- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 332
- Gross Revenues: $394,000,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $1,185,000
- Profits Per Partner: $2,145,000
- Year Over Year Change: -6
Hughes Hubbard & Reed is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Hughes Hubbard & Reed has 332 attorneys and is the 135th largest firm in the United States. With $394,000,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 78th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Hughes Hubbard & Reed ranked as the 96th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in CA, DC, FL, MO, NJ, NY and WI.
In the News
Rick Kopstein, Photographer : New York Law Journal : November 27, 2015
The Federal Bar Council presented its Emory Buckner Medal, which recognizes outstanding public service, to Eastern District Chief Judge Carol Bagley Amon and Southern District Chief Judge Loretta Preska at its 2015 Thanksgiving Luncheon on Wednesday.
Ben Bedell : New York Law Journal : November 23, 2015
A former Hughes Hubbard & Reed partner who was indicted in June for failing to file any state income tax returns for the years 1996 through 2013 was disbarred Thursday by the First Department.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : November 18, 2015
Nearly 100 law firms received top ratings from the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index. The annual survey is meant to promote inclusive policies and benefits for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : November 06, 2015
The U.S. Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics unveiled its latest jobs report Friday morning. Employment in legal services is up along with the rest of the economy.
Jeff Storey : New York Law Journal : October 27, 2015
The Federal Bar Council is about to unveil a profusely illustrated coffee table book that combines stories from the Second Circuit's rich history with a survey of courthouse architecture.
: The National Law Journal : October 26, 2015
From Rwanda to a tiny Catholic Charities office in downtown Washington, lawyers took on cases, founded projects and reflected on the good they do and what more they can achieve. As the American Bar Association celebrates pro bono work nationally this week, The National Law Journal highlights the leaders, cases and efforts that have helped lawyers give back in the last year.
Joel Stashenko : New York Law Journal : October 14, 2015
Suggest to Howard Levine that his distinguished legal career has had three distinct phases—prosecutor, judge and litigator—and he hastens to add a fourth: advocate for children and families.
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : October 08, 2015
Milberg, a once high-flying plaintiffs firm, has notified New York sate of its intention to let go of 32 employees by December. The cutbacks are the latest by a big firm coping with a drop-off in high-stakes litigation tied to the 2008 financial crisis.
MP McQueen : The Am Law Daily : October 02, 2015
Moreover, the Labor Department revised its numbers for August, meaning that declines initially reported weren't really as steep.
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : The American Lawyer : September 28, 2015
Bell / NFL v. CRTC; Re Nortel Networks Corp.; Dunkin' Brands Canada Ltd. v. Bertico
Susan Beck : The Am Law Daily : September 25, 2015
Reynolds American's $27.4 billion acquisition of fellow cigarette maker Lorillard last year has caused Hughes Hubbard & Reed to cut the size of its office in Kansas City, Missouri.
Katherine Jo : The Asian Lawyer : September 21, 2015
On Sept. 17, nearly 200 leading legal professionals attended the 9th annual China Law & Practice Awards at the JW Marriott Hotel in Beijing—our first awards since joining the ALM Media network in August.
David Ruiz : The Recorder : September 10, 2015
A round-up of transactions involving Bay Area lawyers and companies.
Andrew Denney : New York Law Journal : September 02, 2015
Prosecutors had maintained throughout Ruddy Quezada's 1993 trial and in post-conviction proceedings that a witness who testified at the trial had come forward on his own. But last week it was revealed that a material witness order had been used to detain the witness in a hotel room until he agreed to testify.
Patrick M. Connors : New York Law Journal : August 24, 2015
Patrick M. Connors of Albany Law School discusses notable Civil Practice decisions from the recent term of the New York Court of Appeals.
: New York Law Journal : August 20, 2015
Six firms announce new additions, BuckleySandler announces a promotion to partner, and Portolano Cavallo has opened its first U.S. representative office in New York for clients looking to make Italian investments or to establish and operate businesses in Italy.
Nell Gluckman : The American Lawyer : August 17, 2015
From the judge to the defendants to the lead attorneys on both sides, the Dewey & LeBoeuf fraud trial has been dominated by seasoned lawyers, and entirely by men. But the criminal trial has plunged four early to mid-career attorneys on the defense teams—all women—into the thick of a once-in-a-lifetime case.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : August 14, 2015
For the associates helping to defend Dewey & LeBoeuf's former leaders, the ongoing Dewey criminal trial has been an eye-opener.
: The National Law Journal : August 10, 2015
Lateral moves in this week's column.
JOEL STASHENKO : New York Law Journal : July 30, 2015
Joel Stashenko : New York Law Journal : July 30, 2015
Judge Lawrence Marks will assume the post of chief administrative judge on Friday, succeeding A. Gail Prudenti as the lead day-to-day manager of New York's court system.
Marcia Coyle : Supreme Court Brief : July 29, 2015
The Boy Scouts of America announcement this week that it would end its ban on openly gay adult leaders came 15 years after the U.S. Supreme Court upheld the ban on First Amendment ground, and nearly 30 years after legal battles over the restriction began.
Jim Schroeder : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
Paul Hastings keeps its top spot in The American Lawyer's latest survey of the best of the best in Big Law.
Kim Kleman, editor-in-chief : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
The overall scores in our yearly A-List survey keep rising. But even among A-Listers, there's room to improve.
Jim Schroeder : The American Lawyer : July 27, 2015
Who's Up, who's down, and how so many of the same A-List winners keep managing to come back for more.
Andrew Keshner : New York Law Journal : July 23, 2015
An ex-partner at Hughes Hubbard & Reed has been sentenced to a three-month jail sentence and five years of probation after pleading guilty to tax fraud.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 22, 2015
Squire Patton Boggs sees more partners depart; two more lawyers peel away from O'Melveny & Myers; another IP litigator leaves Kenyon & Kenyon; and other notable moves from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : July 14, 2015
High-powered plaintiffs shop Hausfeld hires two antitrust litigators from Greenberg Traurig to open in the Big Apple; Greenberg Traurig opens its first office in Germany; Pillsbury picks up two; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The National Law Journal : July 06, 2015
A roundup of Washington, D.C. lateral moves and promotions.
Tom Brennan : The Asian Lawyer : July 03, 2015
Former White & Case lawyer Joel Greer specializes in international arbitration.