- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Morristown, N.J.
- Head Count: 260
- Gross Revenues: $120,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $460,000
- Profits Per Partner: $970,000
- Year Over Year Change: 1
McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, is a Newark-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, has 260 attorneys and is the 168th largest firm in the United States. With $120,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 180th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in CO, CT, DE, MA, NJ, NY and PA.
In the News
Megan Spicer : The Connecticut Law Tribune : September 02, 2015
For more than a decade, catchy phrases would come to Dan Klau. Oftentimes, he'd reach for a scrap of paper or his cellphone to write down the ideas before he forgot. Other times, the potential song lyrics would stay with him for weeks, months or even years.
Michael Booth : New Jersey Law Journal : September 01, 2015
Rutgers University police will not have to immediately surrender the files on 50 internal affairs investigations to a former police officer who is alleging in a lawsuit that he was discriminated against and fired because he is Hispanic.
Charles Toutant : New Jersey Law Journal : August 31, 2015
A New Jersey appeals court has reopened an elevator injury suit in which the plaintiff was awarded $8 million after an earlier $4 million award was reversed.
Juliette Gillespie : New Jersey Law Journal : August 27, 2015
New Jersey's Top 20 personal injury recoveries this year were, overall, much lower than last year's.
Gina Passarella : The Legal Intelligencer : August 26, 2015
The Third Circuit has once again struck down New Jersey's sports betting law, finding the state's attempt to legalize sports betting through simply repealing the ban on it still violated federal law.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : August 26, 2015
It was the legal equivalent of the Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao matchup: in one corner, the 42nd solicitor general of the United States, Theodore Olson. In the other, the 43rd SG, Paul Clement, plus a team from Skadden. Clement scored the KO before the Third Circuit, beating an attempt by the state of New Jersey to legalize sports betting.
: New Jersey Law Journal : August 25, 2015
These awards, ranging from $3.25 million down to $2.75 million, were reported by the New Jersey Law Journal between Sept. 13, 2014, and August 21, 2015.
Michelle Tuccitto Sullo : The Connecticut Law Tribune : August 21, 2015
Graphic images and other information pertaining to a 2010 crash that killed four high school students in Griswold will be sealed from public view in an ongoing civil case centering on who was driving that day.
: New Jersey Law Journal : July 24, 2015
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 20, 2015
The head of Dickstein Shapiro's insurance coverage practice leads nine other lawyers to Los Angeles-based Liner; Morgan, Lewis & Bockius hires two more partners in London; and other notable new roles from throughout The Am Law 200.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : July 17, 2015
Gov. Chris Christie's top legal advisor, Christopher Porrino, is headed back to his former firm, while a partner at another of New Jersey's largest firms is set to take his place.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : July 15, 2015
The New Jersey Supreme Court has laid to rest the notion that the state law protecting whistleblowers doesn't apply to an employee whose essential function is to act as one.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 13, 2015
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission announced a settlement Monday with mortgage banker Frank Tamayo, a cooperator in its insider trading case against former Simpson Thacher & Bartlett managing clerk and attorney Steven Metro.
Charles Toutant : New Jersey Law Journal : July 07, 2015
McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter has settled a sexual harassment and gender discrimination suit brought by a former associate, a federal judge in the Southern District of New York said in dismissing the suit.
Angela Neville : Texas Lawyer : July 06, 2015
Since April 2014, Energy Future Holdings has been embroiled in a Chapter 11 bankruptcy suit in Delaware. In a recent surprise move, Energy Future Holdings attorneys announced in the bankruptcy court that they now have an agreement with multiple creditors to hand over Oncor.
P.J. D'ANnunzio : The Legal Intelligencer : July 06, 2015
The renter and prospective owner of a Philadelphia Main Line estate destroyed by fire may move forward with her claim that the insurance company tried to keep from paying her the entire cost of rebuilding.
Charles Toutant : New Jersey Law Journal : July 02, 2015
A sexual harassment suit against McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter by a former associate may be headed for an early settlement, but the parties appear to differ on how close they are to reaching an agreement.
Robert J. Alter : Accounting and Financial Planning for Law Firm : June 29, 2015
Federal agencies have been ramping up enforcement on offshore tax evasion. For business entities with undisclosed foreign accounts and unreported income from international sources, time is of the essence to review the options available.
: New Jersey Law Journal : June 26, 2015
Thomas B. Scheffey : The Connecticut Law Tribune : June 16, 2015
A long list of unwritten rules were broken in 1978, when Gov. Ella Grasso appointed Ellen Ash Peters to the Supreme Court.
: New Jersey Law Journal : June 11, 2015
: New Jersey Law Journal : June 09, 2015
Earlier this year, the Law Journal asked the New Jersey legal community to submit nominations for our annual New Leaders of the Bar. The nominations came pouring in, dozens upon dozens of them, all demonstrating the impressive work being done by young lawyers across the state.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : June 08, 2015
Though nationwide lawyer head count was essentially flat last year, New Jersey firms still lost ground in a ranking of the most populous firms in the U.S.
: New Jersey Law Journal : June 04, 2015
Tracking summer hiring at N.J.'s largest firms.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : June 04, 2015
Summer associate hiring in New Jersey, which already plateaued once post-recession at levels far below that of the boom years, has flatlined again at an even lower level.
: New Jersey Law Journal : June 04, 2015
Calendar of events.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : June 02, 2015
Two New Jersey firms are petitioning a bankruptcy judge to revoke the pro hac vice admission of a California lawyer who they claim concealed monetary sanctions and ethics investigations in his home state when he filed his application.
: New Jersey Law Journal : May 29, 2015
Tracking revenue and census changes at New Jersey-based firms.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : May 29, 2015
Though individual performance has varied greatly, a majority of New Jersey's largest homegrown firms took steps back in gross revenue and attorney head count last fiscal year, and a few are even behind where they were five years ago.
: New Jersey Law Journal : May 29, 2015
Bar foundation to honor two jurists.