- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: San Francisco
- Head Count: 988
- Gross Revenues: $968,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $980,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,415,000
- Year Over Year Change: -5
Morrison & Foerster is a San Francisco-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Morrison & Foerster has 988 attorneys and is the 25th largest firm in the United States. With $968,500,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 28th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Morrison & Foerster ranked as the 35th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, CO, DC, NY, VA and WA.
In the News
Ross Todd : The Recorder : December 01, 2015
U.S. District Judge Lucy Koh said claims of missing text messages don't fit under the Wiretap Act.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : December 01, 2015
Russell Weiss, who represents clients in the entertainment and media industries, has joined Sidley Austin's Los Angeles office.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : December 01, 2015
Paul Hastings adds an energy and project finance partner to open in São Paulo; Hogan Lovells makes three new hires; Northwestern nabs a Jenner & Block practice leader; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : November 25, 2015
Boies Schiller, Debevoise and Gibson Dunn took the lead for the two leading daily fantasy sports companies—DraftKings and FanDuel—in their bid to beat back New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman's bid to ban them from operating in the Empire State.
: The National Law Journal : November 23, 2015
The former chief judge of the Patent Trial and Appeal Board is coming clean. James Smith has joined Ecolab Inc., a Fortune 500 chemical company that promotes sanitation in everything from hospitals to drinking water to farm animals. Plus more in this week's column.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : November 23, 2015
In a first-of-its-kind deal, a team of Pillsbury lawyers helped a Virginia conservation group get into the coal mining business.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : November 19, 2015
Five years after a nasty takeover battle, industrial gas distribution giant Airgas and its lawyers from Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz present another acquisition to shareholders.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : November 19, 2015
The Sullivan & Cromwell partner turned plaintiffs lawyer says a verdict he won against Ernst & Young may be his most significant yet.
Andrew Keshner : New York Law Journal : November 18, 2015
LaShann DeArcy Hall, a Morrison & Foerster partner, was confirmed as an Eastern District judge on Monday by the U.S. Senate, filling a position that opened when Judge Nicholas Garaufis took senior status in October 2014.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : November 18, 2015
New partners join K&L Gates in Sydney and Warsaw as the firm closes a U.S. office; Norton Rose Fulbright loses two practice leaders; Sutherland snags a Kaye Scholer project finance head; and other notable address changes from throughout The Am Law 200.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : November 18, 2015
Macquarie Capital wants Morrison & Foerster to share the blame for the investment bank's ill-fated entanglement with defunct Chinese company Puda Coal. But first it'll have to convince a skeptical New York judge.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : November 18, 2015
At HP Inc., Kim Rivera's package is all in restricted stock, while new GCs at eBay and PayPal received a mix of options and RSUs.
: The Asian Lawyer : November 18, 2015
Both regional and international firms alike took home trophies for their work on the most innovative and creative deals and disputes in Southeast Asia and India. Here's the full list of winners.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : November 18, 2015
As part of a settlement secured by Morrison & Foerster and Freshfields, China's ZWCAD Software Co. issued a public apology and agreed to remove infringing products from the market.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : November 17, 2015
Former Proskauer Rose associate Jason Nelms has joined the San Francisco-based firm's funds group.
Cheryl Miller : The Recorder : November 17, 2015
Five Bay Area lawyers are among the new crop of state judges.
: The National Law Journal : November 16, 2015
The 20 firms on these pages represent appellate advocacy at its strongest.
Michael Moline : The National Law Journal : November 16, 2015
It's been one year since Joseph Palmore joined fellow U.S. Solicitor General's Office veteran Deanne Maynard as co-leader of Morrison & Foerster's 10-attorney appellate practice.
Chris Johnson : The Am Law Daily : November 16, 2015
The shakeup of the German legal market continues, with White & Case set to close its Munich office in early 2016.
Amanda Bronstad : The National Law Journal : November 16, 2015
FanDuel Inc. and DraftKings Inc. are facing about 40 class actions claiming that the online daily fantasy sport sites fraudulently enticed customers into participating in illegal gambling.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : November 11, 2015
A Morrison & Foerster lawyer offers his opinion on why the popular disappearing-act app has garnered such a following.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : November 09, 2015
Detroit-based Dickinson Wright launches a health care affiliate; Duane Morris hires a diversity leader; Quinn Emanuel starts a class action practice in Australia; Sidley expands in Los Angeles; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : November 07, 2015
Company complains that the agency took years to render its conclusory rejection.
Charles Toutant : New Jersey Law Journal : November 04, 2015
GoPro Inc., a maker of cameras used in surfing and other sports, has been accused in a patent infringement suit in federal court in Newark of copying the design of a small, cube-shaped Polaroid camera.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : November 03, 2015
C&A Marketing, maker of Polaroid brand cameras, accuses GoPro of copying the design of its Polaroid Cube.
Mike Susong : Legaltech News : November 03, 2015
Automated scanning and routing software a perfect fit for Seyfarth culture and processes.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : November 02, 2015
“Expensive, bitter, time‐consuming and hard‐fought.” That's how a federal judge in Miami described a $380 million antitrust battle between two pharmaceutical manufacturing and marketing companies.
Brian Baxter and Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : November 02, 2015
A United Nations war crimes tribunal for former members of the Khmer Rouge reels in a Holland & Knight partner; Kilpatrick Townsend sets up shop in Texas; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : October 30, 2015
Social media opens new frontiers—and poses new questions—in jury selection.
: New York Law Journal : October 29, 2015
Sanctuary for Families presented a leadership award to Rosemonde Pierre-Louis, New York City's senior advisor on gender equity, at its 13th annual Above & Beyond Pro Bono Awards. The organization also recognized firms for providing pro bono staffing to New York City's Human Trafficking Intervention Courts.