- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Los Angeles
- Head Count: 180
- Gross Revenues: $247,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,375,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,770,000
- Year Over Year Change: 8
Munger, Tolles & Olson is a Los Angeles-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Munger, Tolles & Olson has 180 attorneys and is the 219th largest firm in the United States. With $247,500,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 123rd on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in CA.
In the News
Cheryl Miller : The Recorder : November 21, 2014
Bar confirms Larry Yee is now acting GC, but won't say what happened to Thomas Miller, who had been hired on Joe Dunn's watch.
Cheryl Miller : The Recorder : November 19, 2014
A report by Munger, Tolles & Olson concluded bar dues had been spent on trips to Mongolia, and that the now-fired executive director hadn't told trustees about objections to policies he pursued.
Cheryl Miller : The Recorder : November 17, 2014
Joe Dunn was fired, they say, after an investigation into "serious" allegations, adding he never claimed to be a whistleblower until after his termination.
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : November 14, 2014
Todd, a corporate partner at Munger, Tolles & Olson, led the firm's deal team on Berkshire Hathaway's $4.7 billion all-stock buy of Procter & Gamble's Duracell battery unit.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : November 14, 2014
U.S. District Judge Lucy Koh ruled company's email blasts are misleading and not protected speech.
Amaris Elliott-Engel : Commercial Litigation Insider : November 14, 2014
Bank of America will continue to face over $1.7 billion in liability for more than 4,000 residential mortgage-backed securities that were originated by Countrywide Financial Corp. after a Manhattan Commercial Division ruling Thursday.
Zoe Tillman : Legal Times : November 07, 2014
A round up of news from ALM affiliated publications and around the web: the Sixth Circuit upholds same-sex marriage laws, a forthcoming ruling on the Detroit bankruptcy plan and sentencing related to the Boston Marathon bombings put on hold.
Alyson M. Palmer : Daily Report : November 07, 2014
Charles DuMars, a New Mexico lawyer who previously represented Georgia in water litigation, said he couldn't venture a guess as to how much the Supreme Court case with Florida will cost.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : November 06, 2014
The company is taking strikes from plaintiffs lawyers, competitors and regulators.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : November 04, 2014
The company's legal team, led by Fenwick & West partner Rodger Cole, informed the court it has reached a deal with plaintiffs lawyers.
: Corporate Counsel : November 01, 2014
Jan Wolfe : The American Lawyer : October 29, 2014
Linde v. Arab Bank; VirnetX v. Apple; Williams v. BASF; E.U. v. MasterCard; United States v. BP
: The American Lawyer : October 29, 2014
Burger King-Tim Hortons, Electrolux-G.E. Appliance Division, Roche-InterMune, Norwegian Cruise Lines-Prestige Cruises
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : October 29, 2014
Will Freshfields's splashy new hires in New York allow it to attain the first-tier status in dealmaking that has eluded Magic Circle firms in the United States?
Scott Graham : The Recorder : October 28, 2014
After trying to upend a $30 million settlement, Advanced Semiconductor Engineering informed the court Tuesday it has reached a deal with Tessera.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : October 22, 2014
Legal team led by Michael Hausfeld said fees are warranted for win that could net college athletes tens of millions each season.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : October 21, 2014
A nonpracticing entity wants Judge Claudia Wilken to enforce a $30 million deal struck before a court-appointed expert opined its patents were invalid.
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : October 20, 2014
The downsizing trend for office space continues but is starting to slow as many firms already have given up space per lawyer to save money, according to the latest survey by commercial real estate services company Jones Lang LaSalle.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : October 18, 2014
Another Edwards Wildman Palmer partner departs ahead of the firm's proposed merger later this year with Locke Lord; a Bingham partner heads to the FCC; Fried Frank and Kirkland & Ellis add a pair of new partners; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : October 14, 2014
The firm has hired four former prosecutors in San Diego, Los Angeles and Irvine.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : October 14, 2014
Manatt, Phelps & Phillips adds a three-partner West Coast IP team from struggling Dickstein Shapiro; Boies Schiller loses a litigator to Barclays, but grabs Al Franken's former general counsel; Davis Polk and Willkie Farr bring back partners from public service; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Chris Johnson : Global Lawyer News : October 13, 2014
Elite U.K. firms have struggled to establish themselves as serious contenders in the United States, especially in big-ticket transactional work. Now Freshfields has recruited high-profile talent from Skadden, Wachtell, Fried Frank, and Shearman in a bid to challenge Wall Street firms on their own turf.
Chris Johnson : Global Lawyer News : October 13, 2014
Elite U.K. firms have struggled to establish themselves as serious contenders in the U.S., especially in big-ticket transactional work. Now Freshfields has recruited high-profile talent from Skadden, Wachtell, Fried Frank and Shearman in a bid to challenge Wall Street firms on their own turf.
: The National Law Journal : October 13, 2014
New arrivals and lateral moves in this week's column.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : October 10, 2014
John Prather, who led New York's organized crime task force, says the Northern District case over wiretap bills piggybacks on his 2009 suit.
: The Recorder : October 06, 2014
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
Nathalie Pierrepont : The Am Law Daily : October 02, 2014
Munger, Tolles & Olson is advising longtime client Berkshire Hathaway on its acquisition of the Van Tuyl Group, the nation's fifth-largest auto dealership by sales. DLA Piper is in the driver's seat for Van Tuyl.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : October 01, 2014
As Bingham McCutchen mulls a merger with Morgan, Lewis & Bockius, a key factor in clinching any deal will be the participation of certain rainmakers. The Am Law Daily has a look at those individuals, some of whom have left the firm, and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200, such as significant acquisitions by Armstrong Teasdale in Denver, Fox Rothschild in Dallas and Quarles & Brady in Scottsdale, Ariz.
Jan Wolfe : The American Lawyer : September 29, 2014
U.S. ex rel. O'Donnell v. Countrywide; In re AIG 2008 Securities Litigation; ViaSat v. Space Systems/Loral; Gilead v. La Roche; O'Bannon v. NCAA
Ross Todd : The Recorder : September 22, 2014
Plaintiffs accuse the company of illegally sending spam-like invitations that appear to come from users.