- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Atlanta
- Head Count: 936
- Gross Revenues: $1,018,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,090,000
- Profits Per Partner: $2,515,000
- Year Over Year Change: 2
King & Spalding is an Atlanta-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, King & Spalding has 886 attorneys and is the 34th largest firm in the United States. With $1,018,500,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 27th on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, King & Spalding ranked as the 36th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, GA, NC, NY and TX.
In the News
KRISTEN RASMUSSEN : Daily Report : May 26, 2016
Super Bowl LIII won't kick off until 2019, but the King & Spalding team worked on the game plan for nearly a year to help Atlanta clinch its bid to be the host city.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : May 25, 2016
Atlanta Bar Association president Harold Franklin passed the gavel to Jim Blitch on Tuesday at the group's annual lunch at the Piedmont Driving Club.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : May 24, 2016
M. Scott Holcomb, a six-term member of the Georgia House of Representatives (D-Atlanta), and Bryan Ward, his former colleague at Sutherland Asbill & Brennan, have formed litigation firm Holcomb + Ward.
: The National Law Journal : May 23, 2016
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 23, 2016
Steptoe & Johnson's Korea practice co-head finds a new home; a Bryan Cave practice leader joins the Kentucky Derby; a longtime Paul Weiss litigator becomes a regulator; Perkins Coie hires from Microsoft; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Greg Land : Daily Report : May 20, 2016
The race between Cobb Superior Court Judge Reuben Green and challenger Nathan Wade pits a six-year jurist with deep campaign coffers against a lightly-funded opponent who is banging away at what he claims are ethical lapses by the judge.
: Daily Report : May 19, 2016
Atlanta Firm Financials tells you who's up, who's down and everything in between.
Tony Mauro : Supreme Court Brief : May 19, 2016
By ruling in favor of awarding legal fees to a company that the government accused of widespread sexual harassment, the U.S. Supreme Court may have been sending a broader message that the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission needs to clean up its act.
Celia Ampel : Daily Business Review : May 19, 2016
A three-member legal team won the largest tobacco verdict in Palm Beach County history.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : May 19, 2016
Atlanta's largest firms prospered last year, despite the uncertain economy and continued flat demand for legal services nationally.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 18, 2016
A half-dozen big firms shuffled practice leaders within the past week; Skadden snags a high-profile arbitration expert in Hong Kong; the founding partner of Weil's Rhode Island office departs; and other notable laterals from throughout The Am Law 200.
Gabrielle Orum Hernández : Daily Report : May 17, 2016
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : May 17, 2016
Bankruptcy lawyer Mark Kaufman has joined King & Spalding as a partner from Dentons.
Tony Mauro : Supreme Court Brief : May 16, 2016
, a new book, delves into the craft of framing, researching, writing and arguing cases on appeal at the Supreme Court and lower courts.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : May 08, 2016
If Oracle's lawyers overcome Google's fair use defense, they plan to ask for nearly $9 billion in copyright damages.
: Daily Report : May 06, 2016
Reports for the Daily Report's annual firm finance coverage are coming in. Check back often to this page for the latest insights on firm revenue, net income and other metrics.
Zoe Tillman : The National Law Journal : May 04, 2016
Kerry Kircher has resigned as general counsel to the U.S. House of Representatives, according to court papers he filed Wednesday in federal cases that involve the House.
R. Robin McDonald : Daily Report : May 04, 2016
Norcross immigration attorney Bonnie Youn told a federal judge on Tuesday that she pleaded guilty to illegally helping a client circumvent federal immigration laws because she feared a jury trial amid "the current anti-immigrant political climate in a presidential election year."
Katheryn Hayes Tucker : Daily Report : May 03, 2016
The battle that led to a $150 million verdict against Fiat Chrysler Automobiles for a Jeep that exploded, killing a 4-year-old boy, will continue at the Georgia Court of Appeals in July.
Gabrielle Orum Hernández : Daily Report : May 02, 2016
Defending champion Joe Habachy's last-day push in the Georgia Legal Food Frenzy put him at the head of other Atlanta teams as online fundraising officially closed at midnight on April 29.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : May 02, 2016
U.S. Deputy Attorney General Sally Quillian Yates will deliver the keynote address at the University of Georgia School of Law's commencement ceremony on May 21 in Athens.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 02, 2016
DLA Piper bags new recruits from Skadden and Willkie Farr; Chadbourne & Parke picks up a partner with World Cup ties; Cleary Gottlieb adds an Allen & Overy practice leader; Stroock nabs a former federal judge; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : April 29, 2016
Scott Stengel is moving from UMB to Ally Financial. He's a former partner at Orrick and King & Spalding.
Gabrielle Orum Hernández : Daily Report : April 29, 2016
With just over 9 hours to go in the Georgia Legal Food Frenzy, Atlanta-area law firms and legal organizations were just over $6,000 away from hitting their regional fundraising goal of $125,000.
Gabrielle Orum Hernández : Daily Report : April 29, 2016
Law firms and legal organizations participating in the Georgia Legal Food Frenzy were only $2,000 away from helping organizers reach their Atlanta regional goal.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : April 29, 2016
The Atlanta Legal Aid Society kicked off its annual campaign with its customary spring breakfast for fundraising captains on Wednesday.
Gabrielle Orum Hernández : Daily Report : April 28, 2016
As Thursday's business day closed, Atlanta law firms and legal organizations participating in the Georgia Legal Food Frenzy had raised only 72 percent of its goal for the region, leaving a nearly $35,000 gap to fill by midnight Friday.
Gabrielle Orum Hernández : Daily Report : April 27, 2016
Atlanta participants in the Georgia Legal Food Frenzy have just two days left to raise $51,471 for regional food banks to hit the $125,000 goal set by Frenzy organizers for the area.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 27, 2016
The Philadelphia-based firm bolts on smaller wealth management shops in California and Florida; Jenner & Block rebuilds its government contracts group; Sidley Austin hires MoFo's ERISA head; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Gabrielle Orum Hernández : Daily Report : April 26, 2016
With only three days left in the Georgia Legal Food Frenzy, Atlanta-area law firms and legal organizations participating in the friendly competition have reached 50 percent of their $125,000 regional fundraising goal.