- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: San Francisco
- Head Count: 941
- Gross Revenues: $979,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,040,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,555,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
Morrison & Foerster is a San Francisco-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Morrison & Foerster has 988 attorneys and is the 25th largest firm in the United States. With $979,500,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 28th on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Morrison & Foerster ranked as the 35th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, CO, DC, NY, VA and WA.
In the News
Ross Todd : The Recorder : May 27, 2016
The company and its new first chair, Peter Bicks, seemed to have all the momentum going into the re-trial.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : May 19, 2016
In dispute over agriculture IP, two former UC-Davis scientists are suing over a lucrative strawberry breeding program.
: New Jersey Law Journal : May 18, 2016
Taxpayer Not Entitled to Exception from Interest Add-Back Requirement
Ed Silverstein : Legaltech News : May 18, 2016
The panel will discuss the how up and coming innovations will revolutionize and level the playing field for client services
Ian Lopez : Legaltech News : May 16, 2016
A CREATe.org whitepaper provides an overview of international cybersecurity regulation and methods for security on the threat landscape.
Ed Silverstein : Legaltech News : May 16, 2016
When reviewing data such as that collected by the FTC, it can help establish trends and can launch law enforcement investigations.
Frances Ivens : The Am Law Daily : May 15, 2016
Research into recent recruitment trends by international firms in London has found that they brought in over 20 percent more partners in 2015 than the year before, with total partner numbers climbing by 6 percent across the group year-on-year.
Nancy Gertner : New York Law Journal : May 13, 2016
Where there is no realistic or meaningful opportunity to demand a trial—in a system where a person may wait over three years for a trial on a low-level misdemeanor and lose a job in the process—the constitutional underpinnings of plea-bargaining collapse. It is a punishment system, not a trial system.
Richard Zitrin : The Recorder : May 12, 2016
Bar prosecutors should remember their mission is public protection—not backlog reduction, writes Richard Zitrin.
Andrew Keshner : New York Law Journal : May 11, 2016
Lengthy delays, congestion and backlogs in Bronx Criminal Court have produced a systemic deprivation of rights for borough residents charged with misdemeanors, according to a federal suit filed Tuesday against the state court system.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : May 11, 2016
Capital markets specialist Miao & Co has replaced intellectual property boutique Choy, Cheung & Co as the local partner firm.
Vivia Chen : The Careerist : May 11, 2016
A gutsy admission? Or career suicide?
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 11, 2016
A quartet of cybersecurity pros plies their wares at new firms; Blank Rome hires a former U.S. senator; Cooley adds a high-powered private equity team; Orrick adds again in Paris; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Mark Hamblett : New York Law Journal : May 10, 2016
Federal prosecutor Carrie Cohen is leaving the Southern District U.S. Attorney's Office to join Morrison & Foerster's securities litigation, enforcement and white-collar criminal defense and commercial litigation and trials practice groups.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : May 10, 2016
Peter Bicks, the New York litigator taking center stage against Google, took aim at his adversary's famous file cabinet and even coined a catchphrase.
: The Recorder : May 09, 2016
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : May 09, 2016
The firm announced the addition of seasoned transactional lawyers in New York, Silicon Valley and London, including former Cadwalader private equity chief Ronald Hopkinson.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : May 09, 2016
Despite the grave implications, Judge Sharon Prost seemed skeptical of PTO practice for continuation patents.
: The National Law Journal : May 09, 2016
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : May 08, 2016
If Oracle's lawyers overcome Google's fair use defense, they plan to ask for nearly $9 billion in copyright damages.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : May 07, 2016
From the star witness lists to the tough judge, here's what you should know about the tech titans' showdown.
Stephanie Forshee : Corporate Counsel : May 05, 2016
Clear Channel Outdoor Americas launched a new advertising data research tool called Radar in late February that tracks consumers' movements. Now a high-ranking U.S. senator is demanding a federal investigation for what he's labeled "spying billboards."
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 05, 2016
More comings-and-goings at Kirkland & Ellis; cybersecurity hiring stays hot at Cooley and Covington; Latham & Watkins snags another lateral in Germany; Paul Weiss restocks its litigation group; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : May 02, 2016
A look at some of the most notable lateral litigator moves in April.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 02, 2016
DLA Piper bags new recruits from Skadden and Willkie Farr; Chadbourne & Parke picks up a partner with World Cup ties; Cleary Gottlieb adds an Allen & Overy practice leader; Stroock nabs a former federal judge; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : April 28, 2016
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : April 28, 2016
A leader of Morrison & Foerster's national trial practice, Huston was also a fighter pilot, a former Navy officer and a best-selling author.
Mike Scarcella : Legal Times : April 27, 2016
Dennis Hastert is set to be sentenced today in Chicago federal district court. Ex-Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell takes his corruption challenge to the justices today. And the plaintiffs who lost their case against North Carolina's voter identification law have taken an appeal to the Fourth Circuit. This is a roundup from ALM and other publications.
Cheryl Miller : The Recorder : April 27, 2016
After nearly five tumultuous years as chief trial counsel, Jayne Kim told The Recorder it was a good time to leave.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 27, 2016
The Philadelphia-based firm bolts on smaller wealth management shops in California and Florida; Jenner & Block rebuilds its government contracts group; Sidley Austin hires MoFo's ERISA head; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.