- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 2,060
- Gross Revenues: $2,285,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,110,000
- Profits Per Partner: $2,490,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
Latham & Watkins is a Los Angeles-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Latham & Watkins has 2060 attorneys and is the 7th largest firm in the United States. With $2,285,000,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 3rd on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Latham & Watkins ranked as the 3rd highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, IL, MA, NJ, NY, TX and VA.
In the News
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : April 17, 2015
Both companies spread out their work and demand loyalty, which can wall out would-be laterals.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 16, 2015
As hundreds of Am Law 100 lawyers work on the dissolution of General Electric's financial unit, three more big firms grab roles on Nokia's $16.6 billion acquisition of Alcatel-Lucent.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : April 16, 2015
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
: The National Law Journal : April 15, 2015
The National Law Journal presents 75 of the most accomplished female attorneys working in the legal profession today.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : April 13, 2015
Quantum Energy Partners will initially invest up to $1 billion in oil and gas entity that will be managed by Linn Energy of Houston.
: New York Law Journal : April 13, 2015
In this Special Report from the New York Law Journal, brought to you free by : "Does Use of Self-Destructing Messages Raise Spoliation Concerns?," "Nature-Based Claims and the Patent-Eligibility Landscape," "Proper Litigation Budgeting Delivers True Value to Clients" and "Handling Foreign Plaintiffs' Requests for Access to U.S. Discovery."
Lisa Hoffman : The National Law Journal : April 13, 2015
Guidant Financial Group Inc. counts on outside tax attorney Brian McManus to steer the company and its clients away from some of the potential perils of "ROBS," a financing method that has nothing to do with stickups.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 13, 2015
Cahill Gordon & Reindel officially launched an English law litigation practice in London after hiring Shearman & Sterling partner Richard Kelly. The announcement comes with a twist: U.K. regulators approved Cahill's application to become the first major U.S. firm in London to be licensed under an alternative business structure.
Katelyn Polantz : Legal Times : April 13, 2015
Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner will open an office in Seoul, the firm said on Monday. The D.C.-based intellectual property firm follows some 20 U.S. and U.K. firms that have opened in South Korea since 2012.
: The National Law Journal : April 13, 2015
The National Law Journal this week spotlights lawyers who serve as outside counsel to some of the top in-house legal teams at companies based in the Seattle area.
: The National Law Journal : April 13, 2015
DSM North America is a division of Koninklijke DSM N.V., a Dutch firm that North America president and general counsel Hugh Welsh calls "the biggest company you've never heard of."
: The Recorder : April 13, 2015
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 11, 2015
J. Christopher Groobey spent 25 years in Big Law before heading for the high seas; Fried Frank makes more litigation hires; Latham & Watkins lures three from Sidley Austin; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : April 10, 2015
The Chinese brokerage ranks as the biggest initial public offering so far this year in Asia.
Katelyn Polantz : Legal Times : April 09, 2015
This is a round-up of legal news from ALM and around the country, focused on Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, Ted Cruz, West Virginia's attorney general and the major merger law firms.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : April 08, 2015
Siding with Abbvie Inc. and its lawyers at Latham & Watkins, the Federal Circuit again rejected efforts by the Kennedy Trust for Rheumatology Research to extend a patent license for the blockbuster anti-inflammatory drug Humira.
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : April 07, 2015
In a year filled with hostile bids, the Allergan-Valeant fight had it all: strange alliances, trash talk, lawsuits and plenty of scorched earth.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : April 07, 2015
Former Schlumberger lawyer Charlotte Rutherford was supposed to help Acacia deploy its patent arsenal against the Texas oil industry. Schlumberger and its lawyers at Latham & Watkins had other ideas.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 06, 2015
With deal volume up during the first quarter, O'Melveny & Myers, Shearman & Sterling and Covington & Burling made notable additions Monday to bolster their M&A ranks in New York.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : April 06, 2015
Latham & Watkins' Gregory Garre helped convince a federal appeals court to throw out the mega-award on Monday, reversing a government victory in a roller-coaster case against UTC over fighter jet contracts.
Jenna Greene : The National Law Journal : April 06, 2015
The U.S. government paid more than $87 million to settle patent infringement suits last year — a sharp uptick after a decade of mostly negligible payments in a handful of cases.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : April 03, 2015
Leaving a law firm can be painful and protracted—and that's often by design, says Shartsis Friese partner Joel Zeldin.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : April 03, 2015
The electric car charging company was on notice it had problems with the Department of Energy before closing a $6.4 million PIPE deal, plaintiffs lawyers contend.
Katelyn Polantz : Legal Times : April 03, 2015
Although two dozen firms earned honors for their pro bono work in D.C. earlier this week, more than a few important Big Law names were missing. Is pro bono work on the decline across the city?
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 02, 2015
This week's roundup of deals worth $1 billion or more features UnitedHealth Group Inc.'s $12.8 billion acquisition of Schaumburg, Illinois-based pharmacy benefits manager Catamaran Corp. Sullivan & Cromwell, Blake, Cassels & Graydon and Squire Patton Boggs advised UnitedHealth in the transaction, while Sidley Austin and Baker & McKenzie worked on behalf of Catamaran.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : April 02, 2015
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Sue Reisinger : Corporate Counsel : April 02, 2015
Schlumberger wins ruling that pitted it against former in-house lawyer in battle for software patents.
: Corporate Counsel : April 01, 2015
Tony Mauro : Supreme Court Brief : April 01, 2015
Forcing lawyers to write shorter briefs is not the solution to the problems federal appeals court judges have with outsized filings, an advisory panel was told on Wednesday.
Bob Steinberg, Michael Morin and David Frazier : Corporate Counsel : April 01, 2015
Federal courts are increasingly deferring to the Patent Trail and Appeals Board.