- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: San Francisco
- Head Count: 941
- Gross Revenues: $979,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,040,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,555,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
Morrison & Foerster is a San Francisco-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Morrison & Foerster has 988 attorneys and is the 25th largest firm in the United States. With $968,500,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 28th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Morrison & Foerster ranked as the 35th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, CO, DC, NY, VA and WA.
In the News
David Ruiz : The Recorder : April 28, 2016
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : April 28, 2016
A leader of Morrison & Foerster's national trial practice, Huston was also a fighter pilot, a former Navy officer and a best-selling author.
Mike Scarcella : Legal Times : April 27, 2016
Dennis Hastert is set to be sentenced today in Chicago federal district court. Ex-Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell takes his corruption challenge to the justices today. And the plaintiffs who lost their case against North Carolina's voter identification law have taken an appeal to the Fourth Circuit. This is a roundup from ALM and other publications.
Cheryl Miller : The Recorder : April 27, 2016
After nearly five tumultuous years as chief trial counsel, Jayne Kim told The Recorder it was a good time to leave.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 27, 2016
The Philadelphia-based firm bolts on smaller wealth management shops in California and Florida; Jenner & Block rebuilds its government contracts group; Sidley Austin hires MoFo's ERISA head; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
David Ruiz : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
Native Silicon Valley firms benefited the most, but others saw gains as well.
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
: The National Law Journal : April 25, 2016
The Pro Bono Institute has named Eve Runyon as its new president and CEO, following the death of the group's founder and longtime leader Esther Lardent on April 4. Plus more in this week's column.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : April 22, 2016
The list is out! And California firms outpaced their peers in a year of glacial growth.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : April 22, 2016
Even as the commodities market exhibits signs of revival, predictions have been proven true that plummeted prices would result in bankruptcies.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 21, 2016
Wachtell, Skadden, Cleary Gottlieb and King & Wood Mallesons are advising on a $3.6 billion acquisition of U.S. printer maker Lexmark International Inc. by a Chinese-led consortium.
Zoe Tillman : The National Law Journal : April 21, 2016
In a rare public speech since his nomination to the U.S. Supreme was announced, Chief Judge Merrick Garland of the D.C. Circuit delivered remarks at the court's annual pro bono recognition breakfast. He urged lawyers to do more to close the access-to-justice gap.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 20, 2016
A shift change at Jenner & Block; Duane Morris takes on 13 lawyers from two firms; DLA Piper partners form their own boutique; a Proskauer Rose litigator becomes CEO of a litigation financier; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The Am Law Daily : April 20, 2016
Before The American Lawyer's complete annual Am Law 100 report is released on April 25, take a peek at preliminary reporting on law firm financials from The Am Law Daily and its regional affiliates.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : April 19, 2016
Lisa Yano also previously led Paul Weiss' office in the Japanese capital.
Mike Scarcella : Legal Times : April 19, 2016
A new Wall Street Journal/NBC poll finds increasing public support for the confirmation of Merrick Garland to the U.S. Supreme Court. Donald Trump hires a top election-law strategist. And Gibson Dunn's Helgi Walker talks with the NLJ about her first argument at the high court—as an appointed friend of the court. This is a roundup from ALM and other publications.
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : April 18, 2016
Jenner & Block waved goodbye to the bulk of its government-contracts and procurement practice this week, when eight partners in Washington and Northern Virginia announced they would join Morrison & Foerster.
: The Recorder : April 16, 2016
The Recorder is celebrating the California lawyers who won big last year and highlighting the departments, litigators and in-house lawyers who delivered exceptional results on their clients' most critical and challenging matters.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : April 15, 2016
The sale to Canada-based Mitel will lower its taxes, though executives said it wasn't an inversion.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : April 15, 2016
The MoFo litigator secured a win for Sandoz in the first case to test the regime established by Congress to speed approval of biosimilar drugs.
Ben Hancock : The Recorder : April 13, 2016
With litigation in the forecast, lawyers say companies should consider other compliance mechanisms.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 13, 2016
Two longtime Am Law 100 partners start post-legal careers; Kirkland & Ellis hires in Germany; Orrick grows in Europe; Reed Smith makes moves amid merger talks; White & Case goes to Boston; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Ben Hancock : The Recorder : April 08, 2016
Putting trade secrets on the same playing field as patents, trademarks and copyrights makes sense to Valley lawyers like James Pooley. But some say seizure provisions set the stage for "trade secrets trolls."
David Ruiz : The Recorder : April 07, 2016
The company will pay up to $25 million and change how it describes driver checks, among other things, to settle claims brought by S.F. and L.A. district attorneys.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : April 07, 2016
A team from Morrison & Foerster won a bench trial in California state court on behalf of Lumber Liquidators, which was accused of failing to warn consumers that 26 of its laminate flooring products contained cancer-causing formaldehyde.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 06, 2016
A pair of PE partners leave Weil; a rare hire by Wachtell; big firms raid Cadwalader and Reed Smith; Jenner & Block, Jones Day and Schiff Hardin rotate practice leaders; Goodwin Procter goes to Paris; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Rick Kopstein, Photographer : New York Law Journal : April 05, 2016
Eastern District Chief Judge Carol Bagley Amon swore in LaShann DeArcy Hall as a new Eastern District judge on Friday.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : April 05, 2016
Demand for litigators seems to be lagging behind corporate, regulatory and transactional specialists--consistent with predictions by some consultants earlier this year. So what do recent lateral moves tell us about the market for litigators?
Ross Todd : The Recorder : April 04, 2016
Judge Joseph Spero concluded that the possible evidentiary value of the information was outweighed by free speech concerns.
: The National Law Journal : April 04, 2016
Laterals and new arrivals in this week's column.