- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: San Francisco
- Head Count: 988
- Gross Revenues: $968,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $980,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,415,000
- Year Over Year Change: -5
Morrison & Foerster is a San Francisco-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Morrison & Foerster has 1020 attorneys and is the 22nd largest firm in the United States. With $968,500,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 28th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Morrison & Foerster ranked as the 30th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, CO, DC, NY, VA and WA.
In the News
Ross Todd : The Recorder : May 27, 2015
A decision to pursue only injunctive relief helped plaintiffs get past the hurdle of class certification in a suit over Yahoo's scanning of email messages.
Gina Passarella : The Legal Intelligencer : May 22, 2015
Reed Smith is set to open an office in Frankfurt, Germany, on June 1 with the addition of seven lawyers from four different firms. The new location, which will focus heavily on the financial services industry, will be managed from the firm's 10-year-old Munich office.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : May 21, 2015
The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office is grappling with applications for social media hashtag marks.
Karen Sloan : The National Law Journal : May 18, 2015
They do the work of associates — meeting with clients, doing research and drafting agreements.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 15, 2015
As the one-year anniversary of the firm's creation draws near, several more Squire Patton Boggs partners seek new homes; Baker & Hostetler brings on roughly 30 lawyers from McKenna Long & Aldridge ahead of the latter's June 1 merger with Dentons; Boies, Schiller & Flexner bags another federal prosecutor; Greenberg Traurig grows in Poland; and more notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : May 11, 2015
High prices and stepped-up antitrust enforcement could take some wind out Valley dealmaking, says the co-chair of MoFo's global M&A practice.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 11, 2015
McKenna Long & Aldridge, O'Melveny & Myers and Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman see more partners peel away; a former Bingham McCutchen tax partner rejoins her former colleagues at Morgan, Lewis & Bockius; a Latham & Watkins antitrust litigator launches her own boutique; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : May 08, 2015
A Texas judge found that a prominent employee's Facebook and Twitter accounts could be considered part of the company's estate.
Drew Combs : The American Lawyer : May 08, 2015
Most Am Law 100 firms had solid results in 2014, but some sector bets paid off especially well.
Monica Paquette : New York Law Journal : May 06, 2015
In one of the year's largest real estate deals, Skadden Arps is on course to be the anchor tenant at One Manhattan West, the first of two commercial towers being proposed in the Hudson Yards district.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : May 05, 2015
The appeals court issued an injunction Tuesday preventing the release of Sandoz's Zarxio until a challenge by rival Amgen can be resolved.
: The National Law Journal : May 04, 2015
Tony Mauro and Marcia Coyle : The National Law Journal : May 04, 2015
Whatever the outcome, the historic U.S. Supreme Court oral arguments over same-sex marriage on April 28 turned out to be a riveting dialogue that fleshed out many of the contentious issues at stake.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : May 04, 2015
New York Law Journal reporter Christine Simmons conducts an informal survey of nine law firm leaders on their expectations for the rest of 2015 based on the first quarter of the year.
: The Recorder : May 04, 2015
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 02, 2015
Covington & Burling and Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman pick up partners from McKenna Long & Aldridge as the latter prepares to merge with Dentons; Kirkland & Ellis and Mayer Brown make European antitrust hires; a Sidley Austin litigator flies solo; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : May 01, 2015
Virginia's highest court has said reviewers have a First Amendment right to post anonymously on such sites as Yelp.
: The Recorder : May 01, 2015
Plus, good news, bad news for law grads.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : May 01, 2015
With demand booming, so too is the supply of attorneys claiming expertise in security and privacy matters.
: New York Law Journal : April 28, 2015
Three firms have added new partners, while two announce promotions.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : April 28, 2015
Cypress Semiconductor litigated in bad faith and must pay a rival's defense fees, the Sixth District Court of Appeal ruled.
Andrew Denney : New York Law Journal : April 28, 2015
Harvey Miller, who is credited as the most prominent bankruptcy attorney in the country and with developing the modern bankruptcy practice, died on Monday after a brief battle with Lou Gehrig's disease.
Chris Johnson : The Am Law Daily : April 28, 2015
Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe will shutter Frankfurt and Berlin bases later this year to focus practice on Düsseldorf and Munich, The American Lawyer has learned.
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : April 27, 2015
It was a year of solid gains for The Am Law 100, especially for a burgeoning group of top firms.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : April 27, 2015
The former MoFo partner discusses her transition to the bench and a family law assignment.
David L. Brown : The American Lawyer : April 27, 2015
Financial transparency won't ruin the profession.
: The National Law Journal : April 27, 2015
Laterals and new arrivals in this week's column.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : April 27, 2015
Tech-focused Cooley pushed up the list, and past O'Melveny.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 26, 2015
The head of McKenna Long & Aldridge's national tax group leaves ahead of a merger with global legal giant Dentons; Arnold & Porter and Cozen O'Connor both make bulk hires from smaller firms; a Jones Day bankruptcy baron returns; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : April 24, 2015
A roundup of Washington, D.C. lateral moves and promotions.