- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 614
- Gross Revenues: $761,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,240,000
- Profits Per Partner: $2,745,000
- Year Over Year Change: 1
Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy has 614 attorneys and is the 66th largest firm in the United States. With $761,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 40th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy ranked as the 48th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC and NY.
In the News
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : October 04, 2015
U.S. firms have adopted ambitious growth strategies in Germany, shaking up that country's lateral market.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : October 01, 2015
Boston-based Greene & Hafer partners up with Sullivan & Worcester; Greenberg Traurig grows in Texas; Paul Weiss welcomes a “Rising Star”; Skadden snags a new Paris tax head; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Melissa Hoffmann : New York Law Journal : September 30, 2015
The Office of the Appellate Defender will host the 22nd annual First Monday in October fundraising event on Oct. 5 at the NYU School of Law. Caitlin Halligan of Gibson Dunn and Gary Naftalis of Kramer Levin will present arguments based on 'Evenwel v. Abbott', a voting rights case pending in the U.S. Supreme Court.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : The American Lawyer : September 28, 2015
Bell / NFL v. CRTC; Re Nortel Networks Corp.; Dunkin' Brands Canada Ltd. v. Bertico
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : September 24, 2015
The global legal giant has brought on a team of lawyers from British firm Bird & Bird in the German city, the latest in a series of local mass lateral hires by Am Law 100 firms.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : September 22, 2015
After a few months of partner losses, K&L Gates has been on a hiring spree in September, but some firm lawyers continue to find new homes; Morgan Lewis lands a former NLRB member; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : September 14, 2015
And Orange County, California, ranks as the best place to work, according to The American Lawyer's 2015 Summer Associate satisfaction survey.
: The National Law Journal : September 14, 2015
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Richard Acello : The National Law Journal : September 07, 2015
"The key thing is to understand the business and the industry you're in — that's how you show your value."
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : September 07, 2015
We spoke to twenty veteran lawyers in Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Singapore about their secrets for keeping Asian clients happy. What they told us will surprise you.
: The Recorder : August 31, 2015
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
: New York Law Journal : August 25, 2015
Among other announcements, commercial banking attorney Christopher Palmer has been named managing partner of Garden City-based Cullen and Dykman.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 25, 2015
K&L Gates offsets a series of partner departures with hires in Dallas and Asia; Ashurst brings back a private equity pro from Skadden; Boies Schiller bags one from Cravath; a McKenna Long founder decamps; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The National Law Journal : August 24, 2015
Lateral moves, new arrivals and distinctions in this week's column.
MP McQueen : The American Lawyer : August 24, 2015
Most respondents said they were billing more and commanding higher rates.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : August 18, 2015
In the the latest example of U.S. firms with merit-based compensation systems poaching from their lockstep Magic Circle rivals, Latham & Watkins has hired another partner in Germany from Clifford Chance.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : August 17, 2015
Erick Robinson most recently worked as Qualcomm's director of intellectual property in India.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : August 13, 2015
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
: The National Law Journal : August 10, 2015
The firms around him have merged, failed and moved, but celebrity trial lawyer William "Billy" Martin hasn't changed his practice. Plus more in this week's column.
Mike Sacks : Legal Times : August 04, 2015
A bipartisan group of senior administration officials, including high-ranking Justice Department lawyers, is urging the Supreme Court to take up a prosecutorial misconduct case. A federal court on Monday struck down Idaho's prohibition on undercover videos of factory farms. And Glenn Gerstell, formerly the managing partner of the Washington office of Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy, was sworn in Monday as general counsel to the National Security Agency. This is a news roundup from ALM and other publications.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 04, 2015
Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy brings on a Jones Day M&A duo in New York, as the firm watched two others head for the door; Morrison & Foerster adds a pair from Crowell & Moring; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 03, 2015
Bankruptcy filings might be down 12 percent over the past year, according to a recent report released by the Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts, but Jones Day has landed key roles on two new notable filings on the business bankruptcy docket.
: Corporate Counsel : August 01, 2015
Angela Neville : Texas Lawyer : July 30, 2015
As part of the country's initiative to provide natural gas supplies to fuel its electric power plants in Northern Mexico, it is launching the La Laguna Pipeline project. The proposed pipeline will stretch for 465 kilometers (289 miles) between El Encino in the state of Chihuahua and La Laguna in Durango, and connect a pair of CFE power plants.
: The Recorder : July 29, 2015
Jim Schroeder : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
Paul Hastings keeps its top spot in The American Lawyer's latest survey of the best of the best in Big Law.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 27, 2015
Baker & McKenzie opens a back-office outpost in Northern Ireland while making a high-profile addition in London; a bevy of moves at Buchanan Ingersoll; Stroock raids Squire Patton Boggs; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Kim Kleman, editor-in-chief : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
The overall scores in our yearly A-List survey keep rising. But even among A-Listers, there's room to improve.
Jim Schroeder : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
Who's Up, who's down, and how so many of the same A-List winners keep managing to come back for more.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 20, 2015
The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Co. has tapped Weil, Gotshal & Manges restructuring partner Ray Schrock—one of The American Lawyer's Star Lateral hires of 2014—to handle its second bankruptcy case in five years.