- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 316
- Gross Revenues: $361,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,145,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,905,000
- Year Over Year Change: -12
Hughes Hubbard & Reed is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2016 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Hughes Hubbard & Reed has 316 attorneys and is the 134th largest firm in the United States. With $361,500,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 90th on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Hughes Hubbard & Reed ranked as the 96th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, FL, MO, NJ, NY and WI.
In the News
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 11, 2016
Jones Day recruits two new partners on opposite coasts after a top restructuring duo departs; Milbank makes a rare lateral hire; Paul Hastings makes some high-profile additions; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Monika Gonzalez Mesa : Daily Business Review : June 29, 2016
A pledge that aims to increase the number of women in international arbitration has gained the support of hundreds of people and organizations worldwide, but the response from attorneys in South Florida and Latin America has been less enthusiastic.
Kim Kleman : The American Lawyer : June 27, 2016
It's been a noteworthy year for pro bono service.
: The American Lawyer : June 27, 2016
The American Lawyer's latest survey of Big Law's pro efforts, from law firm rankings to project profiles and the state of the Justice Gap.
Nell Gluckman : The American Lawyer : June 27, 2016
Hughes Hubbard is tops for U.S. pro bono; Dechert leads the international scene.
Jennifer Henderson : Daily Business Review : June 24, 2016
When it comes to matching Cravath, Swaine & Moore's base salary bump for associates — which will see first-years earn $180,000 and eighth-years rake in $315,000 — firms with big Florida bases are a mixed bag, with the definition of "top of market" becoming increasingly nuanced.
: New York Law Journal : June 21, 2016
The Federal Bar Council presented the Thurgood Marshall award for exceptional pro bono service to Davis Polk and Wardwell associate Scott Wilcox at an event held Thursday at the Battery Gardens in Manhattan.
: New York Law Journal : June 07, 2016
David Shanies launched the David B. Shanies Law Firm in Manhattan in February. David, who spent the majority of his legal career in the litigation department of Hughes Hubbard & Reed, said the timing was right to start his own firm and he was "ready for a new challenge."
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 27, 2016
Amid merger talks with a U.K. firm, Hunton & Williams added two practice leaders from Katten Muchin Rosenman; Bo Dietl's GC finds a new home; Jenner & Block launches a private wealth practice; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
: New York Law Journal : May 13, 2016
The Federal Bar Council recognized Eastern District Judge Arlene Lindsay at the group's annual reception Wednesday.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 08, 2016
Plenty of familiar names from The Am Law 200 and Global 100 appeared in an early version of a searchable online database drawn from the leaked files of offshore firm Mossack Fonseca.
Rick Kopstein, Photographer : New York Law Journal : May 05, 2016
Judge Gerard Lynch of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit received the Learned Hand Medal for excellence in federal jurisprudence from Federal Bar Council at the group's Annual Law Day Dinner Tuesday.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : April 30, 2016
Judge Kimberly Moore wasn't swayed by pleas from Google, HP and others that saw the case as a vehicle to move suits out of plaintiff-friendly EDTX.
: The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
For the second year in a row, Latham & Watkins holds the top position on our gross revenue rankings, while three new firms moved onto the Am Law 100. Twenty-seven firms posted gross revenue of $1 billion or more.
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : April 25, 2016
The Am Law 100 eked out gains across major financial metrics in 2015. But growth was the slowest in years.
Erin E. Harrison : Legaltech News : April 21, 2016
Experts at the ACEDS 2016 E-Discovery provide the 7 elements of an effective e-discovery compliance program.
Zoe Tillman : The National Law Journal : April 21, 2016
In a rare public speech since his nomination to the U.S. Supreme was announced, Chief Judge Merrick Garland of the D.C. Circuit delivered remarks at the court's annual pro bono recognition breakfast. He urged lawyers to do more to close the access-to-justice gap.
Natalie Shkolnik and Julie Cilia : New York Law Journal : April 11, 2016
Natalie Shkolnik and Julie Cilia of Wilk Auslander analyze 'Malay v. City of Syracuse', in which the Court of Appeals held that CPLR 205(a)'s six-month tolling period begins to run when a nondiscretionary appeal is dismissed, not when the order appealed from is entered.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 11, 2016
Holland & Knight keeps hiring; Kirkland picks up one from Paul Weiss; Proskauer Rose reels in some heavy-hitters; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : April 07, 2016
With dozens of high-level executives and politicians under investigation as part of a broad corruption probe, Hughes Hubbard has joined forces with a local anti-corruption lawyer.
: New York Law Journal : April 06, 2016
The New York Law Journal congratulates the 42 young lawyers chosen as 2016 Rising Stars by a panel of 24 esteemed judges.
: New York Law Journal : April 01, 2016
Seven firms, including Baker & Hostetler, White & Case and Proskauer Rose, announce new additions.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : March 28, 2016
Wiley Rein's food and drug leader decamps for DLA Piper; Mayer Brown recruits a key Verizon in-house lawyer; Skadden hires from a high-profile boutique; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : March 24, 2016
The sizeable verdict is a fraction of Merck's demand in a feud over patents for the treatment of hepatitis C.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : March 23, 2016
As the case moves on to a damages phase, lawyers for Merck & Co. Inc. will push for a 10 percent cut of sales on Gilead Sciences Inc.'s blockbuster drug sofosbuvir.
Scott Graham : The Recorder : March 14, 2016
Patent reformers had high hopes for TC Heartland case, but Judge Kimberly Moore suggested the issue should be left for Congress.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : March 08, 2016
John Oliver, a comedian and host of HBO's “Last Week Tonight,” has sought to trademark the word “Drumpf” in an effort to dismantle Donald Trump's quest for the Republican presidential nomination. Kenyon & Kenyon is advising.
Rick Kopstein, Photographer : New York Law Journal : March 08, 2016
The Federal Bar Council recognized the judges of the Eastern District of New York Thursday during its annual Judges Reception at the Union League Club.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : March 02, 2016
Bruce Zirinsky, the ex-head of the restructuring groups at Greenberg Traurig and Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft, has started his own firm in New York. Zirinsky just snagged a lead role advising Republic Airways Holdings Inc. in its bankruptcy case, one that has already pumped more than $1.1 million into his new firm's coffers.
Susan Beck, Scott Flaherty, Jenna Greene, Mark Hamblett and Julie Triedman : The American Lawyer : February 29, 2016
VirnetX scores a big patent award against Apple, GM beats back an ignition switch case, and more.