- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Atlanta
- Head Count: 886
- Gross Revenues: $934,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,055,000
- Profits Per Partner: $2,355,000
- Year Over Year Change: 2
King & Spalding is an Atlanta-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, King & Spalding has 886 attorneys and is the 34th largest firm in the United States. With $934,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 29th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, King & Spalding ranked as the 36th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, GA, NC, NY and TX.
In the News
Zoe Tillman : The National Law Journal : October 12, 2015
King & Spalding associate Ethan Davis made his high court debut on Tuesday—a rare feat for a law firm associate. Davis argued for a former Baltimore police officer charged in an extortion conspiracy. "The intensity of it was something that you can't prepare for," he said.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : October 11, 2015
The world's soon-to-be-largest firm by attorney head count continues to expand; Honigman Miller hires again in Chicago; Ice Miller opens in New York; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : October 08, 2015
K&S became the latest defense firm to trumpet its state AG expertise and its connections with top state law enforcers this week, announcing a partnership with former Wisconsin Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen.
Katheryn Hayes Tucker : Daily Report : October 08, 2015
Atlanta lawyers embraced the people of Charleston, South Carolina, on Thursday by honoring the minister and the mayor who turned hate into love after nine worshippers were killed in a church.
Mike Scarcella : Legal Times : October 07, 2015
Reflections from a King & Spalding associate on his first argument in the Supreme Court. The D.C. Circuit clears a path for U.S. District Judge Richard Leon to again rule against the feds in a suit over NSA surveillance. The jury in the Dewey & LeBouef trial is struggling to reach a verdict. And a consumer agency wants to make it easier to bring class actions against financial firms. This is a news roundup from ALM and other publications.
Zoe Tillman : Supreme Court Brief : October 06, 2015
The U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday considered how much flexibility prosecutors should have to bring charges for an extortion conspiracy when the person paying the bribe is in on the scheme.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : October 06, 2015
Alisa Cleek has joined Taylor English Duma from labor and employment boutique Elarbee, Thompson, Sapp & Wilson, where she was an equity partner.
: The Recorder : October 05, 2015
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : October 04, 2015
Another practice leader leaves Kaye Scholer; Blank Rome bags a handful of new hires; Day Pitney poaches a five-partner real estate team; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : October 01, 2015
Geoffrey Leonard comes from Ropes & Gray.
Jonathan Ringel : Daily Report : September 29, 2015
The Daily Report's editorial department is recognizing six firms in its annual Litigation Department of the Year section, which will publish on Nov. 19. The awards, which will be given at an event that evening, honor work that resulted in wins in 2014.
: The National Law Journal : September 28, 2015
Laterals and new arrivals in this week's column.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : September 25, 2015
After gorging itself on patent cases the last few years, IP lawyers figure the justices may want to push away from the table this term.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : September 25, 2015
Atlanta lawyers at four firms, King & Spalding, Alston & Bird, Jones Day and Morris Manning & Martin, advised clients on recent big deals. Two of those—King & Spalding client Belk and Alston & Bird client Premiere Global Services—are taking billion-dollar buyouts by private equity firms.
David Bario and Susan Beck : The Am Law Daily : September 23, 2015
The scope and timing of Kirkland's involvement is still unclear in a case that could rival the BP oil-spill litigation in scope—not to mention billable hours.
: The American Lawyer : September 22, 2015
The American Lawyer's Global Legal Awards in finance recognize the 10 deals that best exemplify the challenges of transnational finance practice, from capital markets offerings to capital restructurings to infrastructure projects.
: Texas Lawyer : September 18, 2015
Texas Lawyer invited the 25 firms with the largest operations in Texas to participate in our 2015 Women and Minorities Survey.
Randy Evans and Shari Klevens : New Jersey Law Journal : September 17, 2015
Asking partners to leave a firm imposes risks for both the law firm and the departing partner; there are certain steps the firm should take.
Alyson M. Palmer : Daily Report : September 17, 2015
About half of the 200-plus nominees for three new seats on the Georgia Court of Appeals completed extensive applications, leaving Gov. Nathan Deal's judicial selection advisers 110 to review.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : September 16, 2015
Suzanne Monyak : Daily Report : September 16, 2015
: Daily Report : September 16, 2015
See 270 on-the-rise lawyers over the years.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : September 15, 2015
The Atlanta-based firm faces stiff competition from U.S. rivals such as Morrison & Foerster and Simpson Thacher & Bartlett in choosing Japan as its second base in Asia.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : September 15, 2015
King & Spalding opened a Tokyo office on Friday with four partners from London-based Ashurst who handle energy and resources projects. The launch came after receiving requisite approvals from the Japanese Ministry of Justice.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : September 15, 2015
Finnegan Henderson and Kenyon & Kenyon, two top IP-focused firms, see partners peel away on both coasts; Gibson Dunn grows in London; Morgan Lewis adds an Islamic finance expert; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The National Law Journal : September 14, 2015
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : September 10, 2015
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom advised Canadian utility Emera on its acquisition of New England power assets two years ago, but this week the firm took the lead for Tampa-based Teco Energy on the Florida power generator's $10.4 billion sale to Emera.
Randy Evans and Shari Klevens : The Recorder : September 09, 2015
When asking a partner to leave the firm, mind legal, ethical and fiduciary constraints and thoroughly document the decision.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : September 08, 2015
The lawyers of King & Spalding have set out the three things in-house counsel need to know about the data localization law in Russia.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : September 08, 2015
Alston & Bird is expanding abroad, opening an office in Beijing and adding three lawyers who handle privacy and data security to its Brussels outpost.