- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: San Francisco
- Head Count: 941
- Gross Revenues: $979,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,040,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,555,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
Morrison & Foerster is a San Francisco-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2016 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Morrison & Foerster has 941 attorneys and is the 28th largest firm in the United States. With $979,500,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 28th on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Morrison & Foerster ranked as the 35th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, CO, DC, NY, VA and WA.
In the News
Scott Graham : Law.com : June 28, 2016
The United Kingdom's Brexit vote won't disrupt current patent practice in Europe, practitioners said Friday, but it will surely cause further delays—and possibly even kill—plans for a unified European patent court.
Zoe Tillman : The National Law Journal : June 28, 2016
The U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday agreed to hear an antitrust case that accuses Visa Inc., MasterCard Inc. and three major banks—Bank of America, Chase and Wells Fargo—of conspiring to inflate ATM access fees.
: The Associated Press : June 27, 2016
After 20 years behind bars for a murder he says he didn't commit, Richard Rosario was about to get the charges dropped Friday. Until he said no.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : June 27, 2016
The vote is likely to delay, and even kill, plans for a Unified Patent Court, and may require EU trademark holders to refile in the UK.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 27, 2016
While Friday's Brexit vote has likely cast a potential shadow over cross-border M&A activity, a number of timely billion-dollar tie-ups were announced amid the U.K.'s decision to leave the European Union.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : June 24, 2016
That's one way to understand a data analysis that found the firm's fingerprints all over the agreement to buy LinkedIn for $26.2 billion.
Frances Ivens : Legal Week : June 21, 2016
The Chinese ecommerce company will take over the Chinese online business Yihaodian and in exchange give a 5 percent stake to the American retailer.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : June 21, 2016
The Shenzhen-based technology company is leading a consortium to buy an 84.3 percent stake in game developer Supercell from Japan's SoftBank and the game maker's employees. The deal, Tencent's largest-ever acquisition, values Supercell at $10.2 billion.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : June 17, 2016
Some general counsel in Silicon Valley question the need for the recent wave of salary hikes for associates at leading California firms.
Rebecca Cohen and Scott Graham : The Recorder : June 17, 2016
Morrison & Foerester has reaped the rewards of a two-year summer program for students interested in IP and the firm's big tech clients.
Andrew Denney : New York Law Journal : June 16, 2016
Plaintiffs in a class action suit against New York's court system claiming that long delays and backlogs in Bronx Criminal Court are violating their rights lack standing to bring the suit because there are currently no pending charges against them, a government attorney said on Wednesday.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : June 13, 2016
Corporate lawyer Kenji Taneda advises on initial public offerings and mergers and acquisitions.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : June 13, 2016
In the second installment of a two-part article, we look at partner compensation at Chinese law firms. In recent years, many firms have overhauled their compensation systems, trying to balance growth with integration.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 13, 2016
Former eBay general counsel Michael Jacobson returns to Cooley in Silicon Valley; a Kirkland & Ellis seeks a shave; Greenberg Traurig grows in Israel; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Rebecca Cohen : The Recorder : June 10, 2016
It took several days for news of Cravath's associate salary hikes to cause California's largest firms to act.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : June 08, 2016
Here's one good reason why we should elect our judges: it's a way to get rid of Santa Clara County Superior Court Judge Aaron Persky.
: The National Law Journal : June 06, 2016
We recognize 15 law firms that set the bar in intellectual property law in 2015, scoring big wins for clients.
Karen Sloan : The National Law Journal : June 06, 2016
Morrison & Foerster's intellectual property team was in uncharted legal waters when client Sandoz Inc. asked it to defend the biotech company against a patent infringement suit brought by Amgen Inc. in 2014.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : June 02, 2016
With $9 billion on the line, Google Inc. never lost faith in its lawyers at Keker & Van Nest.
: Texas Lawyer : June 01, 2016
Round Rock-based Dell's pending acquisition of computer storage company EMC for an estimated $67 billion tops the list of the 10 biggest Texas deals announced in 2015.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : June 01, 2016
Los Angeles, New York and Washington, D.C., were hot markets for lateral litigators in May, with firms including Boies, Schiller & Flexner; Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan; Morrison & Foerster; and Bracewell coming out on top. Here are The Lit Daily's picks for the most notable litigator moves in May.
: The Recorder : May 31, 2016
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : May 27, 2016
The company and its new first chair, Peter Bicks, seemed to have all the momentum going into the re-trial.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : May 19, 2016
In dispute over agriculture IP, two former UC-Davis scientists are suing over a lucrative strawberry breeding program.
: New Jersey Law Journal : May 18, 2016
Taxpayer Not Entitled to Exception from Interest Add-Back Requirement
Ed Silverstein : Legaltech News : May 18, 2016
The panel will discuss the how up and coming innovations will revolutionize and level the playing field for client services
Ian Lopez : Legaltech News : May 16, 2016
A CREATe.org whitepaper provides an overview of international cybersecurity regulation and methods for security on the threat landscape.
Ed Silverstein : Legaltech News : May 16, 2016
When reviewing data such as that collected by the FTC, it can help establish trends and can launch law enforcement investigations.
Frances Ivens : The Am Law Daily : May 15, 2016
Research into recent recruitment trends by international firms in London has found that they brought in over 20 percent more partners in 2015 than the year before, with total partner numbers climbing by 6 percent across the group year-on-year.
Nancy Gertner : New York Law Journal : May 13, 2016
Where there is no realistic or meaningful opportunity to demand a trial—in a system where a person may wait over three years for a trial on a low-level misdemeanor and lose a job in the process—the constitutional underpinnings of plea-bargaining collapse. It is a punishment system, not a trial system.