- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 916
- Gross Revenues: $913,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $995,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,790,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe is a San Francisco-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2016 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe has 917 attorneys and is the 31st largest firm in the United States. With $913,000,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 31st on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2015 Global 100 survey, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe ranked as the 39th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, NY, OR, WA and WV.
In the News
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 11, 2016
Jones Day recruits two new partners on opposite coasts after a top restructuring duo departs; Milbank makes a rare lateral hire; Paul Hastings makes some high-profile additions; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Roy Strom : The Am Law Daily : July 08, 2016
The murder of five Dallas police officers by a sniper Thursday night sparked widespread condemnation, dismay and sadness in the aftermath of the tragic shooting of two black men this week in Louisiana and Minnesota. And lawyers were among the first to weigh in.
: The Recorder : July 08, 2016
Plus, Glaser Weil wants out of VC suit. And the (non)progress of Koh's elevation.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : July 07, 2016
Lawyers for Oracle America Inc. are seeking to revive the company's copyright lawsuit against Silicon Valley rival Google Inc., contending that the search giant withheld its plans to make Android apps available on laptops and desktops.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 07, 2016
Those controversial deal tables are out again, with White & Case, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett, Sullivan & Cromwell and Davis Polk & Wardwell all jockeying for position as the quarterly so-called King of M&A.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : July 06, 2016
David Callaway, the chief of the criminal division of the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Northern District of California, plans to leave the office later this month.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 06, 2016
Three new laterals at Orrick; a pair of Honigman practice leaders land at Foley & Lardner; Gibson Dunn recruits from the Justice Department; Latham & Watkins welcomes a top SEC official; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : July 04, 2016
After managing the patent system for the UN, James Pooley goes back to Big Law to help clients with trade secret cases.
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : July 01, 2016
Rebekah Mintzer : Corporate Counsel : June 30, 2016
The New York State Department of Financial Services on Thursday published new regulations that impose greater requirements on banks licensed in the state to monitor for and flag potentially illegal transactions. The rules also bring stricter obligations on board members and senior officers to certify compliance.
Justin Cooper : The Recorder : June 29, 2016
If California legalizes recreational pot, it could generate $1 billion a year in government revenue--unless banking laws ruin everything.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : June 29, 2016
Many of June's most notable lateral hires involved litigators exiting the Justice Department and the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York. Other significant moves featured lawyers who specialize in being adverse to the government. Thanks, Uncle Sam.
Scott Flaherty : The American Lawyer : June 27, 2016
Orrick gets protesters' convictions reversed.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 27, 2016
While Friday's Brexit vote has likely cast a potential shadow over cross-border M&A activity, a number of timely billion-dollar tie-ups were announced amid the U.K.'s decision to leave the European Union.
Marcia Coyle : The National Law Journal : June 24, 2016
Two U.S. Supreme Court veterans moved swiftly this week to apply a pair of June 20 high court rulings to pending cases in federal appeals courts. Lawyers for Microsoft Corp. and the attorneys for the mortgage lender PHH Corp. said they found supporting positions in the high court rulings.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : June 23, 2016
After a week-long trial in Los Angeles federal court, litigators from Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe won a jury verdict in favor of homeopathic drug maker Boiron Inc. last week in a false advertising class action.
Frances Ivens : Legal Week : June 21, 2016
The Chinese ecommerce company will take over the Chinese online business Yihaodian and in exchange give a 5 percent stake to the American retailer.
Marcia Coyle : The National Law Journal : June 21, 2016
One day after the U.S. Supreme Court decided a key question on the global application of federal laws, Microsoft Corp. seized on the decision to bolster its argument that the United States cannot enforce a search warrant for emails stored on a foreign computer.
Ben Hancock : The Recorder : June 17, 2016
Jason Lohr is the attorney trying to get plaintiffs' counsel booted in the Uber case.
Amanda Bronstad : The National Law Journal : June 17, 2016
Defense verdict in a class action at the Los Angeles-based Central District of California federal court over the labeling of a homeopathic flu remedy.
C. Ryan Barber and Rebekah Mintzer : Corporate Counsel : June 17, 2016
The SEC is enjoying a winning streak in cases challenging the constitutionality of its administrative proceedings. But the real test cases may be yet to come.
Susan Beck : The Am Law Daily : June 16, 2016
The co-chairs of McDermott, Will & Emery surprised their partnership when they announced Monday that they'll step down at the end of this year. Insiders pointed to several potential candidates to replace them.
Rebekah Mintzer : Corporate Counsel : June 15, 2016
Microsoft Corp. is strongly opposing the National Labor Relations Board's revised "joint employer" standard, saying in a friend-of-the-court brief in Washington that the agency's approach could discourage companies from establishing corporate social responsibility programs.
Ricci Dipshan : Legaltech News : June 15, 2016
Winner litigators discuss how finding the right balance in using legal tech is pivotal, and their apprehension on what some see as shaky vendor reliability.
Cheryl Miller : The Recorder : June 15, 2016
Gov. Jerry Brown has dropped major portions of his plan to curb wage-and-hour litigation in the wake of heavy lobbying by the plaintiffs bar and organized labor.
Zach Warren : Legaltech News : June 13, 2016
For our 2016 Innovation Awards, LTN is recognizing select legal leaders and technology companies for outstanding, innovative achievements.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 13, 2016
Former eBay general counsel Michael Jacobson returns to Cooley in Silicon Valley; a Kirkland & Ellis seeks a shave; Greenberg Traurig grows in Israel; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.