- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 891
- Gross Revenues: $877,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $985,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,595,000
- Year Over Year Change: -1
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe is a San Francisco-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe has 891 attorneys and is the 33rd largest firm in the United States. With $877,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 31st on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe ranked as the 38th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, NY, OR, WA and WV.
In the News
: The Recorder : July 31, 2015
MoFo moves over. And Haag moves on.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : July 31, 2015
Sonal Mehta is the latest to leave a legendary litigation practice that at its peak counted 120 lawyers nationwide.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : July 31, 2015
Hidden-camera videos were the result of fraud, trespass and other illegal acts, according to a suit filed Friday by Morrison & Foerster.
The Recorder Staff : The Recorder : July 31, 2015
This year's list of 60 women includes 10 "power players" who are using their positions and achievements to advocate for women.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : July 30, 2015
Orrick litigators are in the driver's seat after appellate win.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 29, 2015
K&L Gates, which has watched more than 90 partners depart this year, saw another handful leave within the past week; Morrison & Foerster picks up an Asian litigation leader; O'Melveny & Myers adds one in London; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Monica Paquette : New York Law Journal : July 29, 2015
The law firm of Polsinelli, which has substantially expanded its New York City presence on several occasions since opening an office in 2003, is more than doubling its space this time around in its move to 600 Third Ave. Also, the Nonprofit Finance Fund is relocating its headquarters downtown to 5 Hanover Square.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : July 29, 2015
On her watch, the office launched big-ticket cases against FedEx and PG&E and secured guilty pleas from ex-state senator Leland Yee and corrupt Silk Road investigators.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : July 28, 2015
Adrian Yip, who started at the San Francisco-based firm on Tuesday, advises on asset recoveries, corporate restructurings and intellectual property disputes.
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : July 28, 2015
A select group of Am Law 200 firms are among those touted by Working Mother magazine and consulting firm Flex-Time Lawyers for their annual look at the 50 best firms for women, based on metrics like family-friendly policies and percentage of female partners.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : July 28, 2015
Brian Olasov is a numbers guy who's spent the last 25 years working at a law firm. An expert in real estate finance, Olasov occupies a unique niche.
Jim Schroeder : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
Paul Hastings keeps its top spot in The American Lawyer's latest survey of the best of the best in Big Law.
David Bario, Susan Beck, Scott Flaherty, Marissa Kendall and Rebekah Mintzer : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
U.S. v. Rainey; Davies v. Broadcom; In the matter of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts; ACE Securities v. DB Structured Products; Cook v. Rockwell; Capitol Records v. Sirius XM; Gold v. Anthem
David L. Brown : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
Am Law 200 firms get the lion's share of oral argument, an analysis finds.
Kim Kleman, editor-in-chief : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
The overall scores in our yearly A-List survey keep rising. But even among A-Listers, there's room to improve.
Jim Schroeder : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
Who's Up, who's down, and how so many of the same A-List winners keep managing to come back for more.
Richard Acello : The National Law Journal : July 27, 2015
"My day doesn't end at 6."
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : July 24, 2015
After Holland & Knight moved to preserve its share of $500,000 in fees awarded to former partner Charles Gibbs in two trust and estate matters, Gibbs shot back with a claim that the firm still owes him more than $1 million in compensation.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : July 23, 2015
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 22, 2015
Squire Patton Boggs sees more partners depart; two more lawyers peel away from O'Melveny & Myers; another IP litigator leaves Kenyon & Kenyon; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : July 20, 2015
Elizabeth Cole previously worked in Shanghai and Hong Kong for Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe.
Cheryl Miller : The Recorder : July 16, 2015
California's attorney general took in $1.6 million between April 1 and June 30, records show, including donations from Nossaman, Orrick and DLA Piper.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : July 16, 2015
The firm has decided to consolidate its European arbitration practice and relocate its two Geneva partners by Sept. 30, 2015.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : July 14, 2015
Ning Zhang joins after 10 years with O'Melveny & Myers, most recently as counsel.
Chris DiMarco : Legaltech News : July 14, 2015
Ellen Pao may have lost her case against Kleiner Perkins but the case could still have wide ranging cultural implications.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 14, 2015
High-powered plaintiffs shop Hausfeld hires two antitrust litigators from Greenberg Traurig to open in the Big Apple; Greenberg Traurig opens its first office in Germany; Pillsbury picks up two; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Chris Johnson : The Am Law Daily : July 14, 2015
Greenberg Traurig is to launch in Germany later this year, picking up the Berlin office of U.K.-based Olswang, the U.S. firm announced Tuesday.
Erin E. Harrison : Legaltech News : July 14, 2015
The startups, each of which were given exhibit space in the CodeX Pavilion at Legaltech West, demonstrated an eclectic array of products and services.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : July 09, 2015
Joshua Stein shares his reaction to ADP's defamation suit, explains why he turned to Orrick and praises California's anti-SLAPP law for evening the scales.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 09, 2015
It was another big deal week for Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, which took the lead on a $12.5 billion buy for beauty products behemoth Coty, as an insider trading case involving a 6-year-old transaction by the firm forced a partner to take early retirement.