- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Los Angeles
- Head Count: 190
- Gross Revenues: $266,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,400,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,910,000
- Year Over Year Change: 5
Munger, Tolles & Olson is a Los Angeles-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Munger, Tolles & Olson has 190 attorneys and is the 210th largest firm in the United States. With $266,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 118th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in CA.
In the News
: Corporate Counsel : September 01, 2015
Susan Hansen : The American Lawyer : August 24, 2015
She built the Mexican American Legal Defense Fund into a potent force.
: The American Lawyer : August 24, 2015
Our 12th annual awards honor lawyers whose remarkable careers have shaped the legal profession.
Am Law Daily Staff : The Am Law Daily : August 19, 2015
The American Lawyer honors eight longtime lawyers with distinctive careers and a commitment to public service. Three others are recognized for extraordinary talents managing their firm.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : August 14, 2015
Atlanta lawyers at three firms, Jones Day, King & Spalding and Alston & Bird, advised clients on several major deals announced this week.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : August 13, 2015
Google turns to its longtime M&A counsel at Cleary Gottlieb to create a new holding company for the search giant, plus a rundown of this week's other megadeals and the law firms scrambling to keep them on track.
Angela Neville : Texas Lawyer : August 11, 2015
The "Oracle of Omaha" is grabbing headlines again by spending big on a manufacturer of parts for the energy and aerospace industries.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : August 10, 2015
Investors would love a crystal ball to tell them what companies will be next on Warren Buffett's M&A shopping list. But anyone can predict which law firm will be there when Berkshire Hathaway goes on the prowl.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : August 06, 2015
With deep pockets and peeved players, leagues are under pressure from a flurry of suits.
: Corporate Counsel : August 01, 2015
The Recorder Staff : The Recorder : July 31, 2015
This year's list of 60 women includes 10 "power players" who are using their positions and achievements to advocate for women.
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : July 28, 2015
A select group of Am Law 200 firms are among those touted by Working Mother magazine and consulting firm Flex-Time Lawyers for their annual look at the 50 best firms for women, based on metrics like family-friendly policies and percentage of female partners.
Jim Schroeder : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
Paul Hastings keeps its top spot in The American Lawyer's latest survey of the best of the best in Big Law.
Kim Kleman, editor-in-chief : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
The overall scores in our yearly A-List survey keep rising. But even among A-Listers, there's room to improve.
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
Jim Schroeder : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
Who's Up, who's down, and how so many of the same A-List winners keep managing to come back for more.
: The Associated Press : July 17, 2015
SeaWorld suspended an employee accused of posing for years as an animal-rights activist and trying to incite violence among peaceful protesters, company officials said.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 09, 2015
It was another big deal week for Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, which took the lead on a $12.5 billion buy for beauty products behemoth Coty, as an insider trading case involving a 6-year-old transaction by the firm forced a partner to take early retirement.
: New Jersey Law Journal : July 07, 2015
Also, the Walt Disney Co. has reached a settlement with an independent animator who claimed a trailer for the hit film "Frozen" copied her animated short.
Angela Neville : Texas Lawyer : July 06, 2015
Since April 2014, Energy Future Holdings has been embroiled in a Chapter 11 bankruptcy suit in Delaware. In a recent surprise move, Energy Future Holdings attorneys announced in the bankruptcy court that they now have an agreement with multiple creditors to hand over Oncor.
Gina Passarella : The Legal Intelligencer : July 01, 2015
The current general counsel of Kraft Foods will be leaving the company after its planned merger with H.J. Heinz Co. and her deputy GC will take over the legal functions of the combined entity, the companies said this week.
Gina Passarella : The Legal Intelligencer : July 01, 2015
The current general counsel of Kraft Foods will be leaving the company after its planned merger with H.J. Heinz Co., and her deputy GC will take over the legal functions of the combined entity, the companies said this week.
: Corporate Counsel : July 01, 2015
Ross Todd : The Recorder : June 29, 2015
A Mill Valley animator claimed Disney stole the idea for a trailer from her short film "The Snowman."
Scott Flaherty, Scott Graham and Rebekah Mintzer : The American Lawyer : June 29, 2015
Apple v. Samsung; Eon Corp. v. AT&T Mobility; ASCAP v. Pandora; Chicago v. Purdue Pharma
Ross Todd : The Recorder : June 22, 2015
L.A. plaintiffs lawyer Brian Kabateck is the latest to sue Turn Inc. in the wake of allegations that it tracked the web activity of Verizon Wireless subscribers.
Ryan McConnell : Corporate Counsel : June 18, 2015
The vice chairman and chief legal officer of Millennium Management discusses the relationship between legal and compliance and what board members should be asking GCs.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 18, 2015
Nearly a dozen billion-dollar deals were announced over the past week, ranging from homebuilders and retail buys to the privatization of a U.S.-listed Chinese technology company. At the same time, Am Law 100 firms had to look no further than the active pharmaceutical arena to add a few notable M&A engagements to their transactional ledger.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : June 12, 2015
Plainitffs complained the professional networking site harvested email addresses from users and spammed their contacts with invitations.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : May 29, 2015
The Yale Law Women's survey also credits Cadwalader, Duane Morris, Hogan Lovells, Hunton & Williams, Kirkland & Ellis, Morrison & Foerster, Munger Tolles, Orrick and Wilmer.