- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
Hunton & Williams LLP
- Designation: Richmond
- Head Count: 726
- Gross Revenues: $545,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $750,000
- Profits Per Partner: $865,000
- Year Over Year Change: -1
Hunton & Williams is a Richmond-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Hunton & Williams has 726 attorneys and is the 50th largest firm in the United States. With $545,000,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 58th on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2012 Global 100 survey, Hunton & Williams ranked as the 67th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, FL, GA, London, NC, NY, TN, TX and VA.
In the News
: The National Law Journal : September 01, 2014
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
: The Am Law Daily : August 29, 2014
In this category, The American Lawyer's Global Legal Awards honor the 10 cross-border deals and disputes of 2013 that best exemplify the challenges of transnational legal practice.
Susan Hansen : The American Lawyer : August 27, 2014
DuPont's general counsel became one of the industry's leading advocates for diversity in outside counsel.
: New York Law Journal : August 22, 2014
Eight firms announce new additions, including Steptoe & Johnson, Latham & Watkins and Hunton & Williams.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : August 20, 2014
Big bond issues for the state of Georgia and MARTA made Holland & Knight the top Southeastern bond counsel for the first six months of the year, with $1.46 billion in sales.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 19, 2014
Ashurst and Squire Patton Boggs, two growing global legal giants that have recently gone the merger route, both reshuffled overseas alliances this week as the latter saw 23 lawyers in the Middle East decamp en masse, while the former was busy raiding two Am Law 100 rivals. The Am Law Daily looks at those developments and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Mary Welch : Daily Report : August 19, 2014
Doug Sandberg joined Worldpay US Inc. as its first general counsel in 2000. Today he also is a senior vice president, corporate secretary and member of its board of directors.
Monica Bay : Law Technology News : August 18, 2014
Entrepreneur Peter Diamandis fuels ILTA's fascination with disruptive technologies.
Mary Welch : Daily Report : August 18, 2014
David Kelly's goal was to discover how the Epstein-Barr virus caused certain types of human cancer, but studying the viral protein LMP-1 for his master's degree in microbiology and immunology didn't provide the allure he craved. So he went into law.
Katelyn Polantz : Legal Times : August 15, 2014
In the large law offices scattered across the Northern Virginia business corridor, a handful of attorneys have fashioned practices around the Washington Metro extension. Other Northern Virginia lawyers have started riding the Silver Line—though those taking mass transit are still light in number.
Julie Kay : Daily Business Review : August 15, 2014
Even though he died last year, legendary Miami appellate attorney Arthur England was affirmed by the Third DCA on his last appeal.
Eleazar David Melendez : Daily Business Review : August 12, 2014
Fernando C. Alonso and Gabriel L. Valdes teamed with Uriel A. Mendieta to advise Sabadell United Bank in the $56 million purchase of JGB Bank of Miami.
Noreen Marcus : Daily Business Review : August 11, 2014
First Amendment lawyer Thomas Julin, noting that six of the Eleventh's nine active members are Democratic appointees, said there's a good chance the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit would reconsider allowing doctors to ask their patients about gun ownership.
Charles Toutant : New Jersey Law Journal : August 08, 2014
In an insurance coverage suit over a $15 million personal injury settlement in Camden, N.J., federal court, the parties are quarrelling about which of them is the plaintiff.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : August 08, 2014
Eight of this year's 50 Best Law Firms for Women chosen by Flex-Time Lawyers and Working Mother magazine have an Atlanta office—but none are based here.
: Daily Report : August 07, 2014
Hunton & Williams recognized six Atlanta-based attorneys at its recent E. Randolph Williams award reception.
Vivia Chen : The Careerist : August 06, 2014
A look at the subtext behind Working Woman magazine's "50 best firms for women."
Samantha Joseph : Daily Business Review : August 01, 2014
The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit ruled that a demand letter sent to collect nearly $270,000 on a delinquent mortgage was not misleading.
Jenna Greene and Todd Ruger : Corporate Counsel : August 01, 2014
EPA's new emissions rule allows states flexibility, which could be the rub.
Jan Wolfe and Amanda Bronstad : The American Lawyer : July 30, 2014
Meritor v. Eaton; Catholic Healthcare West v. U.S. Foods; Vergara v. State of California; Grocery Manufacturers Association v. Sorrell; Macy's v. J.C. Penney
Mark Hamblett : New York Law Journal : July 28, 2014
The removal of defense attorney Ivan Fisher from the rolls in the Southern District has been upheld by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 26, 2014
Arnold & Porter takes on a couple of attorneys from Alston & Bird; the embattled Bingham McCutchen brings on a partner and more notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Vala Lopez : Daily Business Review : July 24, 2014
The Daily Business Review will recognize 40 South Florida lawyers under age 40 as Rising Stars for their achievements.
Julie Kay : Daily Business Review : July 22, 2014
Carlos Loumiet, formerly a partner at DLA Piper, Hunton & Williams and Greenberg Traurig, has joined Broad and Cassel as a Miami partner.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 22, 2014
A high-powered litigator leaves Dechert, more departures from Bingham McCutchen and a rare outside hire by Wachtell Lipton in our latest look at lateral moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 22, 2014
The longtime head of Andrews Kurth's corporate governance and securities practice is preparing to leave the firm just weeks after it settled a malpractice case seeking $50 million in damages over its representation of an affiliate of convicted Ponzi schemer R. Allen Stanford.
Jenna Greene : The National Law Journal : July 21, 2014
Lawyers who practice before the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau agree on one thing: "It's been good for law firms," said Ballard Spahr partner Alan Kaplinsky. Created by the Dodd-Frank Act, the agency turned 3 years old Monday.
Jenna Greene : The National Law Journal : July 21, 2014
Lawyers who practice before the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau agree on one thing: “It's been good for law firms,” said Ballard Spahr partner Alan Kaplinsky. Created by the Dodd-Frank Act, the agency turned 3 years old Monday.
Adolfo Pesquera : Daily Business Review : July 18, 2014
But nine others are named to South Florida judicial nominating commissions.
Michael D. Goldhaber : The Am Law Daily : July 10, 2014
The American Lawyer unveils the 36 winners of its second annual Global Legal Awards. Four grand prizewinners—in Global M&A, Global Finance, Global Disputes and Global Citizenship—will be announced at the awards dinner on Sept. 15 at Gotham Hall in New York City.