- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Washington
- Head Count: 1,975
- Gross Revenues: $1,159,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $585,000
- Profits Per Partner: $830,000
- Year Over Year Change: 1
K&L Gates is a Pittsburgh-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, K&L Gates has 1975 attorneys and is the 8th largest firm in the United States. With $1,159,000,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 17th on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, K&L Gates ranked as the 22nd highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in AK, CA, DC, DE, FL, ID, IL, MA, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TX and WA.
In the News
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : December 21, 2014
Locke Lord, Norton Rose Fulbright and Vinson & Elkins reshuffle some energy industry legal chairs in Houston; a K&L Gates partner with a conflict moves on; more Bingham McCutchen refugees find new homes; the federal bench lands some big-firm talent; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : December 19, 2014
With four new judges confirmed in 2014, litigators are scrambling for intel.
Nathalie Pierrepont : The Am Law Daily : December 18, 2014
Charles Holland, a former IP litigation partner with K&L Gates' Palo Alto office, has joined the Strategic Innovation IP Law Offices in Silicon Valley following a dispute with a client about a conflict.
Lizzy McLellan : The Legal Intelligencer : December 16, 2014
Five years after the U.S. Supreme Court took a marked step away from narrowing the window for collateral order appeals, Pennsylvania has continued to clear a path for addressing the orders, appellate lawyers have noticed.
Gina Passarella : The Legal Intelligencer : December 16, 2014
The collective weight of the season is upon law firm managing partners this month, with the season of course being that of collections, partner compensation and rate-setting. And the latter has proven a bit vexing for firm leaders this year as they grapple with setting rates in an era where firms span multiple markets and practice concentrations, clients aren't willing to pay the published rates and alternative fee deals are a growing part of firm revenue.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : December 16, 2014
James Schwab, head of the media and entertainment practice at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison, is poised to become president at Vice Media; a former Bingham McCutchen partner heads to the federal bench; Vorys Sater adds nine litigators in Houston; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : December 15, 2014
Brett Schuman, who led Morgan Lewis' San Francisco litigation practice, is Goodwin Procter's second IP partner in the Bay Area.
Gina Passarella : The Legal Intelligencer : December 11, 2014
In the last 10 years, there has been no movement in the percentage of women lawyers practicing in the Pennsylvania offices of the state's 100 largest law firms.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : December 11, 2014
A decade after a crackdown that was supposed to rein in research conflicts at Wall Street banks, the industry's self-regulator levied $43.5 million in penalties Thursday against 10 leading banks accused of using their research analysts to drum up investment banking business.
Aric Press : The American Lawyer : December 10, 2014
Fewer than a third of new partners at Am Law 200 firms are women. It's time for fresh approaches.
: The Legal Intelligencer : December 09, 2014
Joseph J. McGrory Jr., chairman of the municipal law department at Hamburg, Rubin, Mullin, Maxwell & Lupin, was elected to the board of directors of the Home Builders Association of Berks County.
Max Mitchell : The Legal Intelligencer : December 09, 2014
Several firm leaders referred to 2013 as a year of investment, and that characterization is borne out by the numbers, with gross revenue generally outpacing profits per equity partner (PPP) and the majority of firms seeing significant increases in head count.
Mark Gerlach : Law Technology News : December 09, 2014
Plus new hires at Complete Discovery Source, Paragon and LawBase.
: The National Law Journal : December 08, 2014
Cases recently filed in the Washington-area district courts.
: The National Law Journal : December 08, 2014
Laterals, new arrivals, and a new practice group in this week's column.
June D. Bell : The National Law Journal : December 08, 2014
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : December 05, 2014
A trio of partners from Kirkland & Ellis and Edwards Wildman Palmer sets up shop in new locales; three more firms hire Bingham McCutchen refugees; Chadbourne & Parke adds a former U.S. ambassador; Skadden brings back a top federal regulator; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Anna Zhang : The Asian Lawyer : December 04, 2014
*Skadden guides Singapore's GIC on $8.1 billion U.S. logistics acquisition*Reed Smith leads Dalian Wanda Commercial Properties $6 billion upcoming IPO*Shearman on Chinese nuclear power producer CGN Power $3.6 billion Hong Kong IPO
Joseph B.C. Kluttz : Corporate Counsel : November 26, 2014
When a company is insolvent, what does a board owe shareholders?
Gina Passarella : The Legal Intelligencer : November 25, 2014
Philadelphia became home Monday to the largest firm in the United States based on domestic-attorney head count with the addition of 510 lawyers to Morgan, Lewis & Bockius.
Jennifer Genova : New Jersey Law Journal : November 25, 2014
Introducing the New Jersey Law Journal Young Lawyers Advisory Board.
: The National Law Journal : November 24, 2014
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Carlos Harrison : Global Lawyer News : November 21, 2014
Port cities all along the East Coast are talking Post-Panamax.
Nathalie Pierrepont : The Am Law Daily : November 19, 2014
Since free trade agreements opened the country's legal market to foreign firms in 2012, some 20 U.S. and U.K. firms have planted flags in Seoul, putting pressure on legal fees and ramping up competition between foreign and local firms.
: The Recorder : November 17, 2014
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
: New Jersey Law Journal : November 14, 2014
A Jersey City, N.J., condominium association, acting on behalf of the individual owners in the 225-unit complex, will receive $15.71 million in compensation for faulty construction of their homes.
Nathalie Pierrepont : The Am Law Daily : November 14, 2014
After months of sparring, Hachette Book Group and Amazon.com agreed Thursday to let the New York-based publisher set its own prices for e-books. Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer represented Hachette, while Amazon handled the matter in-house.
: New Jersey Law Journal : November 14, 2014
A chart of 114 law firms used most frequently by 30 New Jersey companies.
: Delaware Law Weekly : November 12, 2014
Lisa R. Stark joined the Wilmington office of K&L Gates as a partner in its corporate/M&A practice.
Lisa Hoffman : The National Law Journal : November 11, 2014
A Florida federal judge has kept running a proposed class action alleging Robert Bosch LLC deceptively misrepresents that its spark plugs contain platinum.