- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Richmond
- Head Count: 309
- Gross Revenues: $150,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $485,000
- Profits Per Partner: $400,000
- Year Over Year Change: -1
LeClairRyan is a Richmond-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, LeClairRyan has 309 attorneys and is the 144th largest firm in the United States. With $150,000,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 167th on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in CA, CO, CT, DC, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, PA, VA and WV.
In the News
: The National Law Journal : December 22, 2014
Cases recently filed in the Washington-area district courts.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : December 15, 2014
A number of firms headquartered outside Texas opened offices in the Lone Star State during 2014, spurring lateral moves.
Charles Toutant : New Jersey Law Journal : December 05, 2014
For the lawyer who has everything, is a drone the next must-have item? Unmanned aerial vehicles can take high-quality video and still pictures with unrivaled convenience and maneuverability, but using one to collect evidence comes with thorny regulatory issues.
Mary Pat Gallagher : New Jersey Law Journal : December 03, 2014
A lawsuit over a crash on the New Jersey Turnpike that killed one person and seriously injured actor-comedian Tracy Morgan has heated up amid accusations that defendant Walmart is using the criminal case against its driver to try to stall the civil case.
Lalita Clozel : The National Law Journal : November 27, 2014
T.G.I. Friday's Inc. and its parent companies are facing a class action for allegedly misleading customers on the price of drinks.
: New Jersey Law Journal : November 26, 2014
On Oct. 9, Diana Manning was installed as the president of the Trial Attorneys of New Jersey (TANJ) at the 47th annual Trial Bar Awards Banquet held at the Hyatt Regency in New Brunswick, N.J.
Charles Toutant : New Jersey Law Journal : November 19, 2014
In a suit claiming that a defective tire caused a rollover crash, a federal judge in Newark has ruled that the tire manufacturer can raise the plaintiff's failure to wear a seat belt as a defense because New Jersey law applies even though the crash occurred in Illinois.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : November 11, 2014
Latham & Watkins makes a major bid to become a Hollywood heavyweight by luring six high-profile media and entertainment partners from O'Melveny & Myers; Proskauer Rose loses three while Duane Morris adds two; Sidley Austin and Wilson Elser partners go in-house and more notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : October 22, 2014
A student's personal injury suit against Camden County College is getting a second chance after a New Jersey appeals court held that testimony about maintenance workers' typical duties in addressing snow and ice wasn't enough to prevail on summary judgment.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : October 18, 2014
Another Edwards Wildman Palmer partner departs ahead of the firm's proposed merger later this year with Locke Lord; a Bingham partner heads to the FCC; Fried Frank and Kirkland & Ellis add a pair of new partners; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
: New Jersey Law Journal : October 17, 2014
The highlights the state's up-and-coming attorneys in the Associates Class of 2014.
Nathalie Pierrepont : The Am Law Daily : October 16, 2014
Hogan Lovells and Morrison & Foerster are the latest Am Law firms to launch new practice groups focused on drones in the race to claim an early stake in the business.
: New Jersey Law Journal : October 13, 2014
Calendar of events around New Jersey for the week of October 13.
: New Jersey Law Journal : October 08, 2014
Largest Law Firms
: The National Law Journal : October 06, 2014
Cases recently filed in the Washington-area district courts.
Nathalie Pierrepont : The Am Law Daily : October 03, 2014
Legal consultancy Altman Weil's latest law firm merger report finds that the 62 law firm combinations announced in the U.S. from January through September of this year slightly outpaces last year's record for the same period.
: New Jersey Law Journal : October 02, 2014
Calendar of events for the week of October 6.
Isaac Avilucea : The Connecticut Law Tribune : September 29, 2014
Three women who worked at a Connecticut clothing warehouse claim that they endured sexual overtures from a male superior and colleagues that made their workplace environment seem more like an out-of-control fraternity house, according to a federal lawsuit filed on behalf of clients of the New Haven Legal Assistance Association.
: New Jersey Law Journal : September 26, 2014
Hanamirian, Garibian & Kranjac has opened its doors on Main Street in Moorestown, N.J., Wall Street in New York City, with in the heart of the corporate legal market in Wilmington, Del.
: New Jersey Law Journal : September 04, 2014
No Presumption of Irreparable Harm For Party Seeking Lanham Act Injunction
Mary Pat Gallagher : New Jersey Law Journal : August 26, 2014
Lanham Act plaintiffs seeking preliminary injunctive relief are not entitled to a presumption of irreparable harm, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit held Aug. 26.
: The National Law Journal : August 25, 2014
Laterals and new arrivals in this week's column.
: Texas Lawyer : August 18, 2014
Jim Moseley, who has served as a justice on the Fifth Court of Appeals, will join Gray Reed & McGraw in Dallas on Sept. 2. He will chair the firm's appellate section.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 12, 2014
Dechert, LeClairRyan, Lowenstein Sandler and Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman all announced plans for new offices within the past week, in our latest look at notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
: Texas Lawyer : August 11, 2014
Alexandra Wilson : The Am Law Daily : August 08, 2014
Pepper Hamilton partner heads to the NYPD; Weil, Gotshal & Manges snags prominent bankruptcy partner from Kirkland & Ellis; and Shook, Hardy & Bacon brings aboard Gavel Babble columnist in our latest roundup of lateral moves in The Am Law 200.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : August 04, 2014
"It's our clients, in effect, pushing us to be in Texas, as opposed to our saying, 'We want to be in Texas because you should be in Texas,'" said David Freinberg, CEO of LeClairRyan, noting that the clients have litigation needs in Texas.
: New York Law Journal : July 29, 2014
New York Mayor de Blasio on Friday announced the 16 appointees who will serve on the Mayor's Advisory Committee on the Judiciary.
Jan Wolfe : The Litigation Daily : July 29, 2014
Facing claims by both DuPont and the Justice Department that it stole secrets related to Kevlar, Kolon's lawyers say keeping the civil case on track would give prosecutors an unfair advantage.
John Caher : New York Law Journal : July 18, 2014
The appointments will give former Court of Appeals Judge Carmen Beauchamp Ciparick and former Second Department Justice Barry Cozier key roles in the selection of judges to the civil, criminal and family courts in New York City.