- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Richmond
- Head Count: 696
- Gross Revenues: $528,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $760,000
- Profits Per Partner: $950,000
- Year Over Year Change: -3
Hunton & Williams is a Richmond-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Hunton & Williams has 707 attorneys and is the 53rd largest firm in the United States. With $568,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 59th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Hunton & Williams ranked as the 70th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, FL, GA, NC, NY, TN, TX and VA.
In the News
Celia Ampel : Daily Business Review : May 04, 2016
Hunton & Williams lawyers say they set in motion an inquiry over 28 classified pages of documents from a report about 9/11.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : May 04, 2016
Cooley is poised to hire Andy Roth, head of the global privacy and cybersecurity group at Dentons, as a partner for its privacy and data protection practice in New York.
Gabrielle Orum Hernández : Daily Report : May 02, 2016
Defending champion Joe Habachy's last-day push in the Georgia Legal Food Frenzy put him at the head of other Atlanta teams as online fundraising officially closed at midnight on April 29.
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : May 02, 2016
After striking a deal with Chadbourne & Parke, investors are hoping for another chance to pursue claims that Proskauer Rose helped R. Allen Stanford conceal his Ponzi scheme from regulators.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : April 29, 2016
The Atlanta Legal Aid Society kicked off its annual campaign with its customary spring breakfast for fundraising captains on Wednesday.
Gabrielle Orum Hernández : Daily Report : April 29, 2016
With just over 9 hours to go in the Georgia Legal Food Frenzy, Atlanta-area law firms and legal organizations were just over $6,000 away from hitting their regional fundraising goal of $125,000.
Gabrielle Orum Hernández : Daily Report : April 29, 2016
Law firms and legal organizations participating in the Georgia Legal Food Frenzy were only $2,000 away from helping organizers reach their Atlanta regional goal.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : April 28, 2016
Abbott Labs seeks to buy St. Jude Medical for $25 billion; Sanofi makes a $9.3 billion bid for Medivation; AbbVie offers $5.8 billion for Stemcentrx; and a look at the big firms behind those proposed megadeals.
Gabrielle Orum Hernández : Daily Report : April 27, 2016
Atlanta participants in the Georgia Legal Food Frenzy have just two days left to raise $51,471 for regional food banks to hit the $125,000 goal set by Frenzy organizers for the area.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 27, 2016
The Philadelphia-based firm bolts on smaller wealth management shops in California and Florida; Jenner & Block rebuilds its government contracts group; Sidley Austin hires MoFo's ERISA head; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Gabrielle Orum Hernández : Daily Report : April 26, 2016
With only three days left in the Georgia Legal Food Frenzy, Atlanta-area law firms and legal organizations participating in the friendly competition have reached 50 percent of their $125,000 regional fundraising goal.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : April 25, 2016
The two Am Law 100 firms brought on new partners in the cybersecurity and data privacy space by making hires from Blank Rome and Hunton & Williams.
Gabrielle Orum Hernández : Daily Report : April 25, 2016
The Office of Legal Affairs at Georgia Tech kept its dominant lead over other Atlanta law firms and legal organizations in the Georgia Legal Food Frenzy as the fundraising competition entered its second week.
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
The Am Law 100 eked out gains across major financial metrics in 2015. But growth was the slowest in years.
Ian Lopez : Legaltech News : April 22, 2016
Drake Lightle's experience includes nearly a decade of e-discovery projects and litigation and arbitration.
Gabrielle Orum Hernández : Daily Report : April 22, 2016
Law firms and legal organizations across Atlanta have surpassed last year's fundraising halfway through the two-week Georgia Legal Food Frenzy competition, raising $41,465 for the Atlanta Community Food Bank in the first week. Last year, participants raised just short of $40,000.
Zach Warren : Legaltech News : April 22, 2016
Keith Austin and Gastón Bilder currently work for Deutsche Post DHL and Total, respectively.
Ed Silverstein : Legaltech News : April 21, 2016
The team will focus on a host of intellectual property and liability issues surrounding the nascent, but growing 3D printer market
Katelyn Polantz : Legal Times : April 21, 2016
An ethics commission finds a resolution in its investigation of the Dickstein Shapiro-turned-Cozen O'Connor state attorneys general practice, and big-name turnover materializes at K&L Gates, Davis Wright Tremaine, the Sacramento U.S. Attorney's Office and the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia bench. This is a round-up of legal industry news from ALM and other outlets.
Gabrielle Orum Hernández : Daily Report : April 20, 2016
After nearly three days of competition, legal organizations participating in the fifth annual Georgia Legal Food Frenzy in the Atlanta metro area have raised 18 percent of their regional collection goal of $125,000 for food banks.
Gabrielle Orum Hernández : Daily Report : April 15, 2016
Georgia's Legal Food Frenzy kicks off its fifth annual friendly food drive competition on Monday.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : April 12, 2016
Plenty of small intellectual property boutiques handle patent and trademark prosecution, but a two-lawyer IP litigation shop is more rare. Dan Kent and Steve Risley, both experienced IP litigators, have started just such a shop, Kent & Risley.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 11, 2016
Holland & Knight keeps hiring; Kirkland picks up one from Paul Weiss; Proskauer Rose reels in some heavy-hitters; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : April 08, 2016
Mossack Fonseca says it hasn't yet hired outside counsel. What kind of lawyers will it need?
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : April 05, 2016
Vinson & Elkins opens an office in Richmond, Virginia, after hiring a five-partner group of REIT lawyers.
Scott Flaherty : The Am Law Daily : April 04, 2016
The moves continue a trickle of recent departures from Hunton & Williams across several practices.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : April 04, 2016
McGuireWoods adds 13 partners in 13 days; Paul Weiss poaches a high-powered Cravath M&A partner; Kenyon & Kenyon loses two patent prosecution pros to Norton Rose Fulbright; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Zach Warren : Legaltech News : March 31, 2016
Legal technology leaders speak on privacy challenges, artificial intelligence, SAAS and more for LTN's latest Tech Digest.
Julie Kay : Daily Business Review : March 29, 2016
Alumni of the Florida International University evening law program have donated more than $50,000 to help second-career law students.
: The American Lawyer : March 28, 2016