from Skadden; Boies Schiller bags one from Cravath; a McKenna Long founder decamps; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The Recorder : August 24, 2015
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
: The American Lawyer : August 24, 2015
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : August 24, 2015
The billable hour may rule for now, but alternative fee arrangements are being used in almost every type of legal work, even in the largest transactions and disputes. Clients say they like the predictability; some firms are openly resistant. Who will win?
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : August 21, 2015
U.S. District Judge Lucy Koh will allow a proposed class action to move forward against DreamWorks, Pixar, The Walt Disney Company and Lucasfilm.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : August 21, 2015
Maynard Cooper's low-cost base of operations means lower prices for clients, says managing partner Andrew Kitchen.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 19, 2015
Two top data privacy and security partners leave McDermott Will & Emery for Ropes & Gray; Latham & Watkins hires again from Clifford Chance in Germany; and more notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : August 18, 2015
The Center for Medical Progress, which has released a string of controversial hidden-camera videos, argues that a lawsuit against the group amounts to prior restraint.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : August 18, 2015
The Cupertino company filed a declaratory judgment on Monday to bar Eon Corp. IP Holdings from striking again with new infringement theory.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : August 17, 2015
Michael Sullivan specializes in emerging growth companies and venture capital.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : August 17, 2015
With IP leadership under his belt, the top in-house biotech lawyer now gets to tackle strategy.
Cheryl Miller : The Recorder : August 14, 2015
Emails surfaced by the search giant show relationsihp between partner hired by Microsoft and the Mississippi AG probing Google's practices.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : August 12, 2015
Prosecutors in the Northern District of California are in the right place to take the lead on cybersecurity, trade secrets theft and digital currency, the outgoing U.S. attorney said in an interview.
: The National Law Journal : August 10, 2015
Lateral moves in this week's column.
: The National Law Journal : August 10, 2015
The firms around him have merged, failed and moved, but celebrity trial lawyer William "Billy" Martin hasn't changed his practice. Plus more in this week's column.
Tony Mauro : The National Law Journal : August 07, 2015
Recent filings in an attorney fee request in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit lift the veil on the four-figure hourly rates charged by top advocates before the U.S. Supreme Court. Thomas Goldstein of Washington's Goldstein & Russell is seeking nearly $306,000 in fees for winning a key Fourth Amendment case. The amount is based in part on Goldstein's $1,100 hourly fee, plus $750 for partner Kevin Russell and $600 for partner Tejinder Singh.
Happy Carlock : Legal Times : August 07, 2015
The U.S. Supreme Court made an appearance, if fleeting, at the first GOP Republican presidential debates. The Pennsylvania attorney general was one of two state AGs charged this week in unrelated criminal cases. And a civil suit against former AIG executives seems never-ending. This is a news roundup from ALM and other publications.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : August 05, 2015
A San Jose jury submitted more than 200 questions during the 11-day patent trial, ultimately siding with Mountain View's MobileIron.
Happy Carlock : Legal Times : August 05, 2015
Google wants a California federal judge to force Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe to hand over documents. Lawyers for Rod Blagojevich asked the full U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit to hear his challenge to his public corruption conviction. Donald Trump's going after another celebrity chef. And the American Bar Association's House of Delegates Tuesday passed a resolution that will urge law schools to better educate students about their student loans. This is a news roundup from ALM and other publications.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : August 04, 2015
Former Kirkland & Ellis partner Ya-Chiao Chang specializes in U.S. patent litigation.
Cheryl Miller : The Recorder : August 04, 2015
Lawyers at Wilson Sonsini want Orrick to turn over documents they say will tie it to a questionable probe undertaken by Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : August 04, 2015
Federal Circuit panel says patent damages off limits for products manufactured, used and sold outside the U.S.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 04, 2015
Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy brings on a Jones Day M&A duo in New York, as the firm watched two others head for the door; Morrison & Foerster adds a pair from Crowell & Moring; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : August 03, 2015
U.S. District Judge William Orrick III won't lift a temporary restraining order sought by the National Abortion Federation and its counsel at Morrison & Foerster.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : August 02, 2015
MoFo, working pro bono, secured a temporary restraining order against the release of more anti-abortion videos in the Planned Parenthood controversy. In other news, Cleary Gottlieb, Gibson Dunn and Latham had victories of their own.
: The Recorder : July 31, 2015
MoFo moves over. And Haag moves on.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : July 31, 2015
Sonal Mehta is the latest to leave a legendary litigation practice that at its peak counted 120 lawyers nationwide.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : July 31, 2015
Hidden-camera videos were the result of fraud, trespass and other illegal acts, according to a suit filed Friday by Morrison & Foerster.
The Recorder Staff : The Recorder : July 31, 2015
This year's list of 60 women includes 10 "power players" who are using their positions and achievements to advocate for women.