- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Los Angeles
- Head Count: 190
- Gross Revenues: $266,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,400,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,910,000
- Year Over Year Change: N/A
Munger, Tolles & Olson is a Los Angeles-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Munger, Tolles & Olson has 190 attorneys and is the 210th largest firm in the United States. With $266,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 118th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in CA.
In the News
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : November 04, 2015
The occasional disqualification fight is part of doing business for big law firms in high-stakes business litigation. For Munger, Tolles & Olson, the threat of disqualification is looming over a very different kind of case.
Amanda Bronstad : The National Law Journal : November 02, 2015
A federal judge in New Orleans in September 2014 found that Transocean Ltd.'s negligence contributed to the Deepwater Horizon oil spill. Remarkably, that verdict was a resounding victory for Transocean's legal team, led by Brad Brian, a partner at Los Angeles-based Munger, Tolles & Olson.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : October 31, 2015
Ninth Circuit says litigants continued to use Facebook after suing Facebook, indicating consent to site's terms of service.
: The National Law Journal : October 30, 2015
"I just show up in court and wing it," said no Winning Litigator—ever. But the lawyers in our special report bring more to the table than just meticulous preparation.
Tony Mauro : Supreme Court Brief : October 19, 2015
The U.S. Supreme Court will soon have another chance to revisit its often chilly relationship with the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. In the last five terms, the court has heard 24 appeals from Federal Circuit decisions, and affirmed only eight.
: The National Law Journal : October 09, 2015
The National Law Journal has selected these law firms in Southern California for their outstanding work since January 2014 in the areas of entertainment law, government contracts, litigation and real estate.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : October 07, 2015
Less than a week after the deadly shooting on an Oregon campus, a split appeals panel cleared the UC-Regents of liability in a 2009 stabbing of a UCLA student.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : October 04, 2015
“You know, I think there's a greater likelihood that I'll be the first American astronaut stranded on Mars" before American Apparel ex-CEO Dov Charney wins this lawsuit, said Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Terry Green, who called Charney's alleged conduct "so far over the top that you can't see the top anymore."
Sheri Qualters : The National Law Journal : October 02, 2015
A Boston federal judge has blocked plaintiffs suing Philip Morris USA from arguing that the company should have provided e-cigarettes to consumers as a safer alternative to tobacco cigarettes.
Patience Haggin and Cheryl Miller : The Recorder : October 02, 2015
Hillary is way out in front in the race for donors in the liberal-leaning legal community but Carly has a few friends at Wilson Sonsini.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : October 02, 2015
Forbes unveiled its tally of America's 400 wealthiest people this week, and while Texas lawyer Joe Jamail Jr. fell off the list, two former lawyers with real estate backgrounds—Rick Caruso and Sanford Diller—broke into the exclusive ranks.
Patience Haggin, Jennifer Henderson and David Ruiz : The American Lawyer : September 28, 2015
Google Reorganization; Berkshire Hathaway / Precision Castparts Fidelity National / SunGard General Electric Asset Sale Symantec Asset Sale Sumitomo Life / Symetra Financial Terex / Konecranes CF Industries / OCI NV Nokia Asset Sale Allergan Asset Sale Solvay / Cytec Industries Honeywell /Melrose Industries/ Elster Group Industrial Income Trust Asset Sale Anthem / Cigna Nikkei / FT Group Sikorsky Aircraft Asset Sale Pinnacle Entertainment Asset Sale Blackstone / Corsair / First Eagle St. Jude Medical / Thoratec
Ross Todd : The Recorder : September 25, 2015
Robert Brauneis investigation into the history of "Happy Birthday to You" helped end a music company's claim.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : September 24, 2015
It took a class action plaintiffs lawyer to make sure no one ever gets sued again over “Happy Birthday.”
Ross Todd : The Recorder : September 23, 2015
Warner/Chappell Music, which rakes in millions in royalties, doesn't own a valid copyright on the song's lyrics, according to a decision from U.S. District Judge George King in Los Angeles.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : September 17, 2015
A former Bingham McCutchen associate, McSherry has found her nonprofit niche pressing for limits on digital copyright protections that could restrict free speech.
Cheryl Miller : The Recorder : September 17, 2015
The settlement of privacy claims brought over its 'Sponsored Stories' feature faces challenges on multiple fronts.
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : September 14, 2015
And Orange County, California, ranks as the best place to work, according to The American Lawyer's 2015 Summer Associate satisfaction survey.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : September 14, 2015
It took a lot of work to settle a privacy class action over the site's advertising feature. This week, the Ninth Circuit will hear from objectors.
Susan Hansen : The American Lawyer : September 11, 2015
She built the Mexican American Legal Defense Fund into a potent force.
: Corporate Counsel : September 01, 2015
: The American Lawyer : August 24, 2015
Our 12th annual awards honor lawyers whose remarkable careers have shaped the legal profession.
Am Law Daily Staff : The Am Law Daily : August 19, 2015
The American Lawyer honors eight longtime lawyers with distinctive careers and a commitment to public service. Three others are recognized for extraordinary talents managing their firm.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : August 14, 2015
Atlanta lawyers at three firms, Jones Day, King & Spalding and Alston & Bird, advised clients on several major deals announced this week.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : August 13, 2015
Google turns to its longtime M&A counsel at Cleary Gottlieb to create a new holding company for the search giant, plus a rundown of this week's other megadeals and the law firms scrambling to keep them on track.
Angela Neville : Texas Lawyer : August 11, 2015
The "Oracle of Omaha" is grabbing headlines again by spending big on a manufacturer of parts for the energy and aerospace industries.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : August 10, 2015
Investors would love a crystal ball to tell them what companies will be next on Warren Buffett's M&A shopping list. But anyone can predict which law firm will be there when Berkshire Hathaway goes on the prowl.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : August 06, 2015
With deep pockets and peeved players, leagues are under pressure from a flurry of suits.
: Corporate Counsel : August 01, 2015
The Recorder Staff : The Recorder : July 31, 2015
This year's list of 60 women includes 10 "power players" who are using their positions and achievements to advocate for women.