- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 2,177
- Gross Revenues: $2,650,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,215,000
- Profits Per Partner: $2,905,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
Latham & Watkins is a Los Angeles-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Latham & Watkins has 2101 attorneys and is the 7th largest firm in the United States. With $2,650,000,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 1st on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Latham & Watkins ranked as the 1st highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, IL, MA, NJ, NY and TX.
In the News
David Ruiz : The Recorder : May 26, 2016
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : May 26, 2016
Just in time for Memorial Day, four Am Law 100 firms sought to stoke and celebrate their transactional expertise by advising on an $8.4 billion combination of two leading real estate investment trusts.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : May 25, 2016
Lawyers at Latham & Watkins say federal prosecutors should face sanctions in a criminal case over the 2010 San Bruno pipeline explosion.
Ben Hancock : The Recorder : May 25, 2016
PayPal founder Peter Thiel's unique brand of litigation finance highlights what critics say is a troubling secrecy around private funding for lawsuits.
Zach Warren : Legaltech News : May 25, 2016
Panelists at the Stanford CodeX FutureLaw Conference separated fact from fiction, explaining how AI truly functions in today's legal world.
: New York Law Journal : May 25, 2016
Attorney General Eric Schneiderman presented the Fund for Modern Courts' 2016 John J. McCloy Memorial Award to Harlan Levy, a partner at Boies, Schiller & Flexner and former chief deputy attorney general.
: New York Law Journal : May 24, 2016
Seven firms have added new partners, and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer has appointed a new chief legal officer.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : May 24, 2016
According to a new database based on financial disclosures by Bill and Hillary Clinton, a handful of large law firms have paid nearly $2 million to the political power couple to make speeches. One talk came at a global partners' meeting for an Am Law 100 firm.
Kim Kleman : The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
Firms are helping young lawyers refinance student debt. Will other companies follow?
: The National Law Journal : May 23, 2016
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
: The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
David Ruiz : The Recorder : May 20, 2016
It completed monster pharma and chip deals while helping fund scores of emerging companies.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : May 20, 2016
Latham & Watkins represents FMC Technologies in the Houston company's pending merger with French company Technip, creating a $13 billion company.
Rebecca Cohen : The Recorder : May 20, 2016
These 10 M&A lawyers are the trusted voices of the region's tech companies.
Ben Hancock : The Recorder : May 19, 2016
Still fighting Google, Oracle is about to begin another high-stakes jury trial. Here's what you need to know.
Tony Mauro : The National Law Journal : May 19, 2016
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor is winning praise for re-energizing the movement toward mandatory pro bono for lawyers with her recent remarks on the subject, but some advocates in Big Law think the requirement poses significant challenges and won't work for everyone.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : May 19, 2016
A half-dozen big firms are advising on two key transactions in the embattled energy space, as a pair of oil field services companies and natural gas producers agree to combine.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 18, 2016
A half-dozen big firms shuffled practice leaders within the past week; Skadden snags a high-profile arbitration expert in Hong Kong; the founding partner of Weil's Rhode Island office departs; and other notable laterals from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The Recorder : May 18, 2016
Latham & Watkins has taken the top honor, followed by finalists Skadden and Wilson Sonsini.
Sue Reisinger : Corporate Counsel : May 17, 2016
These lawyers know how to mesh with the business. They also know how to take on the competition.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : May 17, 2016
Ronald Whyte, a senior judge in San Jose, plans to retire in November after 24 years on the federal bench.
Lisa Shuchman : Corporate Counsel : May 17, 2016
No, their lawyers aren't dancing to that tune. But they know the business from top to bottom, and think nothing of inviting engineers to speak their mind at hearings.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 17, 2016
The restructuring practices at the two top Am Law 100 firms are advising on two more Chapter 11 cases filed Monday by Breitburn Energy Partners LP and SandRidge Energy Inc.
Tony Mauro : Supreme Court Brief : May 16, 2016
, a new book, delves into the craft of framing, researching, writing and arguing cases on appeal at the Supreme Court and lower courts.
: The National Law Journal : May 16, 2016
Laterals and new arrivals in this week's column.
Frances Ivens : The Am Law Daily : May 15, 2016
Research into recent recruitment trends by international firms in London has found that they brought in over 20 percent more partners in 2015 than the year before, with total partner numbers climbing by 6 percent across the group year-on-year.
Ben Hancock : The Recorder : May 13, 2016
U.S. District Judge Maxine Chesney refused to block airlines from implementing policy that hikes prices for multiple-city tickets.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : May 13, 2016
U.S.-qualified Frank Sun moves over in Hong Kong.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : May 12, 2016
Latham & Watkins antitrust litigators racked up three wins in the past week, prevailing in federal court on behalf of Live Nation Entertainment Inc. and Ticketmaster; Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc.; and Blue Rhino propane gas seller Ferrellgas.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 12, 2016
The Chapter 11 filings of Linn Energy LLC and Penn Virginia Corp. brought two more big energy-related bankruptcies into a stable of cases collected by Kirkland & Ellis. The Linn case alone is the third-largest bankruptcy filed so far this year.