- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Los Angeles
- Head Count: 663
- Gross Revenues: $665,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,005,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,595,000
- Year Over Year Change: -7
O'Melveny & Myers is a Los Angeles-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, O'Melveny & Myers has 721 attorneys and is the 52nd largest firm in the United States. With $733,000,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 40th on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, O'Melveny & Myers ranked as the 48th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, NJ, NY and VA.
In the News
: The National Law Journal : May 18, 2015
Laterals and new arrivals in this week's column.
Gina Passarella : Delaware Business Court Insider : May 13, 2015
Simply disagreeing with a company's rationale in deciding not to file suit over a failed business and litigation strategy was not enough to sustain a shareholder derivative action in a suit that involved a $1.2 billion jury verdict and findings of vexatious conduct by DuPont, the Delaware Court of Chancery has ruled.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : May 11, 2015
The company may be taking a risk by lashing out publicly against a former employee, lawyers said.
: The Recorder : May 11, 2015
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
: The National Law Journal : May 11, 2015
Courtroom 5 on the second floor at the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia was packed shoulder-to-shoulder with about 100 onlookers, all gathered to watch a merger trial that pits the Federal Trade Commission against Sysco Corp. and US Foods Inc. Plus more in this week's column.
: New York Law Journal : May 11, 2015
The New York Law Journal congratulates the 50 young lawyers chosen as 2015 Rising Stars by a panel of 24 esteemed judges.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : May 10, 2015
A Chicago federal judge on Friday dismissed most of the city's lawsuit, which alleges that several drug manufacturers concealed the true addiction risks of OxyContin and other opioid painkillers.
: The Recorder : May 08, 2015
Firm litigators score two privacy wins. Plus, Steve Berman's shot at soccer goes wide.
Jennifer Genova : New Jersey Law Journal : May 08, 2015
The "Fight of the Century" may be over, but the legal bouts are just beginning for boxers Emmanuel "Manny" Pacquiao and Floyd "Money" Mayweather.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : May 07, 2015
Robert Schwartz and Victor Jih represent the creators of films and video games.
: The National Law Journal : May 04, 2015
Jenna Greene : The National Law Journal : May 04, 2015
The last time Richard Parker and Stephen Weissman fought a merger in court, they were allies. On May 5, they will meet again in U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia — but this time, they're on opposite sides.
R. Robin McDonald : Daily Report : April 30, 2015
Roswell artist Zheng Li was visiting an Atlanta gallery in 2012 when he was stunned to find a painting on display that struck him as a virtual copy of one of his own works—a colorful semiabstract depiction of a grand piano.
: New York Law Journal : April 28, 2015
Three firms have added new partners, while two announce promotions.
Brian Baxter : The American Lawyer : April 27, 2015
Low oil prices are sending more energy companies into Chapter 11. A look at the law firms that are getting the work and what they're charging.
Brian Baxter : The American Lawyer : April 27, 2015
After it wrapped up some big litigation cases, the firm's revenues and profit fall.
Michael D. Goldhaber : The American Lawyer : April 27, 2015
The firm is the fourth in 30 years to occupy the top spot on our gross revenue rankings.
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : April 27, 2015
It was a year of solid gains for The Am Law 100, especially for a burgeoning group of top firms.
Marcia Coyle : The National Law Journal : April 27, 2015
Like the institution that will hear the same-sex marriage arguments on April 28, high court advocates—and appellate lawyers in general—often have their own traditions, routines and even lucky charms to add just a fillip of confidence to the task ahead.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : April 27, 2015
Tech-focused Cooley pushed up the list, and past O'Melveny.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : April 24, 2015
"If you come in second at trial, you've failed spectacularly," says name partner David Scheper, a former federal prosecutor.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : April 24, 2015
The firm fended off high-dollar claims against a star-studded client list.
Recorder staff : The Recorder : April 24, 2015
: New York Law Journal : April 22, 2015
Announcements from Reed Smith, White & Case, Debevoise & Plimpton, Nixon Peabody, Winston & Strawn, Sidley Austin and the Eastern District U.S. Attorney's Office.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 21, 2015
K&L Gates sees six partners leave for four firms; some of Fried Frank's Asia lawyers find new homes; Jackson Lewis opens two new offices; Mayer Brown adds a practice leader; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The National Law Journal : April 20, 2015
New arrivals and lateral moves in this week's column.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : April 20, 2015
After almost a decade in Big Law, Mathieson is embracing the boutique approach.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : April 17, 2015
Both companies spread out their work and demand loyalty, which can wall out would-be laterals.
: New York Law Journal : April 16, 2015
Stroock & Stroock & Lavan, O'Melveny & Myers, Schiff Hardin and Pavia & Harcourt have each added a new partner.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : April 15, 2015
A federal appeals court moved a step closer on Wednesday toward resolving a critical issue in the never-ending music copyright wars, agreeing to consider whether the owners of pre-1972 sound recordings have performance rights to their songs.