- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Philadelphia
- Head Count: 1,338
- Gross Revenues: $1,317,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $985,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,610,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius is a Philadelphia-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius has 1363 attorneys and is the 16th largest firm in the United States. With $1,291,000,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 12th on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius ranked as the 16th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, DE, FL, IL, MA, MN, NJ, NY, PA, TX and VA.
In the News
Lizzy McLellan : The Legal Intelligencer : April 28, 2015
One more Pennsylvania-based firm, Fox Rothschild, has joined the Am Law 100 after a year of significant revenue growth helped it to jump 10 spots in the rankings. The firm grew its revenue more than 10 percent to $331.5 million, making it one of 17 firms in the country to experience double-digit growth.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : April 27, 2015
Partner Melinda Riechert will lead Facebook's defense.
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : April 27, 2015
It was a year of solid gains for The Am Law 100, especially for a burgeoning group of top firms.
: The National Law Journal : April 27, 2015
Cases recently filed in the Washington-area district courts.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 26, 2015
The head of McKenna Long & Aldridge's national tax group leaves ahead of a merger with global legal giant Dentons; Arnold & Porter and Cozen O'Connor both make bulk hires from smaller firms; a Jones Day bankruptcy baron returns; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 24, 2015
Steven Browne of Morgan, Lewis & Bockius is named Dealmaker of the Week for his role advising Raytheon Co. in its $1.9 billion acquisition of cybersecurity company Websense. Browne was managing partner at Bingham McCutchen until the firm was absorbed into Morgan Lewis earlier this year.
Johan T. Widjaja : The Legal Intelligencer : April 23, 2015
There is a danger lurking in the dark within your firm. Nobody is monitoring this danger, and it is multiplying rampantly. Not only is this danger increasing rapidly, the number of different places where this danger is hiding is also spreading.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : April 23, 2015
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 23, 2015
Big Pharma leads the list of billion-dollar deals this week with a $40 billion, unsolicited bid made by Israel's Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. for fellow generic-drug maker Mylan N.V.
: The National Law Journal : April 20, 2015
The U.S. Supreme Court's three female justices came together in Washington on April 15 to pay tribute to retired Justice Sandra Day O'Connor and her legacy in the law, her work with women judges and her push to improve civic education. Plus more in this week's column.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : April 20, 2015
The former Bingham McCutchen Tokyo managing partner discusses his move to Anderson Mori & Tomotsune and why he didn't follow his former colleagues to Morgan, Lewis & Bockius.
Max Mitchell : The Legal Intelligencer : April 20, 2015
A natural-gas exploration company does not have standing to appeal a trial court's order compelling it to disclose proprietary ingredients of chemicals used on a drill site, the state Superior Court has ruled.
: The Recorder : April 17, 2015
Plus, Big Law pay and a win for MoFo.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : April 17, 2015
The company seems to be consolidating high-stakes cases with Gibson Dunn.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : April 17, 2015
Both companies spread out their work and demand loyalty, which can wall out would-be laterals.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : April 16, 2015
Wenseng Pan was most recently a counsel at O'Melveny & Myers advising on mergers and acquisitions.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : April 16, 2015
The two firms are divvying up the task of advising Google on antitrust claims leveled at the technology giant this week by the European Union.
: The National Law Journal : April 15, 2015
The National Law Journal presents 75 of the most accomplished female attorneys working in the legal profession today.
: The Legal Intelligencer : April 15, 2015
Michael D. Homans, a shareholder in the labor and employment practice group at Flaster Greenberg, was selected by the Pennsylvania Bar Institute to participate as a panelist at the "Understanding Damages and Indemnities in Commercial Contracts" seminar.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 14, 2015
Duane Morris and McKool Smith saw a pair of oenophiles pull up stakes for new endeavors; Kirkland & Ellis adds one litigator and loses two more; Paul Hastings bolsters its banking group in London; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Julie Kay : Daily Business Review : April 14, 2015
K&L Gates partner Elisa D'Amico is named Attorney of the Year by the Daily Business Review, recognizing her work against revenge porn.
Mike Scarcella : Legal Times : April 14, 2015
Former Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick, whose name came up for U.S. attorney general, is joining the investment firm Bain Capital. Uber picks up a Gibson Dunn team. The feds are sued for information about the SG's apology in 2011 about mistakes in high-court Indian law cases. This is a roundup of legal news from ALM and other publications.
Gina Passarella : The Legal Intelligencer : April 14, 2015
The associate compensation landscape in Pennsylvania is slowly evolving and, in the wake of Dechert's local salary bump, could see more changes as a number of law firms say they are evaluating their compensation programs.
Lisa Hoffman : The National Law Journal : April 13, 2015
Guidant Financial Group Inc. counts on outside tax attorney Brian McManus to steer the company and its clients away from some of the potential perils of "ROBS," a financing method that has nothing to do with stickups.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : April 13, 2015
A month after losing its argument that drivers are contractors, not employers, the ride-hailing company has hired a team from Gibson Dunn that includes Theodore Boutrous Jr.
: The National Law Journal : April 13, 2015
Laterals and new arrivals in this week's column.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 11, 2015
J. Christopher Groobey spent 25 years in Big Law before heading for the high seas; Fried Frank makes more litigation hires; Latham & Watkins lures three from Sidley Austin; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Saranac Hale Spencer : The Legal Intelligencer : April 10, 2015
A dispute among brothers who are in the precious-metals business together has called on a federal judge to sort out where the privilege with their three lawyers falls.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : April 10, 2015
Businesses want a consistent and clear standard, says Morgan Lewis' Reece Hirsch, but the federal government probably won't be able to deliver one any time soon.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : April 09, 2015
Min-tze Lean was most recently a director at the former Stamford Law Corp.