- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 891
- Gross Revenues: $877,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $985,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,595,000
- Year Over Year Change: -1
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe is a San Francisco-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe has 891 attorneys and is the 33rd largest firm in the United States. With $877,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 31st on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe ranked as the 38th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, NY, OR, WA and WV.
In the News
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : July 02, 2015
Pillsbury chair Jim Rishwain answered our questions about a spate of recent partner defections, the firm's merger outlook, and the search for his eventual replacement.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : July 02, 2015
Two years after Colin Stretch took over as GC, his department continues to send most legal work to three firms.
Rebecca Geiger : Global Lawyer News : July 01, 2015
In the largest recent M&A deals across Europe, which law firms got the work?
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 01, 2015
A leading structured finance team leaves Ashurst for Paul Hastings; a Quinn Emanuel associate development director moves on; Dentons closes on a combination; DLA Piper bolts on a boutique Down Under; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
: Corporate Counsel : July 01, 2015
: The National Law Journal : June 29, 2015
There is no official drink of the State Bar of Georgia, but one fiery concoction has enough precedent to merit unofficial status. Plus: reimbursing mock trials and overzealous German parking cops in this week's column.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : June 29, 2015
The copyright case will return to U.S. District Judge William Alsup for a retrial on whether Google has a fair-use defense.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : June 26, 2015
The company has tapped Orrick to fight claims its executives fostered a misogynistic culture and stood in the way of advancement for female employees.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : June 26, 2015
SF lawyers reflect on culmination of long fight for marriage equality.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : June 26, 2015
… And about the long road to equality.
John Council : Texas Lawyer : June 24, 2015
"It's a message to federal district judges that when you do your work right, we're going to recognize it," Jon Suder said of his client Lighting Ballast's win before the Federal Circuit.
Kim Kleman, editor-in-chief : The American Lawyer : June 23, 2015
We've uncovered some sobering statistics in our special report on women in Big Law.
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : June 23, 2015
The so-called Rule of Three says that culture doesn't change with only one or two women on powerful committees.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 23, 2015
A month after opening a second office in Los Angeles, Sidley Austin raids Paul Hastings for a real estate pro; Proskauer Rose picks up a regional private equity head from Baker & McKenzie; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : June 23, 2015
After 2 1/2 years of litigation, Berkeley solo Andrew Dhuey claims victory for Lighting Ballast.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 22, 2015
Partner earnings are still making their way into client coffers through law firm investment funds—and firms are reaping both returns and deal work from their investment targets.
Anita Abedian : The Litigation Daily : June 19, 2015
Bayer raised multiple objections to the fees of Dow's lawyers at Orrick, including overstaffing claims, but the judge noted that Bayer had the same number of attorneys working for it.
Vivia Chen : The Careerist : June 19, 2015
Forty-four firms get WILEF's seal of approval.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : June 19, 2015
Employers like Open Text steer disputes into arbitration at their own risk, the judge said.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : June 17, 2015
In a tentative order, Judge Harold Kahn slashed Kleiner Perkins' $1 million request by more than 70 percent.
Vanessa Blum : The Recorder : June 16, 2015
Rejecting arguments from lawyers at Sidley Austin, the First District Court of Appeal affirmed a $14 million fine levied against PG&E in 2013 by the California Public Utilities Commssion.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : June 16, 2015
The company signaled optimism for its share offering by lifting the expected price range in an SEC filing.
: The Recorder : June 15, 2015
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : June 11, 2015
Facing two suits in two weeks and a looming IPO, Fitbit has tapped Orrick and Gibson Dunn to lead its legal defense.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 10, 2015
Arnold Gulkowitz, who joined Dickstein Shapiro in 2007 and went on to head its bankruptcy and creditors' rights group, has left the struggling firm's New York office to start his own restructuring boutique, called Gulkowitz Berger.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : June 09, 2015
The layoffs, part of a plan to relocate back-office business functions to Kansas City, don't affect attorneys.
: The National Law Journal : June 08, 2015
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : June 05, 2015
Law frms used to see it as cheaper to settle unfinished business claims than to fight them, but that's no longer the case.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : June 05, 2015
According to lawyers for the V.C. firm, Ellen Pao asked for $2.7 million to cover her legal fees and costs.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 03, 2015
McDermott Will & Emery adds 17 lawyers from K&L Gates and a Chicago-based IP boutique; three firms make additions through mergers; more McKenna Long & Aldridge partners peel away ahead of the latter's deal with Dentons; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.