- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Newark
- Head Count: 373
- Gross Revenues: $219,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $590,000
- Profits Per Partner: $630,000
- Year Over Year Change: N/A
McCarter & English, is a Newark-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, McCarter & English, has 373 attorneys and is the 116th largest firm in the United States. With $219,500,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 134th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in CT, DC, DE, FL, MA, MD, NJ, NY and PA.
In the News
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : February 03, 2016
The judge overseeing the liquidation of New Jersey foreclosure firm Zucker, Goldberg & Ackerman has directed the U.S. Trustee Program to appoint a third-party investigator to the case—a measure the firm and its creditors agreed upon despite repeatedly locking horns.
: The Legal Intelligencer : February 02, 2016
Stradley Ronon Stevens & Young partner Jeffrey McFadden is set to be a panelist at the Health Care Compliance Association's Managed Care Compliance Conference Tuesday in Las Vegas.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : January 29, 2016
New Jersey firms haven't replicated the recent mass layoffs at Reed Smith, and don't appear poised to, but that doesn't mean they're not taking a hard look at expenses—including personnel.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : January 27, 2016
Paul Hastings and Kirkland & Ellis and several other big firms make key additions in Texas; Greenberg Traurig, Orrick and Sidley Austin keep hiring; Wilson Sonsini welcomes back a favorite son; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Charles Toutant : New Jersey Law Journal : January 21, 2016
Merck & Co. has filed a trademark infringement suit in federal court in Newark against a German drugmaker with a similar name and a common heritage.
: New Jersey Law Journal : January 15, 2016
Chiesa Shahinian Names Managing Member. Drinker Biddle Adds Litigation Partner.
: The Legal Intelligencer : January 15, 2016
Scott C. Oberlander joined Flaster Greenberg as an associate in its litigation department.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : January 15, 2016
After days of fighting between failing foreclosure firm Zucker, Goldberg & Ackerman and its creditors, the two sides have agreed to have an examiner appointed to the case.
: New Jersey Law Journal : January 15, 2016
Please note that calendar events must be received in writing by this office no later than TUESDAY morning, six days prior to the Monday issue in which the calendar item is to appear.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : January 13, 2016
In a bankruptcy matter that has turned out to be far from smooth, Zucker, Goldberg & Ackerman and its unsecured creditors are trading volleys over the New Jersey foreclosure firm's liquidation plan.
: The Legal Intelligencer : January 11, 2016
Brittany A. Verga joined Capehart Scatchard's health care and estate and trust administration departments in its Mount Laurel, New Jersey, office.
Michael A. Riccardi : Delaware Business Court Insider : December 30, 2015
The Supreme Court of Delaware has upheld an award of $113 million in expectation damages to a biotech company over a prospective acquirer's bad faith in merger and licensing negotiations.
CHRISTIAN NOLAN : The Connecticut Law Tribune : December 22, 2015
A well-known Connecticut employment lawyer has been chosen to become a magistrate judge in U.S. District Court in Connecticut.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : December 22, 2015
If, as the song goes, breaking up is hard to do, 2015 was a challenging year for firms that dissolved, reconstituted, saw partners part ways, or otherwise experienced change. Blockbuster mergers and acquisitions were lacking. But, as was the case elsewhere, firms were active, and high lateral mobility, an industry trait for several years, remained on full display.
: The Legal Intelligencer : December 22, 2015
A Philadelphia jury awarded $500,000 to the plaintiff in the fourth Risperdal trial to go to a verdict in the county's related mass tort.
Tom McParland : Delaware Business Court Insider : December 16, 2015
The Delaware Court of Chancery has ordered the defendants in a contract dispute to pay the plaintiffs more than $1.65 million in escrowed funds ahead of a trial set for March.
Max Mitchell : The Legal Intelligencer : December 11, 2015
A Philadelphia jury awarded $500,000 on Dec. 11 to the plaintiff in the fourth Risperdal trial to go to a verdict.
Max mitchell : The Legal Intelligencer : December 11, 2015
Altered testimony, allegedly hidden statistics and the enlarged breasts of a boy throughout his high school years were the focus of contentious closing arguments in the ongoing Risperdal trial.
: New Jersey Law Journal : November 25, 2015
Lomurro Raises $25K in Charity Golf Outing. Podvey Meanor Wins 2015 Essex County Lawyers League Softball Championship. Mignogna Receives ABA Appointment. Terranova Appointed to District Fee Arbitration Committee. Costa Speaks at Employment Practices Conference.
: The Legal Intelligencer : November 24, 2015
McNees Wallace & Nurick attorney Shawn Leppo presented "Design Patents and More," a live and simulcast seminar hosted by the Ben Franklin Venture Investment Forum.
: New Jersey Law Journal : November 24, 2015
Please send items to New Jersey Law Journal, P.O. Box 20081, Newark 07101, Attention: CALENDAR, or email@example.com.
Charles Toutant : New Jersey Law Journal : November 20, 2015
AstraZeneca is seeing red because a generic drugmaker picked purple as the color for its version of blockbuster heartburn drug Nexium. AstraZeneca obtained a temporary injunction from a federal judge in Delaware Nov. 6 barring the sale of the generic version of Nexium made by Dr. Reddy's Laboratories because it was sold in purple capsules—the same color as Nexium. Then, on Nov. 18, Dr. Reddy's brought its own suit in federal court in Trenton.
Max Mitchell : The Legal Intelligencer : November 17, 2015
At a contempt hearing Monday during a Risperdal-related trial, a Janssen Pharmaceuticals employee testified it is unlikely the company would be able to produce "any and all" documents related to a "reanalysis" of data that has become a point of contention in the litigation.
CHRISTIAN NOLAN : The Connecticut Law Tribune : November 16, 2015
: New Jersey Law Journal : November 13, 2015
Max Mitchell : The Legal Intelligencer : November 12, 2015
Convicted serial child molester Jerry Sandusky should receive a pension despite his criminal conviction, the Commonwealth Court has ruled.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : November 11, 2015
A case that called into question the tax-exempt status of hospitals has settled, with the owner and operator of Morristown Medical Center agreeing to pay the town $15.5 million.
: New Jersey Law Journal : November 06, 2015
: The Legal Intelligencer : November 04, 2015
McCarter & English added Richard F. McMenamin as special counsel in the Philadelphia office.
Tom McParland : Delaware Business Court Insider : November 04, 2015
The Delaware Court of Chancery has invalidated the resignation of a director and board chairman after determining the man was duped into resigning by material misrepresentations made to him by the company's counsel.