- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Los Angeles
- Head Count: 159
- Gross Revenues: $247,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,555,000
- Profits Per Partner: $3,625,000
- Year Over Year Change: 1
Irell & Manella is a Los Angeles-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Irell & Manella has 159 attorneys and is the 241st largest firm in the United States. With $247,500,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 125th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in CA and DC.
In the News
: The National Law Journal : October 09, 2015
The National Law Journal has selected these law firms in Southern California for their outstanding work since January 2014 in the areas of entertainment law, government contracts, litigation and real estate.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : September 13, 2015
“Lucky” is a word that Morgan Chu uses often. Lucky enough as a young lawyer to be tapped to take a major patent case to trial. Lucky enough to win—again and again. But what the Irell & Manella partner doesn't say is that you also make your own luck. Because you don't get called “beyond doubt the most gifted trial lawyer in the USA” by Chambers thanks to luck. Chu spoke to the Lit Daily about his biggest cases and keys to success.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : August 30, 2015
Want to know what you can do to be invited to join the ultraprestigious American College of Trial Lawyers? The answer, according to the group's president: not much. "'Campaigning' for membership is discouraged and counterproductive." So who gets in, and why?
Scott Graham : The Recorder : August 27, 2015
Drug companies, patent law experts and trade groups warn that the Federal Circuit has gone too far in restricting patents that involve natural phenomena.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 26, 2015
David Quinto, one of the first partners at Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan until leaving the litigation powerhouse last year, is headed to Davis Wright Tremaine with Scott Commerson. The two Quinn Emanuel alums hope for referrals from their former colleagues.
MP McQueen : The American Lawyer : August 24, 2015
Most respondents said they were billing more and commanding higher rates.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : Corporate Counsel : August 10, 2015
James Berklas has been appointed senior vice president, general counsel and secretary of the aerospace company.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : July 31, 2015
Sonal Mehta is the latest to leave a legendary litigation practice that at its peak counted 120 lawyers nationwide.
The Recorder Staff : The Recorder : July 31, 2015
This year's list of 60 women includes 10 "power players" who are using their positions and achievements to advocate for women.
Jim Schroeder : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
Paul Hastings keeps its top spot in The American Lawyer's latest survey of the best of the best in Big Law.
Kim Kleman, editor-in-chief : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
The overall scores in our yearly A-List survey keep rising. But even among A-Listers, there's room to improve.
Jim Schroeder : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
Who's Up, who's down, and how so many of the same A-List winners keep managing to come back for more.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 20, 2015
The head of Dickstein Shapiro's insurance coverage practice leads nine other lawyers to Los Angeles-based Liner; Morgan, Lewis & Bockius hires two more partners in London; and other notable new roles from throughout The Am Law 200.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : July 20, 2015
Judge Jon Tigar said Uber is primarily a transportation provider, not a software company, and its texts to prospective drivers constituted recruiting messages.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : July 17, 2015
Some Bay Area firms are bracing for a wave of retirements. While for Durie Tangri's Daralyn Durie, it's never too soon to start planning.
Katelyn Polantz : Legal Times : July 17, 2015
Kirk Pasich, one of few rainmakers left at Dickstein Shapiro and a nationally known insurance litigator, will pull his practice group from the D.C.-based law firm, according to five people familiar with his plans. Pasich and nine other Dickstein lawyers will join Liner LLP, two of the people said.
Cheryl Miller : The Recorder : July 16, 2015
Former USF School of Law dean Jeffrey Brand was named a judge in San Francisco.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : July 09, 2015
U.S. District Judge Jon Tigar says some safety claims made by the ride-hailing company were more than puffery.
Vivia Chen : The Careerist : July 09, 2015
News and gossip about the private lives of Am Law partners.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : July 06, 2015
Robert Klieger is leaving behind Kendall Brill & Klieger, which he co-founded.
: The National Law Journal : July 06, 2015
A summary of the week's notable cases.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : July 06, 2015
David Gindler has been wielding recent rulings on patent eligibility in a feud over prenatal DNA testing.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : June 29, 2015
A Los Angeles judge found no breach of fiduciary duty and ordered the couple to split more than $15 million in assets.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : June 11, 2015
With the NLJ 350 inspiring law firms to size up their competitors this week, we took a look at the Am Law 200 firms that saw their legal ranks fluctuate the most through the first six months of 2015.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : June 10, 2015
Trial starts Thursday in messy split of two former Big Law attorneys.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : June 08, 2015
Entertainment litigator Marvin Putnam will join Latham & Watkins.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : June 05, 2015
In arguments pitting lawyers from Weil Gotshal and Irell & Manella, the panel wrestled with nitty-gritty questions of appealability and jurisdiction.
Marisa Kendall : The Recorder : June 01, 2015
Partner Ragesh Tangri, who previously defended Snapchat against similar claims, has also gone toe-to-toe with plaintiff Kevin Halpern.
Lisa Hoffman : The National Law Journal : June 01, 2015
Like a baseball team that stocks its bullpen with ace relievers, Irell & Manella packs power onto its intellectual property trial roster.
: The National Law Journal : June 01, 2015
This week we recognize 15 law firms that accomplish great things in the realm of intellectual property law.