- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill Thorp Reed
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: Washington
- Head Count: 1,009
- Gross Revenues: $688,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $680,000
- Profits Per Partner: $1,135,000
- Year Over Year Change: 5
Holland & Knight is a Tampa-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Holland & Knight has 1009 attorneys and is the 23rd largest firm in the United States. With $688,500,000 in gross revenue in 2014, the firm placed 46th on The American Lawyer's 2015 Am Law 200 ranking. On the 2014 Global 100 survey, Holland & Knight ranked as the 54th highest grossing law firm in the world. The firm has offices in AK, CA, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, NY, OR, RI, TX, VA and WA.
In the News
: The National Law Journal : October 05, 2015
Laterals and new arrivals in this week's column.
Alyson M. Palmer : Daily Report : September 29, 2015
Gov. Nathan Deal's Judicial Nominating Commission has winnowed the list of applicants for three new Court of Appeals seats from 110 to 42—most of them judges and government lawyers.
Susan Beck and Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : The American Lawyer : September 28, 2015
As out-of-state firms gain market share in the Lone Star State, native Texas firms are having to rethink their strategies.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : September 27, 2015
The co-head of a Los Angeles-based litigation boutique decamped for Covington & Burling, which opened in the city earlier this year; comings-and-goings at Ballard Spahr and White & Case; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
: The National Law Journal : September 23, 2015
Earlier this summer, the National Law Journal, collaborating with the Connecticut Law Tribune, solicited nominations for our Boston Rising Stars supplement, which features exemplary young lawyers in the Boston area.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : September 22, 2015
Ballard Spahr's Atlanta office has gained one lateral partner and lost another. Steve Park, who handles corporate securities and financing matters, joined the firm from Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough while Ethan Cohen, a business litigator, has decamped for Holland & Knight.
KATELYN POLANTZ AND ZOE TILLMAN : The National Law Journal : September 21, 2015
Katelyn Polantz and Zoe Tillman : The National Law Journal : September 17, 2015
With just days until Pope Francis' arrival, one of Washington's largest industries is taking a wait-and-see approach to the downtown disruption the visit will bring.
: Daily Business Review : September 16, 2015
Tracey Rachel Slavens is a key cog to several transformative urban development projects in Miami-Dade County. A partner at Holland & Knight specializing in real estate, land use and government, Slavens is currently working on winning zoning approvals for Lennar Homes' Grand Bay at Doral.
Suzanne Monyak : Daily Report : September 16, 2015
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : September 16, 2015
: Daily Report : September 16, 2015
See 270 on-the-rise lawyers over the years.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : September 15, 2015
King & Spalding opened a Tokyo office on Friday with four partners from London-based Ashurst who handle energy and resources projects. The launch came after receiving requisite approvals from the Japanese Ministry of Justice.
Richard Acello : The National Law Journal : September 14, 2015
"I am a working kind of guy."
Jennifer Henderson : The Am Law Daily : September 10, 2015
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom advised Canadian utility Emera on its acquisition of New England power assets two years ago, but this week the firm took the lead for Tampa-based Teco Energy on the Florida power generator's $10.4 billion sale to Emera.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : September 09, 2015
The demise of Dewey & LeBoeuf bankrupted Geoffrey Coll, but the securities litigator has found a new home at Baker & Hostetler; Greenberg Traurig brings on Ted Kennedy's widow; and other notable hires from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brenda Sapino Jeffreys : Texas Lawyer : September 08, 2015
Miami-based firm opens its third office in Texas and hires two litigators.
Mary Hladky : Daily Business Review : September 08, 2015
Holland & Knight attorneys Joe Dewey, Elena Otero and Brett Holland helped arrange a $95 million construction loan for Melo Group's 53-story Aria on the Bay.
: The National Law Journal : September 07, 2015
Laterals and new arrivals in this week's column.
: The National Law Journal : September 07, 2015
Wiley Rein lawyers who successfully challenged a section of the Voting Rights Act in the U.S. Supreme Court are not entitled to collect $2 million in legal fees from the government, a federal appeals court in Washington ruled on Sept. 1. Plus more in this week's column.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : September 01, 2015
Employment litigator Leslie Dent has left Paul Hastings for Littler. Dent, who chaired Paul Hastings' Atlanta employment law practice for a decade, had been at the firm since 1983, after earning a law degree from Northwestern University. She joined Littler as a shareholder.
Julie Kay : Daily Business Review : August 31, 2015
Joe Sirven of Holland & Knight said a "perfect storm" has led to a shortage of midlevel associates for corporate and real estate groups.
Mike Sacks : Legal Times : August 31, 2015
The justices rule against the Kentucky county clerk who stopped issuing marriage licenses in response to the high court's same-sex marriage decision. A federal judge in Washington tees up a new challenge to the Affordable Care Act. And the Ninth Circuit takes a look at the constitutionality of California's death penalty. But will the panel even get to the merits? This is a daily news roundup from ALM and other publications.
Celia Ampel : Daily Business Review : August 27, 2015
Delray Beach developer Anthony Pugliese pleads no contest to fraud conspiracy and grand theft for allegedly swindling Subway co-founder Fred DeLuca out of about $1.1 million.
Noreen Marcus : Daily Business Review : August 25, 2015
Tallahassee lawyer Floyd Self, who grew up in Coral Gables, fears a large solar facility unregulated in the middle of residential housing.
: The National Law Journal : August 24, 2015
Lateral moves, new arrivals and distinctions in this week's column.
Eleazar David Melendez : Daily Business Review : August 21, 2015
Martin Melo said the Melo Group might not even need to tap into the $95 million loan to fund construction of Aria on the Bay.
: New York Law Journal : August 20, 2015
Six firms announce new additions, BuckleySandler announces a promotion to partner, and Portolano Cavallo has opened its first U.S. representative office in New York for clients looking to make Italian investments or to establish and operate businesses in Italy.
Meredith Hobbs : Daily Report : August 18, 2015
BAY Mediation & Arbitration Services has been on a summer hiring spree, adding five experienced Atlanta lawyers to its roster of neutrals: Tom Sampson and T. "Woody" Sampson II of Thomas Kennedy Sampson & Tompkins, T. Bart Gary of Freeman Mathis & Gary, C.G. "Sonny" Jester Jr. of Gleeds USA, and Chris Simon, who has a plaintiffs firm and is director of business development for CoCounselor.
: The National Law Journal : August 17, 2015
Lateral moves and new arrivals in this week's column.