- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 614
- Gross Revenues: $761,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,240,000
- Profits Per Partner: $2,745,000
- Year Over Year Change: 1
Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy has 614 attorneys and is the 66th largest firm in the United States. With $761,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 40th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy ranked as the 49th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC and NY.
In the News
: New York Law Journal : August 25, 2015
Among other announcements, commercial banking attorney Christopher Palmer has been named managing partner of Garden City-based Cullen and Dykman.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 25, 2015
K&L Gates offsets a series of partner departures with hires in Dallas and Asia; Ashurst brings back a private equity pro from Skadden; Boies Schiller bags one from Cravath; a McKenna Long founder decamps; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The National Law Journal : August 24, 2015
Lateral moves, new arrivals and distinctions in this week's column.
MP McQueen : The American Lawyer : August 24, 2015
Most respondents said they were billing more and commanding higher rates.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : August 18, 2015
In the the latest example of U.S. firms with merit-based compensation systems poaching from their lockstep Magic Circle rivals, Latham & Watkins has hired another partner in Germany from Clifford Chance.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : August 17, 2015
Erick Robinson most recently worked as Qualcomm's director of intellectual property in India.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : August 13, 2015
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
: The National Law Journal : August 10, 2015
The firms around him have merged, failed and moved, but celebrity trial lawyer William "Billy" Martin hasn't changed his practice. Plus more in this week's column.
Mike Sacks : Legal Times : August 04, 2015
A bipartisan group of senior administration officials, including high-ranking Justice Department lawyers, is urging the Supreme Court to take up a prosecutorial misconduct case. A federal court on Monday struck down Idaho's prohibition on undercover videos of factory farms. And Glenn Gerstell, formerly the managing partner of the Washington office of Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy, was sworn in Monday as general counsel to the National Security Agency. This is a news roundup from ALM and other publications.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 04, 2015
Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy brings on a Jones Day M&A duo in New York, as the firm watched two others head for the door; Morrison & Foerster adds a pair from Crowell & Moring; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 03, 2015
Bankruptcy filings might be down 12 percent over the past year, according to a recent report released by the Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts, but Jones Day has landed key roles on two new notable filings on the business bankruptcy docket.
: Corporate Counsel : August 01, 2015
Angela Neville : Texas Lawyer : July 30, 2015
As part of the country's initiative to provide natural gas supplies to fuel its electric power plants in Northern Mexico, it is launching the La Laguna Pipeline project. The proposed pipeline will stretch for 465 kilometers (289 miles) between El Encino in the state of Chihuahua and La Laguna in Durango, and connect a pair of CFE power plants.
: The Recorder : July 29, 2015
Jim Schroeder : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
Paul Hastings keeps its top spot in The American Lawyer's latest survey of the best of the best in Big Law.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 27, 2015
Baker & McKenzie opens a back-office outpost in Northern Ireland while making a high-profile addition in London; a bevy of moves at Buchanan Ingersoll; Stroock raids Squire Patton Boggs; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Kim Kleman, editor-in-chief : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
The overall scores in our yearly A-List survey keep rising. But even among A-Listers, there's room to improve.
Jim Schroeder : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
Who's Up, who's down, and how so many of the same A-List winners keep managing to come back for more.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 20, 2015
The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Co. has tapped Weil, Gotshal & Manges restructuring partner Ray Schrock—one of The American Lawyer's Star Lateral hires of 2014—to handle its second bankruptcy case in five years.
Chris Johnson : The Am Law Daily : July 14, 2015
Greenberg Traurig is to launch in Germany later this year, picking up the Berlin office of U.K.-based Olswang, the U.S. firm announced Tuesday.
: The National Law Journal : July 13, 2015
New arrivals and lateral moves in this week's column.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 12, 2015
A Kirkland & Ellis corporate partner heads to a Silicon Valley sports analytics startup; Epstein Becker & Green snags some epic eyebrows; Morgan Lewis lands a structured transactions trio in London; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : July 01, 2015
As the gateway to Southeast Asia, Singapore continues to be a hot spot for global law firms. To thrive in such a competitive legal market, firms need to be smart about where they invest their resources.
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : June 29, 2015
Mark Hamblett : New York Law Journal : June 25, 2015
A federal judge has given final approval to a settlement designed to improve access to government services for some 30,000 low-income New York City residents with disabilities.
Anita Abedian : The Litigation Daily : June 19, 2015
Bayer raised multiple objections to the fees of Dow's lawyers at Orrick, including overstaffing claims, but the judge noted that Bayer had the same number of attorneys working for it.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 18, 2015
Nearly a dozen billion-dollar deals were announced over the past week, ranging from homebuilders and retail buys to the privatization of a U.S.-listed Chinese technology company. At the same time, Am Law 100 firms had to look no further than the active pharmaceutical arena to add a few notable M&A engagements to their transactional ledger.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 11, 2015
With the NLJ 350 inspiring law firms to size up their competitors this week, we took a look at the Am Law 200 firms that saw their legal ranks fluctuate the most through the first six months of 2015.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 10, 2015
Arnold Gulkowitz, who joined Dickstein Shapiro in 2007 and went on to head its bankruptcy and creditors' rights group, has left the struggling firm's New York office to start his own restructuring boutique, called Gulkowitz Berger.
Gina Passarella : The Legal Intelligencer : June 05, 2015
Richard Silfen has left his role as general counsel at the embattled American Realty Capital Properties to rejoin his former firm, Duane Morris.