- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: San Francisco
- Head Count: 988
- Gross Revenues: $968,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $980,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,415,000
- Year Over Year Change: -5
Morrison & Foerster is a San Francisco-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Morrison & Foerster has 988 attorneys and is the 25th largest firm in the United States. With $968,500,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 28th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Morrison & Foerster ranked as the 30th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, CO, DC, NY, VA and WA.
In the News
: The National Law Journal : August 31, 2015
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : August 28, 2015
The judge imposes a filing freeze after conflicting decisions set off a mad dash to her courtroom.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : August 27, 2015
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : August 26, 2015
Bicycles have circled around Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro for some time, a hobby of Steve Berman's that's grown into a marketing, athlete-development and healthy-living project over several years. Berman spoke with the NLJ this month shortly after the firm announced its new sponsorship of a team of competitive riders under age 23.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : August 26, 2015
A decision that representing rival patent-seekers amounts to a conflict of interest would have dire consequences for lawyers and clients, according to an amicus brief from Morrison & Foerster, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman and several other firms.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 25, 2015
K&L Gates offsets a series of partner departures with hires in Dallas and Asia; Ashurst brings back a private equity pro from Skadden; Boies Schiller bags one from Cravath; a McKenna Long founder decamps; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : August 25, 2015
In a 2-1 decision, the Ninth Circuit affirmed Terry Christensen's wiretapping conviction, finding the dismissal of a juror during deliberations was warranted.
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : August 24, 2015
He built Latham & Watkins into a global player.
Douglas Mccollam : The American Lawyer : August 24, 2015
"To Kill a Mockingbird" popularized the iconic lawyer as hero. But after more than 50 years, maybe readers are ready for a more nuanced approach.
: The American Lawyer : August 24, 2015
Our 12th annual awards honor lawyers whose remarkable careers have shaped the legal profession.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : The American Lawyer : August 24, 2015
He was the first African-American to head the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division.
Am Law Daily Staff : The Am Law Daily : August 19, 2015
The American Lawyer honors eight longtime lawyers with distinctive careers and a commitment to public service. Three others are recognized for extraordinary talents managing their firm.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : August 18, 2015
The Center for Medical Progress, which has released a string of controversial hidden-camera videos, argues that a lawsuit against the group amounts to prior restraint.
: The Recorder : August 17, 2015
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : August 17, 2015
U.S. District Judge Lucy Koh refused to certify a class of ex-iPhone users who claim that Apple intercepted their text messages.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 04, 2015
Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy brings on a Jones Day M&A duo in New York, as the firm watched two others head for the door; Morrison & Foerster adds a pair from Crowell & Moring; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Andrew Keshner : New York Law Journal : August 03, 2015
President Barack Obama has nominated Eastern District Magistrate Judge Gary Brown to fill a vacancy on the Eastern District bench. He was among seven nominations made Thursday by Obama to the federal courts of New York, Georgia, Pennsylvania and Massachusetts.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : August 03, 2015
U.S. District Judge William Orrick III won't lift a temporary restraining order sought by the National Abortion Federation and its counsel at Morrison & Foerster.
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : August 03, 2015
Covington & Burling, at the top of The National Law Journal's list of Washington's largest firms for the second consecutive year, added about 15 total lawyers last year in a time when elite firms, especially ones that focus on litigation, find the most ability to expand in Washington.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : August 02, 2015
MoFo, working pro bono, secured a temporary restraining order against the release of more anti-abortion videos in the Planned Parenthood controversy. In other news, Cleary Gottlieb, Gibson Dunn and Latham had victories of their own.
: The Recorder : July 31, 2015
MoFo moves over. And Haag moves on.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : July 31, 2015
The Singapore-based warehousing giant is offering $4.6 billion for a portfolio of properties held by Industrial Income Trust.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : July 31, 2015
Hidden-camera videos were the result of fraud, trespass and other illegal acts, according to a suit filed Friday by Morrison & Foerster.
The Recorder Staff : The Recorder : July 31, 2015
This year's list of 60 women includes 10 "power players" who are using their positions and achievements to advocate for women.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : July 30, 2015
Orrick litigators are in the driver's seat after appellate win.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 30, 2015
A bevy of transactions in the pharmaceutical industry and industrial sector in Europe helped make the past week a big one for M&A, with more than a dozen billion-dollar deals being announced.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 29, 2015
K&L Gates, which has watched more than 90 partners depart this year, saw another handful leave within the past week; Morrison & Foerster picks up an Asian litigation leader; O'Melveny & Myers adds one in London; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : July 28, 2015
Adrian Yip, who started at the San Francisco-based firm on Tuesday, advises on asset recoveries, corporate restructurings and intellectual property disputes.
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : July 28, 2015
A select group of Am Law 200 firms are among those touted by Working Mother magazine and consulting firm Flex-Time Lawyers for their annual look at the 50 best firms for women, based on metrics like family-friendly policies and percentage of female partners.
Jim Schroeder : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
Paul Hastings keeps its top spot in The American Lawyer's latest survey of the best of the best in Big Law.