- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 2,177
- Gross Revenues: $2,650,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,215,000
- Profits Per Partner: $2,905,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
Latham & Watkins is a Los Angeles-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Latham & Watkins has 2101 attorneys and is the 7th largest firm in the United States. With $2,612,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 1st on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Latham & Watkins ranked as the 1st highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, IL, MA, NJ, NY and TX.
In the News
Ross Todd : The Recorder : April 29, 2016
With mega-millions at stake, the Justice Department will try to prove that a company can have collective criminal intent.
Ricci Dipshan : Legaltech News : April 29, 2016
A roundup of blog posts and other musings from in and around the legal tech community.
Brian Baxter : The American Lawyer : April 28, 2016
The administrative office of the U.S. Courts said Thursday that bankruptcy filings fell 8.5 percent over the past year. But one sector where Chapter 11 work hasn't dried up is the energy industry, where Kirkland & Ellis and Jones Day are siphoning off new assignments.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : April 28, 2016
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 28, 2016
Abbott Labs seeks to buy St. Jude Medical for $25 billion; Sanofi makes a $9.3 billion bid for Medivation; AbbVie offers $5.8 billion for Stemcentrx; and a look at the big firms behind those proposed megadeals.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 27, 2016
The Philadelphia-based firm bolts on smaller wealth management shops in California and Florida; Jenner & Block rebuilds its government contracts group; Sidley Austin hires MoFo's ERISA head; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : April 27, 2016
K&L Gates has expanded well beyond its Pittsburgh roots. The firm says it's on the verge of greatness. Others disagree.
Ben Hancock : The Recorder : April 26, 2016
IP litigators support reform to simplify the existing state-by-state patchwork.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : April 26, 2016
Revenue and profit growth cooled at most of the largest New York law firms in 2015 after several years of rapid growth.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : April 26, 2016
At least three law firms are now working with First Republic Bank to help their associates pay down hundreds of thousands in law school debt at reduced rates. Dozens of others are working with nontraditional lenders such as SoFi to implement similar programs.
Susan Beck : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
Even of the city's most prominent native firms are reducing their lawyer numbers there.
: The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
For the second year in a row, Latham & Watkins holds the top position on our gross revenue rankings, while three new firms moved onto the Am Law 100. Twenty-seven firms posted gross revenue of $1 billion or more.
Samantha Joseph : Daily Business Review : April 25, 2016
Greenberg Traurig had about $1.3 billion in gross revenue last year, compared with Holland & Knight's $744 million and Akerman's $337 million.
Nell Gluckman : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
As New York emerges as a hot spot for entrepreneurial activity, law firms are hiring partners with expertise in representing early-stage companies.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : April 25, 2016
The Am Law 100 comes out today, and it will be eagerly scrutinized by thousands of readers who want to know who made the most money. But it's not the be-all, end-all of being a lawyer. Just ask Ronald Safer, a name partner at Riley Safer Holmes & Cancila, who got a man wrongly convicted of murder set free last week.
Susan Beck and MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : April 25, 2016
Firm leaders and industry consultants said that The American Lawyer's Am Law 100 survey mostly confirmed their expectations, and most said that they expected more of the same in 2016.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : April 25, 2016
As in years past, there are no New Jersey homegrown firms among the 100 highest-grossing in the U.S. But of list, released April 25 by Law Journal affiliate The American Lawyer, includes numerous firms with significant number of "boots on the ground" in the state.
: The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
The American Lawyer's annual report on the nation's 100 top-grossing law firms. Full financial results, in-depth analysis, firm profiles, and more.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : April 22, 2016
The list is out! And California firms outpaced their peers in a year of glacial growth.
: New York Law Journal : April 20, 2016
Four firms announce new additions, while Littler Mendelson announces new co-chairs of the firm's financial services industry group and Skadden names six new partners.
: The Am Law Daily : April 20, 2016
Before The American Lawyer's complete annual Am Law 100 report is released on April 25, take a peek at preliminary reporting on law firm financials from The Am Law Daily and its regional affiliates.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : April 19, 2016
Therium is hoping a trio of former Am Law 100 lawyers can stake its claim to the U.S. litigation finance market.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : April 19, 2016
Ahead of the publication next week of the annual Am Law 100 list, The Am Law Daily looked back at what has changed since The American Lawyer first published its rankings in 1985. The biggest difference between that year and 2016 is the size of the firms.
Tony Mauro : Supreme Court Brief : April 18, 2016
Helgi Walker, a partner at Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher, argued on the losing side of a U.S. Supreme Court decision handed down Monday, but she did not have to break the news to a forlorn client.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 18, 2016
A four-lawyer team leaves Dykema Gossett to start their own shop; Norton Rose Fulbright nabs a dealmaker who nearly died in an African plane crash; a Seyfarth Shaw practice leader joins a high-profile boutique; and other notable additions from The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 17, 2016
After a slow start to 2016, capital markets in the U.S. are finally warming up with a bevy of high-profile public listings for a pair of big casino companies, as well as an electronic exchange operator, all of whom are sending millions in legal fees to Am Law 100 coffers.
: The Recorder : April 16, 2016
The Recorder is celebrating the California lawyers who won big last year and highlighting the departments, litigators and in-house lawyers who delivered exceptional results on their clients' most critical and challenging matters.
Rebecca Cohen : The Recorder : April 15, 2016
The firm notched wins pre-trial, post-trial and on appeal.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : April 15, 2016
Hired to help take the company public, Arista's GC found himself fighting a quirky contract dispute.
Ben Hancock : The Recorder : April 15, 2016
The transportation company has been barred from pursuing lost profits in case against an executive who defected to Uber.