- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Los Angeles
- Head Count: 663
- Gross Revenues: $665,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,005,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,595,000
- Year Over Year Change: -7
O'Melveny & Myers is a Los Angeles-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, O'Melveny & Myers has 663 attorneys and is the 60th largest firm in the United States. With $665,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 47th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, O'Melveny & Myers ranked as the 48th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, NJ, NY and VA.
In the News
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : August 27, 2015
Tony Wang, who had been with Weil's Shanghai office, joins OMM's Newport Beach branch.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : August 27, 2015
Arnold & Porter's Jerome Falk and Horvitz & Levy's Jon Eisenberg have joined the legal team for Christy Donorovich-O'Donnell, whose case sputtered in the lower court.
Kim Kleman, editor-in-chief : The American Lawyer : August 24, 2015
Your associates, clients and even legal pioneers are telling you: Employing the best technologies needs to be top of mind.
MP McQueen : The American Lawyer : August 24, 2015
West Coast midlevels tended to be happier than their East Coast counterparts.
Maura McInerney : The Legal Intelligencer : August 24, 2015
Education is the greatest civil rights issue of our time. The promise of a public education system is that it opens doors to all students and provides them with the opportunity for success in life regardless of the circumstances of their birth. It is an essential feature of our democracy and the lodestar that guides and guards our right to the "pursuit of happiness" guaranteed as "inherent" in both our federal and state constitutions. But Pennsylvania's public school system is in crisis, leaving many of our poorest students without the means to pursue that happiness.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : August 24, 2015
The trial of alleged embezzler Zhao Shilan will be the first U.S. prosecution of a Chinese economic fugitive since China began to hunt for corrupt officials living overseas last year. But difficulties in cooperation between the two countries means a conviction is far from guaranteed.
MP McQueen : The American Lawyer : August 24, 2015
Most respondents said they were billing more and commanding higher rates.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : August 21, 2015
Dewey & LeBoeuf's former general counsel, Janis Meyer, testified Thursday that the executive committee didn't approve reclassifications of payments made to of counsel as equity partner compensation. She also said she didn't know about the accounting adjustments.
: New Jersey Law Journal : August 21, 2015
David Ruiz : The Recorder : August 20, 2015
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Jennifer Henderson and Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : August 20, 2015
Sprout Pharmaceuticals didn't have to wait long for a big-name buyer to spring big bucks for the nascent drug developer. Sullivan & Cromwell took the lead for the company, founded in 2011, on its $1 billion sale this week to longtime Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom client Valeant Pharmaceuticals International.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : August 17, 2015
Stephanie Yonekura served as acting U.S. attorney for the Central District of California.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : August 17, 2015
Michael Sullivan specializes in emerging growth companies and venture capital.
: The National Law Journal : August 17, 2015
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Celia Ampel : Daily Business Review : August 12, 2015
Jones Day represented a Mexican heavy construction company in purchases of an offshore drilling operation and ship.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : August 11, 2015
The company, which is suing former COO Travis VanderZanden, said the executive's countersuit was harassment.
: The National Law Journal : August 10, 2015
Lateral moves in this week's column.
: Corporate Counsel : August 01, 2015
Ben Bedell : New York Law Journal : July 28, 2015
An effort to sue Ford Motor and IBM for alleged complicity in South Africa's apartheid regime was dismissed by the Second Circuit Monday, which said said the U.S. parent companies could not be held liable for aiding and abetting their South Africa subsidiaries.
: The Recorder : July 27, 2015
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
Jim Schroeder : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
Paul Hastings keeps its top spot in The American Lawyer's latest survey of the best of the best in Big Law.
David Bario, Susan Beck, Scott Flaherty, Marissa Kendall and Rebekah Mintzer : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
U.S. v. Rainey; Davies v. Broadcom; In the matter of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts; ACE Securities v. DB Structured Products; Cook v. Rockwell; Capitol Records v. Sirius XM; Gold v. Anthem
David L. Brown : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
Am Law 200 firms get the lion's share of oral argument, an analysis finds.
Kim Kleman, editor-in-chief : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
The overall scores in our yearly A-List survey keep rising. But even among A-Listers, there's room to improve.
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
Andrew Hutton and Michele Discepola : Corporate Counsel : July 24, 2015
This new investment option can be good for business in more ways than one.
Lisa Shuchman : Corporate Counsel : July 23, 2015
Lawyers for The Turtles fail to stop a settlement between Sirius XM and record labels.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : July 23, 2015
A Washington judge ruled that patent claims describe "nothing more than what buyers and sellers have done since the dawn of commerce."
Tony Mauro : The National Law Journal : July 13, 2015
Amid intense competition for a persistently small number of cases, Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr reached the top of the heap among law firms arguing the most cases at the U.S. Supreme Court in the term just ended.
Lisa Shuchman : The Litigation Daily : July 09, 2015
Sirius XM's settlement with major record labels improperly sidelined copyright claims by the rock band the Turtles, ignored the class that the band's founders represent and neglected to include attorney fees for class counsel, the band's attorneys argued on Wednesday.