- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 2,177
- Gross Revenues: $2,650,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,215,000
- Profits Per Partner: $2,905,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
Latham & Watkins is a Los Angeles-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2016 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Latham & Watkins has 2178 attorneys and is the 6th largest firm in the United States. With $2,650,000,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 1st on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Latham & Watkins ranked as the 1st highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, IL, MA, NJ, NY, TX and VA.
In the News
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : June 27, 2016
Schiff Hardin battles the controversial practice of finning.
Miriam Rozen : Texas Lawyer : June 27, 2016
Texas Solicitor General Scott Keller, who spent his recent Mondays and Thursdays like most other Supreme Court watchers — glued to social media — reflects on his first year as Texas' top advocate before the U.S. Supreme Court, which was capped Tuesday by a defeat on abortion restrictions but was also marked by an effective victory that stopped enforcement of the Obama administration's executive actions on immigration.
Zachary Melvin : The American Lawyer : June 27, 2016
Simpson Thacher, Debevoise and other firms partner with a nonprofit to foster commerce in the South Bronx.
Nell Gluckman : The American Lawyer : June 27, 2016
Hughes Hubbard is tops for U.S. pro bono; Dechert leads the international scene.
Frances Ivens and Rose Walker : Legal Week : June 24, 2016
Clifford Chance senior partner Malcom Sweeting and others weigh in as Brexit sends shock waves to global stock and foreign exchange markets.
BEN HANCOCK : The Connecticut Law Tribune : June 23, 2016
Reports that Silicon Valley billionaire Peter Thiel bankrolled Hulk Hogan's privacy suit against gossip news site Gawker took the legal industry by surprise. The details also provide a window into the largely self-regulated and growing world of litigation funding.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : June 21, 2016
Prime partners at lockstep firms are favored targets as the firm surfs the lateral market.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : June 21, 2016
Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical Inc., which develops treatments for raise diseases, has hired a new general counsel from Allergan, Karah Parschauer.
Ben Hancock : The Recorder : June 20, 2016
In the third week of trial against Hewlett Packard, Boies Schiller's William Isaacson did his best to smear a former White House economist who priced HP's damages at $3 billion.
Suzanne Monyak : The National Law Journal : June 20, 2016
From white-water rafting trips to casino nights and parties, Washington's law firms are hosting a slew of social events for this year's summer associates in an effort to prepare them and court them to rejoin the firm as first-year associates after graduation.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 20, 2016
Amid more departures, K&L Gates seeks to grow; Akin Gump and Reed Smith hire from Winston & Strawn; Fox Rothschild reels in a leading Twin Cities litigator; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Anna Zhang and Frances Ivens : The Asian Lawyer : June 20, 2016
While Global firms race to match Cravath's new associate salary scale in New York and the rest of the U.S., they are more cautious when it comes to increasing salaries in Asia.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : June 17, 2016
Defense team led by Latham & Watkins partner Steven Bauer hopes to fend off criminal charges that could cost the company more than $500 million.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : June 17, 2016
Some general counsel in Silicon Valley question the need for the recent wave of salary hikes for associates at leading California firms.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 17, 2016
From industrial chemicals to traffic cones, one of the last weeks of spring provided a plethora of transactional opportunities for dozens of Am Law 100 firms.
James Booth and Brian Baxter : New York Law Journal : June 16, 2016
A half-dozen Am Law 100 firms have landed roles on one of the year's largest technology deals, Microsoft Corp.'s proposed $26.2 billion acquisition announced Monday of LinkedIn Corp.
Joel Stashenko : New York Law Journal : June 15, 2016
Former New York Chief Judge Jonathan Lippman has been named the 2016 recipient of an award presented annually by the ABA's Judicial Division for outstanding contributions to judicial independence, justice system reform or for raising public awareness of the justice system.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : June 14, 2016
Thelton Henderson on Tuesday cleared a path for trial over the deadly 2010 San Bruno pipeline explosion.
Frances Ivens and Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : June 14, 2016
Milbank, Kirkland, Simpson Thacher, Paul Weiss, Weil and Davis Polk have confirmed associates pay increase will include those based in Asia.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : June 13, 2016
In the second installment of a two-part article, we look at partner compensation at Chinese law firms. In recent years, many firms have overhauled their compensation systems, trying to balance growth with integration.
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : June 10, 2016
Baker & McKenzie's decision to elect London managing partner Paul Rawlinson as its next global chair provides telling insight into the mindset and priorities of the firm's partnership.
: The Recorder : June 10, 2016
Plus, pay bumps for (some) associates.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : June 10, 2016
And other trial tips from Latham's Julie Holloway, who scored a big win for Nvidia.
Rebecca Cohen : The Recorder : June 10, 2016
It took several days for news of Cravath's associate salary hikes to cause California's largest firms to act.
Marcia Coyle : Supreme Court Brief : June 09, 2016
How best to describe the month of June at the U.S. Supreme Court, when the justices—and their clerks—race toward the finish line? "Chaotic and thrilling," Mayer Brown's Brian Netter, who clerked for Justice Stephen Breyer in the October 2010 term, said. At least for the law clerks.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 09, 2016
A bevy of big firms continue this week to match the new base pay scale for associates set Monday by Cravath, Swaine & Moore. Sullivan & Cromwell sought to up the ante for its most senior associates, as other firms like Latham & Watkins joined the pay raise party.
: New York Law Journal : June 07, 2016
William Reckler co-chairs the litigation and trial department for Latham & Watkins' New York office. He oversees and leads the practice's largest and most high-profile matters for both billable and pro bono clients.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : June 07, 2016
Daniel Glazer is the latest lawyer in the technology startup world to switch firms in New York.
: New York Law Journal : June 07, 2016
As a member of Latham & Watkins' white-collar defense and investigations practice and financial institutions industry group, Ben Naftalis handles internal corporate investigations, civil litigation, cybersecurity matters, and other sensitive situations that occur within the U.S. and the international community.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : June 06, 2016
The cash raised will help the Japanese company reduce debt and invest in new startups.