- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Richmond
- Head Count: 696
- Gross Revenues: $528,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $760,000
- Profits Per Partner: $950,000
- Year Over Year Change: -3
Hunton & Williams is a Richmond-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2016 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Hunton & Williams has 696 attorneys and is the 56th largest firm in the United States. With $528,000,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 62nd on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2015 Global 100 survey, Hunton & Williams ranked as the 76th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, FL, GA, NC, NY, TN, TX and VA.
In the News
Juliana Kenny : Legaltech News : July 08, 2016
The company, aimed at the midtier legal market, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hunton & Williams.
Ricci Dipshan : Legaltech News : July 08, 2016
The agreement's approval comes after final negotiations concluded on the eve of the Brexit vote.
Ed Silverstein : Legaltech News : July 01, 2016
The law could require 'operators of key information infrastructure' to maintain personal information collected and produced within China
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : June 27, 2016
New data on law firm mergers this year shows fewer international deals and a slowdown in major combinations.
Celia Ampel : Daily Business Review : June 27, 2016
Honda and BMW should turn over documents related to Takata air bag problems other than explosions, a special master recommended in a small victory for the Takata litigation plaintiffs.
: Daily Report : June 23, 2016
Serving as a peer lawyer in one of the first teen courts in the nation, Joel Feldman gained early exposure to his destined career.
R. Robin McDonald : Daily Report : June 23, 2016
W. Ray Persons, a senior litigation partner at King & Spalding, says he developed the persuasive powers integral to his career by selling encyclopedias door to door while working his way through college.
: Daily Report : June 23, 2016
Beach, who grew up in Collierville, Tenn., was encouraged by a speech and debate coach to seek a career where he could use his storytelling gifts.
: The National Law Journal : June 20, 2016
New arrivals and lateral moves in this week's column.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : June 18, 2016
A month after Dentons suggested law firms and their clients should abandon “pay-to-play” networks for international legal referrals and announced its own new network, the referral industry is fighting back.
Ian Lopez : Legaltech News : June 10, 2016
Bloomberg BNA's Big Law Business Summit brought together a panel of experts to discuss the nature of cybersecurity in the modern enterprise environment.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : June 09, 2016
The $1.65 billion sale of New York's 1285 Sixth Avenue saw more than 50 partners from Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison—a key tenant in the office tower—invest roughly $10 million in the transaction.
: The National Law Journal : June 06, 2016
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
: New Jersey Law Journal : June 01, 2016
Since Stipulation of Dismissal Was Final Judgment, Appeal Was Untimely
: Texas Lawyer : June 01, 2016
Round Rock-based Dell's pending acquisition of computer storage company EMC for an estimated $67 billion tops the list of the 10 biggest Texas deals announced in 2015.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : May 31, 2016
Marissa McCall Dodson has left the national American Civil Liberties Union, which she'd joined in November, for the Southern Center for Human Rights, where she is the new public policy director.
Jennifer Williams-Alvarez : Corporate Counsel : May 31, 2016
Advertising and marketing attorneys say there are ways to minimize the risk.
: The National Law Journal : May 30, 2016
Sexual assault charges against Bill Cosby have been held over for trial, a Pennsylvania magisterial district judge ruled May 24. Plus more in this week's column.
Katheryn Hayes Tucker : Daily Report : May 27, 2016
Kimberly Childs describes how she feels after winning a three-way campaign for the opening created by the pending retirement of Judge Adele Grubbs from Cobb Superior Court.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 27, 2016
Amid merger talks with a U.K. firm, Hunton & Williams added two practice leaders from Katten Muchin Rosenman; Bo Dietl's GC finds a new home; Jenner & Block launches a private wealth practice; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Julie Kay : Daily Business Review : May 26, 2016
The 1,800-lawyer Clyde & Co. plans to open its sixth U.S. office in Miami, merging with insurance defense firm Thornton Davis & Fein.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : May 25, 2016
London-based RedLaw launched a New York office this week, becoming perhaps only the second large U.K. legal recruitment firm to make the jump to the cutthroat U.S. lateral market.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 25, 2016
Silicon Valley stalwart Fenwick & West is poised to set up shop in the Big Apple; Boies Schiller brings on two more litigators; Ropes & Gray grabs another private equity pro in London; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Charles Toutant : New Jersey Law Journal : May 24, 2016
A divided panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit has rejected an insurance carrier's attempt to reinstate legal malpractice claims against an assistant county counsel over a $31 million verdict in an auto accident case she tried.
Celia Ampel : Daily Business Review : May 24, 2016
Automaker defendants in the Takata air bag case did not sway a special master with their effort to obtain engagement letters for plaintiffs class representatives.
Nell Gluckman : The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
Law firms wake up to the reality that they are vulnerable to cybersecurity threats.
: The National Law Journal : May 16, 2016
Laterals and new arrivals in this week's column.
Jennifer Williams-Alvarez : Corporate Counsel : May 11, 2016
Legal departments are being asked to do more with less. But how? For guidance, look no further than the Association of Corporate Counsel's annual list of “Value Champions,” which was announced on Wednesday.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 09, 2016
A nonprofit published a database of offshore entities culled from leaked documents at Panama's Mossack Fonseca. But while the names of dozens of law firms emerged in the disclosures, internal emails and other source materials remained out of public view.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : May 05, 2016
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.