- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 337
- Gross Revenues: $263,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $780,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,965,000
- Year Over Year Change: N/A
Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman has 337 attorneys and is the 131st largest firm in the United States. With $263,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 119th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in CA, DC, FL, GA, NJ, NY and TX.
In the News
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 27, 2016
The Philadelphia-based firm bolts on smaller wealth management shops in California and Florida; Jenner & Block rebuilds its government contracts group; Sidley Austin hires MoFo's ERISA head; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The Am Law Daily : April 20, 2016
Before The American Lawyer's complete annual Am Law 100 report is released on April 25, take a peek at preliminary reporting on law firm financials from The Am Law Daily and its regional affiliates.
Ed Silverstein : Legaltech News : April 14, 2016
One attorney says the case 'should be a lesson to insurers that bad cases make bad law.'
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : April 11, 2016
Under a contingency fee deal with the National Credit Union Administration, the firms may enjoy a hefty cut of a $5.1 billion settlement with Goldman that was announced on Monday.
Ben Bedell : New York Law Journal : April 11, 2016
The Commercial Division justice assigned to hear residential mortgage-backed securities cases issued companion rulings March 29 that limited the use of the CPLR's "savings provision" by the plaintiffs' bar to revive cases dismissed on statute of limitations grounds.
Scott Flaherty : The American Lawyer : March 28, 2016
The real estate mogul turned presidential candidate has sued or been sued myriad times. Who are his firms of choice?
: New York Law Journal : March 15, 2016
Nixon Peabody, McKool Smith, K&L Gates and Bracewell have added new attorneys, while other firms announce promotions.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : March 11, 2016
Morrison & Foerster, already battling a malpractice suit brought by an investment bank over the fraudulent public stock offering at Puda Coal, has been sued by a second bank involved in the same deal.
: New Jersey Law Journal : March 11, 2016
The Law Journal's annual yearbook on new partners, including lateral hires, in New Jersey.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : March 08, 2016
After a rebound year in 2014, New York-based Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman saw some key financial metrics slip last year, and that was before a key insurance recovery group left the firm in January.
MICHELLE TUCCITTO SULLO : The Connecticut Law Tribune : March 07, 2016
A proposal to build a third casino in Connecticut continues to attract lawsuits.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : February 10, 2016
Hughes Hubbard & Reed received $87 million for its work handling the liquidation of MF Global's broker-deal unit, and customers and creditors of the defunct commodities trader also fared well after four years of bankruptcy proceedings finally came to an end this week.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : February 09, 2016
Two leading litigation funders announced that they are hiring Big Law veterans and expanding their operations in North America.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : February 09, 2016
The firms led the way in negative and positive head count growth for the Am Law 200 over the past 14 months.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : February 05, 2016
A disciplined, multi-year hiring spree that brought in partners Douglas Lumish, Richard Frenkel and Jeffrey Homrig helped turn around a listless practice.
Brian Baxter and Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : February 04, 2016
McKool Smith, a 175-lawyer firm, is bringing on a team of lawyers from Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman led by insurance recovery leader Robin Cohen.
R. Robin McDonald : Daily Report : February 03, 2016
Two telecommunications firms sued by Georgia's former governor on behalf of Cobb and Gwinnett counties have moved to dismiss the case, according to court papers filed in federal court in Atlanta.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : February 03, 2016
DLA Piper loses three practice leaders but merges in Europe; another Dickstein Shapiro partner departs; Jones Day opens in Brisbane; Orrick unveils its Houston hires; Quinn Emanuel adds an Israel expert; and other moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter and Christine Simmons : The Am Law Daily : February 02, 2016
Robin Cohen, head of the insurance recovery group at Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman, is leading a team of lawyers leaving the firm for 175-lawyer McKool Smith.
Brian Baxter and Christine Simmons : The Am Law Daily : February 01, 2016
The latest Dickstein Shapiro defectors are hired by Holland & Knight; Jones Day adds an IP trio; Kirkland & Ellis recruits a senior SEC official; Latham & Watkins lands a high-profile lateral in Germany; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Samantha Joseph : Daily Business Review : January 14, 2016
The Fourth DCA had strong words for plaintiffs attorneys who "pushed the envelope" in a high-dollar tobacco case.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : December 29, 2015
A New York appellate court has dismissed a malicious prosecution suit filed by social networking giant Facebook Inc. against DLA Piper, Milberg and a Buffalo, New York-based firm over their representation of alleged fraudster Paul Ceglia.
Katelyn Polantz : Legal Times : December 03, 2015
Former Sen. Joe Lieberman recognized, and the billing rate for Supreme Court litigator Tom Goldstein's firm: This is a round-up of legal news from ALM and around the country.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : November 22, 2015
For the first time in a decade, Morgan Stanley tried a case to verdict in front of a real, live jury. What happened? Also, results from Alix's litigation survey; SEC head Mary Jo White gets personal; and a letter to the editor.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : November 18, 2015
Macquarie Capital wants Morrison & Foerster to share the blame for the investment bank's ill-fated entanglement with defunct Chinese company Puda Coal. But first it'll have to convince a skeptical New York judge.
: New York Law Journal : November 09, 2015
In this Special Report from the New York Law Journal, brought to you free by : "Key Considerations for Obtaining Insurance Coverage for Internal Investigations," "Before the Knock on the Door," "DOJ Issues Policy on Holding Individuals Accountable for Corporate Malfeasance" and "Cultural and Business Practices Complicate Investigations in Developing Countries."