- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 916
- Gross Revenues: $913,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $995,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,790,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe is a San Francisco-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe has 891 attorneys and is the 33rd largest firm in the United States. With $913,000,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 31st on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe ranked as the 39th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, NY, OR, WA and WV.
In the News
: The Recorder : May 27, 2016
Googacle goose-egg... Gawker's stalker... RPX exits
Ross Todd : The Recorder : May 27, 2016
The company and its new first chair, Peter Bicks, seemed to have all the momentum going into the re-trial.
Angela Neville : Texas Lawyer : May 27, 2016
Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe recently represented BlueJack Energy in connection with the Dallas-based company's efforts in securing an initial private equity commitment of up to $100 million from Energy Spectrum Capital, which was represented by Baker Botts.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : May 26, 2016
The pair knocked out a billion-dollar judgment against Bank of America that had stood out as a bright spot for prosecutors in the wake of the financial crisis.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : May 26, 2016
The company's lawyers at Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe were on the losing end of a jury verdict Thursday finding Google's use of Java APIs protected as fair use.
Chris Johnson : The Am Law Daily : May 25, 2016
Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan is expanding its European presence with the launch of a new office in Switzerland under partner Thomas Werlen. Zurich-based FIFA, soccer's global governing body, is a major client of the firm.
Ben Bedell : New York Law Journal : May 24, 2016
A Bank of America predecessor, Countrywide Home Loans, was accused of knowingly selling defective home mortgages to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac as the 2008 financial crisis accelerated. But a unanimous panel of the Second Circuit accepted defense arguments that all the government had proven was an intentional breach of contract by Countrywide.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : May 24, 2016
The companies copyright showdown may be a repeat but it still provided some fresh material.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : May 23, 2016
With the top in-house lawyers from both companies looking on, Peter Bicks and Robert Van Nest put different spins on the evidence.
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
The firm adopts a bold growth plan in London. What if it works?
Nell Gluckman : The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
in a groundbreaking pro bono partnership, the law firm teams up with a medical cannabis advocacy group.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : May 23, 2016
LTC4 founder Bonnie Beuth believes lessons should be "app-nostic" and task-oriented.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 23, 2016
Steptoe & Johnson's Korea practice co-head finds a new home; a Bryan Cave practice leader joins the Kentucky Derby; a longtime Paul Weiss litigator becomes a regulator; Perkins Coie hires from Microsoft; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : May 20, 2016
It boasts some of the biggest financings and a founder-friendly attitude.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : May 20, 2016
Lawyers at companies like Lyft, Facebook, Pinterest and SurveyMonkey find life outside the office walls.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 20, 2016
Constellation Enterprises LLC, owner of the nation's largest single site steel foundry, owes nearly $2 million in legal bills to some of its outside lawyers, according to its Chapter 11 filing in Delaware.
Rebecca Cohen : The Recorder : May 20, 2016
These 10 M&A lawyers are the trusted voices of the region's tech companies.
Ben Hancock : The Recorder : May 19, 2016
Still fighting Google, Oracle is about to begin another high-stakes jury trial. Here's what you need to know.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : May 19, 2016
Google's lead lawyer, Robert Van Nest, went into the last day of testimony with more than two hours on the clock, while Oracle's lawyers had just 54 minutes.
: The Recorder : May 18, 2016
Latham & Watkins has taken the top honor, followed by finalists Skadden and Wilson Sonsini.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : May 17, 2016
Keker & Van Nest partner Christa Anderson cross-examined Oracle's Safra Catz, who testified Tuesday about a testy exchange with Google's Kent Walker.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : May 17, 2016
Corporate partner Stephen Tan advises on cross-border deals and compliance matters.
Lisa Shuchman : Corporate Counsel : May 17, 2016
No, their lawyers aren't dancing to that tune. But they know the business from top to bottom, and think nothing of inviting engineers to speak their mind at hearings.
Tony Mauro : Supreme Court Brief : May 16, 2016
, a new book, delves into the craft of framing, researching, writing and arguing cases on appeal at the Supreme Court and lower courts.
: The National Law Journal : May 16, 2016
Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates last week defended the changes the U.S. Department of Justice made to white-collar investigations last year in a speech that attempts to call the bluff of corporate law practitioners. Plus more in this week's column.
Ben Hancock : The Recorder : May 13, 2016
After plantiffs attorney Shannon Liss-Riordan settled a driver class action for $100 million, there are calls for her to step off case.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : May 12, 2016
Baker Botts represents EQT Corp. of Pittsburgh in its pending purchase for $407 million, of assets from Houston's Statoil USA Onshore Properties, which turned to Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : May 12, 2016
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 11, 2016
A quartet of cybersecurity pros plies their wares at new firms; Blank Rome hires a former U.S. senator; Cooley adds a high-powered private equity team; Orrick adds again in Paris; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : May 10, 2016
Peter Bicks, the New York litigator taking center stage against Google, took aim at his adversary's famous file cabinet and even coined a catchphrase.