- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 2,177
- Gross Revenues: $2,650,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,215,000
- Profits Per Partner: $2,905,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
Latham & Watkins is a Los Angeles-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2016 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Latham & Watkins has 2178 attorneys and is the 6th largest firm in the United States. With $2,650,000,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 1st on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2015 Global 100 survey, Latham & Watkins ranked as the 1st highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, IL, MA, NJ, NY, TX and VA.
In the News
: The National Law Journal : July 11, 2016
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 11, 2016
Jones Day recruits two new partners on opposite coasts after a top restructuring duo departs; Milbank makes a rare lateral hire; Paul Hastings makes some high-profile additions; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Rebecca Cohen : The Recorder : July 08, 2016
Valley specialists like Gunderson saw head counts surge, while firms with more general practices like Latham & Watkins also saw an uptick in the state and nationally.
Anna Ward : New York Law Journal : July 06, 2016
Latham & Watkins has hired Paul Dudek, chief of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's office of international corporate finance.
: New York Law Journal : July 05, 2016
Among other moves, Jared Hershberg joined Reed Smith as a partner in its corporate and transactional advisory group, and Morgan Lewis named six of its attorneys as partners.
Anna Ward, Legal Week : The American Lawyer : July 05, 2016
Paul Dudek, chief of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission's office of international corporate finance, has joined Latham & Watkins to help the firm's global clients, particularly in Europe, access U.S. capital markets.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : July 01, 2016
Lawyers say it now may make sense to launch an offensive attack on iffy patents standing in the way of a client seeking to enter a new market.
Ben Hancock : The Recorder : July 01, 2016
A Santa Clara jury bought the company's argument that Oracle had damaged its Itanium server business.
Rebecca Geiger : Focus Europe : July 01, 2016
The law firms with roles in the largest recent M&A deals across Europe.
: The American Lawyer : July 01, 2016
Ross Todd : The Recorder : June 30, 2016
The federal judge overseeing the criminal trial of Pacific Gas & Electric Co. has granted the company's request to tell jurors that it was required under California law to pay the legal fees of its current and former employees called to testify about their work.
Rose Walker : The Am Law Daily : June 30, 2016
On the heels of the U.K.'s vote to leave the European Union, two corporate partners are leaving Latham & Watkins, including the latter's Frankfurt office leader, to open a new outpost for Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 30, 2016
A look at the Am Law 100 firms behind Lions Gate's bid to buy Starz; Apollo's latest acquisition effort; and a pair of big health care transactions.
Ben Hancock : The Recorder : June 29, 2016
The $3 billion dispute, now in a jury's hands, stems from Oracle's withdrawal of software support for the Itanium chip.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : June 29, 2016
A lawsuit claiming that the company underpaid its workers was withdrawn, but a lawyer for a former recruiter said that the dispute will continue in arbitration.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : June 29, 2016
Many of June's most notable lateral hires involved litigators exiting the Justice Department and the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York. Other significant moves featured lawyers who specialize in being adverse to the government. Thanks, Uncle Sam.
Ben Hancock : The Recorder : June 28, 2016
Battle over business data that had targeted company executives is seemingly resolved short of trial.
Jennifer Henderson, Nell Gluckman and Gina Passarella : New York Law Journal : June 28, 2016
The United Kingdom's historic vote to leave the European Union came among one of the busiest lateral hiring sprees by U.S. law firms in London, but that growth may be put to the test as clients themselves ponder exiting the market.
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : June 27, 2016
Schiff Hardin battles the controversial practice of finning.
Zoe Tillman : The National Law Journal : June 27, 2016
Miriam Rozen : Texas Lawyer : June 27, 2016
Texas Solicitor General Scott Keller, who spent his recent Mondays and Thursdays like most other Supreme Court watchers — glued to social media — reflects on his first year as Texas' top advocate before the U.S. Supreme Court, which was capped Tuesday by a defeat on abortion restrictions but was also marked by an effective victory that stopped enforcement of the Obama administration's executive actions on immigration.
Susan Beck : The Am Law Daily : June 27, 2016
Andrew Arruda, the 27-year-old founder of ROSS Intelligence, says his company's technology is already serving hundreds of lawyers.
Zachary Melvin : The American Lawyer : June 27, 2016
Simpson Thacher, Debevoise and other firms partner with a nonprofit to foster commerce in the South Bronx.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 27, 2016
Several new recruits join Reed Smith; Latham & Watkins welcomes a former Sullivan & Cromwell partner in New York; Gibson Dunn grabs one and loses another; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Nell Gluckman : The American Lawyer : June 27, 2016
Hughes Hubbard is tops for U.S. pro bono; Dechert leads the international scene.
Tom McParland : Delaware Business Court Insider : June 24, 2016
Energy Transfer Equity can escape its now-unwanted merger with the Williams Companies, Vice Chancellor Sam Glasscock III ruled Friday, just ahead of a stockholder vote slated for June 27.
Frances Ivens and Rose Walker : Legal Week : June 24, 2016
Clifford Chance senior partner Malcom Sweeting and others weigh in as Brexit sends shock waves to global stock and foreign exchange markets.
BEN HANCOCK : The Connecticut Law Tribune : June 23, 2016
Reports that Silicon Valley billionaire Peter Thiel bankrolled Hulk Hogan's privacy suit against gossip news site Gawker took the legal industry by surprise. The details also provide a window into the largely self-regulated and growing world of litigation funding.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : June 21, 2016
Prime partners at lockstep firms are favored targets as the firm surfs the lateral market.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : June 21, 2016
Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical Inc., which develops treatments for raise diseases, has hired a new general counsel from Allergan, Karah Parschauer.