- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Los Angeles
- Head Count: 721
- Gross Revenues: $733,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,015,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,730,000
- Year Over Year Change: -9
O'Melveny & Myers is a Los Angeles-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, O'Melveny & Myers has 721 attorneys and is the 52nd largest firm in the United States. With $733,000,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 40th on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, O'Melveny & Myers ranked as the 48th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, NJ, NY and VA.
In the News
Ross Todd : The Recorder : April 01, 2015
U.S. Magistrate Judge Laurel Beeler said plaintiffs couldn't show Hulu knew that users' video choices were being shared with Facebook.
Marcia Coyle : Supreme Court Brief : April 01, 2015
There are briefs by first responders, 303 former and sitting Republican government officials and activists, major churches and a former clerk to Justice Antonin Scalia who argues that "originalism" supports the right to same-sex marriage.
Samantha Joseph : Daily Business Review : April 01, 2015
The Miami-based homebuilder was the victim of corporate sabotage that put its shares under attack.
Brian Baxter : The American Lawyer : March 30, 2015
When prizefighters Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao reached a deal for their May 2 match in Las Vegas, it was O'Melveny in Pacquiao's corner and Kinsella Weitzman in Mayweather's.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : March 26, 2015
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
: The Recorder : March 23, 2015
: The National Law Journal : March 23, 2015
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Lisa Hoffman : The National Law Journal : March 23, 2015
General counsel Marc Bell oversees corporate affairs and risk management at the holding-company level, and manages litigation for each of Vector's subsidiaries.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : March 19, 2015
The studio behind blockbuster hits such as "The Hunger Games" and "Twilight" will receive funding for a quarter of its expected movies over the next three years from popular Chinese television producer Hunan TV.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : March 17, 2015
The panel led by Judge Raymond Chen struck down two of its opponent's smartphone patents but revived a third.
: The Recorder : March 16, 2015
Recorder Staff : The Recorder : March 06, 2015
In addition to overall and speciality practice awards, honorees include high-impact in-house counsel.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : March 03, 2015
Ronald Cheng is rejoining O'Melveny & Myers after 20 years in the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Central District of California.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : March 02, 2015
Though she'll accept the new settlement, U.S. District Judge Lucy Koh seemed skeptical of the fee request from objector's counsel.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : March 02, 2015
Facing accusations by the city of Chicago that they hid the truth about addictive painkillers, a quintet of drug companies took aim at the city's decision to hire a private law firm, Cohen, Milstein Sellers & Toll, to prosecute the case.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : February 26, 2015
U.S. Magistrate Judge Laurel Beeler seems ready to side with Hulu and end a long-running video privacy suit.
Brian Baxter : The American Lawyer : February 26, 2015
Sports law may be a niche, but with today's deals worth billions of dollars, it's March Madness out there.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : February 26, 2015
After more than five years of litigation stemming from the collapse of the massive Fontainebleau casino project on the Las Vegas strip, Bank of America Corp. and a group of term lenders decided to pick up their chips and walk away.
Susan Beck : The Am Law Daily : February 25, 2015
For the second straight year, Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy produced significant growth in revenue and profits. Gross revenue in 2014 was up 7.8 percent, to $761 million, while revenue per lawyer rose 3.8 percent, to $1.24 million. Profits per partner increased 7 percent, to $2.745 million, on net income of $395 million, an increase of 12.4 percent.
Tony Mauro : Supreme Court Brief : February 24, 2015
The U.S. Supreme Court appeared sympathetic on Tuesday to the need for long-term monitoring of 401(k) plans, and for letting participants sue when they suspect providers are making poor investment decisions.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : February 24, 2015
A judge in Los Angeles rejected arguments by Pandora's lawyers at Latham & Watkins, who hoped to put an end to class action copyright claims brought by founders of the band The Turtles.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : February 20, 2015
The company's defense team of Covington & Burling and O'Melveny & Myers is making another run at ending a case that's proven difficult to defeat.
David Bario : The Litigation Daily : February 20, 2015
A California federal judge on Thursday rejected dueling Hail Mary motions by both sides in a key battle over copyrights to pre-1972 recordings.
: The American Lawyer : February 09, 2015
The Am Law Daily's early coverage of 2014 financial results of The Am Law 100/200 includes an examination into what's going on behind the numbers. This list will be updated as new results become available. Final rankings and full results for The Am Law 100 will be published in The American Lawyer's May 2015 issue and The Am Law Second Hundred will be published in the June issue.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : February 06, 2015
In a case so technical the judge wants back-up, Amazon's lawyers argue several patents for an ecommerce "traffic control system" describe an outcome but no underlying mechanism.
: The American Lawyer : February 03, 2015
Twenty of the most notable and intriguing lateral moves of the year.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : January 29, 2015
Pfizer Inc. and a phalanx of defense lawyers spent five years trying to defeat an investor class action related to off-label drug marketing. But Robbins Geller kept the case alive until a looming trial pressured the drug maker to cut a $400 million deal.
: New York Law Journal : January 29, 2015
John Mendez, a partner at Latham & Watkins, has been nominated by President Barack Obama to serve as the newest chairman of the board of the Securities Investor Protection Corporation, among other announcements and honors.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : January 25, 2015
Courtroom setbacks for Sirius XM Radio spawned a fresh wave of copyright lawsuits last week. But Sirius could begin to reverse the plaintiffs' momentum if a California appeals court grants the company's pending plea for intervention.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 16, 2015
A Davis Polk & Wardwell corporate partner in Silicon Valley leaves the firm to return to the business side; Greenberg Traurig grows in Mexico City; Hogan Lovells expands in Vietnam; Wilmer adds a new lobbying cochair and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.