- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: San Francisco
- Head Count: 1,020
- Gross Revenues: $1,011,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $990,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,465,000
- Year Over Year Change: -3
Morrison & Foerster is a San Francisco-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Morrison & Foerster has 1020 attorneys and is the 22nd largest firm in the United States. With $1,011,000,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 23rd on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Morrison & Foerster ranked as the 30th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, CO, DC, NY, VA and WA.
In the News
: The Asian Lawyer : March 30, 2015
The U.K. private client boutique has made an unrivaled push into the region to capitalize on a fast-growing population of high-net-worth individuals in China, Singapore and other top jurisdictions.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : March 30, 2015
The defunct, fraud-addled Chinese company Puda Coal was disaster for its investors, and remains a major litigation headache for its bankers. Now the investment bank Macquarie Group wants the lawyers to share the blame.
Tony Mauro : The National Law Journal : March 27, 2015
The U.S. Supreme Court rarely offers practice pointers to the advocates who appear before it. But it did just that on March 23, when it admonished members of the Supreme Court bar to use "plain terms" when they write briefs.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : March 27, 2015
Governor Jerry Brown named 12 new judges Friday, including four in Los Angeles County, two in San Diego and one in Tulare.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : March 26, 2015
It may take years before the law on "biosimilar" drugs is settled. But for now, MoFo's Krevans and Esposito have set the standard.
Mark Hamblett : New York Law Journal : March 26, 2015
Fed up with massive pleadings filled with irrelevance and redundancy, a federal judge has ordered the lawyers in a franchise dispute to scale their offerings way back.
David Bario : The Litigation Daily : March 25, 2015
After lawyers at Reed Smith and other firms buried him in "behemoth pleadings" in a case involving UPS, a judge in Manhattan finally got fed up.
Chris Johnson : The Am Law Daily : March 25, 2015
The Chicago-based firm has announced that it will open a disputes-focused office in London later this spring to meet the increasing international needs of its clients.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : March 24, 2015
The San Diego partner knows what it takes to get a drone aircraft practice off the ground.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : March 23, 2015
Richard Nelson is among a spate of departures from Herbert Smith Freehills' Asia offices in recent months.
: The Recorder : March 20, 2015
Plus, a silver lining for MoFo. And Lynne Hermle makes the most of what she has to work with.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : March 20, 2015
There's no clear path to landing an in-house post. But it doesn't hurt to work at MoFo.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : March 20, 2015
For a second time, the appeals court sided with Oracle in its legal battle against Google.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : March 19, 2015
U.S. District Judge Richard Seeborg turned back Amgen's request for an injunction against Sandoz, which received FDA clearance for a biosimilar drug earlier this month.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : March 19, 2015
Nearly four years to the day after McDermott Will & Emery took on the entire private client practice of Weil, Gotshal & Manges, the former has hired Holland & Knight's international private client practice leader Leigh-Alexandra Basha in Washington, D.C. The move comes as many Am Law 200 firms have reevaluated their private client and trusts and estates practices, and as McDermott braces for some other partner departures.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : March 19, 2015
Facing litigation over California's toxic chemical law, Prop 65? Better call Corash.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : March 18, 2015
In a win for MoFo, the appeal court held that lead exposure should be calculated based on the eating habits of real people.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : March 18, 2015
Gary Lock, a 15-year veteran of Herbert Smith Freehills and one of its top capital markets partners in Asia, has joined King & Wood's corporate and securities team.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : March 17, 2015
After raiding Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough for five health care partners, fast-growing Polinselli will open an office in Raleigh; Gibson Dunn and Winston & Strawn add new practice leaders; the NSA's top lawyer returns to Mayer Brown; three former federal prosecutors flock to Robins Kaplan and Wilmer; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Rudy Kim and Michelle Yang : The Intellectual Property Strategist : March 17, 2015
The VirnetX, Inc. v. Cisco Sys. decision leaves open new potential strategies to be employed (and countered) by parties and their damages experts.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : March 17, 2015
Chair Larren Nashelsky said the firm is regrouping after seeing several major matters to their end.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : March 16, 2015
Shanghai-based Summitview Capital is leading a Chinese consortium to buy U.S. chipmaker Integrated Silicon Solutions Inc. and delisted it from the Nasdaq.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : March 16, 2015
BlackBerry Ltd. may still be grasping at the heels of its smartphone competitors, but the company's lawyers aren't having much trouble beating back investor class actions over its spotty performance.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : March 13, 2015
Having just completed his first year as chairman of Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson, David Greenwald is happy with his firm's "realignment." Fried Frank, which in January announced plans to shutter its offices in Asia, saw gross revenue remain flat in 2014, although profits per partner and revenue per lawyer both hit the highest marks in the firm's history.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : March 12, 2015
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : March 10, 2015
Sidley Austin and Katten Muchin Rosenman snag Vinson & Elkins partners in Houston; Honigman adds a former U.S. senator; K&L Gates bags eight lawyers in two cities; Mayer Brown and Chadbourne & Parke make additions in Mexico City; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Recorder Staff : The Recorder : March 06, 2015
In addition to overall and speciality practice awards, honorees include high-impact in-house counsel.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : March 05, 2015
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Chris Johnson : The Am Law Daily : March 04, 2015
Despite flat revenues and a second consecutive drop in total lawyer head count, DLA Piper's net income rose by more than 10 percent in 2014, to a record high of $667 million. This increased efficiency pushed the firm's profit margin from 24 to 27 percent—its highest since 2008—while average profits per equity partner rose 12.5 percent, to $1.49 million, another firm record.
: The Asian Lawyer : March 04, 2015
On Tuesday night, The Asian Lawyer held its second annual Asia Legal Awards, celebrating the region's top law firms. As promised, here's the list of lucky winners.