- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Chicago
- Head Count: 1,576
- Gross Revenues: $2,150,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,365,000
- Profits Per Partner: $3,510,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
Kirkland & Ellis is a Chicago-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Kirkland & Ellis has 1576 attorneys and is the 15th largest firm in the United States. With $2,150,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 5th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Kirkland & Ellis ranked as the 6th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, IL, NY and TX.
In the News
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 03, 2015
M&A league tables for the first half of 2015 compiled by Bloomberg and Thomson Reuters show Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom leading the pack among legal advisers, while several other Am Law 100 firms prepare to fete the Fourth of July with some insurance-related transactional work.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : July 02, 2015
Two years after Colin Stretch took over as GC, his department continues to send most legal work to three firms.
Gina Passarella : The Legal Intelligencer : July 01, 2015
The current general counsel of Kraft Foods will be leaving the company after its planned merger with H.J. Heinz Co. and her deputy GC will take over the legal functions of the combined entity, the companies said this week.
Gina Passarella : Delaware Business Court Insider : July 01, 2015
A group of General Motors stockholders has been denied a chance to file a derivative lawsuit over the company's ignition-switch troubles, with the Court of Chancery rejecting arguments that the board of directors was conflicted by potential personal liability for the faulty switches.
Gina Passarella : The Legal Intelligencer : July 01, 2015
The current general counsel of Kraft Foods will be leaving the company after its planned merger with H.J. Heinz Co., and her deputy GC will take over the legal functions of the combined entity, the companies said this week.
Michael D. Goldhaber : Focus Europe : July 01, 2015
The 10 biggest disputes from our 2015 survey, ranked by the amount in controversy.
Tom Brennan and Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : July 01, 2015
China National Nuclear Power IPO, 58.com/Ganji, Daiichi/Sun Pharma and more of the Asia-Pacific region's largest recent transactions.
: Corporate Counsel : July 01, 2015
David Bario : The American Lawyer : June 29, 2015
In the Teva-Mylan takeover fight, a magistrate judge advises that Kirkland's previous work for Mylan should bar it from advising Teva.
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : June 29, 2015
Scott Flaherty : The National Law Journal : June 29, 2015
After 25 years of litigation over contamination from the Rocky Flats nuclear weapons plant in Colorado, a federal appeals court has ruled that Dow Chemical Co. and Rockwell International Corp. should be on the hook for nuisance claims by neighboring property owners that combined could total hundreds of millions of dollars.
: The Recorder : June 29, 2015
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : June 29, 2015
The copyright case will return to U.S. District Judge William Alsup for a retrial on whether Google has a fair-use defense.
Susan Beck : The American Lawyer : June 29, 2015
At best, the nation's biggest and wealthiest firms donate 0.1 percent of revenue to legal aid, an institution in crisis. Isn't it time for more of them to pledge serious money?
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 28, 2015
Kirkland snags a top London tax partner but loses three others; McKenna Long & Aldridge sees more lateral movement ahead of its deal with Dentons; Shearman & Sterling opens in Saudi Arabia; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The Recorder : June 26, 2015
Plus, Fenwick's one man expansion. And a little ruling from the U.S. Supreme Court.
Charles Toutant : New Jersey Law Journal : June 26, 2015
The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit has ruled that the Supreme Court's 2013 ruling in FTC v. Actavis, which allowed antitrust suits over reverse cash payments by drug manufacturers to keep generic versions of their products off the market, also applies to non-cash settlements of such disputes.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : June 25, 2015
Over 25 years of litigation ups and downs, Davidoff has represented property owners near the Rocky Flats nuclear weapons plant in Colorado who sued Dow and Rockwell. With a dramatic win from the Tenth Circuit, Davidoff and his clients may finally get some relief.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : June 24, 2015
David Johanson, who focuses on funds that invest in the tech sector, was with Kirkland & Ellis.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : June 24, 2015
The Tenth Circuit rules for Colorado property owners in the quarter-century-old Rocky Flats litigation, dealing a blow to Dow and Rockwell and their lawyers at Kirkland & Ellis.
Tania Karas : Global Lawyer News : June 23, 2015
A new Competition Commissioner and a surge in M&A are keeping antitrust lawyers busy in the European Union's capital.
Susan Beck : The Litigation Daily : June 22, 2015
Intellectual Ventures can pursue a patent infringement case against JPMorgan, but a judge warned it that "further gamesmanship will not be tolerated."
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 18, 2015
Nearly a dozen billion-dollar deals were announced over the past week, ranging from homebuilders and retail buys to the privatization of a U.S.-listed Chinese technology company. At the same time, Am Law 100 firms had to look no further than the active pharmaceutical arena to add a few notable M&A engagements to their transactional ledger.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 17, 2015
The Magic Circle firm snags a senior Simpson Thacher & Bartlett civil litigation partner in New York; Sheppard Mullin adds a three-lawyer IP team from Pillsbury; King & Spalding opens in Tokyo; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
: New York Law Journal : June 16, 2015
"Framing [scientific] issues and focusing on telling a cohesive narrative at trial often yields satisfying results for our clients before we even reach a jury."
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : June 15, 2015
China Mobile Games has become the latest Chinese game developer to exit the Nasdaq, six weeks after Perfect World announced its own plan to delist from the U.S. exchange.
: The National Law Journal : June 15, 2015
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
: New York Law Journal : June 12, 2015
Announcements from Drinker Biddle, DLA Piper, Akin Gump, Arent Fox and Cadwalader.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : June 12, 2015
A special patent master urged a federal judge to grant summary judgment in Capital One's favor on two data security patents that Intellectual Ventures accuses the bank of infringing.
Katelyn Polantz : Legal Times : June 11, 2015
A professor looks at how Christian conservative legal organization have stepped into courtrooms, and some of former Speaker Dennis Hastert's congressional papers are made public. This is a round-up of legal news from ALM and around the country.