- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 916
- Gross Revenues: $913,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $995,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,790,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe is a San Francisco-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe has 891 attorneys and is the 33rd largest firm in the United States. With $877,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 31st on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe ranked as the 39th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, NY, OR, WA and WV.
In the News
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : April 29, 2016
Scott Stengel is moving from UMB to Ally Financial. He's a former partner at Orrick and King & Spalding.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : April 28, 2016
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe has launched a project with the Americans for Safe Access Foundation—a national cannabis advocacy group—to provide pro bono support to medical marijuana patients.
Legaltech News Staff : Legaltech News : April 28, 2016
Law firms, legal departments and technology purveyors will be honored during Legaltech West Coast on June 13.
Chris Johnson : The Am Law Daily : April 28, 2016
Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle will become one of the small number of international firms with offices in Switzerland when it opens in Geneva next month.
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : April 27, 2016
K&L Gates has expanded well beyond its Pittsburgh roots. The firm says it's on the verge of greatness. Others disagree.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : April 26, 2016
At least three law firms are now working with First Republic Bank to help their associates pay down hundreds of thousands in law school debt at reduced rates. Dozens of others are working with nontraditional lenders such as SoFi to implement similar programs.
Mary Ellen Egan : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
Female trial lawyers are still a minority in the nation's courtrooms. What will it take to change that disparity?
Nell Gluckman : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
As New York emerges as a hot spot for entrepreneurial activity, law firms are hiring partners with expertise in representing early-stage companies.
Marcia Coyle : Supreme Court Brief : April 25, 2016
It was a David versus Goliath battle on the field of copyright law. David emerged victorious with a little help from the U.S. Supreme Court in 2013. Now David wants more than $2 million in attorney fees. The biblical analogy came from Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg during Monday's high court arguments in Kirtsaeng v. John Wiley & Sons. And just like three years ago, the justices did not seem satisfied with either argument.
David Ruiz : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
Native Silicon Valley firms benefited the most, but others saw gains as well.
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
Ross Todd : The Recorder : April 22, 2016
The list is out! And California firms outpaced their peers in a year of glacial growth.
Ricci Dipshan : Legaltech News : April 22, 2016
A roundup of blog posts and other musings from in and around the legal tech community.
Robert Karwic, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe : Legaltech News : April 21, 2016
The more your firm can feel confidently rooted in its technology knowledge, the less fear your will have of falling behind or being replaced.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : April 21, 2016
The firm is advising solar energy giant SunEdison Inc. on its Chapter 11 filing in New York, the largest by any U.S. company so far this year.
Zoe Tillman : The National Law Journal : April 21, 2016
In a rare public speech since his nomination to the U.S. Supreme was announced, Chief Judge Merrick Garland of the D.C. Circuit delivered remarks at the court's annual pro bono recognition breakfast. He urged lawyers to do more to close the access-to-justice gap.
: New York Law Journal : April 20, 2016
Four firms announce new additions, while Littler Mendelson announces new co-chairs of the firm's financial services industry group and Skadden names six new partners.
: The Am Law Daily : April 20, 2016
Before The American Lawyer's complete annual Am Law 100 report is released on April 25, take a peek at preliminary reporting on law firm financials from The Am Law Daily and its regional affiliates.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : April 18, 2016
Patrick Smith, co-chair of DLA Piper's white-collar and investigations group, has formed a new firm in New York called Smith Villazor with Rodney Villazor, a fellow former federal prosecutor who joined the global legal giant's litigation group last year.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 17, 2016
After a slow start to 2016, capital markets in the U.S. are finally warming up with a bevy of high-profile public listings for a pair of big casino companies, as well as an electronic exchange operator, all of whom are sending millions in legal fees to Am Law 100 coffers.
: The Recorder : April 16, 2016
The Recorder is celebrating the California lawyers who won big last year and highlighting the departments, litigators and in-house lawyers who delivered exceptional results on their clients' most critical and challenging matters.
Ben Hancock : The Recorder : April 15, 2016
The firm knocked out whistleblower claims against Broadcom and was resolute in its defense of a client's arbitration agreement. Then there was that little matter of Ellen Pao v. Kleiner Perkins.
Ben Hancock : The Recorder : April 15, 2016
If trial is the true test of a firm's litigation prowess, Orrick reigned in 2015 with wins in high-stakes employment and IP cases.
Tony Mauro : Supreme Court Brief : April 13, 2016
The final argument cycle of the current U.S. Supreme Court term will begin and end with a bang, with a roster of veteran advocates traipsing to the lectern in between.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 13, 2016
Two longtime Am Law 100 partners start post-legal careers; Kirkland & Ellis hires in Germany; Orrick grows in Europe; Reed Smith makes moves amid merger talks; White & Case goes to Boston; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : April 12, 2016
Plenty of small intellectual property boutiques handle patent and trademark prosecution, but a two-lawyer IP litigation shop is more rare. Dan Kent and Steve Risley, both experienced IP litigators, have started just such a shop, Kent & Risley.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : April 12, 2016
Firm lawyers extracted $234 million from Apple and broke new ground on Section 101 patent eligibility.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : April 12, 2016
After three years on the job, Mitchell Zuklie talks about what's changed since he took over the reins of the firm from longtime leader Ralph Baxter.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : April 12, 2016
As New York's so-called Silicon Alley asserts itself, big firms are responding by hiring lawyers who work with emerging companies based on the East Coast.
Ben Hancock : The Recorder : April 12, 2016
As he helped the firm defeat Ellen Pao's gender bias charges, Kleiner Perkins' GC tried to keep his colleagues focused on investing.