- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Richmond
- Head Count: 707
- Gross Revenues: $568,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $805,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,000,000
- Year Over Year Change: -1
Hunton & Williams is a Richmond-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Hunton & Williams has 707 attorneys and is the 53rd largest firm in the United States. With $568,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 59th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Hunton & Williams ranked as the 70th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, FL, GA, NC, NY, TN, TX and VA.
In the News
: The National Law Journal : October 05, 2015
Laterals and new arrivals in this week's column.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : October 04, 2015
Another practice leader leaves Kaye Scholer; Blank Rome bags a handful of new hires; Day Pitney poaches a five-partner real estate team; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Samantha Joseph : Daily Business Review : September 24, 2015
The court rejects a Florida Bar proposal that would have allowed lawyers to accept referrals from agencies not owned by attorneys.
: Daily Report : September 23, 2015
Check out our gallery of photos from recent events for legal professionals. Represented are Miller & Martin, Hunton & Williams and Morgan Clemons.
: The American Lawyer : September 22, 2015
The American Lawyer's Global Legal Awards in finance recognize the 10 deals that best exemplify the challenges of transnational finance practice, from capital markets offerings to capital restructurings to infrastructure projects.
: Daily Business Review : September 16, 2015
Corey Lee, a partner at Hunton & Williams' Miami officel, is a leader at his firm in international data breach issues.
: Daily Report : September 16, 2015
See 270 on-the-rise lawyers over the years.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : September 15, 2015
Finnegan Henderson and Kenyon & Kenyon, two top IP-focused firms, see partners peel away on both coasts; Gibson Dunn grows in London; Morgan Lewis adds an Islamic finance expert; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Julie Kay : Daily Business Review : September 14, 2015
The law firm expands to 31 attorneys in its Miami office, adding two attorneys returning from judicial clerkships.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : September 08, 2015
Alston & Bird is expanding abroad, opening an office in Beijing and adding three lawyers who handle privacy and data security to its Brussels outpost.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : September 03, 2015
Opposing counsel in a class action against Visa and MasterCard each claim the $5.7 billion settlement was not tainted by inappropriate communications between two lawyers who they say played limited roles on opposite sides of the litigation.
Celia Ampel : Daily Business Review : September 02, 2015
Miami attorney Michael Mueller won two appellate reversals for Tyson Foods, wiping out $24 million in class action awards.
: The National Law Journal : August 31, 2015
A number of current and former NFL players, including free agent Santana Moss, attended the first week of a federal negligence trial against BB&T Bank in Miami. Plus more from NLJ.com and other ALM publications.
Charles Toutant : New Jersey Law Journal : August 27, 2015
Melvin Feliz admitted in court that he and his wife, Keila Ravelo, carried out a scheme involving phony litigation-support companies while she was with Hunton & Williams from 2005 to 2010, and continued when she worked at Willkie Farr & Gallagher from 2010 to 2014.
Scott Flaherty : The Litigation Daily : August 27, 2015
Mueller knocked out a pair of wage-and-hour class actions against Tyson Foods this week, even as he and his longtime client face an even bigger test at the U.S. Supreme Court.
Jenna Greene : The Litigation Daily : August 26, 2015
It's been a big week for lawyers at Latham & Watkins, who chalked up major wins in insurance and antitrust disputes.
Charles Toutant : New Jersey Law Journal : August 26, 2015
The husband of a former partner at two large New York law firms has admitted to his role in a scheme using phony litigation support companies to defraud the firms of more than $7 million.
Ed Silverstein : Legaltech News : August 26, 2015
Wyndham ruling "nails the coffin shut" on FTC's authority to go after companies following a cyberbreach.
Christine Simmons : The American Lawyer : August 24, 2015
A judge found that communications between a plaintiffs attorney and a Willkie partner "tainted" the deal.
Matthew P. Bosher : Corporate Counsel : August 20, 2015
The agency applies a much broader definition of "books" that seems to encompass every piece of paper and data in a company's possession.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : August 19, 2015
Law firms now have access to a platform that allows them to share data on cybersecurity threats anonymously. Several chief information officers and data security directors said they expected wide participation, although they expressed some reservations.
Frank E. Emory Jr. and Ryan G. Rich : Corporate Counsel : August 18, 2015
When not conducted carefully, internal investigations can cause more harm than good. But an organization can protect itself.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : August 05, 2015
In a stunning decision Tuesday, Eastern District Judge Nicholas Garaufis assailed "the improper and disappointing conduct" of Gary Friedman, plaintiffs counsel in credit card litigation between retailers and American Express, for talking behind the scenes with Keila Ravelo, who represented MasterCard in a separate but similar lawsuit brought by the same retailers.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 03, 2015
Bankruptcy filings might be down 12 percent over the past year, according to a recent report released by the Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts, but Jones Day has landed key roles on two new notable filings on the business bankruptcy docket.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : July 30, 2015
Dozens of retailers in a class action against American Express are urging the court to reject a proposed settlement because co-lead plaintiff counsel "has betrayed the class he purports to represent by secretly collaborating" with a former partner at Willkie Farr who represented an adversary, MasterCard.
Anita Abedian : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
The two firms, along with Greenberg Traurig and Hunton & Williams, are still fighting claims that they helped facilitate R. Allen Stanford's Ponzi scheme.
David L. Brown : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
Am Law 200 firms get the lion's share of oral argument, an analysis finds.
Gregory B. Robertson and Ryan A. Glasgow : Corporate Counsel : July 23, 2015
Lawyers describe how they helped a company defeat a "quickie" vote under the NLRB's new rules.
Michael D. Goldhaber : The Am Law Daily : July 23, 2015
The contest attracted 225 strong entries across 30 categories, and honors firms and legal departments involved in the globe's most distinguished deals, disputes and social initiatives.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : July 22, 2015
Merchants in a multibillion-dollar antitrust case against MasterCard say a plaintiffs lawyer should lose $32 million in fees for purportedly sharing confidential documents with former Willkie partner Keila Ravelo.