- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 2,562
- Gross Revenues: $1,941,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $755,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,010,000
- Year Over Year Change: 0
Jones Day is a Cleveland-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2016 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Jones Day has 2562 attorneys and is the 4th largest firm in the United States. With $1,941,000,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 6th on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2015 Global 100 survey, Jones Day ranked as the 11th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MI, NY, OH, PA and TX.
In the News
Monika Gonzalez Mesa : Daily Business Review : July 11, 2016
A subsidiary of First Reserve has bought a low-sulfur gasoline facility from the Mexican state-owned petroleum company known as Pemex, and will lease it back. The deal involved $607 million in financing from lenders advised by Jones Day.
Katelyn Polantz : The Am Law Daily : July 11, 2016
Donald Trump has pledged to negotiate tough new U.S.-Chinese trade terms if he is elected president. So why not pick a running mate from the only law firm rooted in both countries?
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 11, 2016
Jones Day recruits two new partners on opposite coasts after a top restructuring duo departs; Milbank makes a rare lateral hire; Paul Hastings makes some high-profile additions; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Lizzy McLellan : Texas Lawyer : July 11, 2016
A group of attorneys from Jones Day, Gibson Dunn & Crutcher, Troutman Sanders and Balch & Bingham are representing Southern Co. in the planned acquisition from Kinder Morgan of a 50 percent equity interest in the Southern Natural Gas pipeline system.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : July 07, 2016
Those controversial deal tables are out again, with White & Case, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett, Sullivan & Cromwell and Davis Polk & Wardwell all jockeying for position as the quarterly so-called King of M&A.
Marcia Coyle : Supreme Court Brief : July 06, 2016
The University of Southern California's Adam Feldman and Alexander Kappner studied 93,000 cert petitions between 2001 and 2015 to try to glean what factors make a petition more or less likely to be granted. A firm's success "with their aggregate cert filings does not guarantee success on a per-case basis," according to the study.
Katelyn Polantz : The National Law Journal : July 06, 2016
As thousands of law graduates across the country are preparing for the test this summer, we asked prominent Washington lawyers who made it through to the other side to share their quirky rituals or behaviors that helped them succeed.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : July 06, 2016
The case, which promises to be the largest yet under the U.K.'s retooled competition law, marks the largest non-U.S. investment by Chicago-based litigation funder Gerchen Keller Capital LLC.
James Booth, Legal Week : The Am Law Daily : July 05, 2016
King & Wood Mallesons has continued to lose partners in London, with former European finance chief Jeremy Cross the latest to emerge at another firm.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : July 05, 2016
Anchorage office head Jahna Lindemuth was profiled in The Am Law Daily last year when she helped secure the release of one of the Fairbanks Four.
Richard Acello : The National Law Journal : July 04, 2016
"Watch for forks in the road that can lead you to a GC job, have your eyes open, and don't be afraid to take risks, or pay cuts."
: The National Law Journal : July 04, 2016
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Carla Vianna : Daily Business Review : July 01, 2016
A lobby bar. No offices. Lounges and cafes. Hoping to update their staid image and dodge pricey leases, South Florida's law firms are chasing a contemporary look.
John Council : Texas Lawyer : July 01, 2016
Maybe there will be no moment in the Donald Trump presidential campaign that is outrageous enough to sully the Republican Party's brand in Texas or harm its candidates' chances at the ballot box.
Rebecca Geiger : Focus Europe : July 01, 2016
The law firms with roles in the largest recent M&A deals across Europe.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : June 30, 2016
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : June 29, 2016
Many of June's most notable lateral hires involved litigators exiting the Justice Department and the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York. Other significant moves featured lawyers who specialize in being adverse to the government. Thanks, Uncle Sam.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : June 28, 2016
Goodwin Procter rolled out a new, shortened brand name on Tuesday, along with a fresh logo, an overhauled website and new digs on Boston's waterfront.
Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : June 27, 2016
Both firms have launched intensive pro bono efforts to represent women and children from Central America who face deportation.
: The National Law Journal : June 27, 2016
New arrivals and lateral moves in this week's column.
: Daily Report : June 23, 2016
As a clerk for U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts during the 2007-08 term, Jason Burnette had a front row seat to some memorable decisions: affirming an individual's right to possess a gun, providing Guantanamo detainees a right to challenge their detentions in federal court, limiting capital punishment and upholding Indiana's voter identification law.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : June 22, 2016
A former Jones Day business development and communications manager filed a complaint against the firm for gender, age and pregnancy discrimination.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : June 21, 2016
Associate salary hikes have made their way to Atlanta with the city's two largest firms increasing compensation for its associates.
: New York Law Journal : June 20, 2016
Seven firms announce new additions; Fox Rothschild announces promotions.
: New York Law Journal : June 20, 2016
The South Asian Bar Association of New York held its first public sector reception Wednesday at Jones Day, where Neena Dutta of the Dutta Law Firm was named pro bono attorney of the year for her contributions to the South Asian and Central American communities.
Marcia Coyle and Zoe Tillman : Corporate Counsel : June 20, 2016
The nation's chief law against racketeering applies to some activities outside of the United States, but private plaintiffs must claim a domestic injury, the U.S. Supreme Court on Monday ruled in a closely watched business case involving a major American cigarette and food producer.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 20, 2016
Amid more departures, K&L Gates seeks to grow; Akin Gump and Reed Smith hire from Winston & Strawn; Fox Rothschild reels in a leading Twin Cities litigator; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The Legal Intelligencer : June 20, 2016
The following attorneys were selected to receive Lifetime Achievement Awards. Read More
KRISTEN RASMUSSEN : Daily Report : June 17, 2016
Working in-house sounded fulfilling to Doug Towns. So he approached a longtime client, Guardian Pharmacy, and proposed that they hire him as the company's first GC.
Celia Ampel : Daily Business Review : June 17, 2016
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida Inc. agreed to expand coverage of a breakthrough cure for Hepatitis C to about 2,000 policyholders as part of a settlement negotiated by Miami lawyers.