- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: San Francisco
- Head Count: 1,020
- Gross Revenues: $1,011,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $990,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,465,000
- Year Over Year Change: -3
Morrison & Foerster is a San Francisco-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Morrison & Foerster has 1020 attorneys and is the 22nd largest firm in the United States. With $1,011,000,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 23rd on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Morrison & Foerster ranked as the 30th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, CO, DC, NY, VA and WA.
In the News
Scott Graham : The Recorder : November 21, 2014
The IP expert warns clients to prepare for a centralized EU patent court system that will settle matters across the Continent.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : November 20, 2014
For the second time in two weeks, the San Jose federal judge refused to toss claims against Apple over glitches with its iMessage app.
Jeff Mordock : Delaware Business Court Insider : November 19, 2014
A corporation's contractual obligations do not trump an individual director's fiduciary duties in cases where the rights of all shareholders collectively are implicated, the Delaware Court of Chancery has ruled.
: The National Law Journal : November 17, 2014
We've identified 20 firms with outstanding achievements before the U.S. Supreme Court, federal circuit courts and state courts of last resort.
Tania Karas : New York Law Journal : November 17, 2014
President Barack Obama has nominated LaShann DeArcy Hall, a partner at Morrison & Foerster who represents Fortune 500 companies in complex commercial litigation, to serve on the Eastern District court.
Carlyn Kolker : The National Law Journal : November 17, 2014
Carlyn Kolker : The National Law Journal : November 17, 2014
Zoe Tillman : Legal Times : November 14, 2014
Sen. Tom Carper, D-Del., this week called the Senate's delay in voting on pending judicial nominees for the District of Columbia's local courts one of “many injustices” faced by the city because of its lack of control over local affairs.
Mark Gerlach : New Jersey Law Journal : November 13, 2014
Legal tech professionals reminisce about long-gone technologies.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : November 12, 2014
Palo Alto Networks brought an end to its patent brawl with Juniper Networks and soundly defeated an inventor's suit.
Cheryl Miller : The Recorder : November 12, 2014
The governor also named a slew of trial court judges around the state Wednesday.
Sue Reisinger : Corporate Counsel : November 12, 2014
A new index from TRACE International and RAND Corp. is designed to help global companies and their general counsel better gauge the risk of violating corruption laws.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : November 11, 2014
Plaintiffs lawyers contend Apple interfered with text messages sent to customers who switched away from iPhones.
Mark Gerlach : Law Technology News : November 11, 2014
12 on 12: Legal tech professionals reminisce about long-gone technologies.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : November 11, 2014
Latham & Watkins makes a major bid to become a Hollywood heavyweight by luring six high-profile media and entertainment partners from O'Melveny & Myers; Proskauer Rose loses three while Duane Morris adds two; Sidley Austin and Wilson Elser partners go in-house and more notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : November 11, 2014
Steven Baik is joining Sidley's Valley office while Shane Brun moves to Goodwin's S.F. office.
Marcia Coyle : Supreme Court Brief : November 10, 2014
The city of Roswell, Ga.'s denial of a cellphone tower proposed by T-Mobile drew the U.S. Supreme Court on Monday into conflicting arguments over how and when local governments should explain their reasons for denials as required by federal law.
J. Ryan Gilfoil : The Intellectual Property Strategist : November 10, 2014
American Calcar Inc. v. American Honda Motor reminds patent attorneys that intent to deceive the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office can be broadly inferred.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : November 09, 2014
Covington & Burling picks up a leading consumer financial services lawyer from Morrison & Foerster, a firm that recently saw a technology transactions partner join the NBA; Gibson Dunn makes a government hire after election season; two more firms raid Bingham; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : November 06, 2014
The revised Online Privacy Protection Act means some new rules in the new year for app makers and website operators alike.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Law Technology News : November 05, 2014
Courts are not consistent in how they treat 'likes.'
Ross Todd : The Recorder : November 05, 2014
The NPE says it values licensing over litigation, but it keeps adding cases to its docket.
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : November 04, 2014
David Navetta and Boris Segalis are leaving Chicago-based InfoLaw Group LLP to join Norton Rose Fulbright's offices in Denver and New York as part of a wave of hiring by Big Law to beef up their booming cybersecurity practices.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : November 03, 2014
Tiffany Cheung, chair of Morrison & Foerster's consumer class actions practice, entered her appearance in the case Friday.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : November 01, 2014
A Steptoe & Johnson crisis manager joins a spin shop, while a former special counsel quietly departs; Kirkland adds another Skadden partner; King & Spalding brings on Bobby Jindal's brother; Baker & Hostetler bags three across the country; a Bingham IP star departs; and more notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
: Corporate Counsel : November 01, 2014
The top lawyer at FreshDirect already has a full plate of legal challenges; and other Moves.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : October 31, 2014
Damian Roberts and Ian Williams will be based in Tokyo and Brisbane, respectively.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Law Technology News : October 30, 2014
Categorize the types of personal information your company has and its evaluate its sensitivity.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : October 30, 2014
*Magic Circle duo leads $6.5 billion Bank of China share sale*Simmons & Simmons acts for Hong Kong's United Energy on $786 million bond program*MoFo advises SoftBank on $627 million investment into Indian e-commerce company
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : October 28, 2014
The Japanese company is buying a majority share in Indian e-commerce outfit Snapdeal.