- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Chicago
- Head Count: 981
- Gross Revenues: $891,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $910,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,580,000
- Year Over Year Change: -3
McDermott Will & Emery is a Chicago-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2016 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, McDermott Will & Emery has 981 attorneys and is the 24th largest firm in the United States. With $891,500,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 33rd on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, McDermott Will & Emeryranked as the 38th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, FL, IL, MA, NY and TX.
In the News
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 11, 2016
Jones Day recruits two new partners on opposite coasts after a top restructuring duo departs; Milbank makes a rare lateral hire; Paul Hastings makes some high-profile additions; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : July 07, 2016
Ropes & Gray patent litigation partners Hiroyuki Hagiwara and Hassen Sayeed have joined Paul Hastings in Tokyo and New York, respectively.
: New York Law Journal : July 07, 2016
The New York Law Journal announces the 2016 honorees for Lawyers Who Lead by Example in three categories: Lifetime Achievement, Public Service and Pro Bono. The attorneys will be featured in a special section and honored at a dinner on Sept. 20.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : July 05, 2016
Could a merger be next for Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft?
Rebecca Geiger : Focus Europe : July 01, 2016
The law firms with roles in the largest recent M&A deals across Europe.
: The American Lawyer : July 01, 2016
Anna Zhang : The American Lawyer : June 27, 2016
That's because foreign lawyers are barred from practicing Chinese law.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 27, 2016
Several new recruits join Reed Smith; Latham & Watkins welcomes a former Sullivan & Cromwell partner in New York; Gibson Dunn grabs one and loses another; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Nell Gluckman : The American Lawyer : June 27, 2016
Hughes Hubbard is tops for U.S. pro bono; Dechert leads the international scene.
Jennifer Henderson : Daily Business Review : June 24, 2016
When it comes to matching Cravath, Swaine & Moore's base salary bump for associates — which will see first-years earn $180,000 and eighth-years rake in $315,000 — firms with big Florida bases are a mixed bag, with the definition of "top of market" becoming increasingly nuanced.
John Council : Texas Lawyer : June 22, 2016
Affirmative action advocates applauded the U.S. Supreme Court's decision in Fisher v. University of Texas — a decision they believe that will go a long way in preserving racially diverse student bodies on college campuses across the United States.
Scott Graham : Corporate Counsel : June 20, 2016
Experienced patent litigators share their takes on , including advice for patent prosecutors and a silver lining for patent holders.
Suzanne Monyak : The National Law Journal : June 20, 2016
From white-water rafting trips to casino nights and parties, Washington's law firms are hosting a slew of social events for this year's summer associates in an effort to prepare them and court them to rejoin the firm as first-year associates after graduation.
Celia Ampel : Daily Business Review : June 17, 2016
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida Inc. agreed to expand coverage of a breakthrough cure for Hepatitis C to about 2,000 policyholders as part of a settlement negotiated by Miami lawyers.
Susan Beck : The Am Law Daily : June 16, 2016
The co-chairs of McDermott, Will & Emery surprised their partnership when they announced Monday that they'll step down at the end of this year. Insiders pointed to several potential candidates to replace them.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 16, 2016
A year after WilmerHale consolidated its London operations, one longtime partner has left for McDermott Will & Emery; Jones Day hires a trio; Shearman & Sterling snags one from Boies Schiller; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 13, 2016
Former eBay general counsel Michael Jacobson returns to Cooley in Silicon Valley; a Kirkland & Ellis seeks a shave; Greenberg Traurig grows in Israel; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
MIRIAM ROZEN : Texas Lawyer : June 09, 2016
Such original lawsuits rank as a rare breed at SCOTUS.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : June 03, 2016
Not feeling Clinton or Trump? Big Law voters may want to consider former governor Bill Weld. Now at Mintz Levin's ML Strategies, the Harvard Law School graduate recently got the call to become a vice presidential nominee on the Libertarian Party ticket.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 03, 2016
With Anheuser-Busch/InBev and SABMiller poised to create a beer industry giant, lawyers from several Am Law 200 firms have become founding members of a new nonprofit trade group for the craft beer industry.
Susan Beck : The American Lawyer : May 31, 2016
Inside the clubby world of the trusts and estates bar, which is making a resurgence at some firms.
Roy Strom : The National Law Journal : May 23, 2016
The firm's litigation practice last year won a notable series of court victories that will allow client EPR Properties to build a casino development in upstate New York.
: The National Law Journal : May 23, 2016
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
: The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 18, 2016
A half-dozen big firms shuffled practice leaders within the past week; Skadden snags a high-profile arbitration expert in Hong Kong; the founding partner of Weil's Rhode Island office departs; and other notable laterals from throughout The Am Law 200.
Ed Silverstein : Legaltech News : May 17, 2016
Before moving forward, startups should ask themselves whether they have the resources to adequately prepare their documents.
: The National Law Journal : May 16, 2016
Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates last week defended the changes the U.S. Department of Justice made to white-collar investigations last year in a speech that attempts to call the bluff of corporate law practitioners. Plus more in this week's column.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : May 15, 2016
Three months after Mylan NV once again turned to Cravath, Swaine & Moore to handle another multibillion-dollar deal, the firm is at it again for the acquisitive generic drug giant.
Meredith Hobbs and Kristen Rasmussen : Daily Report : May 13, 2016
When it comes to rainmaking, diversity can be an effective tool for getting a foot in the door, said Xerox's general counsel, Don Liu, at a panel sponsored by the Georgia Asian Pacific Bar Association before its annual gala Thursday.
Sue Reisinger : Corporate Counsel : May 12, 2016
The federal government seeks an injunction against the state; the state asks for a declaratory judgment against DOJ. So what should a general counsel in North Carolina do, listen to the state or the feds?