- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 282
- Gross Revenues: $234,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $830,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,845,000
- Year Over Year Change: N/A
Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2016 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman has 282 attorneys and is the 151st largest firm in the United States. With $234,500,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 127th on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in CA, DC, FL, GA, NJ, NY and TX.
In the News
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : July 11, 2016
The largest law firms in New York showed wide disparity in attorney head count growth, and gains at some firms were outweighed by deep drops at others.
: The National Law Journal : July 04, 2016
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 20, 2016
Amid more departures, K&L Gates seeks to grow; Akin Gump and Reed Smith hire from Winston & Strawn; Fox Rothschild reels in a leading Twin Cities litigator; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Ben Bedell : New York Law Journal : June 03, 2016
Dismissal of a fraud suit brought by a prominent private equity fund against stockholders of an Israeli company was warranted, as the complaint failed to satisfy any of the three components of a fraud claim, an appellate court ruled.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : June 03, 2016
Not feeling Clinton or Trump? Big Law voters may want to consider former governor Bill Weld. Now at Mintz Levin's ML Strategies, the Harvard Law School graduate recently got the call to become a vice presidential nominee on the Libertarian Party ticket.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : June 03, 2016
Eleanor Alter, a sought-after divorce attorney representing celebrities and law firm partners alike, has left Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman with five other attorneys to form a family law boutique.
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
Overall, the firms in the bottom half of the Am Law 200 had a rougher year than their richer counterparts.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : May 19, 2016
Now that hedge fund manager Alphonse "Buddy" Fletcher's apartments at the Dakota are on the market for more than $13 million, his former attorneys at Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman soon may be paid after years of litigating against him.
Angela Neville : Texas Lawyer : May 18, 2016
Energy Future Holdings Corp. is running into strong headwinds from creditors as it tries speed up its schedule in its $42 billion Chapter 11 restructuring by seeking the court's approval of its new plan.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : May 11, 2016
After $1.2 billion in settlements and a decade of litigation that swept in antitrust lawyers from more than 50 firms (seriously, did anyone NOT work on this case?), the massive air cargo price fixing litigation is coming in for a landing.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 27, 2016
The Philadelphia-based firm bolts on smaller wealth management shops in California and Florida; Jenner & Block rebuilds its government contracts group; Sidley Austin hires MoFo's ERISA head; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The Am Law Daily : April 20, 2016
Before The American Lawyer's complete annual Am Law 100 report is released on April 25, take a peek at preliminary reporting on law firm financials from The Am Law Daily and its regional affiliates.
Ed Silverstein : Legaltech News : April 14, 2016
One attorney says the case 'should be a lesson to insurers that bad cases make bad law.'
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : April 11, 2016
Under a contingency fee deal with the National Credit Union Administration, the firms may enjoy a hefty cut of a $5.1 billion settlement with Goldman that was announced on Monday.
Ben Bedell : New York Law Journal : April 11, 2016
The Commercial Division justice assigned to hear residential mortgage-backed securities cases issued companion rulings March 29 that limited the use of the CPLR's "savings provision" by the plaintiffs' bar to revive cases dismissed on statute of limitations grounds.
Scott Flaherty : The American Lawyer : March 28, 2016
The real estate mogul turned presidential candidate has sued or been sued myriad times. Who are his firms of choice?
: New York Law Journal : March 15, 2016
Nixon Peabody, McKool Smith, K&L Gates and Bracewell have added new attorneys, while other firms announce promotions.
: New Jersey Law Journal : March 11, 2016
The Law Journal's annual yearbook on new partners, including lateral hires, in New Jersey.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : March 08, 2016
After a rebound year in 2014, New York-based Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman saw some key financial metrics slip last year, and that was before a key insurance recovery group left the firm in January.
MICHELLE TUCCITTO SULLO : The Connecticut Law Tribune : March 07, 2016
A proposal to build a third casino in Connecticut continues to attract lawsuits.