- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Atlanta
- Head Count: 454
- Gross Revenues: $305,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $670,000
- Profits Per Partner: $825,000
- Year Over Year Change: N/A
McKenna Long & Aldridge is a Washington-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, McKenna Long & Aldridge has 454 attorneys and is the 98th largest firm in the United States. With $305,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 107th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, NY, PA, TX and VA.
In the News
Staff : The National Law Journal : May 02, 2016
Retired Justice John Paul Stevens recalls his clashes with the late Justice Antonin Scalia. Dentons doubles down on demanding payment from ex-McKenna partners. And Rosemary Collyer is named the new presiding judge of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court.
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : April 22, 2016
For the second time, Dentons has told partners who joined it through the McKenna Long & Aldridge merger last year that they owe for a $2 million accounting error.
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : April 18, 2016
Jenner & Block waved goodbye to the bulk of its government-contracts and procurement practice this week, when eight partners in Washington and Northern Virginia announced they would join Morrison & Foerster.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 11, 2016
Holland & Knight keeps hiring; Kirkland picks up one from Paul Weiss; Proskauer Rose reels in some heavy-hitters; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : March 28, 2016
Wiley Rein's food and drug leader decamps for DLA Piper; Mayer Brown recruits a key Verizon in-house lawyer; Skadden hires from a high-profile boutique; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : March 08, 2016
Seyfarth Shaw made some big hires last week, adding a four-lawyer group of labor lawyers from national labor and employment firm Littler, and a corporate partner, Tom Schramkowski, from Troutman Sanders.
Susan Beck : The Am Law Daily : March 03, 2016
Still buoyed by its work for Bernie Madoff victims, the firm posted strong financial gains across the board in 2015, with profits rising nearly 15 percent.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : February 25, 2016
Alston & Bird reported a strong year in 2015 with big gains in revenue and profit.
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : February 25, 2016
Dentons thinks its merger last summer with McKenna Long & Aldridge came up $2 million short on its books. So the global firm is asking a smaller predecessor firm's former equity partners to pay back. According to letters sent to individual lawyers this month, Dentons believes Luce, Forward, Hamilton & Scripps wrongly distributed $1.9 million to the bygone California firm's almost 50 equity partners.
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : February 10, 2016
Covington & Burling's partnership has become accustomed to the rebuilding year. Although revenue has grown for six straight years, profits have gone down, then up, then down again in the past three years. In 2015, the firm experienced 5 percent growth in gross revenue, to $742.5 million. It was a $33.5 million increase from the year before. Revenue per lawyer was up 2 percent, to $935,000. Yet profits per partner sunk four percent, to $1,275,000, or a $60,000 decrease from 2014, the firm told The National Law Journal this month.
Brian Baxter and Christine Simmons : The Am Law Daily : February 01, 2016
The latest Dickstein Shapiro defectors are hired by Holland & Knight; Jones Day adds an IP trio; Kirkland & Ellis recruits a senior SEC official; Latham & Watkins lands a high-profile lateral in Germany; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : January 22, 2016
Baker & Hostetler has named Joann Gallagher Jones the new managing partner for its Atlanta office, succeeding Chris Arena.
Vivia Chen : The Careerist : January 20, 2016
New study finds that difficult interviews yield higher employee satisfaction.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : January 06, 2016
A look back, and ahead, from legal consultancy Altman Weil.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : December 30, 2015
Armstrong Teasdale, Bryan Cave, Husch Blackwell, Lathrop & Gage, Polsinelli and Stinson Leonard Street—a half-dozen Am Law 200 firms with Missouri roots—are hiring for the holidays.
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : December 26, 2015
With sustained and modest fiscal stability across the legal industry last year, 2015 created a clean palette for many of D.C.'s largest law firms. Some redesigned their Washington-focused practices like lobbying and white-collar law, many added or lost groups of lawyers, and a few considered or closed on mergers. We look at the 10 top trends and business decisions that created buzz in Washington Big Law this year, from Dentons to Dennis Hastert.
Katelyn Polantz : The American Lawyer : November 30, 2015
What Big Law earns from lobbying—and from less traditional public policy work.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : November 30, 2015
Dentons' drive to become the preeminent global legal giant continued after Thanksgiving as the 7,300-lawyer firm announced agreements to absorb full-service shops in Colombia and Mexico into its growing Swiss verein network.
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : November 30, 2015
A handful of law firm leaders with Washington roots have dug deeper this year, claiming that no matter how frequently mergers creep across the industry, their law firms won't join other firms.
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : November 30, 2015
Dentons has sent a clear message: Bigger is better. But the latest deals across Asia also raise questions about its aggressive growth strategy.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : November 25, 2015
The global legal giant inked its fifth major tie-up of 2015 by agreeing to absorb 34-lawyer Luxembourg firm OPF Partners into its Swiss verein on Jan. 1, 2016.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : November 24, 2015
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : November 24, 2015
Katheryn Hayes Tucker : Daily Report : November 23, 2015
Missed opportunities could be the No. 1 marketing mistake, according to lawyer-career coach Debby Stone.
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : November 10, 2015
Cristina Carvalho, a Brazilian-born copyright and intellectual property lawyer, will become Arent Fox's next managing partner, the firm plans to announce this week. Although she's based in Washington, and the firm has no foreign offices, the promotion of Carvalho, educated in Rio de Janeiro, reflects Arent Fox's focus on international law and clients. "I think there are a lot of opportunities for people like me at Arent Fox. I'm one of many," Carvalho, 52, told The National Law Journal in an interview Monday.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : November 06, 2015
The U.S. Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics unveiled its latest jobs report Friday morning. Employment in legal services is up along with the rest of the economy.