- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Designation: San Francisco
- Head Count: 1,020
- Gross Revenues: $1,011,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $990,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,465,000
- Year Over Year Change: -3
Morrison & Foerster is a San Francisco-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Morrison & Foerster has 1020 attorneys and is the 22nd largest firm in the United States. With $1,011,000,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 23rd on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2012 Global 100 survey, Morrison & Foerster ranked as the 27th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, CO, DC, London, NY, VA and WA.
In the News
Lisa Shuchman : The Litigation Daily : September 15, 2014
O'Melveny & Myers scored a speedy appellate victory in a battle between past and present television titans, persuading the Federal Circuit to reject patent infringement claims by Japan's Hitachi Consumer Electronics against fast-growing Chinese TV manufacturer TPV Technology Ltd.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : September 15, 2014
The Sixth District Court of Appeal has reversed the dismissal of a false advertising suit related to the marketing of the iPhone 3G.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : September 12, 2014
With 400 lawyers in the state's major markets, a combined firm would be a formidable player. Still, it's not clear whether merger talks are serious.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : September 10, 2014
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : September 10, 2014
The U.S. Department of Justice's third-in-command reportedly will be the new general counsel for PepsiCo Inc.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : September 09, 2014
The IP litigation exodus from Kirkland & Ellis continued this week as partners William Devitt and Matthew Hertko decamped for Jones Day in Chicago. The Am Law Daily has a look at those moves and more in our latest roundup of notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Richard Acello : The National Law Journal : September 08, 2014
United Parcel Service Inc. is the world's largest package-delivery company. General counsel Teri McClure leads a team of 41 in the United States and 72 worldwide.
Lisa Shuchman : The Litigation Daily : September 08, 2014
Less than three weeks after halting drugmakers Mylan and Par Pharma from selling generic versions of Hospira's blockbuster sedative Precedex, a judge in Baltimore performed an unexpected about-face that allows the generics to resume sales.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : September 08, 2014
Santa Clara Judge Peter Kirwan saw a clear conflict in the firm's simultaneous representation of rivals SK Hynix and Toshiba.
: The National Law Journal : September 08, 2014
The U.S. Department of Justice is digging in deeper in Ferguson, Mo., initiating a civil rights investigation of the police department that follows the Aug. 9 fatal shooting of an unarmed black teen, Attorney General Eric Holder Jr. said last week.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : September 07, 2014
Baker & McKenzie, Jones Day, Norton Rose Fulbright and Squire Patton Boggs all experienced churn to their robust partnership ranks in the first week of September; a high-profile in-house lawyer joins Ballard Spahr as a Bingham McCutchen partner heads the other way; and Milbank brings on a top federal prosecutor in our latest look at notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
The Recorder Staff : The Recorder : September 05, 2014
: The Recorder : September 05, 2014
David Ruiz : The Recorder : September 05, 2014
The Recorder Staff : The Recorder : September 05, 2014
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : September 05, 2014
Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group Holding filed papers Friday seeking to raise more than $21 billion in an initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange later this month. The company's prospectus also reveals a lucrative payday for its outside lawyers, generating $15.775 million in legal fees and expenses.
: The Recorder : September 05, 2014
Our overall winner, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, handles complicated deals with expertise that inspires client confidence.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : September 04, 2014
September's deluge of deals didn't leave out Canada. Hogan Lovells and a half-dozen leading firms up north grabbed roles this week on two transactions in the financial services and construction industry totaling roughly $5 billion.
Zoe Tillman : Legal Times : September 03, 2014
Associate Attorney General Tony West will leave the U.S. Department of Justice later this month, the department announced on Wednesday.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : September 03, 2014
Santa Clara Judge Peter Kirwan sounded ready Wednesday to bar Paul Hastings from representing SK Hynix because of the firm's ties to Toshiba, an interested party.
: New York Law Journal : September 02, 2014
McDermott Will & Emery has added Alysse McLoughlin as a partner, rejoining the firm from Barclays; P.J. Forcino has joined Meyer Suozzi as executive director; and Wilson Sonsini has added Benjamin Hoch; among other moves.
Maria Zilberman : The Recorder : August 29, 2014
The results of the 2014 Associates Survey expose high anxiety over workplace demands and partnership prospects.
: The Am Law Daily : August 29, 2014
In this category, The American Lawyer's Global Legal Awards honor the 10 cross-border deals and disputes of 2013 that best exemplify the challenges of transnational legal practice.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : August 28, 2014
*Kirkland & Ellis advises Orchid Asia on $920 million China fund*HSF, KWM lead AGL's $1.1 billion rights issue for MacGen acquisition*Simpson Thacher, Gunderson Dettmer on Murata's $465 million acquisition of chipmaker Peregrine
Brian Baxter : The American Lawyer : August 27, 2014
To cement a merger, Bingham offered three years of pay guarantees to McKee Nelson partners.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 27, 2014
Michael McGuinness, a corporate partner and former head of the Latin American M&A practice at Shearman & Sterling in New York, has left the firm for Jones Day, which over the past year has sought to slake its thirst for south-of-the-border clients by opening an office in Miami and making key lateral hires.
Ross Todd : The American Lawyer : August 27, 2014
The one thing that midlevels want to tell their managing partner.
: The Am Law Daily : August 27, 2014
In this category, The American Lawyer's Global Legal Awards recognizes the 10 deals that best exemplify the challenges of transnational finance practice, from capital markets offerings to capital restructurings to infrastructure projects conceived on a vast scale.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 26, 2014
After a short stint at Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman, a pair of former Patton Boggs litigators have joined several former colleagues at Manatt, Phelps & Phillips; a Sidley Austin litigation cochair goes in-house; a former Thelen firm leader retires; and more notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : August 20, 2014
Judge Lucy Koh ruled that Samsung raised reasonable defenses to the trade dress claims at issue in its epic fight with Apple, making fee shifting inappropriate.