- Adams and Reese LLP
- Akerman Senterfitt
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Allen Matkins Leck Gamble Mallory & Natsis LLP
- Alston & Bird LLP
- Andrews Kurth LLP
- Arent Fox LLP
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Arnold & Porter LLP
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Baker & McKenzie LLP
- Baker Botts LLP
- Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC
- Ballard Spahr LLP
- Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Bingham McCutchen LLP
- Blank Rome LLP
- Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP
- Bracewell & Giuliani LLP
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
- Brown Rudnick LLP
- Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, LLP
- Bryan Cave LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Burr & Forman LLP
- Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
- Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP
- Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Chadbourne & Parke LLP
- Chapman and Cutler LLP
- Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
- Clark Hill
- Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Cooley LLP
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Cozen O’Connor
- Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP
- Crowell & Moring LLP
- Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP
- Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Day Pitney LLP
- Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
- Dechert LLP
- Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Dickstein Shapiro LLP
- Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- DLA Piper
- Dorsey & Whitney LLP
- Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Duane Morris LLP
- Dykema Gossett PLLC
- Edwards Wildman Palmer
- Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Faegre Baker Daniels
- Fennemore Craig, P.C.
- Fenwick & West LLP
- Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP
- Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Fisher & Phillips LLP
- Fitzpatrick, Cella, Harper & Scinto
- Foley & Lardner LLP
- Foley Hoag LLP
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen & Loewy, LLP
- Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
- Frost Brown Todd LLC
- Gardere Wynne Sewell LLP
- Gibbons P.C.
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Gordon & Rees LLP
- Goulston & Storrs, A Professional Corporation
- GrayRobinson, P.A.
- Greenberg Traurig P.A.
- Haynes and Boone, LLP
- Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Hogan Lovells
- Holland & Hart LLP
- Holland & Knight LLP
- Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
- Hunton & Williams LLP
- Husch Blackwell
- Ice Miller LLP
- Irell & Manella LLP
- Jackson Lewis LLP
- Jackson Walker L.L.P
- Jeffer Mangels Butler & Mitchell LLP
- Jenner & Block LLP
- Jones Day
- K&L Gates LLP
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Kaye Scholer LLP
- Kelley Drye & Warren LLP
- Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP
- King & Spalding LLP
- Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear, LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- Kutak Rock LLP
- Lane Powell
- Latham & Watkins LLP
- Lathrop & Gage LLP
- Lewis and Roca LLP
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Locke Lord
- Loeb & Loeb LLP
- Lowenstein Sandler PC
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
- Mayer Brown LLP
- McCarter & English, LLP
- McDermott Will & Emery
- McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney & Carpenter, LLP
- McGuireWoods LLP
- McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP
- Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP
- Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone, PLC
- Mintz, Levin, Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, PC
- Moore & Van Allen PLLC
- Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
- Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP
- Nixon Peabody LLP
- Norton Rose LLP
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
- Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
- Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Patton Boggs LLP
- Paul Hastings LLP
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Perkins Coie LLP
- Phelps Dunbar LLP
- Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Polsinelli Shughart PC
- Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Proskauer Rose LLP
- Quarles & Brady LLP
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP
- Reed Smith LLP
- Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Robinson & Cole LLP
- Ropes & Gray LLP
- Saul Ewing LLP
- Schiff Hardin LLP
- Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Shearman & Sterling LLP
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
- Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
- Shumaker, Loop & Kendrick, LLP
- Shutts & Bowen LLP
- Sidley Austin LLP
- Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Snell & WilmerL.L.P.
- Squire Sanders LLP
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP
- Stevens & Lee, A Professional Corporation
- Stinson Morrison Hecker LLP
- Stoel Rives LLP
- Strasburger & Price, LLP
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Sullivan & Cromwell LLP
- Sullivan & Worcester LLP
- Sutherland Asbill & Brennan LLP
- Thompson & Knight LLP
- Thompson Coburn LLP
- Thompson Hine LLP
- Troutman Sanders LLP
- Vedder Price, P.C.
- Venable LLP
- Vinson & Elkins LLP
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP
- Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
- White & Case LLP
- Wiley Rein LLP
- Williams & Connolly LLP
- Williams Mullen
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Dorr
- Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker LLP
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Winstead PC
- Winston & Strawn LLP
- Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice
- Designation: New York
- Head Count: 136
- Gross Revenues: $105,500,000
- Revenue Per Lawyer: $775,000
- Profits Per Partner: $645,000
- Year Over Year Change: N/A
Herrick, Feinstein is a New York-based law firm. According to the National Law Journal's 2015 NLJ 350 ranking of firms based on size, Herrick, Feinstein has 136 attorneys and is the 301st largest firm in the United States. With $115,500,000 in gross revenue in 2015, the firm placed 179th on The American Lawyer's 2016 Am Law 200 ranking. The firm has offices in NJ and NY.
In the News
Ben Bedell : New York Law Journal : May 27, 2016
A Brooklyn appeals panel has affirmed a lower court's holding that an arbitrator may not "modify" a ruling two years after making it based on "new information in the matter."
Ross Todd : The Recorder : May 26, 2016
The company's lawyers at Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe were on the losing end of a jury verdict Thursday finding Google's use of Java APIs protected as fair use.
: The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
The Second Hundred, firms 101-200 on our list of the nation's highest-grossing firms, underperformed their larger counterparts in 2015.
MP McQueen : The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
Herrick Feinstein is the latest large firm seeking to save money by hiring an outside provider to handle library services.
Christine Simmons : The American Lawyer : May 23, 2016
The firm's robust year reverses recent declines
and quiets merger talk.
Ross Todd : The Recorder : May 08, 2016
If Oracle's lawyers overcome Google's fair use defense, they plan to ask for nearly $9 billion in copyright damages.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : May 02, 2016
DLA Piper bags new recruits from Skadden and Willkie Farr; Chadbourne & Parke picks up a partner with World Cup ties; Cleary Gottlieb adds an Allen & Overy practice leader; Stroock nabs a former federal judge; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Brian Baxter : The Am Law Daily : April 27, 2016
The Philadelphia-based firm bolts on smaller wealth management shops in California and Florida; Jenner & Block rebuilds its government contracts group; Sidley Austin hires MoFo's ERISA head; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : April 25, 2016
A half-dozen lawyers from Herrick Feinstein's Newark office have headed a few miles up Interstate 280—to Chiesa Shahinian & Giantomasi in West Orange, a firm that has steadily grown its ranks since rebranding a year ago.
Nell Gluckman : The Am Law Daily : April 04, 2016
McGuireWoods adds 13 partners in 13 days; Paul Weiss poaches a high-powered Cravath M&A partner; Kenyon & Kenyon loses two patent prosecution pros to Norton Rose Fulbright; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
Andrew Denney : New York Law Journal : April 01, 2016
An appeals court has tossed out an order for a property owner to pay $185,000 for denying a tenant's request to construct a handicapped-accessible entrance to her apartment because it would not be structurally feasible.
Christine Simmons : New York Law Journal : March 29, 2016
While some midsize firms are struggling to grow revenue and stabilize in the competitive New York market, Herrick Feinstein, with about 138 attorneys, has found a formula to rebound after two years of slipping revenue and profits per partner.
: New Jersey Law Journal : March 18, 2016
Greenbaum Rowe Names Two New Partners and Three New Counsel. Sills Cummis & Gross Welcomes Two New Partners.
Ben Bedell : New York Law Journal : February 24, 2016
A condominium may sue to rescind a unit's sale on the grounds the buyer did not disclose her intent to operate a day care center in it, even though the condo suffered no monetary damages, a First Department panel said Tuesday.
Ben Bedell : New York Law Journal : February 08, 2016
A real estate buyer cannot recoup a $4 million deposit because the sellers were relieved of any obligation to show they were ready to close when the buyer filed a rescission action before the closing date, an appellate court held.
Brian Baxter and Christine Simmons : The Am Law Daily : February 01, 2016
The latest Dickstein Shapiro defectors are hired by Holland & Knight; Jones Day adds an IP trio; Kirkland & Ellis recruits a senior SEC official; Latham & Watkins lands a high-profile lateral in Germany; and other notable additions from throughout The Am Law 200.
: New York Law Journal : January 26, 2016
Seven firms announce promotions while Thompson Hine and Romer Debbas have each added an attorney.
Andrew Keshner : New York Law Journal : January 25, 2016
While projects that are already underway are unlikely to be affected by the expiration of the "421-a" property tax abatement program, several real estate attorneys expressed hope that the program will be renewed, as it has become a key component of negotiating major development deals in the city.
David Gialanella : New Jersey Law Journal : December 22, 2015
If, as the song goes, breaking up is hard to do, 2015 was a challenging year for firms that dissolved, reconstituted, saw partners part ways, or otherwise experienced change. Blockbuster mergers and acquisitions were lacking. But, as was the case elsewhere, firms were active, and high lateral mobility, an industry trait for several years, remained on full display.
Andrew Lavoott Bluestone : New York Law Journal : December 01, 2015
Andrew Lavoott Bluestone writes that the statute of limitations in legal malpractice cases is often thought of as impervious. But what has always seemed to be a very strict and narrowly construed doctrine has recently admitted of a wide-open exception that may well come to swallow the rule over the years. The exception concerns law firm retainers with arbitration agreements.
: New York Law Journal : November 30, 2015
Ropes & Gray and King & Spalding announce new partners; Herrick Feinstein, Baker & McKenzie and Arnold & Porter announce new hires; and Kevin Bernstein has been elected to chair Bond, Schoeneck & King's management committee, among other news.