- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 351
- Gross Revenues: $396,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,130,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,950,000
- Year Over Year Change: 8
Hughes Hubbard & Reed is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2014 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Hughes Hubbard & Reed has 351 attorneys and is the 123rd largest firm in the United States. With $396,000,000 in gross revenue in 2013, the firm placed 72nd on The American Lawyer's 2014 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2013 Global 100 survey, Hughes Hubbard & Reed ranked as the 92nd highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, FL, MO, NJ, NY, Paris and WI.
In the News
Mark Hamblett : New York Law Journal : October 22, 2014
An attorney accused by a judge of ignoring his instructions not to mention punitive damages and of acting strangely during closing argument in the products liability litigation over the bone-density drug Fosamax has had sanctions against him lifted by a federal appeals court.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : October 16, 2014
A month after losing its former leader and two other capital markets partners to Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, Wall Street mainstay Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson is bringing on two tax partners from King & Spalding and Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe.
: New York Law Journal : October 09, 2014
The New York County Lawyers' Association held its 51st Charles Evans Hughes memorial lecture on Monday. Eastern District U.S. Attorney Loretta Lynch gave the 2014 address.
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : October 08, 2014
A surge in dealmaking boosted the top and bottom lines for the world's top-grossing firms, which experienced steady if unspectacular growth in 2013.
: New Jersey Law Journal : October 08, 2014
Chart tracking In-House Counsel at Large Public Companies.
Chris Johnson : The American Lawyer : September 29, 2014
Several firms appear for the first time on the Global 100 list, while others fall off.
: The National Law Journal : September 29, 2014
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.
: New York Law Journal : September 24, 2014
Brown Rudnick has added Alfred Fabricant and Lawrence Drucker as partners in its intellectual property litigation group, among other moves.
Adolfo Pesquera : Daily Business Review : September 24, 2014
Attorneys Steven J. Hammer, Jonathan Gdanski and Scott P. Schlesinger still got a survival claim despite the jury finding smoking-related diseases did not cause their client's death.
Jan Wolfe : The Litigation Daily : September 24, 2014
Barring an unlikely U.S. Supreme Court reversal, lawyers at Boies, Schiller & Flexner can finally add the roller-coaster bankruptcy litigation over Barclays' fire sale acquisition of Lehman Brothers' brokerage unit to the firm's win column.
: New York Law Journal : September 22, 2014
Four firms, including Thompson Hine and Edwards Wildman Palmer, have added new attorneys.
: The National Law Journal : September 22, 2014
New arrivals and lateral moves in this week's column.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : September 20, 2014
The Magic Circle firm's New York hiring spree continued, although one partner has left the London-based legal giant's office in Washington, D.C., for a top in-house job at Chevron. The Am Law Daily looks at those moves and more in our latest tally of notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : September 19, 2014
Valerie Ford Jacob, the head of the capital markets group at Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson, is leaving with partners Michael Levitt and Paul Tropp to join Magic Circle firm Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer in New York. The moves are the latest high-profile lateral hires by Freshfields in the U.S.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : September 16, 2014
Ex-leaders of defunct firm Dewey & LeBoeuf were back in court Monday arguing to dismiss the indictment against them and, in the alternative, to allow the defense to examine the grand jury minutes.
: The National Law Journal : September 15, 2014
New arrivals and lateral moves in this week's column.
Julie Kay : Daily Business Review : September 11, 2014
Eric Rapkin succeeds David Ristaino, who is leaving the join a Miami health care client as general counsel.
Jan Wolfe : The Litigation Daily : September 10, 2014
"Any lawyer worth his salt knows a dead person cannot maintain a personal injury action," an appellate panel wrote in throwing out hundreds of defective personal injury cases brought by Florida lawyer Norwood Wilner.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : September 09, 2014
A Southern District judge has dismissed a former Dewey & LeBoeuf partner's suit against Barclays Bank and ex-firm leaders, citing lack of jurisdiction.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : September 09, 2014
The IP litigation exodus from Kirkland & Ellis continued this week as partners William Devitt and Matthew Hertko decamped for Jones Day in Chicago. The Am Law Daily has a look at those moves and more in our latest roundup of notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
: New York Law Journal : September 08, 2014
Four firms have added partners and others have added counsel.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : September 07, 2014
Baker & McKenzie, Jones Day, Norton Rose Fulbright and Squire Patton Boggs all experienced churn to their robust partnership ranks in the first week of September; a high-profile in-house lawyer joins Ballard Spahr as a Bingham McCutchen partner heads the other way; and Milbank brings on a top federal prosecutor in our latest look at notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Amaris Elliott-Engel : The National Law Journal : August 14, 2014
Pfizer Inc. has won a defense verdict in Massachusetts federal court against allegations that a plaintiff was not adequately warned of the risks of developing pulmonary arterial hypertension from using the Fen-Phen diet-drug duo.
: VerdictSearch : August 13, 2014
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : August 12, 2014
Dechert, LeClairRyan, Lowenstein Sandler and Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman all announced plans for new offices within the past week, in our latest look at notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : August 11, 2014
Former leaders of Dewey & LeBoeuf who are facing criminal charges have been granted limited access to the firm's accounting system as they prepare for a trial anticipated to start early next year.
Julie Kay : Daily Business Review : August 08, 2014
After a brief departure to another firm, Miami shareholders Jeffrey Tenen and Israel Sanchez have returned to Greenberg Traurig to launch a global aircraft and equipment finance and leasing practice.
: VerdictSearch : August 06, 2014
Ross Todd : The Litigation Daily : August 05, 2014
The Second Circuit on Tuesday affirmed a big victory for Barclays and its lawyers at Boies, Schiller & Flexner in long-simmering litigation over the collapse of Lehman Brothers, ruling that Barclays is entitled to billions in disputed Lehman assets.
: New York Law Journal : July 25, 2014
Jones Day and Troutman Sanders have added partners and Dr. James Tacci has rejoined Hiscock & Barclay.