- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Los Angeles
- Head Count: 190
- Gross Revenues: $266,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,400,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,910,000
- Year Over Year Change: 5
Munger, Tolles & Olson is a Los Angeles-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Munger, Tolles & Olson has 180 attorneys and is the 219th largest firm in the United States. With $266,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 118th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in CA.
In the News
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : May 29, 2015
The Yale Law Women's survey also credits Cadwalader, Duane Morris, Hogan Lovells, Hunton & Williams, Kirkland & Ellis, Morrison & Foerster, Munger Tolles, Orrick and Wilmer.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : May 29, 2015
Despite big predictions and the potential of statutory damages, lawyers like Cooley's Mike Rhodes say plaintiffs aren't making much progress.
Drew Combs : The American Lawyer : May 28, 2015
The group showed improvement, but its results lagged behind The Am Law 100's.
Erin E. Harrison : Legaltech News : May 28, 2015
The winners will be recognized at a special event on July 14 at Legaltech West in San Francisco.
Brian Baxter and
Nell Gluckman : The American Lawyer : May 28, 2015
In messages now posted online, Sony in-house lawyers discuss their outside counsel—not always favorably.
: The American Lawyer : May 28, 2015
MP McQueen : The American Lawyer : May 28, 2015
The percentage of minorities at large law firms hasn't changed much in seven years, our Diversity Scorecard shows.
Miriam Rozen : Texas Lawyer : May 21, 2015
BP, Halliburton Co. and Transocean Ltd. each reached settlements this week in the litigation stemming from the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
Mark Hamblett : New York Law Journal : May 07, 2015
In a victory for the music service Pandora, a federal appeals court in Manhattan said music publishing companies Universal, EMI and Sony/ATV cannot limit Pandora's access to the catalogues of the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : May 06, 2015
The Second Circuit ruled that ASCAP and music publishers can't bypass new media outlets like Pandora when licensing songs from the ASCAP catalog.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 04, 2015
A week after shuttering its last 28 campuses in the aftermath of a crippling settlement with the U.S. Department of Education last year, Corinthian Colleges filed for bankruptcy Monday in Delaware. The for-profit company's Chapter 11 filing marks the largest collapse of a higher education provider in U.S. history and reveals some of Corinthian's mounting legal bills ahead of its demise.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : April 30, 2015
Lawyers for Joe Dunn claim he was sabotaged by Beth Jay, former principal attorney to the chief justice, and that trustees are blocking a leak investigation.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : April 27, 2015
Can Sullivan & Cromwell's Bob Giuffra succeed where his predecessors failed?
: The Recorder : April 24, 2015
After the Snowden leak, the companies' top lawyers united in a push for more transparency around government surveillance.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : April 24, 2015
Across a wide range of litigation, Lieff secured payouts for workers who said they were underpaid or discriminated against.
—By Jennifer Genova and Ross Todd : New Jersey Law Journal : April 24, 2015
A man allegedly injured in a brawl taped by the camera crew of the "Real Housewives of New Jersey" has added the Housewives franchise parent company NBCUniversal and its executive producer Andy Cohen to his civil lawsuit, claiming that the show's cast and production team conspired to start the fight.
: The Litigation Daily : April 24, 2015
The deal comes three years after AIG accused billionaire Steven Udvar-Hazy of pilfering its aircraft leasing unit, and three months after Quinn Emanuel stepped into the case.
Ginny LaRoe : The Recorder : April 24, 2015
Three big wins, secured by different partners, showcased litigation chops across practice areas.
Recorder staff : The Recorder : April 24, 2015
Vivia Chen : The Careerist : April 22, 2015
Despite low female partner rates, the firm gets Yale Law Women's top honors.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : April 21, 2015
U.S. District Judge James Donato denied Ericsson's motion to dismiss a suit over LTE standard-essential patents.
Brian Baxter and Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : April 19, 2015
Internal emails hacked from Sony Pictures Entertainment late last year have been released in a searchable database form by WikiLeaks. The document dump reveals frank discussions between the company's in-house lawyers and outside counsel on everything from legal fees and conflict waivers to pitches for business.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : April 17, 2015
U.S. District Judge Vince Chhabria said a jury should decide whether Disney animators had access to the plaintiff's short film.
: The National Law Journal : April 15, 2015
The National Law Journal presents 75 of the most accomplished female attorneys working in the legal profession today.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : April 13, 2015
Jeffrey Bornstein, who is repping PG&E executives in connection with the San Bruno explosion, will be the boutique firm's first white-collar partner.
Vanessa Blum : The Recorder : April 09, 2015
The three-judge panel didn't sound ready to abandon its previous conclusion that the web site publisher isn't entitled to immunity.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : April 09, 2015
The company could face trial on a Mill Valley animator's claim that she created the scene shown in a trailer for the hit movie.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : April 08, 2015
At a hearing Wednesday, Judge Claudia Wilken seemed likely to transfer the dispute over HIV drug pricing, which has already been tried once, to either Illlinois or North Carolina.
: The Recorder : April 06, 2015
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 03, 2015
Crowell & Moring's environmental and natural resources chair decamps for a key client; Fried Frank hires a new litigation chief; McGuireWoods adds a former top Milbank litigator in Los Angeles; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.