- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Washington
- Head Count: 1,952
- Gross Revenues: $1,145,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $585,000
- Profits Per Partner: $830,000
- Year Over Year Change: -4
K&L Gates is a Pittsburgh-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, K&L Gates has 1952 attorneys and is the 8th largest firm in the United States. With $1,145,500,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 21st on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, K&L Gates ranked as the 22nd highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in AK, CA, DC, DE, FL, ID, IL, MA, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TX and WA.
In the News
David Horrigan : Legaltech News : July 02, 2015
Organizations can avoid legal landmines—including e-discovery and privacy complications—as they move employees around the globe.
Max Mitchell : The Legal Intelligencer : June 30, 2015
Although there are some unresolved issues over an $18.5 million judgment against Safeway and Genuardi's Family Markets, the state Supreme Court's recent decision to deny allocatur is expected to effectively end more than 12 years of litigation in the case.
Scott Flaherty, Scott Graham and Rebekah Mintzer : The American Lawyer : June 29, 2015
Apple v. Samsung; Eon Corp. v. AT&T Mobility; ASCAP v. Pandora; Chicago v. Purdue Pharma
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 28, 2015
Kirkland snags a top London tax partner but loses three others; McKenna Long & Aldridge sees more lateral movement ahead of its deal with Dentons; Shearman & Sterling opens in Saudi Arabia; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Kim Kleman, editor-in-chief : The American Lawyer : June 23, 2015
We've uncovered some sobering statistics in our special report on women in Big Law.
Ben Bedell : New York Law Journal : June 23, 2015
Leaders of the asbestos litigation bar were peppered with questions Wednesday by an Appellate Division, First Department, panel in a case testing whether punitive damages can be argued before New York City's special asbestos court.
Zach Warren : Legaltech News : June 22, 2015
Steven Agnoli and Lucy Dillon are tasked with continuing the firm's technological focus.
: The National Law Journal : June 22, 2015
Laterals and new arrivals in this week's column.
Vivia Chen : The Careerist : June 19, 2015
Forty-four firms get WILEF's seal of approval.
Katelyn Polantz : Legal Times : June 18, 2015
FIFA chiefs have found U.S. attorneys, two cases against Silicon Valley see outcomes, plus a spotlight on Pittsburgh's legal market. This is a round-up of legal news from ALM and around the country.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 17, 2015
The Magic Circle firm snags a senior Simpson Thacher & Bartlett civil litigation partner in New York; Sheppard Mullin adds a three-lawyer IP team from Pillsbury; King & Spalding opens in Tokyo; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Shanda N. Hastings and Noam A. Kutler : Corporate Counsel : June 16, 2015
Government investigations take a variety of shapes and forms, but nearly all will include requests for the production of documents. It is important to protect sensitive customer and employee data in those materials.
Gina Passarella : The Legal Intelligencer : June 16, 2015
Attorney head count among Pennsylvania's largest firms has fluctuated in the first six months of the year from as much as a 9.3 percent increase to an 11.2 percent decline, according to a review of statistics tracked by ALM's RivalEdge.
: The National Law Journal : June 15, 2015
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
: The Recorder : June 15, 2015
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 14, 2015
Willkie Farr, Winston & Strawn and Sheppard Mullin make hires from two struggling firms with California roots; Blank Rome bolts on an IP boutique in Houston; Fried Frank loses its last partner in Asia; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : June 12, 2015
Hong Kong-based corporate lawyer Carolyn Sng will start at her new firm on Monday.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : June 10, 2015
Jol Rogers and Brihony Boan have joined the Australian firm's corporate and property teams, respectively, in Melbourne.
Gina Passarella : The Legal Intelligencer : June 10, 2015
Mergers and group departures had significant impacts on Pennsylvania firms' head count numbers—in both growth and decline—in 2014, according to data reported by Legal affiliate The National Law Journal.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 10, 2015
Ahead of its proposed combination with Dentons, more partners have left McKenna Long & Aldridge, even as the latter makes a hire of its own; Latham & Watkins lands another O'Melveny & Myers rainmaker; Nelson Mullins and Barnes & Thornburg open new offices; Delta Air Lines taps Dorsey & Whitney for a new legal chief; and more notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Ben Bedell : New York Law Journal : June 08, 2015
A Manhattan judge dismissed a shareholder derivative suit that claimed self dealing by a multi-billion-dollar real estate investment trust, holding that the defendants had "adequately disclosed to shareholders, prior to their approval" a plan to "externalize" the company's management.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : June 08, 2015
Transactions lawyer Rajiv Khanna makes the move from Seyfarth Shaw.
: The National Law Journal : June 08, 2015
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 07, 2015
Drinker Biddle & Reath adds a labor and employment partner with star power; Bryan Cave parts ways with a former senator; Greenberg Traurig grabs two former Dewey & LeBoeuf dealmakers; four firms raid Kirkland & Ellis; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
: New Jersey Law Journal : June 05, 2015
Connell Foley in Roseland brings on board veteran public finance attorney Rafael Perez.
: The Am Law Daily : June 05, 2015
At a London event, lawyers and firms are honored for excellence in transatlantic matters involving corporate, finance and litigation work, innovation, commitment to pro bono, outstanding transatlantic strategy and rising stars under 40.
Gina Passarella : The Legal Intelligencer : June 04, 2015
Only two of the 17 Pennsylvania-based law firms included in Legal affiliate The American Lawyer's rankings of firms based on minority attorneys came in above the national average of 14.4 percent and none could be found in the top 50 of the rankings.
Max Mitchell : The Legal Intelligencer : June 04, 2015
A panel of national data-security attorneys agreed at a cybersecurity conference Tuesday that data breach litigation is expanding in almost every way, and big changes are coming soon.
: New Jersey Law Journal : June 03, 2015
No Presumed Damages In Defamation Case When Actual Damages Are Proven
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 03, 2015
McDermott Will & Emery adds 17 lawyers from K&L Gates and a Chicago-based IP boutique; three firms make additions through mergers; more McKenna Long & Aldridge partners peel away ahead of the latter's deal with Dentons; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.