- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Los Angeles
- Head Count: 721
- Gross Revenues: $733,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,015,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,730,000
- Year Over Year Change: -9
O'Melveny & Myers is a Los Angeles-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, O'Melveny & Myers has 721 attorneys and is the 52nd largest firm in the United States. With $733,000,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 40th on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, O'Melveny & Myers ranked as the 48th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, NJ, NY and VA.
In the News
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : April 17, 2015
Both companies spread out their work and demand loyalty, which can wall out would-be laterals.
: New York Law Journal : April 16, 2015
Stroock & Stroock & Lavan, O'Melveny & Myers, Schiff Hardin and Pavia & Harcourt have each added a new partner.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : April 15, 2015
A federal appeals court moved a step closer on Wednesday toward resolving a critical issue in the never-ending music copyright wars, agreeing to consider whether the owners of pre-1972 sound recordings have performance rights to their songs.
: The National Law Journal : April 15, 2015
The National Law Journal presents 75 of the most accomplished female attorneys working in the legal profession today.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : April 13, 2015
Not necessarily, lawyers say. Alibaba and other Chinese newcomers to U.S. exchanges are far different from the companies, like now-defunct Sino Forest, that came before. Here's why.
: The Recorder : April 06, 2015
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
: The National Law Journal : April 06, 2015
Jamyra Gallmon went to a downtown Washington hotel on Feb. 9 to rob a man she'd met on Craigslist, the Metropolitan Police Department said in charging documents released last week. David Messerschmitt, a 30-year-old associate at DLA Piper, was in Room 400 at the Donovan Hotel that night.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : April 03, 2015
Leaving a law firm can be painful and protracted—and that's often by design, says Shartsis Friese partner Joel Zeldin.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : April 02, 2015
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : April 01, 2015
U.S. Magistrate Judge Laurel Beeler said plaintiffs couldn't show Hulu knew that users' video choices were being shared with Facebook.
Marcia Coyle : Supreme Court Brief : April 01, 2015
There are briefs by first responders, 303 former and sitting Republican government officials and activists, major churches and a former clerk to Justice Antonin Scalia who argues that "originalism" supports the right to same-sex marriage.
Samantha Joseph : Daily Business Review : April 01, 2015
The Miami-based homebuilder was the victim of corporate sabotage that put its shares under attack.
Brian Baxter : The American Lawyer : March 30, 2015
When prizefighters Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao reached a deal for their May 2 match in Las Vegas, it was O'Melveny in Pacquiao's corner and Kinsella Weitzman in Mayweather's.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : March 26, 2015
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
: The Recorder : March 23, 2015
: The National Law Journal : March 23, 2015
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Lisa Hoffman : The National Law Journal : March 23, 2015
General counsel Marc Bell oversees corporate affairs and risk management at the holding-company level, and manages litigation for each of Vector's subsidiaries.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : March 19, 2015
The studio behind blockbuster hits such as "The Hunger Games" and "Twilight" will receive funding for a quarter of its expected movies over the next three years from popular Chinese television producer Hunan TV.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : March 17, 2015
The panel led by Judge Raymond Chen struck down two of its opponent's smartphone patents but revived a third.
: The Recorder : March 16, 2015
Recorder Staff : The Recorder : March 06, 2015
In addition to overall and speciality practice awards, honorees include high-impact in-house counsel.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : March 03, 2015
Ronald Cheng is rejoining O'Melveny & Myers after 20 years in the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Central District of California.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : March 02, 2015
Though she'll accept the new settlement, U.S. District Judge Lucy Koh seemed skeptical of the fee request from objector's counsel.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : March 02, 2015
Facing accusations by the city of Chicago that they hid the truth about addictive painkillers, a quintet of drug companies took aim at the city's decision to hire a private law firm, Cohen, Milstein Sellers & Toll, to prosecute the case.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : February 26, 2015
U.S. Magistrate Judge Laurel Beeler seems ready to side with Hulu and end a long-running video privacy suit.
Brian Baxter : The American Lawyer : February 26, 2015
Sports law may be a niche, but with today's deals worth billions of dollars, it's March Madness out there.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : February 26, 2015
After more than five years of litigation stemming from the collapse of the massive Fontainebleau casino project on the Las Vegas strip, Bank of America Corp. and a group of term lenders decided to pick up their chips and walk away.
Susan Beck : The Am Law Daily : February 25, 2015
For the second straight year, Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy produced significant growth in revenue and profits. Gross revenue in 2014 was up 7.8 percent, to $761 million, while revenue per lawyer rose 3.8 percent, to $1.24 million. Profits per partner increased 7 percent, to $2.745 million, on net income of $395 million, an increase of 12.4 percent.
Tony Mauro : Supreme Court Brief : February 24, 2015
The U.S. Supreme Court appeared sympathetic on Tuesday to the need for long-term monitoring of 401(k) plans, and for letting participants sue when they suspect providers are making poor investment decisions.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : February 24, 2015
A judge in Los Angeles rejected arguments by Pandora's lawyers at Latham & Watkins, who hoped to put an end to class action copyright claims brought by founders of the band The Turtles.