- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Designation: Atlanta
- Head Count: 518
- Gross Revenues: $341,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $660,000
- Profits Per Partner: $900,000
- Year Over Year Change: -3
McKenna Long & Aldridge is an Atlanta-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, McKenna Long & Aldridge has 518 attorneys and is the 82nd largest firm in the United States. With $341,000,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 90th on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, London, NY, PA and TX.
In the News
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : September 16, 2014
Greenberg Traurig has recruited real estate partner Christina Rogers from McKenna Long & Aldridge to build a real estate practice for its Atlanta office. Rogers joined Greenberg as a shareholder on Sept. 8.
J. Randolph Evans and Shari L. Klevens : New Jersey Law Journal : September 11, 2014
Two experts analyze the "unfinished business" issue. It arises when attorneys leave existing law firms and join new law firms, taking business and clients with them.
Kathleen Baydala Joyner : Daily Report : September 10, 2014
The State Bar of Georgia has backed out of a plan to purchase a $5 million parking garage near its downtown headquarters.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : September 10, 2014
An August fundraiser at family law firm Warner, Bates, McGough, McGinnis & Portnoy raised $15,950 to train volunteer guardians ad litem to represent children in contested child custody hearings in Fulton County Superior Court.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : September 09, 2014
The IP litigation exodus from Kirkland & Ellis continued this week as partners William Devitt and Matthew Hertko decamped for Jones Day in Chicago. The Am Law Daily has a look at those moves and more in our latest roundup of notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The National Law Journal : September 08, 2014
Cases recently filed in the Washington-area district courts.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Law Technology News : September 03, 2014
Disney has filed for patents employing drone technology in the Magic Kingdom.
Tony Mauro : Supreme Court Brief : September 03, 2014
The recent settlement of the long-running legal dispute over modernization of the U.S. Supreme Court building included a pledge by the government not to give the contractor any negative ratings.
: The National Law Journal : September 01, 2014
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Susan Beck : The Am Law Daily : August 30, 2014
The city's proposed plan to emerge from the biggest municipal bankruptcy is fraught with complexities. Among the issues to be argued by several Am Law firms during the six-week trial, which begins Tuesday, is whether securities holders insured by Syncora Guarantee Inc. are getting their fair share.
Susan Beck : The Am Law Daily : August 30, 2014
The city's proposed plan to emerge from bankruptcy is fraught with complexities. Among the issues to be argued by several Am Law firms during the six-week trial, which begins Tuesday, is whether securities holders insured by Syncora Guarantee Inc. are getting their fair share.
: New York Law Journal : August 28, 2014
Steptoe & Johnson, Hiscock & Barclay and Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center are among the firms and organizations announcing new hires.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 19, 2014
Ashurst and Squire Patton Boggs, two growing global legal giants that have recently gone the merger route, both reshuffled overseas alliances this week as the latter saw 23 lawyers in the Middle East decamp en masse, while the former was busy raiding two Am Law 100 rivals. The Am Law Daily looks at those developments and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : August 19, 2014
Simon Bloom has become the chairman of the board of the Georgia Department of Community Affairs. Bloom, a partner in Bloom Sugarman Everett, called the agency the state's "unsung heroes of economic development" and said he'd like to raise its profile.
Mary Helen Martin : Daily Report : August 18, 2014
Not long into her legal career, Sloane Perras recalls a situation in which she failed to meet the expectations of an "extremely demanding" partner. Aware he was unhappy, she immediately developed a plan to address his concerns—even before he asked.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 15, 2014
Two more Bingham McCutchen partners depart in Washington, D.C., Jones Day loses two in the Midwest, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett hires in New York and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Law Technology News : August 13, 2014
Greg Land : Daily Report : August 13, 2014
Rapper, Viacom reach deal with family of man whose body was shown on MTV's 'T.I.'s Road to Redemption'
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 12, 2014
Dechert, LeClairRyan, Lowenstein Sandler and Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman all announced plans for new offices within the past week, in our latest look at notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : August 12, 2014
Longtime Atlanta lawyers Charles McKnight and Allan Tanenbaum joined Taylor English Duma last week.
: The Recorder : August 11, 2014
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
Tony Mauro : The National Law Journal : August 11, 2014
Documents filed recently in lower courts indicate that a contentious seven-year dispute over mistakes and delays in the renovation project at the high court has been settled.
Andrew Ramonas : The National Law Journal : August 11, 2014
The Obama administration is poised to rescind at least a portion of a White House rule that bars lobbyists from serving on agency committees and boards, likely ending a court fight over the First Amendment.
Alexandra Wilson : The Am Law Daily : August 08, 2014
Pepper Hamilton partner heads to the NYPD; Weil, Gotshal & Manges snags prominent bankruptcy partner from Kirkland & Ellis; and Shook, Hardy & Bacon brings aboard Gavel Babble columnist in our latest roundup of lateral moves in The Am Law 200.
Tony Mauro : Supreme Court Brief : August 06, 2014
The curious case of the trapezoidal windows at the U.S. Supreme Court is closed. Documents filed recently in lower courts indicate that a contentious seven-year dispute over mistakes and delays in the renovation project at the high court has been settled.
Kathleen Baydala Joyner : Daily Report : August 06, 2014
If recently leaked campaign strategy memos are to be believed, U.S. Senate candidate Michelle Nunn is looking to Georgia lawyers as a pillar of her bid for Congress.
: The National Law Journal : August 04, 2014
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Jenna Greene : The National Law Journal : August 04, 2014
The U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit has laid out a new standard for commercial speech, one that gives the government more leeway to force companies to disclose information about their products.
: The Recorder : August 04, 2014
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : July 30, 2014
Family lawyers Rebecca Hoelting and Sarah McCormack are acting on a long-held ambition and opening their own firm, Hoelting & McCormack, on Aug. 1.