- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Richmond
- Head Count: 707
- Gross Revenues: $568,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $805,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,000,000
- Year Over Year Change: -1
Hunton & Williams is a Richmond-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Hunton & Williams has 707 attorneys and is the 53rd largest firm in the United States. With $568,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 59th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Hunton & Williams ranked as the 70th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, FL, GA, NC, NY, TN, TX and VA.
In the News
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : November 24, 2015
: The National Law Journal : November 23, 2015
The former chief judge of the Patent Trial and Appeal Board is coming clean. James Smith has joined Ecolab Inc., a Fortune 500 chemical company that promotes sanitation in everything from hospitals to drinking water to farm animals. Plus more in this week's column.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : November 19, 2015
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : November 18, 2015
New partners join K&L Gates in Sydney and Warsaw as the firm closes a U.S. office; Norton Rose Fulbright loses two practice leaders; Sutherland snags a Kaye Scholer project finance head; and other notable address changes from throughout The Am Law 200.
: Daily Business Review : November 17, 2015
Jennifer Ellis said she found a better work-life balance as in-house counsel for Tyco.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : November 16, 2015
Culhane Meadows, a nontraditional firm, hires nine partners in Texas, including eight who came from Phillips & Reiter.
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : November 16, 2015
The two Am Law 100 firms are advising on Marriott International's $12.2 billion cash-and-stock acquisition of Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, a deal that if completed will create the world's largest hotel company.
Mike Sacks : Legal Times : November 16, 2015
House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wisconsin, has selected the Ways and Means Committee's top lawyer to become general counsel of the speaker's office. Mark Epley has spent the last 3 1/2 years as general counsel and oversight staff director at Ways and Means. Epley's legal career included stints at the U.S. Justice Department and as an associate at Hunton & Williams.
Nell Gluckman and Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : November 15, 2015
An environmental law expert heads to Oregon; Greenberg Traurig grabs two from McDermott in New York; Hogan Lovells hires a Latham & Watkins trio in Dubai; Ice Miller brings back a mayor; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
: New York Law Journal : November 13, 2015
Announcements from eight firms, including Goodwin Procter's naming of Jeffrey Simes as chair of the firm's litigation department and Cahill Gordon & Reindel's addition of Pierre Gentin, formerly the global head of litigation and regulatory investigations for Credit Suisse, as a partner.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : November 11, 2015
Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker is the latest big firm to bet on the Lone Star State with an 11-lawyer team from Lewis Brisbois; Shearman & Sterling snags an IP trio from Kenyon & Kenyon; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Samantha Joseph : Daily Business Review : November 11, 2015
A Miami federal court approves a combined $200 million settlement with mortgage servicers Ocwen and Nationstar over a home insurance scandal.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : November 06, 2015
A federal grand jury on Thursday indicted Keila Ravelo, a former Willkie Farr & Gallagher partner, for tax evasion and her alleged role in a scheme that used phony litigation support vendors to fraudulently obtain $7.8 million from two law firms where she was a partner, and from a former client, MasterCard.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : November 04, 2015
After several months of partner losses, K&L Gates continues a recent hiring spree by adding four partners on two continents; another bolt-on by Dinsmore & Shohl; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : November 04, 2015
The National Hockey League's 2015-2016 season is underway, and Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom has checked some of its competitors vying for the league's legal work over the board; plus other notable bills from big law.
Scott Flaherty and Gina Passarella : The American Lawyer : November 02, 2015
United States v. General Motors; Federal Trade Commission v. Steris; In re Processed Egg Products Antitrust Litigation; EM v. Banco Central De La Republica Argentina; Gomez v. Tyson Foods; Acosta v. Tyson Foods
Julie Triedman : The Am Law Daily : November 02, 2015
Things are looking up for Stanford's 21,000 global investors, not to mention a group of lawyers representing them on a contingency basis.
: The Recorder : October 26, 2015
New hires, promotions, appointments and awards in-house, at firms, and in government and academia.
: The National Law Journal : October 26, 2015
Lateral moves in this week's column.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : October 20, 2015
Six months after a firmwide cull, Wiley Rein is hiring again; Covington & Burling brings back a partner from GE; Day Pitney expands into Florida; Ropes & Gray raids Fried Frank; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The National Law Journal : October 19, 2015
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : October 12, 2015
Rita Sheffey has resigned as president-elect of the State Bar of Georgia, the bar announced late Friday afternoon.
: New York Law Journal : October 07, 2015
Four firms have announced new additions, and Tracey Cushing Gilliam has joined MetLife Inc. as senior vice president and chief counsel in litigation.
Rebekah Mintzer : Corporate Counsel : October 06, 2015
In a setback for many U.S. companies, the European Court of Justice, the EU's highest court, struck down a 15-year-old agreement allowing the personal data of customers and employees to flow freely from Europe back to the United States.
Tasha Norman : The National Law Journal : October 05, 2015
Laterals and new arrivals in this week's column.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : October 04, 2015
Another practice leader leaves Kaye Scholer; Blank Rome bags a handful of new hires; Day Pitney poaches a five-partner real estate team; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Samantha Joseph : Daily Business Review : September 24, 2015
The court rejects a Florida Bar proposal that would have allowed lawyers to accept referrals from agencies not owned by attorneys.
: Daily Report : September 23, 2015
Check out our gallery of photos from recent events for legal professionals. Represented are Miller & Martin, Hunton & Williams and Morgan Clemons.
: The American Lawyer : September 22, 2015
The American Lawyer's Global Legal Awards in finance recognize the 10 deals that best exemplify the challenges of transnational finance practice, from capital markets offerings to capital restructurings to infrastructure projects.
: Daily Business Review : September 16, 2015
Corey Lee, a partner at Hunton & Williams' Miami officel, is a leader at his firm in international data breach issues.