- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 2,100
- Gross Revenues: $2,612,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,245,000
- Profits Per Partner: $2,900,000
- Year Over Year Change: 2
Latham & Watkins is an USA-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Latham & Watkins has 2101 attorneys and is the 7th largest firm in the United States. With $2,612,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 1st on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Latham & Watkins ranked as the 1st highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, IL, MA, NJ, NY and TX.
In the News
: The National Law Journal : October 12, 2015
Laterals and new arrivals in this week's column.
Katelyn Polantz : Legal Times : October 12, 2015
Another law firm has chosen to forgo packing up and starting anew. After a three-year-long real estate search, Steptoe & Johnson LLP says it has re-signed its lease for another 15 years. It has been in the building on Connecticut Avenue near Dupont Circle for 30 years.
Sheri Qualters : The National Law Journal : October 12, 2015
When oil and gas development and production company Breitburn Energy Partners L.P. set out to buy QR Energy L.P., it couldn't rely on its primary outside counsel, Vinson & Elkins, because Houston-based Vinson represented QR in the deal.
: The Recorder : October 12, 2015
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : October 11, 2015
The world's soon-to-be-largest firm by attorney head count continues to expand; Honigman Miller hires again in Chicago; Ice Miller opens in New York; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The National Law Journal : October 09, 2015
The National Law Journal has selected these law firms in Southern California for their outstanding work since January 2014 in the areas of entertainment law, government contracts, litigation and real estate.
Andrew Denney : New York Law Journal : October 09, 2015
Brooklyn Law School Dean and President Nicholas Allard has taken a new second job as senior counsel at Dentons for the global law firm's public policy and regulation practice. He has resigned his position as a partner at Squire Patton Boggs.
The Recorder : The Recorder : October 09, 2015
See the five serial innovators, five incubating institutions, and ten innovative ideas recognized by Recorder editors.
Jeff Storey : New York Law Journal : October 09, 2015
Cynthia Arato and Alexandra Shapiro left partnerships at Gibson Dunn and Latham & Watkins respectively to launch their own litigation boutique in January 2009, a seemingly "risky proposition" in the best of times and particularly daunting during the financial crisis. But "for us, the time was right," they say.
Mark Hamblett : New York Law Journal : October 09, 2015
Southern District Judge Colleen McMahon said the First Amendment right of free speech requires the MTA to permit advertisements for a documentary about Muslim comedians on buses and in subway cars, regardless of its new policy to avoid controversy and litigation over political ads.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : October 08, 2015
In a $2 billion patent battle with roots as old as the lawyers who fought it, Cherny and O'Quinn can finally claim a final victory.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : October 08, 2015
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : October 08, 2015
Anheuser-Busch InBev has sidled up with Sullivan & Cromwell in its ongoing effort to merge with alcoholic beverage industry rival SABMiller.
Tony Mauro : Supreme Court Brief : October 07, 2015
Next time you use the word habeas—as in habeas corpus, the great writ—don’t use italics. The Latin word has become so common in English usage that it doesn’t need slanted letters, according to the latest edition of the U.S. Solicitor General’s style manual.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : October 07, 2015
Cooley, Debevoise, Dentons, Fenwick, Gibson Dunn, Greenberg Traurig, Kirkland and Latham are advising clients in the increasingly lucrative—and still mostly unregulated—world of daily fantasy sports.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : October 06, 2015
The Obama administration nominates a K&L Gates litigator to clean up the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs; Pillsbury brings on a bitcoin expert; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : October 05, 2015
Private-equity lawyer comes from Latham.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : October 05, 2015
The Los Angeles-based firm has recruited former Goldman Sachs executive director and senior in-house counsel Yilong Du.
Chris Johnson : The Am Law Daily : October 05, 2015
Littler Mendelson has established its first presence outside the Americas following a merger with German labor and employment law boutique Vangard, the firm announced Monday.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : October 04, 2015
Another practice leader leaves Kaye Scholer; Blank Rome bags a handful of new hires; Day Pitney poaches a five-partner real estate team; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : October 04, 2015
U.S. firms have adopted ambitious growth strategies in Germany, shaking up that country's lateral market.
: New Jersey Law Journal : October 02, 2015
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : October 02, 2015
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld represents Houston-based Sanchez Energy Corp. in sale of assets for about $345 million.
Sheri Qualters : The National Law Journal : October 02, 2015
A Boston federal judge has blocked plaintiffs suing Philip Morris USA from arguing that the company should have provided e-cigarettes to consumers as a safer alternative to tobacco cigarettes.
Patience Haggin and Cheryl Miller : The Recorder : October 02, 2015
Hillary is way out in front in the race for donors in the liberal-leaning legal community but Carly has a few friends at Wilson Sonsini.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : October 01, 2015
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Donna Terjesen : Legaltech News : October 01, 2015
Law firms are no longer able to rely upon traditional business models to continue growth.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : October 01, 2015
As 2015's third quarter comes to a close, bank-breaking, billion-dollar deals seem to be the gifts that keep on giving for M&A lawyers at Am Law 100 firms.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : October 01, 2015
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : October 01, 2015
Boston-based Greene & Hafer partners up with Sullivan & Worcester; Greenberg Traurig grows in Texas; Paul Weiss welcomes a “Rising Star”; Skadden snags a new Paris tax head; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.