- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Washington
- Head Count: 1,009
- Gross Revenues: $688,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $680,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,135,000
- Year Over Year Change: 5
Holland & Knight is a Tampa-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Holland & Knight has 1009 attorneys and is the 23rd largest firm in the United States. With $688,500,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 46th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Holland & Knight ranked as the 54th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in AK, CA, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, NY, OR, RI, TX, VA and WA.
In the News
Marlisse Silver Sweeney : The American Lawyer : November 30, 2015
: The National Law Journal : November 30, 2015
New arrivals and lateral moves in this week's column.
Zach Warren : Legaltech News : November 25, 2015
Legaltech News runs down the movements from legal technology movers and shakers.
Greg Land : Daily Report : November 25, 2015
More than seven months after the State Court of Fulton County dropped its longtime e-filing vendor, File & Serve, in favor of a competitor, the Georgia Court of Appeals has shut down an effort to have the service fees File & Serve collected declared illegal.
Ed Silverstein : Legaltech News : November 24, 2015
OneSource can provide legal teams with the business data to give lawyers adequate background information on an organization and its industry.
Zoe Tillman : The National Law Journal : November 24, 2015
A committee of federal judges in Chicago will decide whether to punish a white-collar partner at Barnes & Thornburg who was caught tweeting photos from a criminal trial. In a written response filed with the court, Vincent "Trace" Schmeltz III admitted tweeting photos of evidence. Schmeltz "formally apologizes" and is "sincerely remorseful for his conduct," his lawyer at Sidley Austin wrote in the document.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : November 24, 2015
R. Robin McDonald : Daily Report : November 24, 2015
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : November 21, 2015
Holland & Knight is dedicating pro bono resources to defending Chicago lawyers who face disciplinary action—the first program of its kind for a big law firm.
Patience Haggin : The Recorder : November 20, 2015
In Menlo Park, Orrick's Don Keller is overseeing a shift to an open floor plan with fewer private offices.
Andrew Keshner : New York Law Journal : November 20, 2015
Although an American citizen was detained by immigration authorities for more than three years, Eastern District Judge Jack Weinstein found the man was only entitled to damages for 27 days of false imprisonment.
Samantha Joseph : Daily Business Review : November 19, 2015
The $25 million Wave on Bayshore is set for Fort Lauderdale's North Beach Village.
Lawrence Viele Davidson : Daily Report : November 19, 2015
Whether they are in the courtroom or the boardroom, attorneys deal with paper and documents. But the lawyers at CNN are spending a great deal of time dealing with small, remote-controlled aircraft with cameras.
Zoe Tillman : The National Law Journal : November 11, 2015
Vincent "Trace" Schmeltz III, a Barnes & Thornburg white-collar partner in Chicago, could face sanctions after he tweeted photos from a federal criminal trial. The tweets didn't go unnoticed. U.S. District Chief Judge Rubén Castillo has ordered Schmeltz, co-chairman of the firm's financial and regulatory litigation practice, to appear on Nov. 24 to explain why he shouldn't face sanctions for violating court rules.
Ian Lopez : Legaltech News : November 10, 2015
Expense management software helps mid-size and large law firms improve cost control.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : November 09, 2015
Detroit-based Dickinson Wright launches a health care affiliate; Duane Morris hires a diversity leader; Quinn Emanuel starts a class action practice in Australia; Sidley expands in Los Angeles; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Julie Kay : Daily Business Review : November 05, 2015
Miami-based Akerman reports growth in revenue and profits in the year ended Oct. 31.
Celia Ampel : Daily Business Review : November 03, 2015
A Fort Lauderdale attorney files South Florida's first lawsuit against the owner of El Faro, whose 33 crew members died when the ship sank in Hurricane Joaquin.
Mary Hladky : Daily Business Review : November 03, 2015
Chris Avila, Alcides Avila and Javier Alvarez joined with Asnardo Garro in representing Banco de Credito e Inversiones in its $947 million acquisition of Miami-based City National Bank of Florida.
: New York Law Journal : November 02, 2015
In this Special Report from the New York Law Journal: "The Next Big Thing: 'Internet of Things' Litigation and Regulatory Risk," "'Lexmark' Redefines the False Advertising Landscape," "U.S. Supreme Court to Address Class Action Standing in Upcoming Term" and "Determining the 'Fair Value' of Shares of Closely Held Corporations."
: The American Lawyer : November 02, 2015
Zach Warren : Legaltech News : November 02, 2015
Flaherty is the founder of legal technology consultancy Procertas and the creator and pioneer of the Legal Technology Assessment.
Julie Kay : Daily Business Review : October 30, 2015
Florida managing partners see nothing but sunny skies these days, but they're prepared for challenges in the future, based on the Daily Business Review's annual managing partners survey.
Julie Kay : Daily Business Review : October 30, 2015
Law firms in Miami and elsewhere are opening outposts at business incubators and medical office parks to reach out to a new, burgeoning clientele and just maybe, snagging the next Google or Apple as clients.
Mary Welch : Daily Report : October 29, 2015
Leading lawyers repeated the words "flexible" and "organic" in describing how women can balance the business of a law firm—with strict billable hour requirements and serving clients—and their personal lives.
Monica Paquette : New York Law Journal : October 28, 2015
VaynerMedia is optimizing its reach by expanding the size of its Manhattan headquarters by nearly 20,000 square feet with a new lease at 10 Hudson Yards. Also, Thor Equities has acquired a 257,000-square-foot, mixed-use property at 180 Livingston St. in Brooklyn for $136 million.
: Daily Business Review : October 23, 2015
John Sumberg of Bilzin Sumberg writes about United Way being supported by 34 law firms and nearly 500 Miami lawyers.
Julie Kay : Daily Business Review : October 20, 2015
A major battle is brewing between supporters and opponents of a stricter standard for expert testimony in Florida state courts.
R. Robin McDonald : Daily Report : October 19, 2015
Republican lawyers who have served in high positions in Georgia government and the state GOP have asked Georgia's U.S. senators to support the confirmation of a DeKalb County State Court judge to the federal bench in Atlanta.
Samantha Joseph : Daily Business Review : October 19, 2015
The Miami office of Lawyers for Children America, which advocates for foster children, needs help to overcome a $45,000 funding shortfall.