- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Designation: Los Angeles
- Head Count: 180
- Gross Revenues: $247,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,375,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,770,000
- Year Over Year Change: 8
Munger, Tolles & Olson is a Los Angeles-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Munger, Tolles & Olson has 180 attorneys and is the 219th largest firm in the United States. With $247,500,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 123rd on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in CA.
In the News
: The National Law Journal : September 01, 2014
: Corporate Counsel : September 01, 2014
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : August 28, 2014
As lead advisers for Burger King on its $11.4 billion tie-up with Canadian coffee-and-doughnut chain Tim Hortons, William Sorabella and David Feirstein helped oversee one of the most visible corporate tax inversions yet.
: The Am Law Daily : August 28, 2014
Burger King Worldwide Inc. and Canadian chain Tim Hortons Inc. have agreed to an $11.4 billion tie-up that would send the combined company's headquarters north in what may be the most visible corporate tax inversion yet. Also, Roche Holding announced Monday its $8.3 billion acquisition of InterMune, a suburban San Francisco-based company lung disease drug developer.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 28, 2014
The Silicon Beach photo messaging service Snapchat was valued at $10 billion this week following an investment from venture capital firm Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers. Behind the startup's rapid rise to fame are a handful of firms, including Cooley, which does most of Snapchat's outside legal work, and others like Perkins Coie and Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan. Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel is the son of two lawyers with Am Law 100 ties.
Ross Todd : The American Lawyer : August 27, 2014
Our Midlevel Associates Survey documents the surprising role that law schools play in job satisfaction, as well as sharp differences by gender, race and sexual orientation.
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : August 26, 2014
The two fast-food chains have agreed to an $11.4 billion tie-up that would send the combined company's headquarters up to Canada in the latest controversial tax inversion. Advising on the deal are Kirkland & Ellis, Paul Weiss, Wachtell and Munger Tolles, along with Canadian firms Davies Ward and Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt.
Jan Wolfe : The Litigation Daily : August 20, 2014
The Tenth Circuit ruled once again that the National Credit Union Administration didn't wait too long to sue big banks that sold billions of dollars in ill-fated mortgage-backed securities to federally chartered credit unions.
Todd Ruger : The National Law Journal : August 11, 2014
The Senate confirmed federal judges at a faster rate in the past five months than at any time during President Barack Obama's administration — significantly reducing the number of vacancies on the nation's courts.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : August 08, 2014
Top college football and basketball players must be paid the full cost of their education, plus up to $5,000 a year in broadcast and video game licensing, U.S. District Judge Claudia Wilken of the Northern District of California ruled Friday.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : August 08, 2014
U.S. District Judge Claudia Wilken ordered the National Collegiate Athletic Association to increase men's football and basketball scholarships and permit schools to pay athletes up to $5,000 in licensing revenue.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : August 08, 2014
The judge said Google, Apple, Intel and Adobe should pay $50 million more given an earlier settlement, the strength of the plaintiffs' case and rulings in their favor.
Vivia Chen : The Careerist : August 06, 2014
A look at the subtext behind Working Woman magazine's "50 best firms for women."
Kathleen Baydala Joyner : Daily Report : August 06, 2014
If recently leaked campaign strategy memos are to be believed, U.S. Senate candidate Michelle Nunn is looking to Georgia lawyers as a pillar of her bid for Congress.
Julia Love : The Recorder : August 04, 2014
: Corporate Counsel : August 01, 2014
Recorder Staff : The Recorder : August 01, 2014
This year's list honors women leading major matters, leading within their organizations, and leading the way for other women.
: The American Lawyer : July 30, 2014
Medtronic/Covidien; Tyson/Hillshire; Time Inc. Spinoff; Level 3/TW Telecom; Apple/Beats
Jan Wolfe and Amanda Bronstad : The American Lawyer : July 30, 2014
Meritor v. Eaton; Catholic Healthcare West v. U.S. Foods; Vergara v. State of California; Grocery Manufacturers Association v. Sorrell; Macy's v. J.C. Penney
: The Recorder : July 28, 2014
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
Tony Mauro : Supreme Court Brief : July 23, 2014
Benjamin Horwich has left the U.S. Solicitor General's Office for a new job at the San Francisco office of Munger, Tolles & Olson, which praised his "extraordinary track record as a litigation strategist" in announcing the hire on July 21.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 22, 2014
A high-powered litigator leaves Dechert, more departures from Bingham McCutchen and a rare outside hire by Wachtell Lipton in our latest look at lateral moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Suevon Lee : Commercial Litigation Insider : July 17, 2014
As part of a $650 million settlement with Bank of America in which American International Group agreed to dismiss all outstanding residential mortgage-backed securities claims, AIG Wednesday formally withdrew its objection to the bank's $8.5 billion settlement with institutional investors.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : July 16, 2014
The settlement with class lawyers was reached after 10 years of litigation and a last minute round of mediation.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : July 16, 2014
The settlement with class lawyers was reached after 10 years of litigation and a last-minute round of mediation.
Jan Wolfe : The Litigation Daily : July 16, 2014
In Wednesday's deal with Bank of America, Quinn Emanuel client AIG will pocket $650 million in cash, plus its pro rata share of an earlier $8.5 billion settlement between BofA and mortgage-backed securities investors.
Vanessa Blum : The Recorder : July 14, 2014
A company that admitted it used automated software to create thousands of fake profiles on LinkedIn will pay $40,000 as part of a settlement.
Charles Toutant : New Jersey Law Journal : July 09, 2014
Prudential Financial claims in a suit filed in Newark federal court that Bank of America committed fraud by selling it $119 million in mortgage-backed securities that contained home loans issued under substandard underwriting practices.
Mark Gerlach : Law Technology News : July 09, 2014
A new Working Group from The Sedona Conference will focus on data security and privacy liability.
Drew Combs : The American Lawyer : June 30, 2014
Paul Hastings reaches the A-List's top spot for the first time, while a pair of Second Hundred firms move onto the list.