- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 649
- Gross Revenues: $771,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,190,000
- Profits Per Partner: $2,765,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2016 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy has 649 attorneys and is the 61st largest firm in the United States. With $771,000,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 40th on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2015 Global 100 survey, Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy ranked as the 49th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC and NY.
In the News
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 11, 2016
Jones Day recruits two new partners on opposite coasts after a top restructuring duo departs; Milbank makes a rare lateral hire; Paul Hastings makes some high-profile additions; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
MP McQueen : The American Lawyer : July 07, 2016
Law libraries are phasing out print collections and reinventing themselves as sources of competitive intelligence and analytics.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : July 04, 2016
After managing the patent system for the UN, James Pooley goes back to Big Law to help clients with trade secret cases.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : July 01, 2016
A team from Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale and Dorr led by partners Randall Lee and Heather Tewksbury beat back claims this week from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on behalf of two former executives of failed New Mexico mortgage lender Thornburg Mortgage Inc.
Rebecca Geiger : Focus Europe : July 01, 2016
The law firms with roles in the largest recent M&A deals across Europe.
Chris Johnson : The Am Law Daily : June 21, 2016
The Big Four accounting firms are continuing to invest heavily in their legal services arms, expanding their presence in the Americas even as their footprint grows in the United Kingdom.
Rose Walker : Legal Week : June 20, 2016
The Magic Circle firm joins the ongoing U.S. associate pay war, announcing pay rise for first-year U.S. associates to $180,000
Anna Zhang and Frances Ivens : The Asian Lawyer : June 20, 2016
While Global firms race to match Cravath's new associate salary scale in New York and the rest of the U.S., they are more cautious when it comes to increasing salaries in Asia.
Frances Ivens and Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : June 14, 2016
Milbank, Kirkland, Simpson Thacher, Paul Weiss, Weil and Davis Polk have confirmed associates pay increase will include those based in Asia.
Rebecca Cohen : The Recorder : June 10, 2016
It took several days for news of Cravath's associate salary hikes to cause California's largest firms to act.
Sue Reisinger : Corporate Counsel : June 07, 2016
When it comes to the struggle over control of Viacom Inc., there is one thing nearly all experts agree on: General counsel Michael Fricklas is in a tough position that no one else envies.
MP McQueen and Susan Beck : The Am Law Daily : June 07, 2016
At least four large New York firms have moved quickly to match the new base pay scale for associates set Monday by Cravath, Swaine & Moore. And some consultants say more big firms will follow suit.
Susan Beck : The American Lawyer : May 31, 2016
Inside the clubby world of the trusts and estates bar, which is making a resurgence at some firms.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : May 26, 2016
Just in time for Memorial Day, four Am Law 100 firms sought to stoke and celebrate their transactional expertise by advising on an $8.4 billion combination of two leading real estate investment trusts.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 25, 2016
Silicon Valley stalwart Fenwick & West is poised to set up shop in the Big Apple; Boies Schiller brings on two more litigators; Ropes & Gray grabs another private equity pro in London; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
MP McQueen : The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
Herrick Feinstein is the latest large firm seeking to save money by hiring an outside provider to handle library services.
Amanda Bronstad : The National Law Journal : May 23, 2016
Miami-based Berger Singerman has its toes in all of Florida's waters, wading through key business disputes, bankruptcies and real estate deals.
: The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
David Ruiz : The Recorder : May 05, 2016
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : May 02, 2016
Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy, a firm that has spent the last 150 years in downtown Manhattan, will relocate its headquarters to the Hudson Yards development in 2018.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 29, 2016
It's the end of an era. Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy is poised to leave New York City's financial district for midtown Manhattan, a departure that moves the Wall Street firm from the historic home of a banking icon to a new development on the West Side.
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
Mixed signals in the financial sector and the end of recession-related litigation held profits down in New York.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : April 21, 2016
In his role as U.S. general counsel to Germany's Fidor Bank, Edward Stadum conducted an external audit of Kraken, a leading bitcoin exchange. Stadum clearly liked what he saw because he's now joining the company as its general counsel.
: The Am Law Daily : April 20, 2016
Before The American Lawyer's complete annual Am Law 100 report is released on April 25, take a peek at preliminary reporting on law firm financials from The Am Law Daily and its regional affiliates.
Celia Ampel : Daily Business Review : April 19, 2016
The legal team prepared Southern Air Holdings for a $110 million sale to Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 17, 2016
After a slow start to 2016, capital markets in the U.S. are finally warming up with a bevy of high-profile public listings for a pair of big casino companies, as well as an electronic exchange operator, all of whom are sending millions in legal fees to Am Law 100 coffers.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 12, 2016
Proskauer Rose stayed in growth mode last year, posting slight gains in gross revenue, profits per partner and revenue per lawyer.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : April 11, 2016
Four McDermott Will & Emery partners are leaving for White & Case, including the leader of McDermott's white-collar practice.