- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- Designation: Morristown, N.J.
- Head Count: 274
- Gross Revenues: $122,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $445,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,000,000
- Year Over Year Change: 1
McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, is a Newark-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, has 274 attorneys and is the 162nd largest firm in the United States. With $122,500,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 181st on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in CO, CT, DE, MA, NJ, NY and PA.
In the News
: New Jersey Law Journal : August 29, 2014
Thomas Comer, a partner with Lomurro Davison Eastman & Munoz in Freehold, N.J., has been installed as the 53rd President of the New Jersey Association for Justice.
Jay Stapleton : The Connecticut Law Tribune : August 29, 2014
For more than 40 years, the U.S. Supreme Court has made it perfectly clear that what it calls "true threats" to harm another person are not protected speech under the First Amendment.
Robert J. Alter : New Jersey Law Journal : August 28, 2014
An overview of significant tax law decisions rendered by the Supreme Court of New Jersey during its 2013-14 term.
: New Jersey Law Journal : August 25, 2014
The former athletic Director of Kean University, who claimed he was fired as retribution for reporting fund-raising violations, settled his Union County whistle-blower suit for $1.8 million.
Mary Pat Gallgher : New Jersey Law Journal : August 19, 2014
Dozens of claimants seeking to recover for injuries they allegedly suffered in a 2013 New York commuter ferry crash are battling with ferry owner SeaStreak LLC over access to the separation agreement the company signed with the ferry captain when he left his job following the accident.
C. Ian McLachlan and Dennis M. Cavanaugh : Corporate Counsel : August 18, 2014
If your company relies on mediation, there are quantitative and qualitative benchmarks to determine whether the process is being applied to your best advantage.
Charles Toutant : New Jersey Law Journal : August 15, 2014
A class action suit over allegedly unenforceable exculpatory and indemnification provisions in Public Storage lease contracts has survived a dismissal motion in Camden, N.J., federal court.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : August 13, 2014
Two firms will get to keep $290,000 in fees accrued in a string of complex employment matters after a New Jersey appeals court rejected their former client's claims that the firms had a bogus "of counsel" relationship.
David Gialanella : The Legal Intelligencer : August 08, 2014
In a case that previously ascended to the New Jersey Supreme Court and empowered clients to go after their lawyers despite having entered settlements, a state appeals court signed off on the dismissal of a legal malpractice suit against Duane Morris.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : August 04, 2014
In a case that previously ascended to the state Supreme Court and empowered clients to go after their lawyers despite having entered settlements, a New Jersey appeals court signed off on the dismissal of a legal malpractice suit against Duane Morris.
Jennifer Genova, Lisa Shuchman and Andrew Ramonas : New Jersey Law Journal : August 01, 2014
U.S. District Judge Jose Linares has granted Clairol's motion to dismiss a personal injury lawsuit lodged against it by a New Jersey salon owner and her customers, but is giving the plaintiffs through August to "correct the pleading deficiencies" in an amended complaint.
Jay Stapleton : The Connecticut Law Tribune : July 25, 2014
Some Connecticut Bar Association members are growing uncomfortable with the organization taking stands on social or political issues.
: New Jersey Law Journal : July 24, 2014
McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, Newark
: New Jersey Law Journal : July 24, 2014
Day Pitney, Parsippany
: New Jersey Law Journal : July 24, 2014
The lawyers profiled in these pages are those that represent a new wave of leadership in the New Jersey legal profession.
Charles Toutant : New Jersey Law Journal : July 24, 2014
A federal judge in Newark ruled Wednesday that the host of a public-access cable program skewering politicians can proceed with his First Amendment suit against Wayne Township, N.J., and William Paterson University, though he cannot seek monetary damages.
Christian Nolan : The Connecticut Law Tribune : July 11, 2014
In a 7-0 decision, the state Supreme Court ruled that state law allows police to release only the most basic information about an arrest while prosecution is pending.
: New Jersey Law Journal : July 11, 2014
A look at the yearly numbers behind the 's yearly Top 20, and New Jersey's biggest firms.
: New Jersey Law Journal : July 09, 2014
Lemon Law Allows Attorney Fees Arising from Optional Vehicle Protection Contracts
: New Jersey Law Journal : July 08, 2014
The 49 lawyers included on this list are those that we decided—after a rigorous evaluation process—are emblematic of a new wave of leadership in the New Jersey legal profession.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : July 03, 2014
New Jersey firms showed improvement in their dedication to volunteer work, though there's plenty of room for further gains, a recent survey of national pro bono work at large firms shows.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : July 02, 2014
New Jersey's Lemon Law authorizes attorney fee awards where a lawyer's assistance is needed to aid the buyer—even if it's dealer options that are at issue, a state appeals court said Wednesday in a suit against Hyundai.
Jennifer Genova and Gina Passarella : New Jersey Law Journal : June 27, 2014
The legal defense team for suspended Middlesex County Judge Carlia Brady wants the "authentic" voicemails of her calls to the Woodbridge Police Department.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : June 27, 2014
NALP reported that first-year associate hiring is increasing at BigLaw, but the trend has yet to manifest itself at many of New Jersey's largest firms and branches.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : June 26, 2014
Madeline Cox Arleo, who's spent 14 years as a federal magistrate judge in New Jersey, is nominated to a district court seat.
CHRISTIAN NOLAN : The Connecticut Law Tribune : June 24, 2014
More than 25 years ago, an Iowa man was lucky enough to win $3 million in his state's lottery. But that's where John Flanery's good fortune ended.
: New Jersey Law Journal : June 19, 2014
A partner and an associate each for Laddey, Clark & Ryan and Wolff & Samson, while William Matsikoudis and Derek Fanciullo join DeCotiis, FitzPatrick & Cole.
: New Jersey Law Journal : June 13, 2014
Former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin is asking a federal court to dismiss a media group's lawsuit lodged against her for adorning her social media pages with its famed photograph of firemen raising the American flag over Ground Zero.
Jamie Schuman : Supreme Court Brief : June 12, 2014
It's legal to bet on the National Basketball Association playoffs at the casinos in Las Vegas, but not at casinos in Atlantic City. New Jersey wants to change that.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : June 11, 2014
As head counts at large U.S. firms grew almost 4 percent on average, the most populous New Jersey firms were heading in the other direction.