- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: San Francisco
- Head Count: 988
- Gross Revenues: $968,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $980,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,415,000
- Year Over Year Change: -5
Morrison & Foerster is a San Francisco-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Morrison & Foerster has 988 attorneys and is the 25th largest firm in the United States. With $968,500,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 28th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Morrison & Foerster ranked as the 35th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, CO, DC, NY, VA and WA.
In the News
Ross Todd : The Recorder : February 08, 2016
The owner of a Chicago design firm, represented by Morrison & Foerster, says proving his ex-girlfriend posted negative comments is crucial to defending a defamation suit.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : February 06, 2016
In order granting a preliminary injunction, Judge William Orrick III wrote that secretly recorded videos were "misleadingly edited" and obtained through fraud.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : February 05, 2016
A disciplined, multi-year hiring spree that brought in partners Douglas Lumish, Richard Frenkel and Jeffrey Homrig helped turn around a listless practice.
Amanda Bronstad : The National Law Journal : February 05, 2016
More than 80 class actions filed against FanDuel and DraftKings alleging that their online sites are rigged have been coordinated into an MDL in Massachusetts. Both companies said that district was the favored venue.
Marcia Coyle : Supreme Court Brief : February 03, 2016
As an "argumentative little kid," Stephanie Toti, who will make her first U.S. Supreme Court argument in this term's abortion case, always wanted to be a lawyer, but she found her niche in the law itself in her grandmother's greatest regret in life.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : February 02, 2016
Partner Demme Doufekias discusses her victory in a Louisiana abortion rights challenge, the upcoming Supreme Court showdown in Whole Woman's Health v. Cole, and her firm's pro bono advocacy for women's reproductive rights.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : February 01, 2016
Brian Baxter and Christine Simmons : The Am Law Daily : February 01, 2016
The latest Dickstein Shapiro defectors are hired by Holland & Knight; Jones Day adds an IP trio; Kirkland & Ellis recruits a senior SEC official; Latham & Watkins lands a high-profile lateral in Germany; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The American Lawyer : February 01, 2016
James Schroeder : The American Lawyer : February 01, 2016
Twenty-five of last year's most notable and intriguing lateral moves.
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : February 01, 2016
Jones Day remains a stable second and DLA Piper and Morgan Lewis are moving up, according to a survey of general counsel by Acritas Research.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : January 29, 2016
Davis Polk's Alan Denenberg thought it would be fun to take clients to the game—until he saw the prices.
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : January 28, 2016
One of the rarest areas for lateral hires has a new face: Suzanna Brickman joined DLA Piper as full-time pro bono counsel. Brickman becomes one of the global firm's seven pro bono lawyers. Generally, full-time pro bono attorneys at firms don't move around much, as there are so few of them. Some firms have one or two. Many large firms have no dedicated pro bono counsel.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : January 28, 2016
Figure out what you want, what you really, really want, advises Fenwick's Laurence Pulgram.
: New York Law Journal : January 27, 2016
Quinn Emanuel, Robins Kaplan and Greenberg Traurig announce new hires, while Morrison & Foerster has elected three to partner.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : January 27, 2016
U.S. District Judge Gregory Sleet ruled that Washington University waited to loo long to complain about its share of income from a blockbuster kidney disease treatment.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 27, 2016
Paul Hastings and Kirkland & Ellis and several other big firms make key additions in Texas; Greenberg Traurig, Orrick and Sidley Austin keep hiring; Wilson Sonsini welcomes back a favorite son; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Stephanie Forshee : Corporate Counsel : January 26, 2016
Consumers are undoubtedly concerned with data privacy. But they also understand that any company can be prone to data breaches or other privacy violations.
Zach Warren : Legaltech News : January 26, 2016
The Morrison & Foerster survey also found that identity theft is an increasing concern for consumers.
The Asian Lawyer : The Asian Lawyer : January 25, 2016
For our third annual Asia Legal Awards, we have selected a short list of 27 categories of deals and matters from the region's leading firms and practitioners. Winners will be announced on Feb. 23 at the Four Seasons Hotel in Hong Kong.
Zoe Tillman : The National Law Journal : January 25, 2016
Montana officials in October agreed to pay $100,000 in legal fees to lawyers who successfully argued against the state's same-sex marriage ban, according to a copy of the agreement recently obtained by The National Law Journal.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : January 22, 2016
Andrew Miller, who resigned in 2013, will pay $450,000 to resolve securities fraud and other charges.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 21, 2016
Unrest in the oil and gas industry and more microchip merger madness have yielded roles for several Am Law 100 firms in The Am Law Daily's look at the latest round of billion-dollar transactions.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : January 20, 2016
Ruling 6-3 in 'Campbell-Ewald v. Gomez,' the high court held that a defendant can't moot a class action by offering full payment to the lead plaintiff.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : January 19, 2016
The defendant asked for all photos posted on Facebook. The scope of what was discoverable was limited on appeal.
: The National Law Journal : January 18, 2016
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
: The National Law Journal : January 11, 2016
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : January 10, 2016
Tessa Schwartz has been named to one of four firmwide managing partner posts.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 10, 2016
An L.A. boutique adds four from Dickstein Shapiro; Barclays bags a Jenner & Block partner; Latham & Watkins lands a chief judge; Locke Lord hires from Volkswagen; Louis Freeh leaves Pepper Hamilton; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Andrew Denney : New York Law Journal : January 08, 2016
The New York City Police Department has agreed to hire an attorney as a civilian representative to monitor its counterterrorism operations under a settlement agreement with civil rights groups that accused the department of unfairly surveilling Muslims.