- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 891
- Gross Revenues: $877,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $985,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,595,000
- Year Over Year Change: -1
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe is a San Francisco-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe has 891 attorneys and is the 33rd largest firm in the United States. With $877,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 31st on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe ranked as the 39th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, NY, OR, WA and WV.
In the News
Scott Graham : The Recorder : February 10, 2016
Petitions for inter partes review don't have to be accepted on an all-or-nothing basis, Judge Timoty Dyk ruled in a dispute between Synopsys and Mentor Graphics.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : February 09, 2016
A year after Morgan Lewis absorbed Bingham McCutchen, several lawyers from the latter find new homes; Fried Frank welcomes back an ex-partner; Jenner & Block brings on an M&A leader; and other additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : February 09, 2016
The firms led the way in negative and positive head count growth for the Am Law 200 over the past 14 months.
Ed Silverstein : Legaltech News : February 08, 2016
Among the projects out of the new lab are a court messaging system, reimagined pro bono, and a better Internet for legal help.
: New Jersey Law Journal : February 08, 2016
A New Jersey man has filed a class action complaint against the online review site Angie's List for allegedly manipulating its search results and rankings for economic gain.
Nell Gluckman : The American Lawyer : February 08, 2016
With large firms hungry for more patent litigation work, smaller IP specialty shops are hot properties.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : February 06, 2016
In order granting a preliminary injunction, Judge William Orrick III wrote that secretly recorded videos were "misleadingly edited" and obtained through fraud.
Susan Beck : The Am Law Daily : February 04, 2016
After four years of rising revenue, McDermott Will & Emery saw its gross revenue slip in 2015, while profits rose 3.3 percent for the firm's somewhat diminished equity partnership.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : February 04, 2016
Attorney Lori Andrus invoked California's Fair Pay Act in a suit that accuses Farmers Insurance of paying female lawyers less than their male counterparts.
Cheryl Miller : The Recorder : February 03, 2016
Set forth as an addendum to Gov. Jerry Brown's 2016-17 state budget, the proposal is likely to spark fierce opposition from the plaintiffs bar.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : February 03, 2016
DLA Piper loses three practice leaders but merges in Europe; another Dickstein Shapiro partner departs; Jones Day opens in Brisbane; Orrick unveils its Houston hires; Quinn Emanuel adds an Israel expert; and other moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : February 03, 2016
Orrick chose a logistically complex mix-and-match approach to populate its new Texas outpost.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : February 02, 2016
A total of 15 Houston lawyers from six firms have started working at Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe's new Houston office over the last two weeks.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : February 01, 2016
Scott Flaherty and Jenna Greene : The American Lawyer : February 01, 2016
MBI International Holdings v. Barclays Bank; Depomed v. Horizon Pharma; Federal Trade Commission v. Wyndham; Worldwide Consortium de Realisation v. Tapie.
: The Recorder : January 29, 2016
Plus, S.F. attorney picked to lead data breach class actions. And a judge in trouble for treatment of women.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : January 29, 2016
The crested macaque Naruto doesn't have standing under the Copyright Act, ruled U.S. District Judge William Orrick III.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : January 28, 2016
Partner who left Orrick for Venable didn't carry a conflict with him, ruled U.S. District Judge Haywood Gilliam.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : January 28, 2016
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : January 28, 2016
He won't impose sanctions for statements in open court, but Judge William Alsup said he'll rethink his decision if more sensitive information is exposed.
Celia Ampel : Daily Business Review : January 27, 2016
South Florida lawyers helped negotiate a more than $5 million settlement with the owners of El Faro, the ship that sank in October during Hurricane Joaquin.
Chris Johnson : The Am Law Daily : January 27, 2016
The shakeup of the German legal market shows no signs of abating in 2016, as Latham & Watkins has sought to rebuild its private equity offering in the country by hiring partner and practice head Rainer Traugott in Munich from Magic Circle firm Linklaters.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : January 27, 2016
Kirkland & Ellis is stepping up its litigation practice in Houston with the addition of lateral partner Anna Rotman from top trial boutique Yetter Coleman.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : January 27, 2016
Acting U.S. Attorney Brian Stretch discussed changes in his office at an annual gathering of federal law enforcement officials and defense lawyers.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 27, 2016
Paul Hastings and Kirkland & Ellis and several other big firms make key additions in Texas; Greenberg Traurig, Orrick and Sidley Austin keep hiring; Wilson Sonsini welcomes back a favorite son; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : January 26, 2016
Ed Batts in Menlo Park will share leadership of the global practice group with a Hong Kong-based partner.
Zach Warren : Legaltech News : January 22, 2016
The Irish Computer Society survey found 71 percent said the breaches were caused inadvertently by staff members.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 21, 2016
Besides allying with Rudy Giuliani in an election year, Greenberg Traurig has hired several other notable partners this month; Orrick opens in Houston; Paul Weiss litigators start their own boutique; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : January 19, 2016
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe opened an office in Houston on Jan. 19, with plans for about 20 partners from a number of firms in Houston to initially staff the California-based firm's first Texas outpost.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : January 19, 2016
After the Supreme Court's decision last week to rule on fundamental questions about the proceedings, lawyers like Finnegan's Erika Arner say "the sooner, the better."