- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Los Angeles
- Head Count: 159
- Gross Revenues: $247,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,555,000
- Profits Per Partner: $3,625,000
- Year Over Year Change: N/A
Irell & Manella is a Los Angeles-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Irell & Manella has 159 attorneys and is the 241st largest firm in the United States. With $200,000,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 145th on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in CA and DC.
In the News
David Ruiz : The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
Buffeted by defections, the highly profitable firm sees its gross revenue drop.
: The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
Average profits per partner for Second Hundred firms inched up 0.1 percent in 2015, to $737,470.
: The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
The Second Hundred, firms 101-200 on our list of the nation's highest-grossing firms, underperformed their larger counterparts in 2015.
: The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
Gross Revenue for the Second Hundred decreased in 2015 by an average of 3.2 percent, reversing a 2.1 percent increase in 2014. The Second Hundred's fall in average gross revenue widens the gap between it and The Am Law 100, which showed a 2.7 percent increase in average gross revenue in 2015.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : May 23, 2016
Manatt, Phelps & Phillips nearly broke through to the Am Law 100. Plus two Golden State firms made their first-ever appearances.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : May 23, 2016
Darren Robbins is one of the most successful advocates ever for injured shareholders. He spoke with The Litigation Daily about how he and his partners have built Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd, what they look for in laterals and the next big thing in complex litigation.
Jennifer Henderson : The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
Overall, the firms in the bottom half of the Am Law 200 had a rougher year than their richer counterparts.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : May 13, 2016
A team from Irell & Manella scored a win for Public Storage in a rare merger litigation case to go to trial in California.
: The Am Law Daily : April 20, 2016
Before The American Lawyer's complete annual Am Law 100 report is released on April 25, take a peek at preliminary reporting on law firm financials from The Am Law Daily and its regional affiliates.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : April 19, 2016
Keith Yandell joins the restaurant delivery startup from Uber, where he was director of litigation.
: The Recorder : April 16, 2016
The Recorder is celebrating the California lawyers who won big last year and highlighting the departments, litigators and in-house lawyers who delivered exceptional results on their clients' most critical and challenging matters.
: New Jersey Law Journal : April 12, 2016
Jersey Central Power & Light has been hit with a suit in the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey claiming its employee drug test program violates federal laws concerning persons with "shy bladder."
Scott Graham : The Recorder : April 12, 2016
Firm lawyers extracted $234 million from Apple and broke new ground on Section 101 patent eligibility.
Vanessa Blum : The Recorder : March 30, 2016
A federal judge ruled on Wednesday that plaintiffs lawyers in an antitrust class action haven't shown that Pixar's alleged 'no-poach' pacts would trigger the crime-fraud exception.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : March 24, 2016
A federal judge has ordered the company to turn over privileged communications involving Lois Scali for in-camera review.
Ben Hancock : The Recorder : March 16, 2016
Programmer Robin Antonick asked the Ninth Circuit on Wednesday to revive claims that Electronic Arts swiped his code for its popular Madden NFL series.
: The American Lawyer : March 14, 2016
The American Lawyer invites firms to send us the names of their new partners for 2016. Please send submissions to email@example.com.
and Lizzy McLellan : The Legal Intelligencer : March 11, 2016
Demand for legal services has remained tight in the past few years and consultants predicted law firms would see an average of less than 5 percent growth in revenue for 2015. But many firms have far outpaced that figure, including a number of Pennsylvania firms that had record years last year.
Susan Beck : The Am Law Daily : March 07, 2016
The firm earned $93 million—including a $70 million contingency fee—under an unusual fee arrangement approved by the Department of Justice.
Wendi S. Lazar : New York Law Journal : March 04, 2016
In her Employees in the Workplace column, Wendi S. Lazar writes: Lawyers take an oath when admitted to the bar to be the gatekeepers of the rule of law and to lead by example. We advise clients to implement policies to curb sexual harassment. Our ambivalence and at times, delinquency in this area is unacceptable, especially because we are well aware of the concrete steps as a profession we can take to eradicate sexual harassment.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : March 04, 2016
Wilson, Fenwick and Joe Conroy's Cooley see revenues and profits surge, while other California-focused firms delivered modest to healthy gains in 2015.
Staff : The American Lawyer : March 02, 2016
Rebecca Carson will focus on litigation in Newport Beach, California.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : February 29, 2016
Lit Daily sibling publication The Recorder on Monday announced its picks for litigation department of the year in 2016. Who came out on top?
: The American Lawyer : February 29, 2016
Recorder Editors : The Recorder : February 26, 2016
In addition to overall and specialty practice awards, honorees include high-impact in-house counsel.
: The Recorder : February 12, 2016
Plus, an appellate win for Quinn. And Edelson wastes no time putting S.F. office into play.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : February 11, 2016
The company will pay $28.5 million and rename its "safe ride fee."
David Ruiz : The Recorder : February 11, 2016
Managing partner Andrei Iancu noted that revenue per lawyer edged up to a new high even as the firm's top and bottom lines sagged in the wake of defections last year.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : February 09, 2016
The firms led the way in negative and positive head count growth for the Am Law 200 over the past 14 months.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : January 29, 2016
The crested macaque Naruto doesn't have standing under the Copyright Act, ruled U.S. District Judge William Orrick III.